Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

"Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head (18411 Views)

Alfa Belgore & P&ID: Who Is Salihu Modibbo Alfa Belgore? / Mustapha Abubakar And Salihu Yakasai Have Dinner Together (Photo) / Billions Probe: Akpabio Plots Removal Of EFCC Zonal Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by EdifiedCEO: 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
The South-South Zonal Head of Operations of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ishaq Salihu, on Thursday, June 2, 2017 told a Rivers State High Court, sitting in Port Harcourt, that a former Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, Mr. Robert Akunne Obuoha, offered him a bribe of N150, 000.00k (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira only), in order to compromise an ongoing investigation by the EFCC.

He stated this before Justice S.C. Amadi, while being led in evidence by the EFCC’s counsel, O.B. Akinsola( Mrs). Obuoha, a former director in the Project Management of the NDDC, is being investigated in a case of contract splitting and over-inflation of contract.

At the resumed hearing of the matter on Thursday, the EFCC presented its last prosecution witness, Mr. Ishaq Salihu, who told the court that, “on February 12, 2016, the defendant came to my office where he asked me that he wanted to see me in private and all alone, and I asked him, why? I categorically told him that it was not possible and that, whatever he wished to see me about, should be discussed in the presence of the investigators.

There upon, he dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out a sum of N150, 000.00, made up of three bundles of N50, 000.00 of N500 denomination each and offered them to me. I asked him what the money was meant for, the defendant said I should use it to buy recharge cards and also to establish a relationship with me. This prompted the Commission to investigate the matter and file a charge against the defendant’’.

Defense counsel, Chief Sam Nwadigha asked Salihu whether he had any personal dealings with the defendant “before February 12, 2016?’’ and he responded “Yes and No”. “Yes, because he came to the EFCC to write a statement over an ongoing investigation in which his name featured, and he was allowed to go and bring in a surety because of the volume of money involved.

"As a staff of NDDC, he was asked to go and bring a reliable surety”. Obuoha, had in his confessional statement, admitted that he offered Salihu the said money “for him to buy recharge cards in order to build a good relationship with him”.

Justice Amadi adjourned the case to 13 July, 2017 for the defence counsel to open its case.

The only one count charge against him read: “that you, Robert Akunne Obuoha on or about the 12th day of February, 2016 at Port Harcourt in the Port Harcourt Judicial Division did corruptly give N150, 000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only to Mr. Ishaq Salihu a public officer and Zonal Head of Operations, Economics and Financial Crimes Commission, South-South zone, Port Harcourt for the purpose of ‘’recharge cards’’ and with a view to influence his decision in a case wherein you are being investigated and thereby committed an offence, Official Corruption contrary to Section 13 (1) (a) of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2003 and Punishable under section 13 (1) of the same Act".

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/06/how-nddc-director-attempted-to-bribe-me.html

3 Likes

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
N150k only for recharge card shocked

1. N1,000 recharge card would give 60mins talk free
2. N150,000 recharge cards would give 150hours talk time
3. 150hours is equivalent of 6days plus of continuous talk.

To the crux of the matter, this is an amazing arraignment.

But where is lalasticlala sef

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Unimaginable123: 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
If NDDC Director wants to bribe you, it's mere N150,000. Lies from the pit of the hell. Can u even bribe a youth leader or a student union leader with 150k?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by tollytexy(m): 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Me looking at his pic tells hes a pathetic liar ..

1 Like

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Kobicove(m): 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Attempted to bribe you with just N150,000?

No wonder you rejected it...

A true test and confirmation of your honesty would have been if you rejected a bribe of N150 million undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Tolams16(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
space booked
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Arian11(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
mumu person don tell you say you no fit see am for private

secondly him tell you say make you talk wetin you wan talk infront of the investigators yet you still do wetin you want do ....

indeed wisdom doesn't come with age

destiny is in one pot in his village

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by oshe11: 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
Instead of him to "Blibe" him in erm.... USD grin

Now that ALLOWEE has entered this Night, lemme go and stake the UCL final..... gringrin

2 Likes

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by zangiff(m): 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
........................................................................... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by deefrosh: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
150k dat you cannot even use to bribe a parrot not to talk...Oga this your fable don dey mad o..#Lies
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by HRich(m): 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Are you serious?? and you failed to contact us

1 Like

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Babachukwu: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Swear you never collect bribe before
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by jeftalene(m): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
www.engineerosaz..com is where you find latest prices of building materials in Nigeria, free rough estimates of various types of building projects across the country and quality construction advice from a reliable professional in the industry.

With engineerosaz. you are not alone!
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Keneking:
N150k only for recharge card shocked
1. N1,000 recharge card would give 60mins talk free 2. N150,000 recharge cards would give 150hours talk time 3. 150hours is equivalent of 6days plus of continuous talk.
To the crux of the matter, this is an amazing arraignment.
But where is lalasticlala sef
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Corruption everywhere

Promise and failed everywhere
Please I'm seriously in need of a job(part-time or fulltime) , being jobless for a while. thanks
Bsc mat/comp.sci
Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing/training
3. Online registration
4. Corporate training
5. Software Training
6. Graphics designing
7. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by hucienda: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Robert bi like you go go defend ursef on dis allegation for court ...

but come o dis efcc. na only northerners full there?

2 Likes

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by sunnysunny69(m): 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
NDDC guy na mumu, offering a bribe of 150 thousand. Your mates are dropping millions of dollars in bribe you are dropping 3 by 50 thousand bundles .

1 Like

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by 6KID: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
150k.....? u tried.... ODE
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by ginajet(f): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Some men would deliberately not buy chairs in thier house so that when a Lady comes visiting she would have no option than to sit on the bed.....wehdone ooo minister of strategic planning, Buhari needs your CV

3 Likes

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Amirullaha(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Observed!!!
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by hardywaltz(m): 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
Disgraceful
Almighty Engr Robert Obuoha (Fnse) Director of the most powerful Directorate of Project Monitoring & Supervision (PMS)
SMH
After collecting Millions of Dollars in bribe and been investigated for paying for ghost projects which run into 25 billion naira.
U choose to bribe EFCC Zonal Head with a mere N150k

U be real mumu, u think everybody comes cheap like you who paid out 25 billion to GEJ contractors and getting few crumbs as ur share.

I hope they jail you for the rest of ur Natura life.

3 Likes

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by vedaxcool(m): 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
hucienda:
Robert bi like you go go defend ursef on dis allegation for court ...

but come o dis efcc. na only northerners full there?

Look at them only tribalism in their arsenal.

I hope defenders of thieves would allocate their service to Mr. Akunna Mutata

4 Likes

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by MillionDollars: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
Yoruba call this Ase
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by PREBuhari2019: 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
lie another one
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by ACE1010: 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kobicove:
Attempted to bribe you with just N150,000?

No wonder you rejected it...

A true test and confirmation of your honesty would have been if you rejected a bribe of N150 million undecided

Hmmmmmm!!! That's very tempting!! It's takes a man with true character to turn down that staggering amount!!
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by ipobarecriminals: 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
Stealing is not corruption(Dokito jona Azikwe Ebele

2 Likes

Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by adecz: 10:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
NDDC chieftain under investigation,
offering only N150k??

He must be very stingy.

EFCC, pls jail him. angry
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Childofaking: 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
work from the comfort of your home and earn upto $5000 a month, click below:
http://dollartell.com/?share=57206
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by mark2sunny(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
ginajet:
Some men would deliberately not buy chairs in thier house so that when a Lady comes visiting she would have no option than to sit on the bed.....wehdone ooo minister of strategic planning, Buhari needs your CV

Hey u really funny
How many times did you experienced that chair thing?
Re: "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
A whole NDDC Director wan bribe u with N150k only? Isorait

Abeg, me too, I wan bribe Nairalanders only with 500 extra units jare.
Just buy SMS Units this weekend and you will be bribed.
Whatsapp 2348160266850 or check my signature to get bribed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Why Jonathan Could Not Accuse Me Of Corruption" - Amaechi / Presidency Silent Over Obasanjo's Letter After Tinubu, Akande & Buhari's Meeting / Jonathan keeps PDP guessing one week to Kogi, Bayelsa elections - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.