Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria (6526 Views)

Shehu Sani: Why The North Is Scared Of Restructuring / Buhari Should Begin The Process Of Restructuring To Make Atiku's Slogan Irreleva / Pdp’s Understanding Of Restructuring Nigeria Shallow — APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by marvelife: 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
For sometimes now, have been hearing prominent people in Nigeria clamoring for restructuring here and there.... Poor me I couldn't understand the merits to our country
Can anyone please educate me
Share the advantages and disadvantages to Nigeria Economy.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by gartamanta: 6:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
It just means that the federating units control the resources on their lands and pays the federal Government a percentage unlike system we have now where the Government controls the resources and pays the federating units

Where we all differ in is what the federating units should be.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by 989900: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
Too many propositions: dumb and wise ones alike

Let me park here to read more.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by thesicilian: 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
At the end of the day, what matters most is how the resources are utilized and the checks and balances put in place to prevent mismanagement.
The issue of whether the state, region or federal government controls the resources is just secondary.
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by Ogalanyachieze: 7:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nice question lets debate it first i know our law makers peep into nairaland too
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by marvelife: 8:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Lalasticlala please lets learn from others by doing the needful
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by marvelife: 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
Even seun and mynd44
Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by dsealofGod(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
marvelife:
For sometimes now, have been hearing prominent people in Nigeria clamoring for restructuring here and there.... Poor me I couldn't understand the merits to our country
Can anyone please educate me
Share the advantages and disadvantages to Nigeria Economy.

Restructuring means re-organising, repositioning or re-constituting a body, institution or even a business for better performance.

Nigeria should be restructured in the following areas:
1. Federating units (state government) should control their resources.
2. The Federating units should allocate 13% of their revenue to the federal central govt, against the present structure.
3. States should have and control their own police, as is done in USA.
4. Power generation, distribution should be left in the hands of the Federating units/regions.
5.The federal government should be in charge of currency printing, stabilization and exchange rate control.
6. The education system should be in the hands of the Federating units.
7. Religion should be separated from the state/government.
8. A new constitution should be drafted and implemented.
9. No political office holder should seek medical care abroad.
10. No political office holder should have a private power generating plant.
11. Children of political office holders should be schooled within their states along others' children

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Advantages Of Restructuring And Meaning In Nigeria by aolawale025: 2:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
thesicilian:
At the end of the day, what matters most is how the resources are utilized and the checks and balances put in place to prevent mismanagement.
The issue of whether the state, region or federal government controls the resources is just secondary.

Accountability is greater when states or regions generate what they spend unlike now when they receive handouts and governors feel accountable to abuja not to the people that elected them. That's why some governors received bailouts and helped themselves without even paying workers. And as long as the FG doesn't care or send the efcc they are doing OK no matter what the state citizens say. Just look at kogi. The state assembly was invaded simply because they wanted to probe how bailout funds was spent

(1) (Reply)

Who Noticed The Time Today / Maina: Court Summons Malami, Magu To Testify In Maina’s Trial / Top 5 Performing Governor's Within 100 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.