Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta (4681 Views)

Remembering Kudirat Abiola: 24 Years After Her Assassination (Photos) / Jonathan Disowns Online Comments On Biafra And Niger Delta / Col. K.E Elemele: Colonel Killed by Boko Haram, A Worthy Son Of The Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by menxer: 11:26am On Jun 03, 2017
mekaboy:

No, a structure where states have their own constitution, with a regional development framework and minimal interference from federal Government. Federal governments will look to states and regions for allocation not the other way round. The power at the center is reduced drastically and it becomes less attractive. We save the money we use to overfeed the Senate and reps , and invest it in infrastructure and development of states.

Is it God that would do that for us?
We are the ones that adopted the federal system as we have it, now that we are no longer comfortable with it, we are still the ones that would and should change it.

By the way, changing the federal structure as we have it is not synonymous with Biafra.
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by successmatters(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2017
bantudra:

urhobo women didnt suffer under fulanis....the hausas didnt come close to the delta to start with.....biafra invaded urhoboland not fulanis...

the fulanis came to our aid to drive out biafrans but couldnt tell who was biafran or not....

Come back home, you are still fuming and venting about the civil war which history have been banned by the government because of their shameful past. But I am talking about TODAY.

Does it not strike you as odd that some people who claim to be Urhobo here will rather dwell on the past history of a 2 years + war which the details are banned, than discuss the present day free rape of a people right in their own land? Is there not a Fulani camp in Urhobo land today, is fighting against the declaration of Biafra more important than the present day rapes?

That is why I still maintain that frathermathy and batundra are Yoruba's, but pretending to be from the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by successmatters(m): 11:40am On Jun 03, 2017
martyns303:

Stop trooling me, I can decide the subject I want to discuss on.

Only an outsider will behave with your kind of insensitivity.

"He whose house is on fire does not go chasing rats" Chinua Achebe.
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Iskander2: 11:46am On Jun 03, 2017
bantudra:
they were told to stop this biafra nonesense....but they didnt listen...

they were told,they will open up old wounds that never realy healed.....but they didnt listen... undecided

because the delta suffer in nigeria today,in your opinion,will not make us forget what happend in the past with biafra matter...

boy so u hav not grown abov this your tribal hate how then can u become a man and finally leave your fadas house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Iskander2: 11:51am On Jun 03, 2017
martyns303:
THROWBACK ON BIAFRA:
FEW FACTS EVERY RIVERS & BAYELSAN MUST KNOW ABOUT THE DECLARATION OF THE STATE OF BIAFRA IN 1967.

1. Did you know that the State of Biafra was declared three (3) (30/05/1967) days after Rivers State (comprising present Rivers State and Bayelsa State) was created on 27/05/1967?

2. Did you know that one of the reasons for the declaration of Biafra (which is rarely spoken about) is the creation of Rivers State, which appeared, rightly so too, to have whittled down the grip and control of the then Eastern Nigeria over the resources and affairs of the area called Rivers State, especially Port Harcourt City?

3. Did you know that before the creation of Rivers State (and the resultant declaration of Biafra-three days after) that Port Harcourt was literarily "colonized" by the Igbos, who used their influence as the majority group/tribe in the then Eastern State of Nigeria to marginalized the present people of Rivers and Bayelsa States?

4. Did you know that the oppression and marginalization were so much that the indigenous land(s) of the Port Harcourt people especially were forcibly taken over from them, renamed and developed by force; and if resisted, such resistant indigene was arrested to Enugu and some were not lucky enough to survive the maltreatment, inhumanity that followed?

5. Did you know that the atrocities and inhumanity were so much that the Nigeria Government acknowledge it and agreed to concede a state for the indigenous people residing in the present Rivers and Bayelsa State?

6. Did you know that as a result of the manifest oppression and brut force in the manner which the Igbos forcibly took over land from the indigenous people of the area within Rivers and Bayelsa, especially Port Harcourt, Rivers State was the ONLY STATE IN NIGERIA, (not even in the state of the champions on either side of the war), after the Civil War, where landed Properties were declared ABANDONED PROPERTY upon a Military Decree (which exists as part of the Laws of Rivers State till date)?

7. Did you know that the Abandoned Property Law was made to allow the Igbos show prove that the properties were legitimately acquired, and with mutual consent of the original indigenous owners?

8. Did you know that 85% of the Igbos could not show legitimate prove of acquisition of those "forcibly" acquired properties in Port Harcourt and that they still bear old grudge till date for the loss?

9. Do you know that they still retain same old attitudes, with no form of remorse and apology to Rivers people.

Cc: tonyebarnista

boy u see there are people who are really good at this thing i mean propaganda but painfully u are not one of them so quit it b4 u becom a laughing stock however u can try again wen ur IQ craws to 30

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by martyns303(m): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2017
kingzizzy:

You will have to find sonething else to 100% because there is no ethnic group in the world called Niger Delta.

By the way, have you asked Ijaw, Itshekiri, Ibibio etc in referend7m if they want to be with you?

Show me where I referred to the ND as a single ethnic group or get lost. We are a group of people from the same region with a single goal, self determination.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by martyns303(m): 11:56am On Jun 03, 2017
Iskander2:

boy u see there are people who are really good at this thing i mean propaganda but painfully u are not one of them so quit it b4 u becom a laughing stock however u can try again wen ur IQ craws to 30

I believe you mean "crawl", someone with an IQ of over 30 like yourself should know better.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by HiddenShadow: 11:58am On Jun 03, 2017
successmatters:

Come back home, you are still fuming and venting about the civil war which history have been banned by the government because of their shameful past. But I am talking about TODAY.

Does it not strike you as odd that some people who claim to be Urhobo here will rather dwell on the past history of a 2 years + war which the details are banned, than discuss the present day free rape of a people right in their own land? Is there not a Fulani camp in Urhobo land today, is fighting against the declaration of Biafra more important than the present day rapes?

That is why I still maintain that frathermathy and batundra are Yoruba's, but pretending to be from the Niger Delta.

You are smart to identify these 2 people

These are people more concern about Biafra than the invasion of Urhobo land by Fulani herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Iskander2: 11:59am On Jun 03, 2017
martyns303:

I believe you mean "crawl", someone with an IQ of over 30 like yourself should know better.

like i said u are not intelligent enough to know am using short forms even my dog will know beta

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by martyns303(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
Iskander2:

like i said u are not intelligent enough to know am using short forms even a dog will know beta

Seriously? That's your defense? My friend get away from this place.

Don't think u would be getting further response from me.

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Iskander2: 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
martyns303:

Seriously? That's your defense? My friend get away from this place.

i will not continue to offer u a table in the arena of the SANE by dignifying u wit a respond so contact me wen ur IQ finally CRAWS to 30

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by bantudra: 12:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
Iskander2:

boy so u hav not grown abov this your tribal hate how then can u become a man and finally leave your fadas house

if you dont drop this biafra nonesense,people will remember what happened in the past...

they could even start hating igbos more than you can even imagine.........

people forgot...but you are forcing them to remember again....

3 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by bantudra: 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
successmatters:

calling us yorubas will not quiet us on nairaland....and if you dont give up this your biafra nonesense,the next step is we shall meet on the streets but we shall not be discussing but rather beating up each other... angry

stop including us into biafra,or we will take you very seriously...

we urhobos are not known to talk that much....but we can keep our disdain for you quietly till you come too near like in the civil war....

2 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Jonathan39: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
Igbos are not interested in there oyel.is anambra, IMO, enugu, etc developing with oyel money?we survived with out oyel money, but the deserted North are afraid to try that. If they want a country of there own,they will get it. Yorubas are married to the north and there's nothing like divorce? #sorry afonja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Nazacent: 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
Situation report

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by successmatters(m): 4:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
bantudra:

calling us yorubas will not quiet us on nairaland....and if you dont give up this your biafra nonesense,the next step is we shall meet on the streets but we shall not be discussing but rather beating up each other... angry

stop including us into biafra,or we will take you very seriously...

we urhobos are not known to talk that much....but we can keep our disdain for you quietly till you come too near like in the civil war....

Civil wars, beating up each other and causingvtrouble! Just like every normal Nigerian.

Oh God, what am I in the wrong country?
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by honeychild(f): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
successmatters:

No, I don't dig it. From what you just wrote, you people are one confused tribe of people hopping around from religion to religion without any understanding of the true teachings of any.

You just painted your tribe as a fickle minded bunch of people.

Nope. They are an enlightened bunch who know that who and what you worship is your personal choice. In every yoruba family there is a mix of christian, Muslim and traditionalist.

I repeat....we do not do religious bigotry.
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by 7lives: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
successmatters:

No, I don't dig it. From what you just wrote, you people are one confused tribe of people hopping around from religion to religion without any understanding of the true teachings of any.

You just painted your tribe as a fickle minded bunch of people.

Kkkkkkkkkk I feel your pain bro.

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Arda1000(m): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
martyns303:

I am 100% Niger Deltan, why are the Igbos so eager for the ND to merge with Biafra? When the ND can use the same referendum for self determination. You are accusing the North of forcibly integrating Igbos into Nigeria, and here you are forcibly trying to integrate another region into Biafra. Is that not hypocrisy?

Look at that one up there complaining that they should be controlling our resource by the simple fact that they are "our neighbors".

During the Civil war, the people of ND were simply casualties, each side fighting to integrate us into them for the sole purpose of our wealth. We say no more, in the event of the disintegration of Nigeria, we are neither going with Biafra or the other side. We are standing on our, no longer shall we be used.
you are 100 percent niger delta how? did you grand fathers know the name Niger delta?

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by martyns303(m): 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2017
Arda1000:
you are 100 percent niger delta how? did you grand fathers know the name Niger delta?

Just imagine the useless question, will u get out from this place!!!!
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by emmydadave: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
Lolz.... Lies and propaganda from the pit of hell.

Lemme help u with another lie. Did u know that the igbos forced the ikwerres and the people of Rivers to fighting for the IGBOs in Biafra?

The reason why people can wake up jx one morning and start spitting rubbish is bcus history is not been taught in our skuls, rather we spend our time teaching and learning other people's history.

Have anybody ever being taught that this is the reason for the civil war and these are the measure put in place to avert or end the war and also to rehabilitate the whole nation.

And just like a joke that almost all of us hav read online, "this is how stupid and gullible all Nigerians will be until the government starts doing the right thing

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Adiola(f): 2:17am On Jun 04, 2017
menxer:

Emeka! Relax, why should the igbos control all the oil blocks?

Oh! So this Biafra thing is actually about the oil resources?

old man so you don't wanna grow up keep quoting yourself am looking at your IP right now
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by EzeUche(m): 2:25am On Jun 04, 2017
Niger Delta what else do you have to lose?

Nigeria has polluted your land.

Your people have no access to clean drinking water

Your children swim in polluted waterways

You have no job

Your region's wealth has been sent to Lagos and Abuja.

So what else do you have to lose? Why not join the Igbos, your closest neighbors.

3 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by EzeUche(m): 2:29am On Jun 04, 2017
Only Yoruba are concerned about the Biafra matter.

Many Niger Deltans are on fence.

Biafrans treat most propoganda as originating from West of the River Niger

Niger Deltans do not hold the Biafran matter on their head.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Adiola(f): 2:34am On Jun 04, 2017
honeychild:

Nope. They are an enlightened bunch who know that who and what you worship is your personal choice. In every yoruba family there is a mix of christian, Muslim and traditionalist.

I repeat....we do not do religious bigotry.
my goodness so you are no longer ss remember that thread where you quoted someone of events in pH during Biafra dit at home ...you are one of the reason Igbo race insults the yoruba
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by EzeUche(m): 2:39am On Jun 04, 2017
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what in common that the Urhobo have with the Ibibio.

The Aro Igbo who have a shared history with the Ibibio and culture and are the closest neighbors.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Amberon11: 2:49am On Jun 04, 2017
According to what I was told, the soldiers asked everyone to pronounce a certain word ; those who didn't get the right pronunciation were killed as they thought they were Igbos.

My parents, their friends, and several relatives have confirmed this fact.
bantudra:

urhobo women didnt suffer under fulanis....the hausas didnt come close to the delta to start with.....biafra invaded urhoboland not fulanis...

the fulanis came to our aid to drive out biafrans but couldnt tell who was biafran or not....

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Amberon11: 2:52am On Jun 04, 2017
Hey, that isnt your buisness okay? First focus on your region and other igboid groups.
kingzizzy:

You will have to find sonething else to 100% because there is no ethnic group in the world called Niger Delta.

By the way, have you asked Ijaw, Itshekiri, Ibibio etc in referend7m if they want to be with you?
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Amberon11: 2:56am On Jun 04, 2017
How many people have been killed by fulani herdsmen in Delta compared to Enugu? Pls focus on the Enugu killings which are significantly more than that of the delta.
HiddenShadow:

You are smart to identify these 2 people

These are people more concern about Biafra than the invasion of Urhobo land by Fulani herdsmen
Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by Amberon11: 3:00am On Jun 04, 2017
Why are you people so desperate? What is your business with what we have in common? What do you Igbo's have in common with the Ibibio apart from being close neighbors? This desperation is making more Niger Deltans hate Biafra.
EzeUche:
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what in common that the Urhobo have with the Ibibio.

The Aro Igbo who have a shared history with the Ibibio and culture and are the closest neighbors.

1 Like

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by EzeUche(m): 3:03am On Jun 04, 2017
Amberon11:
Why are you people so desperate? What is your business with what we have in common? What do you Igbo's have in common with the Ibibio apart from being close neighbors? This desperation is making more Niger Deltans hate Biafra.

Niger Deltans hate Nigeria more. They have been given a raw deal.

That is why they are swelling the ranks of IPOB

But you wouldn't know that Yoruba would you. Always carrying the Biafra matter on your head.

And I am half Ibibio. So don't tell me about my people.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta by honeychild(f): 6:23am On Jun 04, 2017
Adiola:
my goodness so you are no longer ss remember that thread where you quoted someone of events in pH during Biafra dit at home ...you are one of the reason Igbo race insults the yoruba

I hardly insult people but men your own IQ is sub zero. Here you are answering to a fake yoruba moniker. And so you believe everyone is doing the same thing.

One would have expected a race of "world developers" to know that PH is a metropolitan city where people of all tribes live.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AMAECHI Deliberately SET Me Up For Humiliation —pastor Tonye Cole / President Obasanjo Met With Leaders Of PDP And ZLP Today In Abeokuta(photos) / Wike Places Bounty On Kumasi & VIP Dreaded Cultists In Rivers State (Rhotos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.