Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,559 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness (1123 Views)

Agbakoba To Buhari: Apply Ojukwu Aburi Accord & Divide Nigeria Now / "Nnamdi Kanu Is Like Ojukwu Who Fled The Country After Causing Many Deaths" / Bianca Ojukwu Having A Vacation In Cuba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by jeremy85: 8:35am On Jun 08, 2017
Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness

By: Kalu Iloduba

Much as Igbo nation has the inviolable right to self-determination, its agitators, especially latter-day campaigners are damn too messy about the whole affair. It stains us; it goes after the blackmail of the rest of Nigeria; it is after hooliganism approach and it is after eclipsing the last vestige of dignity and honour we have as a people.

But I make haste to say, I still respect the concept of Biafra as initiated and espoused by the late Biafran war-lord, the venerated Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odemegwu Ojukwu prosecuted under a military regime. The candle he lighted in us about Biafra is yet to extinguish, though he also never nicely prosecuted this campaign. When Ojukwu unleashed his thoughtless anger against the Nigerian federation, I was just a growing up boy, somewhere in the darkest aisles of the eastern region.

I suffered; we groaned under pains; endured humiliations, hardships. Like others, i am a victim! I lost my both parents to that unfortunate war and thereafter, I had to face my fate as a child- survivor of the war, lucky enough to escape the bombs and shells of the crossfire on both sides. I grew up under very terrible conditions, like other children of my age. But God has preserved my life among the few to relive the history today. I am most grateful to his mercies.

These are gory experiences unworthy of recollection in details because they can invoke disparate emotions of hate in so many people. It pains me a lot, when I see the mistakes of yesterday, conspicuously and pleasurably repeated with a fanfare today by some Ndi’gbos. It’s unfair, not just to me alone, but to the posterity of the future generations of Igbo nation. I am sad to say the least.

So, sprouting from this pathetic background, I hate with an unquenchable passion, the democratic variants of Biafra in the identity of the likes of Movement For Survival of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) launched by Chief Ralph Uwazuirike. I nurse even a deeper revulsion against its uncivilized armed gangsterism off-shoot, in the colour of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB, propelled by the teenager, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

The platforms for the expression of the desire of our people to have a republic or sovereign state of their own, from 1967 to date, as expressed by some elements in our fold have rather exposed us to ridicule than the fortified concern of a race for independence. It’s difficult for Nigerians nay the international community to decode and discern the genuineness of our intentions or aspirations in tandem with the embedded civility for such successional agitations and legal conventions anywhere, because we often observe them in breach.

But emphatically, the whole world has been forced to see the shameful artificial portrait of Ndi’gbo nation, as only populated by unserious people and unintelligible men and women, who consent to the usurpation of their destiny by idiots, miscreants and selfish people. They milk us dry to distract everybody, as justification for the penny we are compelled to excitedly donate to this “cause.”

To the contrary however, at least, anyone who has had cause to interact with any Igbo man anywhere in the world would easily attest to our endowments in any field of human endeavour. Southeasterners are infectiously intelligent, very industrious and enterprising, assertive and an independent-minded race. These treasures have been wasted in public estimation by the near criminality of MASSOB and IPOB.

If the agitations for a Biafran state are genuine, do they want to tell us, they don’t know where or how to begin? In today’s world, cloaking yourself with a noble cause, but executing it via brigandage or swords and daggers/guns, and also, criminally crippling the economy of the same people you claim heritage, in the guise of severing them from the manacles of oppression and marginalization does not work anywhere. At least, not in Africa, as I know.

The approach of MASSOB and IPOB is a tacit bargaining for their declaration of another civil war against Nigeria and Igbo nation. And take it or discard it, the consequences would just be for the Igbo nation again. I did like to be a governor or minister and even President in a “Biafran” republic.

But arming our people to kill at sight those who do not believe in this aspiration and gruesomely murdering security agents, including soldiers, is an unmistakable invitation for war, a replication of the 1967-70 episodes. That’s not the way to go about it and I am concerned that criminal gangs have paved a path to our doom and we are following and clapping our hands.

Like I said earlier, I still cherish the Ojukwu version of Biafra. He had an honest ideology. Yes, Ojukwu had it! The Ikemba Nnewi exuded the Igbo spirit in body and soul. But he failed to appropriately interpret the events that ushered the counter-coup of 1966 allegedly masterminded by some northern officers. But that is history, for now.

So, Ojukwu gambled his ignorance on the rostrum of vendetta, laced in a personal and I repeat a very personal egoistic battle with Gen. Gowon, the next Head of State of the federal military government of that time after Aguiyi-ironsi. He was blindly fired by the spark of revenge against forces far beyond him.

Ojukwu underrated everything and everybody or community that mattered. Some details are not too good, but late Professor Chinua Achebe recollected in his last book (on Biafra) before death that Ojukwu never consulted widely before declaring a Biafran Republic. To be precise, Ojukwu only consulted two persons from the array of personalities within his demarcated geographical map of Biafra. He went to war with nothing, except his personal ego and executed even his own brothers who he accused of betraying the Biafran agenda.

Therefore, Ojukwu’s Biafra was rejected at home and abroad, resulting into the massacre of Ndi’gbos and subsequently, Ojukwu sneaked into self-imposed exile in Ivory Coast (present day Cote D’ivoire). He never informed anybody, including his immediate commanders. They only surrendered based on discretion, when federal forces rounded them up. Its, really, really a sad history.

Now, the Uwazuirikes and the Kanus of today are desperately pricking us to remember this history, the wrong way again. They are insensibly up in arms against the Federal Government of Nigeria under President Muhammedu Buhari, demanding for a Biafra. IPOB is at the forefront. But has the Ndi’gbo asked Nnamdi Kanu and his clan of agitators, how prepared is the group to launch a secession war against Nigeria?

Kanu has said repeatedly in public that secession is done by force. It means, he must have secretly armed himself, which is quite okay! But, what about the ideological lining of his campaigns? To what extent would he boast of consultations’ with the rest of Igbo nation?

I know leaders of Igbo nation, including Ohaneze Ndi’gbo, Southeast Governors Forum, and some concerned groups in the region have opposed the idea of a Biafra now. So, Kanu and his clique are fronting for who in Igbo nation? That is the dilemma. Ndi’gbo must understand that IPOB’s leader Kanu, is after his stomach and personal enrichment through the deception of gullible Igbo men and women with Biafra agitations. People should ask why MASSOB leader is quiet now?

What is proof of my emphasis? Kanu who was arrested with scores of other pro-IPOB- Biafran adherents was granted bail April 2017. A leader should ordinarily be worried about the fate of his ardent supporters, who suffers the same fate with him. Kanu has addressed rallies, in spite of the court ban; he has waggled himself in the midst of people, several times.

But has Kanu mentioned, even in a private discussions, the fate of our kinsmen still held in detention on account of his selfish pursuit of relevance or argued for their release like him? No! Let him tell the rest of the world, if he has ever done so, even in violation of the court order like he has done for himself!

Meanwhile, Kanu left our brothers in prison custody and legged straight to Femi Fani-Kayode’s (FFK) house to eat amala and ewedu soup. But that’s not the favorite delicacy of the Igbos. Perhaps, he went to the Southwest to curry support. But as usual, he met the wrong person in FFK. Indeed, FFK has been an advocate of IPOB or self-determination agenda generally.

Unfortunately though, I am told, FFK is not a Yoruba man, he is a descendant of slaves from Sierra Leone, whose grandparents were freed aboard a slave ship in Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria and hospitalized. Neither the Yorubas nor anybody else, has permitted FFK to speak or fraternize with anybody about self-determination in Nigeria at their behest. He is a jailbird and still facing charges in court over corruption. That is the hero of our Kanu, against his own brothers still in prison custody.

The way I look at the Kanus of today, just like Ojukwu, who also fled Nigeria, abandoning his captured troops behind, but never forget his Mercedes-Benz ( symbolic of Kanu’s crave for political gains and wealth), after leading many to their untimely graves, Ndi’gbos shall be abandoned again, after a little brat leads us to unfathomed pit of destruction.

We now know why Kanu is so obstinate as to disobey the voice of our elders and leaders. The visit to FFK by Kanu divulges the real identity of the sponsors and if the Yorubas (which FFK is not one) decide to fraternize, it would not be in an alien like FFK. Those who betrayed the Ojukwu- Biafra most were the Yorubas. So, If Kanu’s alliance with FFK is a bargaining chip to attain political positions in the country, on the blood and sweat of Ndi’gbo, I want to assure them that it’s a major gaffe.

The present generation of Igbo youths, indolent and gullible who believe in the fools’ paradise of Biafra, where mansions, private jets, Ferrari cars, like Sen. Melaye and other “good” things would come automatically, without labour to earn the pay, should think twice, before they perish in pain and blood.

I do not intend to belabor the issue, but you can call me names or name me with all sorts of derogative sobriquets. I don’t care. But Biafrans deluded with the corrupted Biblical song of “Seek first, thy Kingdom of Biafra and its independence and all other things shall be added unto them,” are eerily dreaming. That I am a native of Igbo nation does not mean I should support “Biafra ,” in IPOB or MASSOB.

Iloduba is a proud promoter, Igbos for Nigeria Movement [INM] and contributed this piece from Asaba.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by 201320142015ob(m): 8:36am On Jun 08, 2017
You gotta be careful around everyone these days. I was walking down the street at 7:30 yesterday and a guy pulled out a scissors. Luckily I was agile enough to reach into my pocket and pull out a rock. Coz if I had pulled out paper, man I would have lost.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by LegendaryArnold(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Angeleena(m): 8:46am On Jun 08, 2017
observing...

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2017
jeremy85:
[s]Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness

Much as Igbo nation has the inviolable right to self-determination, its agitators, especially latter-day campaigners are damn too messy about the whole affair. It stains us; it goes after the blackmail of the rest of Nigeria; it is after hooliganism approach and it is after eclipsing the last vestige of dignity and honour we have as a people.

But I make haste to say, I still respect the concept of Biafra as initiated and espoused by the late Biafran war-lord, the venerated Ikemba Nnewi, Chief Chukwuemeka Odemegwu Ojukwu prosecuted under a military regime. The candle he lighted in us about Biafra is yet to extinguish, though he also never nicely prosecuted this campaign. When Ojukwu unleashed his thoughtless anger against the Nigerian federation, I was just a growing up boy, somewhere in the darkest aisles of the eastern region.

I suffered; we groaned under pains; endured humiliations, hardships. Like others, i am a victim! I lost my both parents to that unfortunate war and thereafter, I had to face my fate as a child- survivor of the war, lucky enough to escape the bombs and shells of the crossfire on both sides. I grew up under very terrible conditions, like other children of my age. But God has preserved my life among the few to relive the history today. I am most grateful to his mercies.

These are gory experiences unworthy of recollection in details because they can invoke disparate emotions of hate in so many people. It pains me a lot, when I see the mistakes of yesterday, conspicuously and pleasurably repeated with a fanfare today by some Ndi’gbos. It’s unfair, not just to me alone, but to the posterity of the future generations of Igbo nation. I am sad to say the least.

So, sprouting from this pathetic background, I hate with an unquenchable passion, the democratic variants of Biafra in the identity of the likes of Movement For Survival of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) launched by Chief Ralph Uwazuirike. I nurse even a deeper revulsion against its uncivilized armed gangsterism off-shoot, in the colour of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB, propelled by the teenager, Mr. Nnamdi Kanu.

The platforms for the expression of the desire of our people to have a republic or sovereign state of their own, from 1967 to date, as expressed by some elements in our fold have rather exposed us to ridicule than the fortified concern of a race for independence. It’s difficult for Nigerians nay the international community to decode and discern the genuineness of our intentions or aspirations in tandem with the embedded civility for such successional agitations and legal conventions anywhere, because we often observe them in breach.

But emphatically, the whole world has been forced to see the shameful artificial portrait of Ndi’gbo nation, as only populated by unserious people and unintelligible men and women, who consent to the usurpation of their destiny by idiots, miscreants and selfish people. They milk us dry to distract everybody, as justification for the penny we are compelled to excitedly donate to this “cause.”

To the contrary however, at least, anyone who has had cause to interact with any Igbo man anywhere in the world would easily attest to our endowments in any field of human endeavour. Southeasterners are infectiously intelligent, very industrious and enterprising, assertive and an independent-minded race. These treasures have been wasted in public estimation by the near criminality of MASSOB and IPOB.

If the agitations for a Biafran state are genuine, do they want to tell us, they don’t know where or how to begin? In today’s world, cloaking yourself with a noble cause, but executing it via brigandage or swords and daggers/guns, and also, criminally crippling the economy of the same people you claim heritage, in the guise of severing them from the manacles of oppression and marginalization does not work anywhere. At least, not in Africa, as I know.

The approach of MASSOB and IPOB is a tacit bargaining for their declaration of another civil war against Nigeria and Igbo nation. And take it or discard it, the consequences would just be for the Igbo nation again. I did like to be a governor or minister and even President in a “Biafran” republic.

But arming our people to kill at sight those who do not believe in this aspiration and gruesomely murdering security agents, including soldiers, is an unmistakable invitation for war, a replication of the 1967-70 episodes. That’s not the way to go about it and I am concerned that criminal gangs have paved a path to our doom and we are following and clapping our hands.

Like I said earlier, I still cherish the Ojukwu version of Biafra. He had an honest ideology. Yes, Ojukwu had it! The Ikemba Nnewi exuded the Igbo spirit in body and soul. But he failed to appropriately interpret the events that ushered the counter-coup of 1966 allegedly masterminded by some northern officers. But that is history, for now.

So, Ojukwu gambled his ignorance on the rostrum of vendetta, laced in a personal and I repeat a very personal egoistic battle with Gen. Gowon, the next Head of State of the federal military government of that time after Aguiyi-ironsi. He was blindly fired by the spark of revenge against forces far beyond him.

Ojukwu underrated everything and everybody or community that mattered. Some details are not too good, but late Professor Chinua Achebe recollected in his last book (on Biafra) before death that Ojukwu never consulted widely before declaring a Biafran Republic. To be precise, Ojukwu only consulted two persons from the array of personalities within his demarcated geographical map of Biafra. He went to war with nothing, except his personal ego and executed even his own brothers who he accused of betraying the Biafran agenda.

Therefore, Ojukwu’s Biafra was rejected at home and abroad, resulting into the massacre of Ndi’gbos and subsequently, Ojukwu sneaked into self-imposed exile in Ivory Coast (present day Cote D’ivoire). He never informed anybody, including his immediate commanders. They only surrendered based on discretion, when federal forces rounded them up. Its, really, really a sad history.

Now, the Uwazuirikes and the Kanus of today are desperately pricking us to remember this history, the wrong way again. They are insensibly up in arms against the Federal Government of Nigeria under President Muhammedu Buhari, demanding for a Biafra. IPOB is at the forefront. But has the Ndi’gbo asked Nnamdi Kanu and his clan of agitators, how prepared is the group to launch a secession war against Nigeria?

Kanu has said repeatedly in public that secession is done by force. It means, he must have secretly armed himself, which is quite okay! But, what about the ideological lining of his campaigns? To what extent would he boast of consultations’ with the rest of Igbo nation?

I know leaders of Igbo nation, including Ohaneze Ndi’gbo, Southeast Governors Forum, and some concerned groups in the region have opposed the idea of a Biafra now. So, Kanu and his clique are fronting for who in Igbo nation? That is the dilemma. Ndi’gbo must understand that IPOB’s leader Kanu, is after his stomach and personal enrichment through the deception of gullible Igbo men and women with Biafra agitations. People should ask why MASSOB leader is quiet now?

What is proof of my emphasis? Kanu who was arrested with scores of other pro-IPOB- Biafran adherents was granted bail April 2017. A leader should ordinarily be worried about the fate of his ardent supporters, who suffers the same fate with him. Kanu has addressed rallies, in spite of the court ban; he has waggled himself in the midst of people, several times.

But has Kanu mentioned, even in a private discussions, the fate of our kinsmen still held in detention on account of his selfish pursuit of relevance or argued for their release like him? No! Let him tell the rest of the world, if he has ever done so, even in violation of the court order like he has done for himself!

Meanwhile, Kanu left our brothers in prison custody and legged straight to Femi Fani-Kayode’s (FFK) house to eat amala and ewedu soup. But that’s not the favorite delicacy of the Igbos. Perhaps, he went to the Southwest to curry support. But as usual, he met the wrong person in FFK. Indeed, FFK has been an advocate of IPOB or self-determination agenda generally.

Unfortunately though, I am told, FFK is not a Yoruba man, he is a descendant of slaves from Sierra Leone, whose grandparents were freed aboard a slave ship in Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria and hospitalized. Neither the Yorubas nor anybody else, has permitted FFK to speak or fraternize with anybody about self-determination in Nigeria at their behest. He is a jailbird and still facing charges in court over corruption. That is the hero of our Kanu, against his own brothers still in prison custody.

The way I look at the Kanus of today, just like Ojukwu, who also fled Nigeria, abandoning his captured troops behind, but never forget his Mercedes-Benz ( symbolic of Kanu’s crave for political gains and wealth), after leading many to their untimely graves, Ndi’gbos shall be abandoned again, after a little brat leads us to unfathomed pit of destruction.

We now know why Kanu is so obstinate as to disobey the voice of our elders and leaders. The visit to FFK by Kanu divulges the real identity of the sponsors and if the Yorubas (which FFK is not one) decide to fraternize, it would not be in an alien like FFK. Those who betrayed the Ojukwu- Biafra most were the Yorubas. So, If Kanu’s alliance with FFK is a bargaining chip to attain political positions in the country, on the blood and sweat of Ndi’gbo, I want to assure them that it’s a major gaffe.

The present generation of Igbo youths, indolent and gullible who believe in the fools’ paradise of Biafra, where mansions, private jets, Ferrari cars, like Sen. Melaye and other “good” things would come automatically, without labour to earn the pay, should think twice, before they perish in pain and blood.

I do not intend to belabor the issue, but you can call me names or name me with all sorts of derogative sobriquets. I don’t care. But Biafrans deluded with the corrupted Biblical song of “Seek first, thy Kingdom of Biafra and its independence and all other things shall be added unto them,” are eerily dreaming. That I am a native of Igbo nation does not mean I should support “Biafra ,” in IPOB or MASSOB.

Iloduba is a proud promoter, Igbos for Nigeria Movement [INM] and contributed this piece from Asaba[/s].

Afonja sponsored writeup. I told you...when you stat seeing anti Baifraa or Nnamdi Kanu article, know that the agitation has reached a point of no return or failure. Afonjas know this, that's why they are now making last minute ditch effort.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Dycaptain(m): 9:30am On Jun 08, 2017
Every thing the op writes is the truth, the ibos will loose if things continue going like this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by quiverfull(m): 9:40am On Jun 08, 2017
I may not agree with some of the assertions of the writer, but there are some pertinent questions KANU and his supporters need to answer:
1. Are the Igbo's ready to sacrifice their investments and properties not situated within the South Eastern part of Nigeria for this agitation?
2. Are they actually armed and ready to prosecute another war against the Nigerian armed forces?
3. Have they thoroughly "counted the cost" of this war?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Saintsquare(m): 9:42am On Jun 08, 2017
They are coming to attack him grin

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by obialfa: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2017
Efulefu

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by obialfa: 9:48am On Jun 08, 2017
quiverfull:
I may not agree with some of the assertions of the writer, but there are some pertinent questions KANU and his supporters need to answer:
1. Are the Igbo's ready to sacrifice their investments and properties not situated within the South Eastern part of Nigeria for this agitation?
2. Are they actually armed and ready to prosecute another war against the Nigerian armed forces?
3. Have they thoroughly "counted the cost" of this war?

There won't be war.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by suremanpatriot: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2017
...the whole thing is a big scam,perpetrated with propaganda machineries to destabilize by looters in diaspora.
After sacrificing millions of igbos fr 1966,these same lineage of manipulators wants to repeat history by callin for more blood of igbos to be spilled.

THE HANDWRITING IS ON THE WALL ALREADY,HE WHO HAS EARS LET HIM HEAR.

Self-unity is the only solid strength tht brings nationhood. The antecedent of most igbo people is full of divisive character. Many igbos dont have selfunity as virtue,rather they only possess intoxicating arrogance (igbo igbo ewee eze domineering mentality pervade the land )with detasteful greed,envy,wickedness,arrogance and selfishness portrays most igbo man chanting biafra to their annihilation. The diaspora igbos are busy fueling this fraud and facade, and calling it agitation. None of these diaspora igbos can ever come down to fight physically the battle they try to mastermind,rather they brainwash the ignoramus and push them like sheep to perish. My igbo brothers are perishing massively for lack of knowledge...For decades the igbos majorities abandoned the efficacy of education for shop trading,spareparts dealings,hulling containers to junk yards, while they dance to ogene,ijele and nkwokirikwo,ignoring the importance of developing their human faculties for advancement. Who will save the igbos from damnations they are calling for today. GOD HAVE MERCY. embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by tossie101(f): 12:27am On Jul 10, 2017
Angeleena:
observing...

Lol same here oo
Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by obiech(m): 2:04am On Jul 10, 2017
For goodness sake why can't you people understand the differences between referendum and war

This was actually a very good writeup but I stop reading when the op said something about ojukwu carrying his people to war just because for his ego and that he only met with two people before carrying us to war........for goodness sake ojukwu was no god neither was he perfect but he was a typical Igbo.......very prideful......but also very intelligent

Chill for goodness sake do you actually think an Igbo man is like a Hausa man that is willing to just sacrifice his life without due cost that someone can just come and convince to go to war like that and he would stupidly go when knowing that he would certainly just die..

I'm point is that every body knows that one of the reason why ojukwu carried us to war was because of ego but that was only one of the secondary causes of the war for goodness sake what about the pogrom ........what about the aburi accord....or did Gowon himself not promise not to use war as a means to resolve the case.....for goodness sake go and Read about the aburi accord before saying nonsense
There was even a topic opened about it here self
https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute

Because it is obvious you know nothing about anything that happened during the war

You are here saying it is just because of ego ..what about the thousands of Igbo's killed in the north during the pogrom......please just keep shut if you don't know what to write... As if it was not already obvious that Igbo's where no longer welcome in Nigeria before ojukwu declared Biafra or asif the ojukwu you are talking about did not agree too accept Gowon as his leader during the aburi accord if Gowon agreed to implement what was agreed in the conference or is that one also ego or was it ojukwu's fault that Gowon was not as intelligent as he was or that Gowon did not prepare well for the conference.

And also in the book you read I.e there was a country.....please when was it ever said that ojukwu met only two people before decelaraing Biafra or was it not in that same book that it was even mentioned that he was mandated to declare Biafra by the military whatever in the east and traditional rulers

Chill you say you are Igbo ...so tell me with all your pride and love for good things can someone ever actually convince you to go and fight war without weapons ehhh

And yet the whole Eastern region agreed to go and fight this war when the knew that the did not even have weapon so it was more like a suicide missions and yet the fought for three years and you think that it wasn't obvious that that was there only option.
There was even a topic once opened here about CNN documentation about Biafra......... So how hungry the were yet the were steal singing Biafra songs and hailing ojukwu.......or do you really think that Igbo's are actually that foolish that the don't know when someone is fooling them or even KANU ..you actually think that if it becomes obvious that to get Biafra another war must start.....you really think KANU would still have all this his popularity........and yet you really think ojukwu just carried us to war and we just went when we knew that it wasn't our only options.....smh

Or chill self have you ever in this world seen when someone would lose a war and would still be celebrated by the people that he carried to war.................so according to you ojukwu carried us to war because of ego and he is still celebrated to the extent that anambra state university is named after him.......the only reason that agpa has popularity is because of him

Sha you are entitled to your own opinion but free advice don't ever come to the open in east like in Onitsha main market and say this shii

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by OAFMods: 3:06am On Jul 10, 2017
obialfa:

There won't be war.

This is one reason why Ojukwi lost the war. When Igbo are ready to declare succession they should be prepare for any n all eventualities. You might say it will go south n up there to the north it goes. You just have to be ready. Ojukwu never knew army need food to fight a war. Do you know how basic that is ? It is so basic that it is not thought in the NDA but only thought to recruits n warrant officers. How a general does not understand this is still a mystery. Not only that the general was bold enough to declare n demand the enemy he is at war with should be the one to feed him n his army, how pathetic !

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 10, 2017
Ana akogheri. Onye ara.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Dedetwo(m): 3:38am On Jul 10, 2017
jeremy85:
Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness

Iloduba is a proud promoter, Igbos for Nigeria Movement [INM] and contributed this piece from Asaba.

Most moronic ninnies who could not defend an inch of soil on which their dirty feet rested seem to have audacious pedigree to tell Ndigbo who is messy among them. All these waste of times are on the fact Ndigbo wanted out of the cesspit called Nigeria. What an irrelevant fool. As an Igbo man, the only thing regrettable in my life is the association with Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by conductor2: 3:39am On Jul 10, 2017
[s]
Dycaptain:
Every thing the op writes is the truth, the ibos will loose if things continue going like this
[/s]
Abiodun Tunde

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 10, 2017
obialfa:

There won't be war.
At the rate Kanu and his people are going war seems inevitable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Agumbankembu: 6:45am On Jul 10, 2017
GoroTango:
At the rate Kanu and his people are going war seems inevitable

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by omenka(m): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2017
Wow! What more can an intelligent men say.. smiley

Thank God this is coming from a veteran of that war.

Meanwhile, Kanu left our brothers in prison custody and legged straight to Femi Fani-Kayode’s (FFK) house to eat amala and ewedu soup
So Kanu ate amala and "hydraulic soup" too. cheesy

EvilMetahuman, you gotta see this. smiley

Unfortunately though, I am told, FFK is not a Yoruba man, he is a descendant of slaves from Sierra Leone, whose grandparents were freed aboard a slave ship in Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria and hospitalized
No wonder!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2017
omenka:

Benue

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by chimeee: 7:21am On Jul 10, 2017
there Is an extent u will push a goat to the wall and it will start biting, I rather die standing than live on my kneel, all of us will die but once. a dead person will not die again. i pray it won't come to that.
Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by omenka(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2017
Ojukwu underrated everything and everybody or community that mattered. Some details are not too good, but late Professor Chinua Achebe recollected in his last book (on Biafra) before death that Ojukwu never consulted widely before declaring a Biafran Republic. To be precise, Ojukwu only consulted two persons from the array of personalities within his demarcated geographical map of Biafra. He went to war with nothing, except his personal ego and executed even his own brothers who he accused of betraying the Biafran agenda
Good morning Lalasticlala.

Howdy Mynd44? smiley

I know leaders of Igbo nation, including Ohaneze Ndi’gbo, Southeast Governors Forum, and some concerned groups in the region have opposed the idea of a Biafra now. So, Kanu and his clique are fronting for who in Igbo nation? That is the dilemma. Ndi’gbo must understand that IPOB’s leader Kanu, is after his stomach and personal enrichment through the deception of gullible Igbo men and women with Biafra agitations.
smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by chemicalDisease: 7:44am On Jul 10, 2017
omenka:

No wonder!

So u are out of ur hole

you better go back before herdsmen catch u.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by EvilMetahuman: 8:19am On Jul 10, 2017
omenka:

No wonder!
Lmao. As funny as that sounds, it is the hardest truth.

But then, he's talking to the congregation of giant empty flat heads with herds mentality.

Its a complete waste of time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by EvilMetahuman: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2017
new2020:

Afonja sponsored writeup. I told you...when you stat seeing anti Baifraa or Nnamdi Kanu article, know that the agitation has reached a point of no return or failure. Afonjas know this, that's why they are now making last minute ditch effort.
afonja your nightmare.

The same afonja that saved your lord and saviour from dying in prison.

Flat heads will never get sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by ODVanguard: 8:32am On Jul 10, 2017
I am told, FFK is not a Yoruba man, he is a descendant of slaves from Sierra Leone, whose grandparents were freed aboard a slave ship in Badagry, Lagos, Nigeria and hospitalized. Neither the Yorubas nor anybody else, has permitted FFK to speak or fraternize with anybody about self-determination in Nigeria at their behest. He is a jailbird and still facing charges in court over corruption. That is the hero of our Kanu, against his own brothers still in prison custody.

Chai! See finishing. FFK must not see this. shocked

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2017
g
Re: Biafra: Like Ojukwu, Kanu’s Ndi’gbo Messiness by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Rubbish!
Bros your people will have to fight another war against Nigeria in order to secede, that fact is cast in stone. You can agitate all you want, but as long as the Nigerian government controls the state instruments of coercion, it will ultimately boil down to a contest of arms. So better get off cyberspace and go raise an army

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Nigerians Demands To Know The Owners Of The Voices Of That Phone Call / Oxford University Scholar Recommends Jonathan's YOUWIN To Developing Countries / 700 IPOB Members Suspected Cultists Arrested In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.