Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,753 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration (917 Views)

The True Cause Of Reported Jos Crisis / IBB I Would Put On My Uniform If This Country Heads Towards Disintegration? / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by asha80(m): 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Jos crisis : Constant killings could lead to disintegration
National News Jan 19, 2010 By Taye Obateru

Jos — President-General of the Yoruba Community in Plateau State, Chief Toye Ogunshuyi, has warned that the constant killing of Nigerians from other parts of the country in the Northern part could lead to Nigeria’s disintegration.

He stated this shortly after paying a visit to the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Greg Anyating, disclosing that no fewer that 10 Yoruba people have been reported killed in the latest violence.

He said situations like this could lead to reprisal in other parts of the country which could threaten the country’s unity, adding: “My people are dying; they are burning their houses. We just woke up and found ourselves in this mess. Some of us have to take refuge in the church.

“We want to know if this is Nigeria. If as Nigerians we cannot come here to live peacefully, then we will now tell our people in the South to fight back. We are not going to allow this to go the way it went the last time and some of us are still left homeless.

“The Oba Yoruba (of Jos) is waiting for me now for us to go and assess the situation and once it is beyond our control, we will phone Lagos, Ibadan and other states,” he told journalists.

Ogunshuyi recalled that the Yoruba down-played the killing during the 2008 crisis of three youth corps members who were all of Yoruba extraction to avoid reprisal, adding: “Enough is enough. If Nigeria must be one, then they must demonstrate it now or else we shall hit back.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/19/jos-crisis-constant-killings-could-lead-to-disintegration/
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by ezeagu(m): 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2010
Why does everyone keep shaking their fists and threatening to leave, if you want to go, go! (funny that its groups that fought against secession in the 60's, or maybe 'funny' is not the right word. . . . . .
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by sjeezy8: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2010
Yea its not funny actually but One Nigeria is fine with me, I dont plan on leaving lagos anytiime soon (maybe some other states)

Its best everyone go back home to their state of origin. No one forced people to return or move up north, its common sense, the day hausas and fulanis try this trash in the south it will be a different story.
I Dont really have any sympathy towards people who choose to live in the north.

I dont live in the hood because i dont want toget shot, so why are people moving/remaining in a place where they know they dont have peace of mind?
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by chosen04(f): 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2010
sjeezy8:

Yea its not funny actually but One Nigeria is fine with me, I dont plan on leaving lagos not even to Ogun state so iunno care.

Its best everyone go back home to their state of origin. No one forced people to return or move up north, its common sense, the day hausas and fulanis try this trash in the south it will be a different story.
I Dont really have any sympathy towards people who choose to live in the north.

I[b] dont live in the hood because i dont want toget shot[/b], so why are people moving/remaining in a place where they know they dont have peace of mind.

So you are afraid of being shot in the nigeria you love so much?
But, do you sympathise with the youth corpers posted to the north?
and civil servants?
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Sunofgod(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2010
History is repeating itself, WAR IS INEVITABLE!

Whoever is not prepared for this eventuality is likely to pay with their lives.

One Nigeria has failed, Its time for us to wake up and smell the coffee.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by sjeezy8: 8:47pm On Jan 19, 2010
chosen04:

So you are afraid of being shot in the nigeria you love so much?
But, do you sympathise with the youth corpers posted to the north?
and civil servants?

youth corpers and civil servants in the north - maybe
I dont love Nigeria, I love Lagos
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Goldmind1(m): 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2010
Is Nigeria not already a failed stste?
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by metalgong5(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
Yoruba loud mouths . . .
Cowards are not suppose to be talking . . lipsrsealed
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by edoyad(m): 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2010
Metal-gong can you prove to us you're not a hausa person trying to act like He's ibo ?
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by buffead(f): 9:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
edoyad:

Metal-gong can you prove to us you're not a hausa person trying to act like He's ibo ?

no mind am , useless thing , awon iya o ba ti fi shey ikan osu danu , nonsense ! ppl like dis one are da ones we need to get rid of , angry angry
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by metalgong5(m): 9:21pm On Jan 19, 2010
buffead:

no mind am , useless thing , awon iya o ba ti fi shey ikan osu danu , nonsense ! ppl like dis one are da ones we need to get rid of , angry angry

With their imbecilic rantings we shall know them.Oduduwa coward!!

You Hausa and Yoruba terrorists deserve a camp in Guantanamo .
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by buffead(f): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
sharappp ur entire family IDIOT !!
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by metalgong5(m): 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2010
buffead:

sharappp your entire family IDIOT !!

Oduduwa chimpanze, you really need an English tutor . .
I will cease to engage an illiterate like you.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by buffead(f): 10:12pm On Jan 19, 2010
ISI EWU , OLOSHI OLORIBURUKU , ILE AYE E KO NI DA , ur born generation useless freak !!
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by buffead(f): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
ISI EWU , OLOSHI OLORIBURUKU , ILE AYE E KO NI DA , your unborn generation useless freak !!
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Fhemmmy: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2010
They have been killing them for years and nothing happened.
i hate empty threats
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Katsumoto: 10:21pm On Jan 19, 2010
metal-gong:

Oduduwa chimpanze, you really need an English tutor . .
I will cease to engage an illiterate like you.

You ran way from the other thread when I put several intelligent questions to you; in the same manner in which you usually run from intellectual discourse. All you are able to do is insult Yoruba people. Imagine the cheek; you have the temerity to call someone else an iliterate.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Fhemmmy: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

You ran way from the other thread when I put several intelligent questions to you; in the same manner in which you usually run from intellectual discourse. All you are able to do is insult Yoruba people. Imagine the cheek; you have the temerity to call someone else an iliterate.

Cant we just rub mind without insults?
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by ozalogbo: 10:26pm On Jan 19, 2010
They will continue to kill because they always get away with it. It kill an eye for an eye principle may be an option to consider. Two can play at it
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Fhemmmy: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2010
I just think it is time for the Christian to start carrying guns and shoot those goats
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Katsumoto: 10:31pm On Jan 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Cant we just rub mind without insults?

Is it ok for him to always insult Yoruba people? If we let him, then he will keep repeating his hate. I will not stop until his type leave this section for other less sensitive sections such as the romance and jokes section.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Fhemmmy: 10:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
Katsumoto:

Is it ok for him to always insult Yoruba people? If we let him, then he will keep repeating his hate. I will not stop until his type leave this section for other less sensitive sections such as the romance and jokes section.

No matter how u try to stop him, he wont change . . . . .
BTW, when u exchange words with him, you are just bringing yourself down to his level.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by edoyad(m): 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2010
All these igbo, yoruba and south-south states that accomodate hausa almajiris allowing them build mosques on your land in the name of unity, i hope this will serve as a vivid lesson to your state govts
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Katsumoto: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2010
Fhemmmy:

No matter how u try to stop him, he wont change . . . . .
BTW, when u exchange words with him, you are just bringing yourself down to his level.

Please read my post again; I did not trade insults with him. How can I be on his level when I did not insult him or his tribe? Lets be objective here please.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by Fhemmmy: 10:36pm On Jan 19, 2010
edoyad:

All these igbo, yoruba and south-south states that accomodate hausa almajiris allowing them build mosques on your land in the name of unity, i hope this will serve as a vivid lesson to your state govts

We all cant be goats
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by metalgong5(m): 12:40am On Jan 20, 2010
Katsumoto:

You ran way from the other thread when I put several intelligent questions to you; in the same manner in which you usually run from i[b]ntellectual discourse[/b]. All you are able to do is insult Yoruba people. Imagine the cheek; you have the temerity to call someone else an iliterate.

You are not even ashamed to type the above highlighted words. Which intelligent questions?Do imbeciles ask intelligent questions? Don't tell me that you are referring to those cheap lies Awo the Devil transferred to you retards.

More over, why should I even respond to your dumb questions when you failed to answer a simple question thrown to you by EZIACH.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by edoyad(m): 1:04am On Jan 20, 2010
I wonder how the people of aba will react to the information that some of the victims initially attacked were young ibo students resident in jos, trouble dey sleep.
Re: Jos Crisis : Constant Killings Could Lead To Disintegration by revolt(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2010
Imagine. They killed only a few hundreds and you guys are threatening dis integration. What will happen if they kill up to 10 thousand or millions. So you guys are beginning to get the feel abi. Jokes.we lost more than 40 thousand people in the north and majority of your parents supported it. Lets go on with one nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping: Former Nysc Dg, Akpan, Released / Bbc Reports Anambra Elections As 'gravely Flawed'. / The Man Behind The Nigeria Yaradua Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.