Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees (33193 Views)

NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde / Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools / Lagos State Suspends NURTW Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by EdificationBoss: 3:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Lagos State government on Monday announced the indefinite suspension of all union activities in seven branches of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in Oshodi area of the state.

The government took the decision after crisis broke out in Oshodi following the murder of a prominent member of NURTW in the area, Alhaji Rasaq Balogun, also known as Hamburger.

The state Acting Commissioner of Transportation, Prince Anofiu Elegushi, who gave the directive at a press briefing held at the Bagauda Kaltho Press Centre in Alausa, Ikeja, said there would be no collection of tickets/fees from commercial buses while the suspension lasts.

He said the state government officials and security personnel have asked to monitor transport operations within the seven branches to ensure compliance with the directive.

The commissioner said the suspension would remain in force until peace returns to the area.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/06/ambode-suspends-nurtw-activities-in.html

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Afonjashapmouth: 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
make dem cancel all this nonsense agbero job, let every man face the reality of making clean and lit money in lagos. Not standing on the road exploiting hard working drivers. they are just thieves in disguise to me

166 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by maclatunji: 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Good one, although Governor Ambode could be replacing NURTW with Police fee collectors if care is not taken.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Day11(m): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
Great opportunity for Naija Police.

Kudos to My Guy Ambo, I'll call u later angry

31 Likes

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by benedictnsi(m): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
none of my business here sha..... Buh I guess it's a good news to hustlers

1 Like

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by EasternWind: 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Good move
Those OWO MI DA people are so annoying

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by beycity(m): 3:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
Why only in Oshodi Those guys are nothing but criminals.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by NwaAmaikpe: 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
angry

How will Lagosians survive with this?

Every true Lagosian has a family member who is a tout...

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Fabulosdave01: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
This guy Is the only governor in Nigeria that has sense.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by ShaqFu: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Pretty soon, there'll be no more agbero in Lagos. It's all a matter of time.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by mmsen: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
They need to be banned from the state outright.

A unionized agbero is still an agbero.

11 Likes

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by davodyguy: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
great news.

Transport fare should go down
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Best Governor 2016-2020.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by atirolu(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Best news for the month of June.....
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by sonnie10: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Robbery and shop breaking will increase in Oshodi.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by davodyguy: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017

9 Likes

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Teewhy2: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
nice move, i hope this is not media talk when it is time for elections it is the same politicians that will still fund all this Union Leaders to use them for elections. after the elections the arms and ammunition given to them during the election will not be able to be retrieved and that is what this people will be using to threatening innocent citizens.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Ambodde wan kill afonjas with hunger aaaaah ambo! ambo! ambooo! You will never go unpunished

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Andrewkinggg: 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
This action should be extended across the city of Lagos... these miscreants should be taken out of the street.... It's scary what these guys have turned the streets to...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
It is very much necessary.
Eko Oni Baje.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by davodyguy: 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
sonnie10:
Robbery and shop breaking will increase in Oshodi.

Are you for real?

They banned Okada in 2012, how did that affect anything?

Let them rob, they shall be caught and sentenced to death by this female judge

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by theophorus(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
... My take on this;

1. Anyone can loose His/her job anytime (invest when you have one because the Management of Nurtw just lost their)

2. Change is Constant and this is the 'beginning' of a New era. (position yourself for the opportunities this will bring)

3. When supporting anyone do so in good faith because you don't know what will be the effect of the Person's action on your well being. (Nurtw and APC)

4. Oppression will not be forever...

...Hope Ambode Think well before He dey act.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by edo3(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
?
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by positivelord: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
make dem cancel all this nonsense agbero job, let every man face the reality of making clean and lit money in lagos. Not standing on the road exploiting hard working drivers. they are just thieves in disguise to me

Hmmm

I dont know what to say...Amaechi tried it one time in Port Harcourt...the rate of hand-set snatching just went up by over 500%..the following week the illegal fee was restored...and crime came down ...
the truth is these agboros are just criminals ...

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by constance500: 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
I'm coming
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by PearlStreet(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry

How will Lagosians survive with this?

Every true Lagosian has a family member who is a tout...

And every member of your family is a criminal awaiting execution in Indonesia

BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
Ambodde wan kill afonjas with hunger aaaaah ambo! ambo! ambooo! You will never go unpunished

Lol. Keep shouting Afonjas when Papa Davido alone is worth more than all your miserable villages put together.

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
Wawuuu
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by BigBrother9ja: 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2017
hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by ODAROOMS(m): 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
Sooner they will finally lift the ban, &
Those Agberos will now feels big as "afterall we certified "
Is this what Lagos has turned to?
I indeed I weep for this Nation

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by sonnie10: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
davodyguy:

Are you for real?

They banned Okada in 2012, how did that affect anything?

Let them rob, they shall be caught and killed
Unfortunately ,they control the whole of Oshodi.
Re: Ambode Suspends NURTW Activities In Oshodi, Bans Collection Of Fees by davodyguy: 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
sonnie10:

Unfortunately ,they control the whole of Oshodi.
Doesn't matter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Year Old Fuel Queues In Abuja Disappearing - Deji Adeyanju Praise Tinubu / Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment / Uche Sampson Ogah Arrives Sam Mbakwe Airport In Owerri enroute to Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.