Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

7 Awesome Conversation Starters That Don’t Suck - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Awesome Conversation Starters That Don’t Suck (1426 Views)

I Will Savor, Eat, Suck, Kiss, Relish And Fùck This Cute Guy (pics) / Hilarious Conversation Between A Man & His Ex-Girlfriend Who Cheated On Him / This Side Chick Is Not Scared, See Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Awesome Conversation Starters That Don’t Suck by Ajmuluq(m): 1:50am On Jun 06, 2017
I want to show you how to actually start a conversation and show you the best opening topics. The goal of any great conversation is to find common ground. So you just start fishing for it, basically.

1. “DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE RESTROOM/BAR/FOOD IS?”

You just need a way into a conversation, so this is the easiest opening. From there, you can talk about how hard “X” was to find.

2. “SO WHERE ARE YOU FROM?”

This applies to someone if they don’t seem like they’re from around here, but if you’re not sure, then you can default to “Hey! Are you from around here?” Whatever they’re answer may be, you now can talk about where they’re from or the city you both live in.

3. “THAT LOOKS GOOD. WHAT IS THAT? WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?”

If they’re eating or drinking something – this a great way to start talking with someone.

4. “I REALLY LIKE X (SOMETHING THEY’RE WEARING). WHO MAKES IT OR WHERE DID YOU GET IT?”

Similar to #5. Everyone loves being complimented. It makes them instantly let their guard down and then you can follow up with one of the next few conversation starters.

5. “WHAT WAS THE BEST PART OF YOUR DAY TODAY?”

In any kind of setting, this is an opening that will get you remembered. It can catch someone off guard at first, but then they’ll think about what an interesting and pleasant question that was.

6. “WHAT BROUGHT YOU HERE TODAY/TONIGHT/ETC?”

If you’re at a bar or an event that’s not hosted by someone specifically, then this is a great question to find common ground.

7. “SO HOW DO YOU KNOW THE HOST?”

This is my go-to conversation opener. If you’re at an event or party, you can always use the host as an excuse to learn about the people there.

YOU CAN ADD YOUR OWN

http://www.asukumagazine.com/seven-awesome-conversation-starters-dont-suck/
Re: 7 Awesome Conversation Starters That Don’t Suck by pocohantas(f): 2:17am On Jun 06, 2017
Me: Did you watch the Champions League final...Real Madrid-Juventus?

Him: Sure!!!

Me: So, who is it for you this season...Messi or C.Ronaldo?

Him: CR7!!! *starts listing his records* tongue

Me: Yea...you can say that again. I almost thought Buffon would cry cry...and that was how Ramos won an Oscar for Best Actor.

*more talk, laughter and we exchange numbers*

3 Likes

Re: 7 Awesome Conversation Starters That Don’t Suck by Davedgr8(m): 3:28am On Jun 06, 2017
pocohantas:
Me: Did you watch the Champions League final...Real Madrid-Juventus?

Him: Sure!!!

Me: So, who is it for you this season...Messi or C.Ronaldo?

Him: CR7!!! *starts listing his records* tongue

Me: Yea...you can say that again. I almost thought Buffon would cry cry
badt gurl..
Re: 7 Awesome Conversation Starters That Don’t Suck by NarnieSnyper(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2017
Screw all these BS.

I told a girl sitting next to me that she's got nice penmanship.......guess what..?

The biatch totally ignored me. No smile, no 'thank u' reply, no nothing.
I just jejely took my phone outta my pocket and stared playing Naija Whot in order to make it less embarassing. This is why I hate girls that are very pretty.

Another guy can just sit next to her, make few calls about spending money and she begins to think of a way to get his attention.

What ever works for u, use it!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Caught Doing This With Penis Shaped Cucumber (video) / Check Out This Viral Photo Of Topless Plus-size Ladies / Please I Advice Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.