Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,431 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi (23723 Views)

PDP Tells Police IG To Reactivate Forgery Case Against Aregbesola / Tinubu, Bisi Akande & Ajimobi Pay Condolence Visit To Aregbesola Over Mum Death / 15 Communities Protest Against Aregbesola Over 'illegal' Land Acquisition(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Aminat508(f): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
Osuwon Omoluabi, a modern gauge for measuring of stuffs in marketplaces in Osun State which was introduced by the administration of Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola was rejected today as representatives of all the market women in the state stormed the state Secretariat in a protest.

The market women especially those dealing with grains and measurable products closed their shops and stormed the popular Olaiya Junction around 11:45 am before they headed to the State House of Assembly to register their grievances.

The angry traders frowned at what they described as imposition of Osunwon Omoluabi measurement scales, vowing to resist any attempt by the state government to compel them into using the scales.

It would be recalled that the state Ministry of Commerce, Cooperative and Empowerment’s task force and compliance officials had on Tuesday, thronged the market to enforce the usage of the measurement scale by the market women especially those dealing with grains and measurable products.

Amiloaded gathered that the women were chanting various anti-government songs to express some marketing policies of the Aregbesola led administration especially as per the usage of the modern scale.

They therefore rejected the new scale and told the state government to instead, produce en-masse, the old scale and ensure full compliance with its usage through strong monitoring team which will prosecute non-compliance by any trader who tampers with such scale, weights and measures.

http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/06/breaking-osun-iyalojas-protest-against.html

1 Share

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Aminat508(f): 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2017

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Destined2win: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
I don't understand, is it that they want to keep cheating people with outdated measuring scales or what?

Evans come and carry your people

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by onatisi(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2017
Destined2win:
I don't understand, is it that they want to keep cheating people with outdated measuring scales or what?

Evans come and carry your people
So market women basis of measurement is suppose to be government top priority for now ,when many months salaries havent been paid? I am sure they intend selling those measures to the poor traders .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Destined2win: 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

So market women basis of measurement is suppose to be government top priority for now ,when many months salaries havent been paid? I am sure they intend selling those measures to the poor traders .
Not paying salaries shouldn't encourage traders ripping people off.Cheating is wrong whether from the government or the market women. They should use the right measuring scales, and the government trying to ensure that it happens isn't a bad idea.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by onatisi(m): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Destined2win:
Not paying salaries shouldn't encourage traders ripping people off.Cheating is wrong whether from the government or the market women. They should use the right measuring scales, and the government trying to ensure that it happens isn't a bad idea.
Noone is complaining. Government has no business in interfering with ppl private business. If a buyer isnt satisfied let the person go to another seller

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by alcmene: 2:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
Pensioners are protesting,

Doctors are protesting,

Teachers are protesting,

Now market women have joined the chorus.

The only state where IDP camp is being set for hungry residents.... no wonder they have all turned human parts dealers to make ends meet.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Homeboiy: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
u too like to dey use logo cover photos u post

well na osun pple know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Destined2win: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

Noone is complaining. Government has no business in interfering with ppl private business. If a buyer isnt satisfied let the person go to another seller
How do you know no one is complaining? I buy foodstuff in the market and know how painful it is if I feel cheated. While I might find it energy and time-consuming to start complaining to the seller, it isn't good at all.

That's why every responsible government should put things in check to ensure that consumers get real value for their money. I am not a fan of AreOnigbese but I give him 8/10 on this particular issue. There might be loopholes in the enforcement though

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by onatisi(m): 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2017
Destined2win:
How do you know no one is complaining? I buy foodstuff in the market and know how painful it is if I feel cheated. While I might find it energy and time-consuming to start complaining to the seller, it isn't good at all.

That's why every responsible government should put things in check to ensure that consumers get real value for their money. I am not a fan of AreOnigbese but I give him 8/10 on this particular issue. There might be loopholes in the enforcement though
Well I don't know the pulse of the society or those living in osun state towards this issue but from the outside view of ppl this will look as less important issue
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2017
Aregbesola is so idle and empty upstairs that he is introducing a measuring scale for market women. Don't Osun have LGA or markets now fall under the purview of state government.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by veekid(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
When you have a jobless governor, wor do u expect? Wetin concern a state Governor with the plastics used for measurements in the market?

4 Likes

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by lollypeezle(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
Aregbesola thinks he is helping the masses forgetting this people are also part of the masses.

Best way is to dialogue, you can't force it on them

1 Like

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Zoolezoo(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
lol
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Anikulhapo(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2017
APC government is anti people, all their Governors​ dey mad
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by lollypeezle(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
I just finished checking Amazon for the size of the brain that will fit your head, but they said i should check Ebay for used one as they have stopped production of the type you used back then
alcmene:

Doctors are protesting,

Teachers are protesting,

The only state where IDP camp is being set for hungry residents.... no wonder they have all turned human parts dealers to make ends meet.

7 Likes

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Masquerade7: 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2017
I see
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by David160(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
undecided
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by kvngblack0z(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
Lol... This people won't kill me.

1 Like

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by chuksanambra: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

Government and law enforcement has no business interfering in fraudulent activities of sellers? Why are you descendants of Judas Iscariot cursed with the spirit of crime and wickedness?

If we were to be in a sane country, you would have been castrated so that you don't reproduce this brand of foolishness.

13 Likes

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by chuksanambra: 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
alcmene:

Doctors are protesting,

Teachers are protesting,

Guys, this is exactly why you shouldn't pour it inside when doing it with an olosho.

Look at how this mistake of a child just disgraced his entire lineage in one paragraph!

10 Likes

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by IgboAmakaa(f): 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
alcmene:

Doctors are protesting,

Teachers are protesting,

u just nailed it

3 Likes

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by liftedhigh: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
E go beta
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Jediel1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Naija which way na, protest no dey tire una undecided undecided

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by evansjeff(m): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
[b][/b]by
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by azimibraun: 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
My comment is not directly related to this topic though. But I. Don't know why Native. Doctor or Councillor Balogun of the Old Village Headmaster always comes to my mind whenever Rauf Aregbesola is mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by LoveJesus87(m): 3:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
E
Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by temitope277(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
onatisi:

do they owe u salaries? Plz dont say wat u dont know

1 Like

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by azimibraun: 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
chuksanambra:

Guys, this is exactly why you shouldn't pour it inside when doing it with an olosho.

Look at how this mistake of a child just disgraced his entire lineage in one paragraph!
If your type supervise person Thesis that person don die... Chai!!! see cancellation of chapter 1 to 3 wey. You just slam dis guy.

1 Like

Re: Osun Iyalojas Protest Against Aregbesola Over Osuwon Omoluabi by Omoluabi16(m): 3:33pm On Jun 22, 2017
For their own good they better accept Omoluabi. Omoluabi will bring higher sales, and higher profit.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eunice Atuejide Slams Donald Duke On Homosexuality / Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria / 2023: South-west Will Produce The Next President Of Nigeria — Ahmad Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.