Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer (697 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu & His Wife Visit His Lawyer, Ejiofor In Anambra (Photos) / Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Nnamdi Kanu Fulfils Bail Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by EasternWind: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2017
NNAMDI KANU HAVEN'T FLOATED ANY BAIL CONDITION - Barr Ejiofor
Nnamdi Kanu has explained why he went against some bail conditions.
He made this known through his lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor who said it was not for the prosecution(FG) to determine whether or not his client had violated the bail conditions.
Ejiofor said it was the exclusive responsibility of the court to decide whether or not the bail conditions had been violated. He, however, added that some of the conditions the defendant was being touted to have violated were unconstitutional.
He promised to file an application to set aside the “unconstitutional” bail conditions.
Ejiofor said, “It doesn’t lie in their power to determine whether he has breached the bail conditions or not.
“The court gave the bail on supplementary and other main terms. The court knows the terms on which it granted the bail.
“I have been able to clarify this issue – the fact that the court said he cannot be found in the crowd of more than 10 persons does not mean he cannot go to church; it does not mean he cannot entertain visitors in his house.
“It is on that note that we are going to file an application to vacate those terms.
“I can tell you that the court is fully aware that he would attend church and he would receive family members.
“These are his rights under the fundamental human rights in Chapter 4 of the Constitution.”
Reacting to allegations of his client granting press interviews in breach of his bail conditions, Ejiofor said, “Freedom of expression is part of the rights he (Kanu) is entitled to under the Constitution.
“We are filing an application before the court to set aside the terms that are clearly in violation of the Constitution.”
Nwachukwu Victor Samuel Reporting
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by HungerBAD: 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
I grew up in Lagos.

While growing up. We used to have this neigbour from across the Niger Bridge, who always refuses to pay the landlord and preferred running to the courts for one injunction or the other from getting thrown out.

When i rented my first apartment after NYSC in Lagos. I kept wondering why the landlord wanted to know where i was from when the agent took me to him.

Later,i will find out that there is an unofficial codes amongst landlords not to mostly rent houses to those from across the Niger Bridge,for the simple reason that they know how to use the Court system when they refuse to pay rent,or bring in 20 other people from the village to fill the compound up.

Look at Nnamdi Kanu?they granted him bail on humanitarian and medical grounds,but like his friends that refuses to pay rents in Lagos,he is trying to use the Court system to slap everybody on their faces.

I hope other Judges are watching and learning.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
^
Waiting patiently for you to yarn dust and you'd get it. cool
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by Guestlander: 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2017
If the conditions were unconstitutional why didn't you reject them and stay in prison instead? Why did you accept them by putting your signature on them?
It becomes legally binding as soon as you sign on the dotted lines. If you do anything contrary to what you agreed to, the judge can revoke your bail and put you back in prison that is what you accepted and signed.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by taylor88(m): 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
jokers

how many campaign promises has buhari floated
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by EasternWind: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2017
I hereby welcome the constitutional experts and law luminaries from the WEST

Pls come and teach us wisdom & law

But I wonder why Nigeria prosecuting "counsels" lack wisdom & expertise in law even when professionals from WEST are wasting away on niraland. Hmmm

Hope I'm not wondering over this mystery alone?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by PureMe01: 1:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
hehehe..lwkmd!!!.Biafrians always smarter than AFONJAs and their masters,ABOKIs.
we got out him out of there,agreed to keep up with the crazy bail conditions unknowingly to d dullards and their masters to take them unawares.dis is just d beginning..all those useless bail conditions will be flouted and NOTHING,I repeat NOTHING will happen.anyways dats wat u expect wen the brain is filled up with hydraulic oil,no thinking properly before execution.
AFONJA and aboki relationship be like the blind loyal slave and the blind dull master.nobody for d two dey see road,confusing themselves upandan...just look as dem two Don dey confuse demself for power already.
Biafra agitation has gathered greater momentum already now Nnamdi KANU is Home in Biafra.
Reality is gonna dawn on them in no time.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by Khd95(m): 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
PureMe01:
hehehe..lwkmd!!!.Biafrians always smarter than AFONJAs and their masters,ABOKIs.
we got out him out of there,agreed to keep up with the crazy bail conditions unknowingly to d dullards and their masters to take them unawares.dis is just d beginning..all those useless bail conditions will be flouted and NOTHING,I repeat NOTHING will happen.anyways dats wat u expect wen the brain is filled up with hydraulic oil,no thinking properly before execution.
AFONJA and aboki relationship be like the blind loyal slave and the blind dull master.nobody for d two dey see road,confusing themselves upandan...just look as dem two Don dey confuse demself for power already.
Biafra agitation has gathered greater momentum already now Nnamdi KANU is Home in Biafra.
typical of empty chest beatersgrin

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by Guestlander: 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
PureMe01:

So much for being smart! He is still on trial, he is just out on bail. In fact, he is one foot in prison, one foot outside. With breaking his bail conditions he is closer to going back in jail today than when he was released.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by cjrane: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
Fulani believes putting Nnamdi kanu in jail will magically make Biafra go away. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The same way we told Buhari it is silly to arrest someone who the courts have acquitted hoping to stop an agitation.
Nnamdi Kanu knows he is more important to the struggle in jail than anywhere else. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by PureMe01: 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2017
Khd95:
typical of empty chest beatersgrin

atleast we beat our chests on wat we can do for ourselves but ur aboki masters beat their chests on how they have forever captured Ur brain.
u shouldn't be found here by now..ur masters will need u to do something for them,please leave.
Ewedu,brown roof mongers.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by PureMe01: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2017
Guestlander:

So much for being smart! He is still on trial, he is just out on bail. In fact, he is one foot in prison, one foot outside. With breaking his bail conditions he is closer to going back in jail today than when he was released.
I think u should as well tell ur Buhari to land in jail or stop Nnamdi KANU from enjoying his fundamental human rights..
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Haven't Floated Any Bail Condition - Says His Lawyer by Kbanka: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Do jews go to church?
EasternWind:
NNAMDI KANU HAVEN'T FLOATED ANY BAIL CONDITION - Barr Ejiofor
Nnamdi Kanu has explained why he went against some bail conditions.
He made this known through his lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor who said it was not for the prosecution(FG) to determine whether or not his client had violated the bail conditions.
Ejiofor said it was the exclusive responsibility of the court to decide whether or not the bail conditions had been violated. He, however, added that some of the conditions the defendant was being touted to have violated were unconstitutional.
He promised to file an application to set aside the “unconstitutional” bail conditions.
Ejiofor said, “It doesn’t lie in their power to determine whether he has breached the bail conditions or not.
“The court gave the bail on supplementary and other main terms. The court knows the terms on which it granted the bail.
“I have been able to clarify this issue – the fact that the court said he cannot be found in the crowd of more than 10 persons does not mean he cannot go to church; it does not mean he cannot entertain visitors in his house.
“It is on that note that we are going to file an application to vacate those terms.
“I can tell you that the court is fully aware that he would attend church and he would receive family members.
“These are his rights under the fundamental human rights in Chapter 4 of the Constitution.”
Reacting to allegations of his client granting press interviews in breach of his bail conditions, Ejiofor said, “Freedom of expression is part of the rights he (Kanu) is entitled to under the Constitution.
“We are filing an application before the court to set aside the terms that are clearly in violation of the Constitution.”
Nwachukwu Victor Samuel Reporting

(1) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Bares His Mind On Hausa, Igbo And Yoruba… The Problem Of Nigeria / Kogi Voters File Suit To Stop Melaye’s Recall Process / Why Are Our Media House Not Reporting The 2 Bomb Blast In Maiduguri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.