Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Where Is Noetic? ? ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Noetic? ? ? (1459 Views)

Famous Quotes From The Great Noetic & Davidylan (phd.) / The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Noetic? ? ? by DeepSight(m): 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2010
I miss him!
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by MyJoe: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2010
Been wondering, too!
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by manmustwac(m): 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
I remember he got banned again. Then disappeared shortly after.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Tonyet1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2010
Mr.Moderator,

The rate at which peeps are banned here could really be disturbing angry angry angry. Imagine banning someone for over 2times for offences others at other sections commit at-will, how else do you think such a one'll want to continue in fellowship. undecided undecided undecided

@ Deep sight,

I feel you too!
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by toneyb: 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2010
I miss him too, Noetic is a very interesting guy any time.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2010
Tonye-t:

Mr.Moderator,

The rate at which peeps are banned here could really be disturbing angry angry angry. Imagine banning someone for over 2times for offences others at other sections commit at-will, how else do you think such a one'll want to continue in fellowship. undecided undecided undecided

@ Deep sight,

I feel you too!

Its true. Pple that deserves banishment are actually left untouched. Its really unfair
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
i missed him too
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Mavenb0x(m): 5:35am On Jan 20, 2010
cry cry I also miss Noetic!
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by mazaje(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2010
Where is my man? I miss him. . . .
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by VALIDATOR: 2:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
Noetic pls come back.We miss you.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by KunleOshob(m): 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2010
I hope the Jihadist haven't gotten him lipsrsealed
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by mazaje(m): 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2010
KunleOshob:

I hope the Jihadist haven't gotten him lipsrsealed

Them no fit. . . . . where is Abuzo la-la? The e-Jihadist?
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by DeepSight(m): 2:40pm On Jan 20, 2010
I hope he was not frustrated by the moderator. . . there was a time he was banned about 15 times within 2 days, forcing Noetic2 TO CHANGE UP TO nOETIC15!

Noetic where art thou? There are burning issues raised by your christian brethren which i would love to have your erudite perspective on.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by ilosiwaju: 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2010
Seriously ooo, hope abuzola never abduct am.
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp! grin grin grin
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
no wonder i've had no zeal to post here for a while. cry

Noetic is truly missed.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by DeepSight(m): 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2010
David, i would like your views on Mavenbox's postulations that paradise is in hades here -

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382353.32.html
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Mavenb0x(m): 3:09am On Jan 21, 2010
Deep Sight! Deeeeep Sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wetin be this wan?

Did I say Paradise is IN hades, or did I say that prior to Christ's ressurection, paradise was in Hades? undecided

No put words for my mouth, na beg I dey beg you. angry
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Tudor6(f): 5:48am On Jan 21, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Did I say Paradise is IN hades, or did I say that prior to Christ's ressurection, paradise was in Hades?
  undecided

No put words for my mouth, na beg I dey beg you.  angry
Either way you still sound craaaaaaazzzy. . . .no offense.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Tonyet1(m): 10:29am On Jan 21, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Did I say Paradise is IN hades, or did I say that prior to Christ's ressurection, paradise was in Hades? undecided

Omoge Maven cool cool
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by KunleOshob(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Maven i am suprised that despite all your knowledge and exposure you could make this kind of statement. The problem is that most christians are just tooo closed minded when they read the bible and when something doesn't seem right they try and force other meanings into it. The issue of paradise being in hades is just a case of simple mis-interpretation of the bible. Hades is wrongly translated to mean hell were as in the ancient texts it was written in, it meant "land of the dead" or "grave" so when the bible says Jesus was in "hades" it has nothing to do with paradise or hell, it simply meant he was in a grave. I am also aware that this wrong translation as been the cos of several wrong teachings and doctrines especially amongst IKT preachers like A$$himolowo and crook Oyakhilome. A simple use of a bible concordance and they would have avoided this error. Yet the twarts claim that the "holy spirit" talks to them, i wonder why the holy spirit didn't tell them t stop preaching heresies based on wrong translations of the bible.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by muhsin(m): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2010
The guy is "wonderful". We really miss him.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Mavenb0x(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2010
Quote by KunleOshob:

Maven i am suprised that despite all your knowledge and exposure you could make this kind of statement. The problem is that most christians are just tooo closed minded when they read the bible and when something doesn't seem right they try and force other meanings into it. The issue of paradise being in hades is just a case of simple mis-interpretation of the bible. Hades is wrongly translated to mean hell were as in the ancient texts it was written in, it meant "land of the dead" or "grave" so when the bible says Jesus was in "hades" it has nothing to do with paradise or hell, it simply meant he was in a grave. I am also aware that this wrong translation as been the cos of several wrong teachings and doctrines especially amongst IKT preachers like A$$himolowo and crook Oyakhilome. A simple use of a bible concordance and they would have avoided this error. Yet the twarts claim that the "holy spirit" talks to them, i wonder why the holy spirit didn't tell them t stop preaching heresies based on wrong translations of the bible.

@KunleOshob: Sincerely, I must say that it is YOU that surprises me. In my experience, lawyers have been known to make attempts to quote people out of context, and the onus would lie on the observer to consider the initial conversation from which the particular quote was referenced! I am entirely amazed to see you jumping to conclusions when you know a LAWYER is involved and I'm not the lawyer.

The thread is also my current signature, so you can see how the discussion started from the matters of salvation.

[size=13pt]So, tell me sir, DID YOU READ THE DISCUSSION?[/size] Of course you didn't because if you did you would see that

[b]1. I already said there that Hades was a weak translation for the grave, as the ancient Hebrew words insinuated that if you keep climbing upwards and out of the atmosphere, you will proceed into the "heavens" and if you dig deep subterraneously, you will enter Hades. I made it very clear on that thread that there are physical and spiritual aspects of places like Hades, where a spiritual entity causes a physical experience called death and/or the grave. I made it clear that "spiritual locations" are not places that can be described by compass bearings.

2. My point, which has been graciously distorted in Deep Sight's post above, had to do with the story of Lazarus viz a viz how Jesus said that "Today you would be with me in Paradise" to the thief on the cross.

3. The conversation had to do with the person of Christ, who said that no one else had entered into Heaven (the presence of the Father) except him who came down from there, while Deep Sight was arguing that the ancient prophets before Christ were in heaven (rendering Christ's coming as of no effect), and going on to discuss Elijah and co.[/b]

Caveat Emptor: You should KNOW that I don't talk to people on Nairaland the same way. Yourself, Viaro, Deep Sight, Ogaga4luv, The_Seeker, Mazaje, Image123, JeSoul, Olaadegbu ALL hold various worldviews and the way I discuss the matters with each person is different. If I were discussing with YOU, for instance, I believe you understand the sacrifice of Christ (or maybe I am assuming wrong there too?) so I won't bother explaining how Christ had to lead captivity captive when he swallowed up death (a.k.a Hades) and proceeded to heaven.

It would do you a lot of good to read the initial discussion thread in its entirety if you have the time, and post your views there IN LIGHT OF WHAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED THERE rather than jumping to a billion fragmented conclusions on another thread.

P.S> By the way, if you have a problem with Oyakhilome or Ashimolowo, I suggest you take it up with them. Screaming their names at every instance - the way you do - will solve nothing. I don't attend either church (or any other you may probably have in mind) by the way, in case you are wondering. I just don't believe in talking about people in a negative way behind their backs. Where's your courage, sir?  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by KunleOshob(m): 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Quote by KunleOshob:
@KunleOshob: Sincerely, I must say that it is YOU that surprises me. In my experience, lawyers have been known to make attempts to quote people out of context, and the onus would lie on the observer to consider the initial conversation from which the particular quote was referenced! I am entirely amazed to see you jumping to conclusions when you know a LAWYER is involved and I'm not the lawyer.

The thread is also my current signature, so you can see how the discussion started from the matters of salvation.

[size=13pt]So, tell me sir, DID YOU READ THE DISCUSSION?[/size] Of course you didn't because if you did you would see that

[b]1. I already said there that Hades was a weak translation for the grave, as the ancient Hebrew words insinuated that if you keep climbing upwards and out of the atmosphere, you will proceed into the "heavens" and if you dig deep subterraneously, you will enter Hades. I made it very clear on that thread that there are physical and spiritual aspects of places like Hades, where a spiritual entity causes a physical experience called death and/or the grave. I made it clear that "spiritual locations" are not places that can be described by compass bearings.

2. My point, which has been graciously distorted in Deep Sight's post above, had to do with the story of Lazarus viz a viz how Jesus said that "Today you would be with me in Paradise" to the thief on the cross.

3. The conversation had to do with the person of Christ, who said that no one else had entered into Heaven (the presence of the Father) except him who came down from there, while Deep Sight was arguing that the ancient prophets before Christ were in heaven (rendering Christ's coming as of no effect), and going on to discuss Elijah and co.[/b]

Caveat Emptor: You should KNOW that I don't talk to people on Nairaland the same way. Yourself, Viaro, Deep Sight, Ogaga4luv, The_Seeker, Mazaje, Image123, JeSoul, Olaadegbu ALL hold various worldviews and the way I discuss the matters with each person is different. If I were discussing with YOU, for instance, I believe you understand the sacrifice of Christ (or maybe I am assuming wrong there too?) so I won't bother explaining how Christ had to lead captivity captive when he swallowed up death (a.k.a Hades) and proceeded to heaven.

It would do you a lot of good to read the initial discussion thread in its entirety if you have the time, and post your views there IN LIGHT OF WHAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED THERE rather than jumping to a billion fragmented conclusions on another thread.

P.S> By the way, if you have a problem with Oyakhilome or Ashimolowo, I suggest you take it up with them. Screaming their names at every instance - the way you do - will solve nothing. I don't attend either church (or any other you may probably have in mind) by the way, in case you are wondering. I just don't believe in talking about people in a negative way behind their backs. Where's your courage, sir?  undecided undecided undecided

embarassed  embarassed  embarassed i am sorry aunty, i didn't read the previuos thread i guess i was just jumping the gun. It really ticks me off when i hear people preach that "jesus went to hell to defeat the devil" which is based on wrong bible translations. Reference to a$$himolowo and oyakhilome was becos they are fond of preaching the heresy which is another glaring evidence that they are false teachers as no true teacher of the word can ever make such a glaring mistake.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by Mavenb0x(m): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2010
^^^ Haba!? Me, Aunty? I'm a very young person o!! I apologize for flaring up, I really dislike being misrepresented. God bless you.
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by noetic16(m): 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
thanks for the wishes . . . how have u all been?
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by JeSoul(f): 12:38am On Mar 04, 2010
Is this really Noetic or a ghost? smiley

Dude you have been missed. DeepSight in particular has had a deep hole in his heart since you've been gone lol. Welcome back. How was the sabbatical?
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by DeepSight(m): 7:11am On Mar 04, 2010
[size=24pt]Hoooooooooorrrrraaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! ! ! ! ! ![/size]
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by noetic16(m): 10:35am On Mar 04, 2010
JeSoul:

Is this really Noetic or a ghost? smiley

Dude you have been missed. DeepSight in particular has had a deep hole in his heart since you've been gone lol. Welcome back. How was the sabbatical?

lol . . . sabbatical was fun. grin and this is noetic for real.

Deep Sight:

[size=24pt]Hoooooooooorrrrraaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! ! ! ! ! ![/size]

thanks deepsight cheesy. . .
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by KunleOshob(m): 10:51am On Mar 04, 2010
Welcome back noetic!
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by mazaje(m): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2010
Nice to have you back noetic, You were truly missed. . . . . . .
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by ilosiwaju: 1:37pm On Mar 04, 2010
Kaaa o noetiiiki. How have u been?
Re: Where Is Noetic? ? ? by banom(m): 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2010
[s]I met Noetic and Uplawal in East London joyously in love[/s] ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Word Of Faith Man Defrauds Elizade Motors In Jesus Name / Comedian Akpororo Leading Praise And Worship / Why Do Christians Backslide?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.