Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,032 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) (14890 Views)

PDP Tells Police IG To Reactivate Forgery Case Against Aregbesola / Tinubu, Bisi Akande & Ajimobi Pay Condolence Visit To Aregbesola Over Mum Death / Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
I Can See You Are Out Of Yourself
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by NwaAmaikpe: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Saao:
I think u need to short up already. Land use Act u want to defend d govt with is 1978 not 1962. The land belong to govt is Aregbesola the govt or the people? Think well before defending corruption and oppression
paragon40:
u mean Land use Act of 1978, if yes u can only take peoples land if it is for public use..e.g u want to build school, hospital. However due compensation must have been paid to the people.. U can't take people's land for private use...#illegal

I don't normally do this, but let me indulge you.

Study the origin of land tenure system in Nigeria....that was the first ever land law in Nigeria AND IT brought about the 1978 act. I even made it easier by bracketing the said law.
But since you choose to be daft, be my guest for your enlightenment

https://books.google.com.ng/books/about/The_Land_Tenure_Law_1962_No_25_of_1962.html?id=eQZxHAAACAAJ

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/land/?blurb=529
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Kiakia(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
Executive recklesness! Some of these Governors act as if their State is their personal property. Same 'grab grab' syndrome of anything land pervades Imo State where the Governor acquires people's land at will to build private estates and residential houses for himself, his family members, inlaws and his cronies without paying compensation to the people who owns the land. Such absurdity!
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Kiakia(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
Executive recklesness! Some of these Governors act as if their State is their personal property. Same 'grab grab' syndrome of anything land pervades Imo State where the Governor acquires people's land at will to build private estates and residential houses for himself, his family members, inlaws and cronies without paying compensation to the people who owns the land. Such absurdity!
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by chloride6: 7:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

The land belongs to God and to the government.

Read the Land Acts of 1962 /(Land Tenure Law)

The people should shut up and accept their fate.

You mean 1979 undecided
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by OmoAregbesola: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
Na lie
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Tunjido: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Aregbesola is mad and is a big thief. How can u forcefully take over the farmlands and means of livelihoods of members of 15 communities so your friend that bribed you can cultivate rice.
This same man that has no plans of paying his workers ever
see this mumu, i know governor Aregbesola is old enough to be your papa if you have one, you can't just take advantage of this platform. You papa cant do more than that too.
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Genilufoye1: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
Aregbejale and his oppressive, intimidating act,,,,,, too bad
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by juman(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
God dey.
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Saao(m): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Study the origin of land tenure system in Nigeria....that was the first ever land law in Nigeria AND IT brought about the 1978 act. I even made it easier by bracketing the said law.

https://books.google.com.ng/books/about/The_Land_Tenure_Law_1962_No_25_of_1962.html?id=eQZxHAAACAAJ

u just insulted urself Mr. Man. So u choose to use obsolete law than to use the current law of 1978? U know nothing about law but quoting obsolete and repeal law to defend ur pay master. Why not quote pre independence constitution. Get a life Mr.
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by joyAA(f): 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Show of power. This happens when ignorant people rule clueless citizens. Its unheard of in saner cclimes.
I read of two thieves who were lynched in IMO state, meanwhile, our polithiefcians are happily stealing our land and money yet we will be looking like dodoyo! Kissing up their behind Mtchewwwwww
When something like this happens, we ought to unify and stamp it out, those villagers can't do natin! If they are lucky,the case will be used to play table tennis in court for 10-20 years before its finally thrown out. But if we all speak about it, get unbiased media houses on them, hold them accountable, they will receive sense.
However, i trust my fellow Nigerians, if its not in their part of the country , they wouldn't loose a wink of sleep over it. Such is the way of Nigerians
We are divided, our youths lack focus, those who have good head on their shoulders trickle out of the country #braindrain the rest are too weathered down and broken with poverty that they will do ANYTHING for money even if it means covering up our so called politicians.
If at all we will move forward, we must realise that we can only win this battle TOGETHER and with LOVE for the next person, whether ijaw or efik, Fulani or Yoruba. #sigh...but what do I know?, and who cares anyways?
it is well
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Saao(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
Tunjido:
see this mumu, i know governor Aregbesola is old enough to be your papa if you have one, you can't just take advantage of this platform. You papa cant do more than that too.
bro, take it easy. Just think about. Do u know how many generation that farm that land and was buried on that land? That insult is small to me, he acquired people ancestral land illegally and u only concern abt the guy insult? Imagine the aged among them older than Aregbe? Just thnk about it
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by mfm04622: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

Yes, Nigerian law confers all land in Nigeria to the state government. However, there is a process of acquiring land. Was the process followed. Was the land acquired for overriding public interest or for the Governor's friend's interest?
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by yanjutomi(m): 8:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

shut it trash mouth OF ITS UR FATHERS LAND WILL I LET IT GO LIKE DAT?
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Nowujeda(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
You mean the law that was solely made to oppress the masses?
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by marazzina7: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
Aregbeshola, is a mad man, useless ebira man
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Truthisit: 9:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
Where is this guy from? Are you saying land use act of 1962 supersedes that of 1978? Again, your father's house, does it not belong to God? Then I can come and have it
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by udemzyudex(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

Don't worry someone will take what's very important to you one day and then quote the law to you, I'd like to see the look on your face that day.
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by paragon40(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

I choose to remain daft... sad the law we know is the LAND USE ACT.OF 1978 WC is the latest ..don't be archaic sir, move with the Law...
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by LorenzoU: 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

the weed wey u smoke shey is it from delta or sambisa forest
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by davidif: 11:25pm On Jun 07, 2017
And this is why Nigeria is still poor. The lack of strong property rights and a strong legal system.
For any country to be wealthy there needs to be a strong emphasis on property rights. The govt has no right to just come and take my land when they see fit. If I own land and I find gold or oil on it the govt has no right to take my land or my oil. Its so sad that most people dont have a foundational understanding of how capitalism and govt are supposed to work. Later on they will say the reason Africa is poor is because of the West. Someone needs to give all the governor's a copy of Adams Smith's book The Wealth of Nations
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by davidif: 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

And this is why Nigeria is still poor. The lack of strong property rights and a strong legal system.
For any country to be wealthy there needs to be a strong emphasis on property rights. The govt has no right to just come and take my land when they see fit. If I own land and I find gold or oil on it the govt has no right to take my land or my oil. Its so sad that most people dont have a foundational understanding of how capitalism and govt are supposed to work. Later on they will say the reason Africa is poor is because of the West. Someone needs to give all the governor's (And leaders) a copy of Adams Smith's book The Wealth of Nations. it definitely should be required reading for all of them.
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by jerryfemi88: 3:42am On Jun 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin

yes that is true but this is a different case,the governor claimed it and transfered it to his bosom friend.so how does his friend become either God of government
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by hopkinscasidy03: 10:25am On Jun 08, 2017
If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary, thank God for success in yesterdays fixed game. today fixed out view won ticket for you gratification.

Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by CessyFatos101: 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
The truth of the matter is that government will surely compensate the community if truly their claims are in line with the Land Used Act and the usual practice by Aregbesola-led administration is paying compensation that is due to community/individual land owners whenever the need arise. The instances are many, compensation were paid to community around Ibu Aje market, same to the house owners around East Bye-Pass Road. I must also say that the way and manner the protesters went about this shows that there is political undertone to their action because the Bar Kanmi Ajibola they engaged is a PDP card carrying member in Osun.
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by CessyFatos101: 2:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
The truth of the matter is that government will surely compensate the community if truly their claims are in line with the Land Used Act and the usual practice by Aregbesola-led administration is paying compensation that is due to community/individual land owners whenever the need arise. The instances are many, compensation were paid to community around Ibu Aje market, same to the house owners around East Bye-Pass Road. I must also say that the way and manner the protesters went about this, shows that there is political undertone to their action because the Bar Kanmi Ajibola they engaged as lawyer is a card carrying member of PDP in Osun.
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by Dkfpaul(m): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Abi o
Re: 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) by eby35(m): 11:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
please bros, before you quote any Act, government cannot just come and override a private propety for her private use biko.
ask question before you comment on issues that are quite sensitive like this especially, when it involves Nigerian government.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Sacks SSG, Commissioners And Over 200 Aides / Oshiomhole, Obaseki Differ Over Primary Election For Candidates / Obaseki’s Reforms, Oshiomhole, APC And Warnings Ahead Of 2020 By Alilebby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.