Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) (45402 Views)

Speaker Dogara, Six Political Parties, Others Move To Stop Governor Abubakar / Dino Melaye & Governor Fayose Step Out In Style This Sunday Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Iamvictor(m): 5:52am On Jun 07, 2017
Traditionalists and indigenes of Ikere Ekiti in Ekiti state yesterday prevented the state governor from cutting down a sacred tree blocking the dualization of a road in the community.
Governor Fayose was said to have ordered his men to uproot the tree for the commencement of a road dualization project in the area but they were sent packing after traditionalists lit bonfires at Odo Oja area of Ikere Ekiti.
In the heat of the crisis generated by the bonfires at Odo Oja area of the town, Fayose reportedly led armed policemen to the area to put the situation under control.

http://naijagists.com/drama-traditionalists-stop-fayose-cutting-sacred-tree-ikere-ekiti/

They should let the tree fight for itself now

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by shikshark: 5:58am On Jun 07, 2017
They should try and transplant it where it will be at peace, abi sacred tree fit construct the road ni.....+ she na by force for fayose to do the road ni

9 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by SuperSuave(m): 6:04am On Jun 07, 2017
AFRICA! oh Africa! angry

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by sarrki(m): 6:04am On Jun 07, 2017
No one can fight the government

The tree will be pulled down when oshoko is ready

The traditionalist should be charged for obstruction

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by TPAND(f): 6:06am On Jun 07, 2017
We idolize a lot of barbaric and archaic beliefs in Africa. Shameful how people reject infrastructural development all in the name of believing one tree brings Goodluck and it's sacred.
Africa which way forward

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by KahlDrogo(m): 6:08am On Jun 07, 2017
shikshark:
They should try and transplant it where it will be at peace, abi sacred tree fit construct the road ni.....+ she na by force for fayose to do the road ni
Transplant a tree that size? embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Evablizin(f): 6:11am On Jun 07, 2017
Sacred tree in this 2017 ikere people una the very funny

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by SalamRushdie: 6:14am On Jun 07, 2017
sarrki:
No one can fight the government

The tree will be pulled down when oshoko is ready

The traditionalist should be charged for obstruction

Hey boss ..where have you been ..How are you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 07, 2017
sacred tree ni sacred root ko cry

Nigeria is still in dark age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by shikshark: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Transplant a tree that size? What kind of school did you attend bro? embarassed
Im sure you have never seen this before, because if you have you wont have ignorantly said what you just said, any tree can be transplanted eapecially the ones u cherish

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 07, 2017
shikshark:

Im sure you have never seen this before, because if you have you wont have ignorantly said what you just said, any tree can be transplanted eapecially the ones u cherish

Okay, just looked. It's a young tree. Oshoko should transplant it to their shrine for them.
Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 07, 2017
This why we are not developing in Africa!!!

Even trees are sacred.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by nduchucks: 6:23am On Jun 07, 2017
Roads are constructed around major natural and unnatural obstructive structures all the time.

This is probably not a fight worth fighting.
Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by whitebeard(m): 6:24am On Jun 07, 2017
Look at this people, do they think the world revolves around them, this people are ducking backward, oga cut something jare, if the tree is sacred them me myself I am sacred angry

4 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by omowolewa: 6:26am On Jun 07, 2017
They should plant a similar tree and reinvoke the spirits into it.

Fayose should as for what should be offered to the gods and the monetize it with relocation Allowance and inconvenience bonuses. They gods would smile at him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by whitebeard(m): 6:26am On Jun 07, 2017
Cut it And plant any kind of tree somewhere and tell them that the sacredness has moved to the other tree.

I am sure they would believe

12 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by lifezone247(m): 6:32am On Jun 07, 2017
whitebeard:
Cut it And plant any kind of tree someone and tell them that the sacredness has moved to the other tree.

I am sure they would believe
am telling you, they will believe.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by KahlDrogo(m): 6:34am On Jun 07, 2017
shikshark:

Okay. I was wrong then. I take back my comment. But I'm sure the tree can only survive a relocation only if what it has is a fibrous root, I doubt it will if it is tap root.

4 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by whitebeard(m): 6:37am On Jun 07, 2017
lifezone247:
am telling you, they will believe.
they are so backward.

2 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by madridguy(m): 6:51am On Jun 07, 2017
Fayose must respect the traditionalists and leave their tree for them. That is their place of worship and you must leave it for them.
For those people screaming Africa this Africa that, had been it is a Mosque/Church that is blocking the dualization of same road am sure you won't say so.

Respect for all religion.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2017
We have no respect for people's conviction in this country. A sensible person ought to find a way around this by constructing without demolishing the tree. No need in upsetting locals unnecessarily. I pray one day they would see the light of Jesus and pull the tree down themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by shikshark: 7:04am On Jun 07, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Okay. I was wrong then. I take back my comment. But I'm sure the tree can only survive a relocation of what it has is a fibrous root, I doubt it will if it is tap root.
But if the governor have been diplomatic enough to present an option, all these protest would have been avoided in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by onatisi(m): 7:05am On Jun 07, 2017
shikshark:
You cant visit nairaland without getting a good laugh. Some are just born funny

2 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by fabre4: 7:09am On Jun 07, 2017
hehe
Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by felifeli: 7:17am On Jun 07, 2017
TPAND:
We idolize a lot of barbaric and archaic beliefs in Africa. Shameful how people reject infrastructural development all in the name of believing one tree brings Goodluck and it's sacred.
Africa which way forward

Nonsense. Go try and pull down a tree in London and see if you will not end up in prison.
Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Redoil: 7:20am On Jun 07, 2017
shikshark:
but you and ur fellow Yoruba almajiris have saying fayose is not working

3 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 07, 2017
In 2017 the "most educated" tribe are demostrating against cutting down a "sacred" tree, what an irony.

5 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Iamvictor(m): 7:25am On Jun 07, 2017
lalasticala should move it to front page
Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:27am On Jun 07, 2017
It takes a great christian or a strong juju man to pull down such evil tree.. ...
Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by TPAND(f): 7:41am On Jun 07, 2017
felifeli:

Nonsense. Go try and pull down a tree in London and see if you will not end up in prison.
Keep quiet bristih government pull down many trees to build the Olympic stadium and village. You are too dumb to think read and understand that the state government wanted to dualize the road and the indigenes rejected the pulling down of the tree. Read well next time and process with your brains

2 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by sarrki(m): 7:55am On Jun 07, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Hey boss ..where have you been ..How are you

Am fine Bro

Farming things

4 Likes

Re: Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) by Lusola15: 8:06am On Jun 07, 2017
Africans and juju,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rare Picture Of Head Of State Maj.gen Aguiyi Ironsi In Kano / Ganduje: Let Buhari Speak For Himself, Moderator Cautions Osinbajo / States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.