Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2732 Views)

Yoruba, Others Back To Pre-1952 Political Era / Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis / Jos Crisis: We Lost All Say Hausa-fulani, Igbo, Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by Bintus2much(m): 10:30am On Mar 17, 2011
Jos crises: Igbo, Yoruba, others demand N670bn compensation

A coalition of people from the South-East , South-South and South-West resident in Jos, Plateau State have demanded N670bn from the Federal Government as compensation for the losses they have incurred in the series of crises in the state since 1994.

The coalition, at a news conference in Jos on Wednesday, said that since the crises started in the state, the Yoruba had lost property worth N450bn; the Igbo, N410bn; and South-South, N110bn.

It added at the news conference addressed by its spokesman , Mr. Smart Irabor, that over 1, 654 people from the three regions had lost their lives in the crises.

According to Irabor , the South-East lost 604 people; the South-West, 630 and the South-South,430.

While condemning the killing of their members, the group expressed dismay “That without any provocation or seeking for political or geographical expansion nor struggling for the ownership of Jos, the three groups from the year 1994 to date lost property estimated at over N970bn.”

The coalition accused the Federal Government of failing in its statutory duty of protecting the lives and property of its citizens.

It also demanded that all those caught during the crises should be made to face the full weight of the law.

While assuring President Goodluck Jonathan of its members support and loyalty in the 2011 presidential election, the coalition asked him to release the White Paper on the Presidential Advisory Committee on the crises.

The group however commended Governor Jonah Jang for recognising the three tribes as major stakeholders in the peace process in the state.

It also threw its weight behind the decision of the state government to float a security outfit to stem the violence in the state.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201103172103182
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by FabulousE1: 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2011
who? would pay them the 670billion? government of nigeria. or boko haram of non-nigeria. get real!!!!!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by hugooh42(m): 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2011
I never knew Yorubas invest outside their home state imagine loosing with 10billion margin property to the Igbos.Or is this another fallacy?
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by texazzpete(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
Let these people go and sit down jo!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by Mobinga: 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2011
Oshi. Dem neva start angry
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by babsmii(m): 1:43pm On Mar 17, 2011
why una no just go drill oil sell am instead, y wait for the proceeds,
i didn't say the lives lost is not worth more than the money but there are decent ways to fight for such loss and not just ask for money with mere unrealistic justification
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by mrofficial(m): 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
undecided
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by baslone: 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
Everybody don realise say GEJ is on a spending spree! I no blame dem joo, after all dem so call militants dey collect dem own fix!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by johnjoel(m): 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
well just to tell you that presido no get money way him go give una all the money way dey now he dey use am for trip and suponsorship of his campgam
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
Hehehhehehe, 4 planet Mars grin
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by princeonx: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
Since 1994? The first Jos religious crisis was in 2001.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by Etelite: 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
When u find yourself in a land ridden with uproars, ur deafness may actually be cured. My candid advice, Nigeria can accommodate us all. if the north wont make bed for progress and coexistence, kindly leave that place and look for greener pasture elsewhere. The "Abokis" may be easy "Mugus' to make money out off but their "muguness" will not also allow them to think before wasting u or ur sweat in a blink. Stop making demands that u damn know aint coming. An elite has spoken!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by hackney(m): 4:13pm On Mar 17, 2011
I would like to claim £1Bn from the govt for the trauma they have caused me.
having had to witness their nonsense for years, i want compensation.
yeye people.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by TewMuch: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2011
When Jonathan is talking in Billions these days, do you blame them? Everything na billion, billion for naija. grin cheesy
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by omamokta: 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
The data is wrong so the whole story is a fallacy, so the Yoruba invested in Jos more than the Igbos. They did not do their homework well
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by bashr4: 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2011
where fstranger , ileki idi ,eku bear andf bkbabe. this list is not correct its only foolish igbo people that are investing in the north even with all the crisis there since the 80s. they should remove yoruba people from that list before i vex now.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by yarodin: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2011
bashr4:

where fstranger , ileki idi ,eku bear andf bkbabe. this list is not correct its only foolish igbo people that are investing in the north even with all the crisis there since the 80s. they should remove yoruba people from that list before i vex now.

LOL, the way those internet warriors were ranting I would have sworn no Yoruba person lived outside Yoruba land.  As for the 670bn who dash monkey banana?  The people of Jos are still trying to recover from the killings and some Igbos and Yorubas want compensation?  I hope another round of killing does not take place.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
They are shiving themselves in their respective livers and then turning around to tell the government to pay them for it.

I don't remember the government telling them to fight. undecided
Seriously tribalism NEEDS to die in Nigeria. Here's hoping this will be taken care of within the next after this generation.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by Tcrack(m): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
into whose account will the money be paid? am sure mumu GEJ will call them to negociate
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:57am On Mar 19, 2011
If they had made their compensation requests in cattle, they might actually have had a chance of getting something.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by uglybetty: 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2011
These people deserve any amount abeg. Haba they have tried. its not easy to lose everything.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by kilmah: 2:44pm On Mar 21, 2011
what rubbish!! what the people of plateau have lost cannot be quantified and yet, we do not hear them DEMANDING for compensation. They are the real victims here.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis by jom28gy(m): 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
These people causing this havoc are dividing the nation the more

(1) (Reply)

Is Governor Fashola Becoming A Bad Governor? By Uzoma Ahamefule. / Lack Of Exposure Is Why Nigeria Leaders Have Not use 3 sovereignty by Musiwa / U.S Professor Says Ebola Is A Weapon Developed By The U.S Being Used On Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.