Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,686 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know (29727 Views)

What's The Price Of A Used Ps3?naija Gamers,help Me Out / Serious Gamers Wanted / Facts About Video Games That Will Make You Realize That You’re Actually Old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 3:15am On Jun 07, 2017
Even if there are female gamers, they are seen as a minority in a male-dominated community. This is probably because most games are masculine in nature, focusing on sports, zombies, and killing bad guys. And let’s face it, there are more girls who like fashion more than kicking butt.
But the girls who enjoy kicking butt don’t care that other girls are not interested in the games they play. They don’t care that they are outnumbered by male players in Grand Theft Auto or Battlefield 4. They don’t care because many of them know they can kick the boys’ butts and still look pretty in a dress!!! . Yes, female gamers today break stereotypes. Some fit the boyish image, while others are feminine. Either way, they are not to be underestimated in the, battlefield. Female gamers are good, and can even be better than male players.
Below are 5 other facts about female gamers you didn’t know:
Female gamers are attracted to action-adventure games like Word of Warcraft. Fun, fearless females?

5. Females have game preferences
In the past, games tailored for female gamers were based on girl-oriented material like Barbie , Nancy Drew , and The Baby-Sitters Club . Now girls are just as hardcore as boys, and can play the same games boys play. Female gamers are found to be interested in action-adventure games like World of Warcraft and Second Life. They also like role-playing games with in-game communication and interpersonal relationships like character development and plot dynamics. But that doesn’t mean they can’t play games with fast-paced action and combat. Female players are just as diverse as male ones.
Ms. Pac-Man didn’t need to take off her clothes to become the most successful American-produced arcade game

4. It has been suggested that video games with female heroes don’t sell as much
According to the Electronic Entertainment Design and Research (EEDAR), “there’s a sense in the industry that games with female heroes won’t sell.” In effect, these kinds of games receive smaller budgets than games with male heroes. In fact, games with female-only protagonists receive only 40% of the budget allotted for games with male-only protagonists. But take a look at Ms. Pac-Man. Not only is she the first female protagonist in an arcade game, she is also the most successful American-produced arcade game. Two things are great about Ms. Pac-Man: she started only as an enhancement kit for the male Pac-man, and she didn’t need to take off her clothes to sell games. Now that’s girl power right there.
We’re not sure why anyone would want to look like this female orc, but different strokes for different folks!

3. Female characters are often sexualized, and they have an effect on female gamers
Studies have shown that sexualized female characters in video games have an effect on the self-esteem of female gamers. It has been found that female gamers identify with their characters and base their appearances on them. If they can’t achieve the look, it has a negative effect on their self-confidence. That’s why Mark Morkhaime, CEO of Blizzard Entertainment (who developed World of Warcraft), said that “We are challenging ourselves to draw from more diverse voices within and outside of the company and create more diverse heroes and content.” That means female characters of all shapes, sizes, and number of clothing!
You don’t need to let her win, she can win on her own

2. They play just as hard as men
A research by social media network Pixwoo revealed that women are just as likely to become gamers like men, and they spend just as much time playing games as men. This means dating between gamers can revolve around playing their favorite games instead of having to go out! But of course, it’s still important to treat your gamer girlfriend like a girl and spoil her every now and then.

1. There are many of them
This is pretty basic, but did you know that half of all gamers are females? According to a study by the Entertainment Software Association last year, 45% of gamers and 46% of habitual video game purchasers are women. Magid Advisors also found that 70% of girls aged 12 to 24 play video games. In the UK, there are actually more female gamers than males! If only developers could make a game where the damsel in distress is a man…

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2017
Equivocal Sexist fvck! undecided

Let me come and be going

5 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by praise1705(f): 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
Bring it on any time

your *ss is mine ( in Shang shung voice) Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by chukwukapromise(m): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
Female Gamer are Just awesome...Infact am training my Kid-sis into becoming one by exposing her to d High Ultra-sound of D Gaming world

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by cao(f): 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
5. I haven't played any of those titles.
4. Lara Croft has been doing just fine. Aloy seems to be doing rather well for the PS4.
3. That could be said for every media, but we've lived (and sighed) through that nonsense for decades...we all know the armour for females become more useless with every upgrade, at least that used to be the thing to expect in some fantasy games. Like...really that bra of invincibility will be very useful when we get shot anywhere else... We see how Blizzard have done rather well without this in Overwatch.
2. Duh. That's just practice and training, the more you do something, the better you get at it. At least, that's how it usually works.
1. Duh.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
Female gamers. Yeah Candy crush try for them sha.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by auntysimbiat(f): 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
OK den
Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by linkystar: 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
As a female, I like playing games a lot mostly car race.These games are nice.
Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Edopesin: 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2017
The Games U Will See Them Play Is
Candy Crush

Zuma Revenge

Barbie Doll House( can U Imagine )

Temple Run

Makeup Club

*They Worst Die abi*
And They Can Form For Africa

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by cerowo(f): 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Candy crush all d way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by begwong: 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Why MODs dey post double same post for front page today? Are they on cheap weed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Abasha iranu
Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by 0b100100111: 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
Female gamers dont allow men wash there plate, they find it irritating except u re using ice-cream to wash it

5 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Omobolaji19(m): 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
I'll love to have a wife that would always challenge on fifa,Nfs And Mkx.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
I'm one tho

3 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by adorablevic: 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
criminal case all d way
Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by procky(f): 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
click the link on my signature and watch my gaming video on my YouTube channel

1 Like

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by zarakay(f): 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
auntysimbiat:
OK den

auntysimbiat..u can do better nah grin
ur own no day pass OK grin

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by ominilongest(m): 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Which kind post b dis 1 again.. .

So no news again?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Seakay(m): 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Bet9ja included?

1 Like

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
What's So special about Female Gamers? You nerds need to stop mystifying them.

4 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
0b100100111:
Female gamers dont allow men wash there plate, they find it irritating except u re using ice-cream to wash it
lol psycho

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by viqueta(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
Any female gamer wey no sabi play FIFA that one no be gamer

2 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by PotatoSalad(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dem never play with dick finish? na game. take time o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by whizqueen(f): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mortal combat kiss PS 4

1 Like

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by MrImole: 9:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
What is this?
Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
If she scores a direct free kick against you on FIFA

Break up with her

Ain't no way she learned that sh¡t on her own

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Quinn22(f): 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
No body can challenge me in COD! angry

I mean no one!!! angry

9 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by AHCB: 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
Quinn22:

I mean no one!!! angry
You sure?

1 Like

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by viqueta(m): 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
You dey make mouth now like say if them call you for duty for house you dey do am...lol
Quinn22:

I mean no one!!! angry

11 Likes

Re: Facts About Female Gamers You Didn’t Know by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
The moderator for games suddenly came alive.....

U will soon go back into oblivion...

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thread For Bullet Force FPS Gamers In Naija / Boy Who Won 38 Million On Bet 9ja Dies In Car Accident / Football Manager 2021 Mobile Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.