Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos (1055 Views)

Woman Refused Entry Into Jos High Court Because Of Her Trouser / Govt Terminates Ethnic Militia Pipeline Surveillance Contract / Army And Airforce Move Into Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:38am On Jan 20, 2010
The city of Jos, the Plateau state capital was thrown into total darkness late Tuesday night as the battle between Christians and Muslims enters day two.

Sources told pointblanknews that some that some militia men, adorning military fatigues, have also taken to the streets, despite the 24-hour curfew imposed by the state Government.

It was learnt that the militiamen for hours engaged some soldiers in fierce gun battles in several locations like Dutse Uku and Sabon Fegi suburbs.

Sources resident in Jos also told pointblanknews that some fanatics from across the Plateau state borders , suspected to be Al Quaeda followers, have joined in the fray.

It was however not clear on which sides the militia men were fighting. However, it was gathered that most of them came from across the borders.

It was also leant that some men of the Nigeria Army have not been very objective in dealing with the crisis, as they are being alleged to be backing the Muslims against the Christians.

http://pointblanknews.com/os2761.html
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Fhemmmy: 4:44am On Jan 20, 2010
I wont be surprised if the soldiers are supporting the Muslims, since those that paid their salary are for the muslims too.
Also,i am sure the barracks in Jos was built by some Imam . . . . .so what would u expect?
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by ayinba1(f): 5:17am On Jan 20, 2010
@op

I don't know how reliable pointblank news is, but I can tell you that this piece of information will not hurt the North more, it will hurt Nigeria. So be careful what you wish for. If any foreign country invades Nigeria today because of terrorists, the North is the least likely place that would be targeted.

Think and it may become clear to you.

The tribal clashes are so easily converted to religious. So the muslims are killing the Xtians; hmnnn, and the xtians just sit and watch.
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Fhemmmy: 5:18am On Jan 20, 2010
Christians are peace loving people
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by ayinba1(f): 5:19am On Jan 20, 2010
^^^^^Absolutely! smiley
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:25am On Jan 20, 2010
ayinba1:

@op

I don't know how reliable pointblank news is, but I can tell you that this piece of information will not hurt the North more, it will hurt Nigeria. So be careful what you wish for. If any foreign country invades Nigeria today because of terrorists, the North is the least likely place that would be targeted.

The tribal clashes are so easily converted to religious. So the muslims are killing the Xtians; hmnnn, and the xtians just sit and watch.
mhm grin grin
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Fhemmmy: 5:25am On Jan 20, 2010
^^^  i think it is time they carry gun . . .shoot some of those goats  . . .  .enuf is enuf
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:28am On Jan 20, 2010
Fhemmmy:

^^^  i think it is time they carry gun . . .shoot some of those goats  . . .  .enuf is enuf

How about HITLERizing those idiots?
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Fhemmmy: 5:29am On Jan 20, 2010
Whatever works, cos they are overdoing it, and the govt dont seems to care.
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:32am On Jan 20, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Whatever works, cos they are overdoing it, and the govt dont seems to care.

I think the world would be a better place without those mofos!
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Fhemmmy: 5:33am On Jan 20, 2010
Maybe maybe not, only God knows . . . .but at least hatred will be less
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Justcash(m): 5:37am On Jan 20, 2010
We all know the solution, but you keep decieving yourselves.

One Nigeria abi?  Then let the bloodbath continue.

Maybe when the trend catches up with all of you, you will know how Nigerian you are.

One Nigeria my A.SS!

Nonsense!
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by ayinba1(f): 5:38am On Jan 20, 2010
@Fhemmy

The news that came out initially revealed that the violence was precipitated by "indigenes" who tried to prevent a Hausa (muslim) man from building his home; claiming that the Hausas are settlers. Please read a little bit of edoyad's posts. If he is a specimen of the wronged xtian, then I fear,  a lot

You totally missed the point. My "Absolutely" was sarcasm. I don't know if you ever lived in Northern Nigeria. If you did, you may be able to separate facts from propaganda.

More violence will not solve the problem. This is why we have leaders, this is not a new occurrence in Nigeria, the worrisome part is that it repeats itself because the underlying socioeconomic decay is not addressed
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:41am On Jan 20, 2010
ayinba1:

@Fhemmy

The news that came out initially revealed that the violence was precipitated by "indigenes" who tried to prevent a Hausa (muslim) man from building his home; claiming that the Hausas are settlers. Please read a little bit of edoyad's posts. If he is a specimen of the wronged xtian, then I fear,  a lot

Stop reffering to report from an Al-qaeda controlled newspaper controlled by some islamic terrorists.
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by ayinba1(f): 5:53am On Jan 20, 2010
^^ It was BBC. Look it up yourself if you don't believe me.
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by cold(m): 11:40am On Jan 20, 2010
ayinba1:

@op

Ur sarcasm is well noted,what do u expect, someone barges into ur house screamin allahu akbar & weildin machetes & u're xpected to just sit there & watch?U must b sick upstairs.It's time to praise the Lord & pass the ammunition,these rams that hav got us enlisted as a terrorist nation shld be eliminated effective immediately
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by edoyad(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2010
@cold, people who have lived in the midst of hausa people will not know what one is preaching. I'm telling you my own relative, not hear say, was murdered by people who were brought into his house by his supposedly peaceful muslim mai guard in the 2000 crisis. The christians in kaduna have wisened up, they now live on one half of the city living them to enjoy their almajiri existence in the other half. Trust ibo boys now, after their electronics were looted and shops burnt by the hungry jihadists they returned from christmas with machine guns as if to tell them "come Let's see if your allah pass my AK"
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by chosen04(f): 6:38pm On Jan 20, 2010
edoyad:

@cold, people who have lived in the midst of hausa people will not know what one is preaching. I'm telling you my own relative, not hear say, was murdered by people who were brought into his house by his supposedly peaceful muslim mai guard in the 2000 crisis. The christians in kaduna have wisened up, they now live on one half of the city living them to enjoy their almajiri existence in the other half. Trust ibo boys now, after their electronics were looted and shops burnt by the hungry jihadists they returned from christmas with machine guns as if to tell them "come Let's see if your allah pass my AK"

No body has monopoly to violence.
Any body can react when pushed to the wall.
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 20, 2010
well Christians are failing to understand the bible in context. when Jesus said when u are slapped turn the other cheek.
thats where the story ends. after they have slapped ur 2 cheeks wat else remains??

then it is time to slap back. God of David, Joshua and times of old have not change, he is still God today and forever. if the Northerners dont want us to live in peace we better teach them some lesson in violence so they would learn from it

we have been slapped enough it is time to kick some a*s.

Nigeria belongs to all of us, if they wont respect my rights peacefully i would take it by force.
Re: Al Quaeda Militia Move Into Jos by xterra2(m): 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I wont be surprised if the soldiers are supporting the Muslims, since those that paid their salary are for the muslims too.
Also,i am sure the barracks in Jos was built by some Imam . . . . .so what would u expect?
No,it was built years years years ago,though going renovation by the federal government
And they cant,Another reason Jonathan goodluck orderes the troops himself(a cristian from the south)so if there is an imbalance the muslims would be cheated,

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Back To Thisday Newspaper / Nigerian Inventor Scares Toyota / Students Set Principal's Office Ablaze For Mass Failure in School Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.