Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:03 PM

Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? (17081 Views)

Help. My Nigerian Boyfriend's Mother Hates Me Because I'm Not Nigerian? / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / Man Whose Wife Ran Away After 2 Weeks Wants Repayment (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by SirL0neWolf(m): 9:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
If you rearrange the words 'mother in law'
You get "woman Hitler"
Its no coincidence
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Idydarling(f): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
I wish I can say something to this... I'm ashamed

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by dammysel(f): 9:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hadez:
I just saw the movie wedding party and I put myself in the bride's shoes. Will I go ahead and marry a man whose mother hates me?

A disappointing of women are suffering in marriage just because of the maltreatment they get from their mother in laws and her influence over the marriage. This is a question to all women out there. Can you go ahead and marry a man whose mother hates you?

Ha! As much as I don't love my breakup with my ex because of our flaws...I'm also happy that I didn't become a daughter in law to his mum, she no like me at alllllllllllll....God was probably looking out for me!

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by toseen7: 10:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
OchoL:
No matter how good or bad your MIL is, be assured that she won't live forever. Focus on your own home.
Huh, Eleyi gidigan o shocked
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by lepasharon(f): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yes, to rub it in her face.
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Zirah: 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
I can't. I won't. I respect myself a lot. As a matter of fact, I automatically shut off anyone who dislikes me. That's my modus operandi. I'm not a people pleaser.

But...

But I know future mother inlaw will adore me. I'm drawing inferences from experience with my ex's mum and best friend's mum. These two women love me beyond every reason.
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Greenbullet(m): 10:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
My mama enhh b4 she go like girl na to kill lion give her the heart ooo

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by sello555: 10:20pm On Jun 05, 2017
Stressful!
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Aubrey1(m): 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
I won't marry you!

Reasons:
1. The family won't be at peace, because your mom disagreed since from day one.

2. Your family won't have a close relationship with your parent.

3.The woman may bow to pressure from your family.

4. Elders do say that what goes up will surely come down - if you decide to travel out of the country with your GF?
you'll surely come back to seek their blessings and they will still reject her!

5. Just like Nigeria - Biafra matter right now, the bond won't last no matter the years involved.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by seunakin231(m): 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
Nope, there is no way u gonna enjoy the marriage, Same goes for the ladie too, those blessings on the wedding day are essential, it's good if it's said with a plane heart and sincere mind....
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by ojun50(m): 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
[quote author=Hadez post=57228152]

What love? You r not a woman so you cnt understand [/quote
i do, most guys still face dis same issues too
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Padiga: 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
lepasharon:
Yes, to rub it in her face.
You would go through a process of marriage, just to rub something on someone's face.

Who looses in the end?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by darlingnuel(m): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2017
TheeDetective:
Only if some women know what they are getting themselves into when their MIL doesn’t like them; probably if they did, many of them would have ended the relationship. Love is not enough as blood is thicker than water and some men after a while due to the pressure from his family may knowingly or un-knowingly withdraw support for his wife. This scenario sometimes doesn't stop even after children are produced in the union; sad as it is, that’s just the reality. Make the woman think if she fit take the heat o; if not, make she run before she enter marriage o.
Good analysis
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by ModusOperandi(f): 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2017
OchoL:
No matter how good or bad your MIL is, be assured that she won't live forever. Focus on your own home.
So we're just gonna wait until she dies. sounds like a foolproof plan

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by heenriiy19(m): 11:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
If i were a girl Hell NO
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by gondon(m): 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2017
Before we talk here, Is it hate or dislike?
If na dislike, I will make my mum see reasons; and if she fail to, I MUST AND WILL GO AHEAD TO MARRY WHO I WANT.
If it happens to be hatred, I wouldn't even plead with my mother; I will just go ahead and marry my girl.

Why must she hate a being, not only that but d girl I wanna marry.

When she was marrying hers, did her own parents or mother in law give her problem?.

Please let's wise up and know it that we too are future father and mother in laws...

I am a victim of circumstance, where my dad and mum dislike my woman Bcoz she is from EDO:BENIN:ESAN:EWOHIMI, while I am from IMO:OWERRI. But d truth is dat I pleaded with them for gooooooood 2years; yet no way. But the truth is dat I have forgotten my parents are alive and moved on with my Sweet heart; yet my girl keeps begging me to call and say hi to them.
In essence we need to wake up and face reality.

I don't have time for my papa say or my mama say.

I represent OWERRI married to ESAN WOMAN.

Benin people Abeg like my post if its good.

9 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by gondon(m): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
If my mother or father wants me to leave d love of my life Bcoz of his/her selfish interest, then person should he ready to die of BP. Because I Will never trade my happiness for my parents.....

If they can trade theirs for me, then he/she should use herself for ritual, for we her children to enjoy.......

Truth is bitter

5 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Slurity(m): 11:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
CAPITAL NO
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by tylesh(f): 12:06am On Jun 06, 2017
I don't think I can
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Lewaluv(f): 12:08am On Jun 06, 2017
Nope I never would marry into family like that!

Hadez:
I just saw the movie wedding party and I put myself in the bride's shoes. Will I go ahead and marry a man whose mother hates me?

A disappointing of women are suffering in marriage just because of the maltreatment they get from their mother in laws and her influence over the marriage. This is a question to all women out there. Can you go ahead and marry a man whose mother hates you?
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 06, 2017
gondon:
Before we talk here, Is it hate or dislike?
If na dislike, I will make my mum see reasons; and if she fail to, I MUST AND WILL GO AHEAD TO MARRY WHO I WANT.
If it happens to be hatred, I wouldn't even plead with my mother; I will just go ahead and marry my girl.

Why must she hate a being, not only that but d girl I wanna marry.

When she was marrying hers, did her own parents or mother in law give her problem?.

Please let's wise up and know it that we too are future father and mother in laws...

I am a victim of circumstance, where my dad and mum dislike my woman Bcoz she is from EDO:BENIN:ESAN:EWOHIMI, while I am from IMO:OWERRI. But d truth is dat I pleaded with them for gooooooood 2years; yet no way. But the truth is dat I have forgotten my parents are alive and moved on with my Sweet heart; yet my girl keeps begging me to call and say hi to them.
In essence we need to wake up and face reality.

I don't have time for my papa say or my mama say.

I represent OWERRI married to ESAN WOMAN.

Benin people Abeg like my post if its good.

Ichie may you live long. You are a truly wise man and may you impart wisdom and knowledge to your children through Christ who strengthens you. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 06, 2017
I don't think I would want to.
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by TinaAnita(f): 12:47am On Jun 06, 2017
Hell No. She is going to be my second mother so if she disapproves of my relationship with her beloved son who am I to object to it? But I'd try everything humanly possible to change her wrong perception about me by extending the sheer love I have for her son to her. And of course I'd seek God's face because trust me God knows best. God could use anyone to prevent someone from making a terrible mistake.. Parental consent cannot be overemphasised, after God's approval comes parental approval..Both are exremely important. If I have any issue with hubby I should be able to confide in her and seek her advice based on mother and daughter relationship.. Dear future second mother I wish you well wherever you are and I hope we meet someday and love each other automatically. *smiles*

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by lepasharon(f): 1:02am On Jun 06, 2017
Padiga:
You would go through a process of marriage, just to rub something on someone's face.

Who looses in the end?

hmm..It's just to show that I don't care what she thinks because im not marrying her. So she has to suck it up
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by ugofr(f): 1:35am On Jun 06, 2017
TinaAnita:
Hell No. She is going to be my second mother so if she disapproves of my relationship with her beloved son who am I to object to it? But I'd try everything humanly possible to change her wrong perception about me by extending the sheer love I have for her son to her. And of course I'd seek God's face because trust me God knows best. God could use anyone to prevent someone from making a terrible mistake.. Parental consent cannot be overemphasised, after God's approval comes parental approval..Both are exremely important. If I have any issue with hubby I should be able to confide in her and seek her advice based on mother and daughter relationship.. Dear future second mother I wish you well wherever you are and I hope we meet someday and love each other automatically. *smiles*
do not ever make the mistake of discussing ur home affairs with anybody, you will be surprised by future actions though some will be unintentional but trust me, you might be ashamed.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Padiga: 1:36am On Jun 06, 2017
lepasharon:

hmm..It's just to show that I don't care what she thinks because im not marrying her. So she has to suck it up
In the end, if she has a stronghold over her son, you will be the one to suffer it.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Ewuro4: 2:02am On Jun 06, 2017
Padiga:
In the end, if she has a stronghold over her son, you will be the one to suffer it.

No one will suffer anything. They will both stay in their lanes and answer their individual husband names. Only a school cert holder will allow any form of bullying from any woman in this day and age where women run the show!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Padiga: 2:06am On Jun 06, 2017
Ewuro4:

No one will suffer anything. They will both stay in their lanes and answer their individual husband names. Only a school cert holder will allow any form of bullying from any woman in this day and age where women run the show!
You underestimate the power some women have over their sons and their ability to make life a living hell for a hated daughter in law.

This has nothing to do with school cert.

Women are wicked, not to talk of women with grudge.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Ewuro4: 2:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Padiga:
You underestimate the power some women have over their sons and their ability to make life a living hell for a hated daughter in law.

This has nothing to do with school cert.

Women are wicked, not to talk of women with grudge.

You mean in the village and those diabolical mils?

Aside those two ^ categories please leave matter for Mathias, this is not a theory but from real live experiences abi you forget those wives are women too? Most of these old women knew what's good for them now, they'd rather play nice than be shut out of their sons and grandkids lives altogether.

Mean mils will be extinct before 2020, watch out. They're borrowing themselves brain now.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Padiga: 2:20am On Jun 06, 2017
Ewuro4:

You mean in the village and those diabolical mils?

Aside those two ^ categories please leave matter for Mathias, this is not a theory but from real live experiences abi you forget those wives are women too? Most of these old women knew what's good for them now, they'd rather play nice than be shut out of their sons and grandkids lives altogether.

Mean mils will be extinct before 2020, watch out. They're borrowing themselves brain now.
I understand you.

Just realize that hate is a human emotion that cannot be fazed out by time.

So if you are waiting for 2020 to see the end of mean mother in laws, you are wasting your time.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by lepasharon(f): 2:21am On Jun 06, 2017
Padiga:

Then again, I wouldnt marry a mummy's boy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Mother's Day / One-year-old Survives Seven Days Alone With Dead Grandmother / Parents Learn Of Daughter’s Death On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.