Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? (2878 Views)

The Monitor Lizard And Bush Rats We Roasted For Dinner Today (PHOTOS) / See The Bush Rat That Was Killed At My Workplace Today (Photos) / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by Princek12(m): 5:45am On Jan 20, 2010
Can anyone tell me what it's called in English. I used to eat it Nigeria, and it tastes so good. I was trying to tell one of my oyinbo friends but didn't know the English name. Help a bro out!
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by Googler(m): 11:54am On Jan 20, 2010
It's called bush meat.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by clemcykul(f): 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2010
lol was about sayn the same thing.

funny grin
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by Princek12(m): 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2010
Googler:

It's called bush meat.

I really need to know the name of the specific animal whose meat is called bush meat. Or is the specific animal called "bush meat?" I thought that it was just colloquially referred to as bush meat, and that there was a specific name to which the animal is referred. Thanks anyways.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by Googler(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2010
Bush meat refers to meat sourced from wild animals, as opposed to meat from farm animals such as chicken, pork, beef, mutton, etc. Bush meat is referred to by the name of the animal in question. So to get antelop meat, you ask for "antelop" or "antelop meat". Other common ones include grass-cutter, deer, wild hog, rabbit, porcupine, etc.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by Pamperme: 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2010
bush meat cheesy
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
in general, its called game, or wild game.

but you have to be more specific about which animal meat you mean.

which one did you eat in nigeria? Was it antelope?
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:05am On Jan 22, 2010
Grasscutter maybe ?.

Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by agathamari(f): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2010
i had grass-cutter once as i understand it, in english it would be a groundhog

as to other bush-meat it would be whatever the animal is. snake, antelope, monkey, hare, whatnot
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2010
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by tpia1: 5:29am On Aug 17, 2014
will these animals ever be certified safe to eat again?

they're generally an important part of the local cuisine.

although of course if they're endangered then people have to eat regular meat or fish, or go vegetarian.
Re: Does Anyone Know What Bush Meat ("Eran Gbe") Is Called In English? by tpia1: 5:30am On Aug 17, 2014
@ topic

game actually wouldnt include monkey. Or generally doesnt include monkey except in africa?

(1) (Reply)

That Perfect Plate Of Beans And Yam To Spend My Vals Day With / Omelette And Toast Bread Recipe / 3 Days Without Food Diary.... Follow Me On My Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.