Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,695 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards (7955 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
1) Religion
As long as black people follow foreign religions that have been used to enslave them in the past, we will always be mental slaves. Like it or not islam ultimately benefits the Arabs and Christianity the whites. GO to Jerusalem and see how black pilgrims are treated. Go to Mecca and see the difference between African pilgrims and Arab ones.

We are one of the most homophobic, sexist and ignorant races as a result of religion.

2) Survivalist mentality.
Just because you are alive doesn't mean that you are living. Poverty makes you focus on surviving and not living. You care about your next food or salary instead of taking time to look At art or do some philosophy on nature. You focus on yourself rather than the bigger picture of the community. You become so materialistic rather than perceptive. When a black man hammers, it is to pop champagne in the club, while the typical white man eats out with family and friends.

3) ignorance of our history (as a result of colonization)
If you knew that most powerful Christian churches and Muslims in the early centuries were supporters of slavery of Africans, would you be a Christian?

If you knew that your prophet regarded blacks as inferior would you follow him?

If you knew that your tribe or culture is older than Jews, Arabs or Judaism, would you claim to be descendants of Jews and Arabs?

If you knew that your tribes had inventions like sculpting techniques with bronze, hunting weapons, pottery etc, would you say that only the white and asian men could invent?

Cc tingtingz, vedaxcool, Hahn, hopefullandlord, jonbellion, deepsight, lepasharon, scepticalpyhrro, decide, tosyne2much, naptu2, joshthefirst, demmzy15, onyenze123, galaman, theeminentlaity

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by tosyne2much(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
This is nothing nothing but the truth. Permit me to elaborate more on how religion has ruined this Africa

Christianity in Africa, especially Nigerian lacks several attributes that has kept us stagnant and backward. These attributes we lack are

Exposure, logic, facts, evidence, science, common sense, proof, reasoning, probability, thinking, intelligence, feasibility, confirmation, wisdom, likelihood, knowledge, rationality, realism, plausibility, intellect, open mindedness, analysis, induction, deduction, logistics, brainpower, coherence , saneness, consistency, congruity, enlightenment, sensibility, legitimacy, authenticity, predictability, believability, and foresight.

Religion has kept us back and stagnant in Africa and our over-spirituality as regards religion don't want science to advance any further, finding more evidence for evolution or perhaps the non-deistic mechanism of the universe’s creation. However, it doesn’t want people to become more knowledgeable about the origins and evolution and to unravel mystery.

In fact, it doesn’t want school children to be taught critical thinking skills but their thinking should only be within religion sentiments or superstition, hence, causing us to be unproductive

You can see that those who are able to think outside religion are the movers of yhe earth. They are people that have made landmarks across the world

May God help us in this part of the world

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Epositive(m): 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
food for thought cheesy

somebody should give that guy two wraps of sharwama cool

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Nothing but the truth

I'm coming back to modify cheesy

I await your comment
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by FellepHq(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2017
Truth, that history part is the most important.
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by tosyne2much(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
Is Lalasticlala still a moderator? cheesy
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Is Lalasticlala still a moderator? cheesy
You wan chop 3days ban abi.... Na Only Sunday threads lala push to fp
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by tosyne2much(m): 6:03pm On Jun 03, 2017
adepeter26:

You wan chop 3days ban abi.... Na Only Sunday threads lala push to fp
You dey joke abi? shocked
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
You dey joke abi? shocked
I no joke. Lala hardly push such a thread to fp.. wink
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Pastafarian: 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
interesting OP
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 6:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
This is nothing nothing but the truth. Permit me to elaborate more on how religion has ruined this nation.

Christianity in Nigeria lacks several attributes that has kept us backward, which makes us lack the following attributes

Exposure, logic, facts, evidence, science, common sense, proof, reasoning, probability, thinking, intelligence, feasibility, confirmation, wisdom, likelihood, knowledge, rationality, realism, plausibility, intellect, open mindedness, analysis, induction, deduction, logistics, brainpower, coherence , saneness, consistency, congruity, enlightenment, sensibility, legitimacy, authenticity, predictability, believability, and foresight.

Religion has kept us back and stagnant in Africa and our over-spirituality as regards religion don't want science to advance any further, finding more evidence for evolution or perhaps the non-deistic mechanism of the universe’s creation. However, it doesn’t want people to become more knowledgeable about the origins and evolution and to unravel mystery.

In fact, it doesn’t want school children to be taught critical thinking skills but their thinking should only be within the scope of Bible and Quran, hence, causing us to be unproductive

You can see that those who are able to think outside religion are the movers of yhe earth. They are people that have made landmarks across the world

May God help us in this part of the world

I'm happy that you have seen the light. So are you still a christian?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by tosyne2much(m): 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
JackBizzle:

I'm happy that you have seen the light. So are you still a christian?
A very good Christian just that I always spill out the truth anytime any day. My sense of reasoning is not beclouded like that of others

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
A very good Christian just that I always spill out the truth anytime any day. My sense of reasoning is not beclouded like that of others

No wahala. Most atheists have no problem with open and honest Christians.

It is the pastor worshippers that are annoying

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Omotayor123(f): 8:31pm On Jun 03, 2017
I couldn't agree less with number one. that's the major thing.

The second one should be Tribe and ethnic groups. we have got zero tolerance for one another which leads to lack of cooperation and disunity.

until these are addressed, I pray we move forward.

cc. lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
Omotayor123:
I couldn't agree less with number one. that's the major thing.

The second one should be Tribe and ethnic groups. we have got zero tolerance for one another which leads to lack of cooperation and disunity.

until these are addressed, I pray we move forward.

cc. lalasticlala

Yeah, I forgot to add tribalism.

But do you honestly think religion is not a problem? Seriously?
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2017
Religion or our understanding of Religion? Did Religion tell our leaders to steal? Did it tell us to govern our people badly? Are these religions taking us backward because they are foreign or because they are inherently bad?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Joshthefirst(m): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nonsense as usual

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Nonsense as usual

Utter garbage . You can't expect anything better , he's an atheist . His posts reek of ignorance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Pastafarian: 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Nonsense as usual
I admire people who admit they post nonsense, I duff my hat bro for your sincerity

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Religion or our understanding of Religion? Did Religion tell our leaders to steal? Did it tell us to govern our people badly? Are these religions taking us backward because they are foreign or because they are inherently bad?

What do you think?

You have two foreign religions that were created about 2000 years ago when the common man was ignorant- of course, these religions are innately backwards.

Is it not religious doctrine that pushes Nigerian govt to enact homophobic laws? Sharia law in the north is a result of what?

6 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Nonsense as usual

Dear nairalanders, please take notice of this human being called Joshthefirst.

He is an example of why Nigeria will not get better. Rather than learn something new, he would rather close his mind and call something that is factual "nonsense"

Note that he didnt elaborate why it is "nonsense".

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Utter garbage . You can't expect anything better , he's an atheist . His posts reek of ignorance.

Please state why it reeks of ignorance. I doubt you would, though. You seem to be "hit and run" nowadays

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
JackBizzle:

What do you think?

You have two foreign religions that were created about 2000 years ago when the common man was ignorant- of course, these religions are innately backwards.

Is it not religious doctrine that pushes Nigerian govt to enact homophobic laws? Sharia law in the north is a result of what?
I'm asking how these religions did it. How is it the fault of religion that people misinterpret it? How does homophobic laws make any country backward?

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I'm asking how these religions did it. How is it the fault of religion that people misinterpret it? How does homophobic laws make any country backward?

I'm sorry but are you capable of thinking for yourself? Do you really need me to point out the issues with religion? Did i not mention that these foreign religions are innately backwards? So what are you talking about by mentioning "misinterpretation"?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:18am On Jun 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

Please state why it reeks of ignorance. I doubt you would, though. You seem to be "hit and run" nowadays

I don't hit and run . I just hit my target and move on to the next smoothly . cool . What you posted have been debunked ad nauseum . You are trying to be relevant repeating old bullsheet . And you know I'm allergic to bullsheet , it irks me undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 4:30am On Jun 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't hit and run . I just hit my target and move on to the next smoothly . cool . What you posted have been debunked ad nauseum . You are trying to be relevant repeating old bullsheet . And you know I'm allergic to bullsheet , it irks me undecided

Hit and run
Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:29am On Jun 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

I'm sorry but are you capable of thinking for yourself? Do you really need me to point out the issues with religion? Did i not mention that these foreign religions are innately backwards? So what are you talking about by mentioning "misinterpretation"?

No, you didn't. You can show me where you explained in detail how these religions are innately backward.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 7:31am On Jun 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
No, you didn't. You can show me where you explained in detail how these religions are innately backward.

Read again

JackBizzle:

What do you think?

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:34am On Jun 04, 2017
JackBizzle:

Read again

How does saying something was created about 2000 years ago equate backwardness? How does saying that a thing is innately backward explain that it is innately backward?

1 Like

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by Dalamama: 7:37am On Jun 04, 2017
Our superstitious beliefs is what is holding us from moving forward.

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things Making Blacks/nigerians Backwards by JackBizzle: 7:40am On Jun 04, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
How does saying something was created about 2000 years ago equate backwardness? How does saying that a thing is innately backward explain that it is innately backward?

2000 years ago, did they have modern technology and science? Did they have a basic understanding of our environment? Did they even have a proper system of government?

Why then would a modern man use a religion that carries rules from 2000 years ago to rule his life? Do you think apostates should be killed as it is stated in the Islamic hadith? Do you think women should keep quiet in church as it is stated in the new testament? Should we still have slaves and should they obey their masters? Should we punish people for being gay?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

21 Benefits Of Being A Worshipper Of God / We Have No Grudges Against Adeboye - Children Of Founder / Christians Should Learn The Language In Which The Bible Was Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.