Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' (1936 Views)

Ihedioha’s Supporters Protest In Owerri, Say "We Want Him Back" / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by aminulive: 10:39am On Jun 08, 2017
The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum(AYCF) has made a u-turn after issuing an Ultimatum to Igbos to leave all 19 northern states. The group has cancelled the deadline stating that 'We are One Nigeria'.

There has been serious tension in the country over the past few days after the 3-month Ultimatum was announced. It also directed that all Northerners in the East should return to the North.

The spokesman of the AYCF, Abdulaziz Suleiman said;

“All northern civil society and pressure groups are by this declaration mandated to mobilise for sustained, coordinated campaigns at their respective State Government Houses, State Houses of Assembly, Local Government Council Secretariats and Traditional Palaces to mount pressure for steps to be taken to ensure enforcement of the directives contained herein.

“The North hereby openly calls on the authorities and other national and international stakeholders to acknowledge this declaration by taking steps to facilitate the final dissolution of this hopeless union that has never been convenient to any of the parties.

”From today, June 6, 2017, when this proclamation is signed, the North, a critical player in the Nigerian project, hereby declares that it will no longer be disposed to coexisting with the Igbos and shall take definite steps to end the partnership by pulling out of the current federal arrangement”

After much pressure and widespread condemnation, On Wednesday, Comrade Yerima Shettima, President, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, and Isaac Balami, Arewa Consultative Forum Congress, appealed to Nigerians not to panic, adding that the country was united and no one was going anywhere.
http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/08/arewa-youth-backtrack-ultimatum-igbos-says-one-nigeria-video/
cc: lalasticlala
video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfwvp1A_QL8

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:47am On Jun 08, 2017
So Actually they went to beg them shocked

2 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Kyase(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2017
AntiIPOOP:
when northern youths talks everyone listen, but when ipob talks only SE almajiris listen. Anybody quote me talk rubbish na swem go strike am

6 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Itimkpataka2: 10:56am On Jun 08, 2017
COWARDS !!!! You and Who is One Nigeria. !

13 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Bossontop(m): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Unbelievable....after all d shout they were shouting upandan
(If dis news is true sha)

3 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by ArmedRobber: 11:09am On Jun 08, 2017
Itimkpataka2:
COWARDS !!!! You and Who is One Nigeria. !
look at this coward why u go beg shettima??

Why re ur leaders crying to security operatives??

I thought igbos re the bravest why can't u face ur fear and leave out zoo securities

6 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by greenermodels: 11:10am On Jun 08, 2017
it's only the elites that want Nigeria's continuous existence, let divide this country peacefully now.

1 Like

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by codedguy1(m): 11:21am On Jun 08, 2017
Nigeria has expired as it is presently structured. We really need to renegotiate our union.

I don't support Biafra, because I Dont think seccession is the right course of action but I will support anything that puts pressure on the present system.

If we revert to true federalism it will even foster better relationships amongst states/regions because we will all depend on each other and very region will take advantage of its comparative advantage to stake a claim.

Our legislatures are the most selfish people in the polity.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Paperwhite(m): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2017
Nigeria must be restructured or divided. Enough of this northern autocracy. God punish una if that threat is not carried out. angry angry Where your own stops nah there another man's own start.Bunch of idiots.One Nigeria my foot. angry

1 Like

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Jabioro: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2017
Who be this one again? Is he representing the main Arewa youth who handed down the ultimatum..?
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by lastmessenger: 11:47am On Jun 08, 2017
ArmedRobber:

I thought igbos re the bravest why can't u face ur fear and leave out zoo securities
guy can you show any evidence that Igbo's cried to security operatives? Is only Igbo's residing in the north with the business and house that may feel a little bit agitated but for those residing in the east, it is a welcome development.
We are Igbo's and we are more united now than ever before. We do not beg anybody, we do not fear and that's why we are everywhere in the country doing business buying lands and building houses. So get the fvck off and get a life.
I for one wishes arewa can have the courage to carry out their traits but unfortunately the do not have the will power knowing fully well the consequences of their action.
Ipob sit at home was a massive success and now they so called arewa think they can mobilize few almajiris to come fight the Igbo's.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Paperwhite(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2017
codedguy1:
Nigeria has expired as it is presently structured. We really need to renegotiate our union.

I don't support Biafra, because I Dont think seccession is the right course of action but I will support anything that puts pressure on the present system.

If we revert to true federalism it will even foster better relationships amongst states/regions because we will all depend on each other and very region will take advantage of its comparative advantage to stake a claim.

Our legislatures are the most selfish people in the polity.
Since we don't want to restructure,then let the region that want to do so go ahead.The present Nigeria state is skewed to unnecessarily favour the core north.Mind you I'm not a Biafran but I believe in their cause.

1 Like

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 08, 2017
Seen
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by codedguy1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Paperwhite:
Since we don't want to restructure,then let the region that want to do so go ahead.The present Nigeria state is skewed to unnecessarily favour the core north.Mind you I'm not a Biafran but I believe in their cause.

Which do you think s easier to achieve.

Secession or restructuring.

A referendum needs to take place for any of these can take place and since the legislooters would not be willing to activate that. We are heading for part 2 of the civil war.

Its avoidable.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by HiddenShadow: 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
See bloody coward masters of Afonjas

The fear of UN Referendum is the beginning of wisdom

IPOB calls for referendum is really resetting peoples brain

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
A welcomed development and a good news. But Igbos should still move back home...
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Unimaginable123: 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2017
AntiIPOOP:
Abeg keep quiet. Beg fire

2 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by conductor3: 12:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
Y
ArmedRobber:

Afonja yes we are the bravest. Show me where a single Igbo man begged your Northern slave masters?

6 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by kernel505: 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
ArmedRobber:

One thing I love my people, they didn't beg, even the governors... they simply started making preparation towards the exodus.

That's what we want, a country of our own.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by fineboynl(m): 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
The mistake of the north was to forcefully remove Gej.

Gej was remove in respective of unprepared northern candidate to replaced him.

There was hatred for Jonathan in the last election that we saw, and just because the north feels its their right to be in power at the time. Jonathan tried everything to pleased the north and the country to allow a second time but they all rejected him, this created much hatred in the South South and East. Tinubu on the other hand capitalized on buhari northern popularity to unseat Jonathan and not because he like buhari, but he was a thief who hope to take easy power from buhari 2019 and that's why he tried to run as vice at all cost.

Even with warnings from Niger Delta to just allowed Jonathan complete 2 teams since it's the first time someone from that region that is bearing the Borden of Nigeria economy.

The IBO's saw the tension at the time and stays on with Jonathan and Nnamdi kalu was making threats on Biafra radio if Jonathan didn't win that Biafra will breakaway I was in east at that time and I listened to kalu threats.

The voting pattern marks the disintegration of Nigeria, it was an eyesaw. Never in the history of Nigeria we had such kind of voting pattern were votes was divided into separate lines. This type of voting pattern always create tension and separatist.

I wish buhari was a wise man he would have a lot of work to do to merged the country back together after that sorry election but no he was showing his body language that he belongs to the north. A militarists and called the other separate voting line 5%.

He would have take Jonathan to his side to bring Jonathan followers closer, but he continued to blame Jonathan government for every failure and degraded Jonathan achievement in the face of Jonathan followers who sees him as hero.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Nwogeh: 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
Lol
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by AntiIPOOP(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Abeg keep quiet. Beg fire
watch the video, the person by the right went for negotiation.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Paperwhite(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
codedguy1:

Which do you think s easier to achieve.

Secession or restructuring.

A referendum needs to take place for any of these can take place and since the legislooters would not be willing to activate that. We are heading for part 2 of the civil war.

Its avoidable.
The leadership of Nigeria including the NASS are not & will never consider any of the two options because they're the sole beneficiaries.The diverse ethnic/regional groups will have to take the bull by the horn either peacefully or by force.Lets not keep postponing the evil days.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Paperwhite(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
mekuzi09:
A welcomed development and a good news. But Igbos should still move back home...
I'm telling you my brother.Remember that is how Gowon from my home state was used as a stooge by the core north into giving Ojukwu a false sense of security in 1966-67.Only for Igbos to return to the north to loose their lives.To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2017
I hope we have all learnt one or two lesson in the last few days...
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by ArmedRobber: 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
conductor3:
Y
Afonja yes we are the bravest. Show me where a single Igbo man begged your Northern slave masters?
watch the video ur answer is theregrin
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by timsTNA: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by muykem: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
They have already made their point. if you must agitate for Biafran then you need to leave our land.

2 Likes

Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by jiinxed: 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
We are not one. The country is nowhere near being united.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
akthedream:
I hope we have all learnt one or two lesson in the last few days...

Tell that to the ipod yoots here who know nothing about the fang of fight talk more of hausa carnage.

Am sure the northern elders swung to action to prevent lose of lives and properties of the Igbos.
You can tell that those Hausa boys who spewed that trash ultimatum where forced to rescind their threats.
Just look at the faces of the boys in the video, they clearly have a 'gun' pointed at them.

Seek peace wherever it is and no matter small...even if its in a zoo.

To be in harmony is better than to be right.
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by HiddenShadow: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
muykem:
They have already made their point. if you must agitate for Biafran then you need to leave our land.

Your useless brothers should have carried out the their threats

UN Referendum around the corner
Re: Video : Northern Youths cancel ultimatum to igbos, Say 'we Are One Nigeria' by conductor3: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
ArmedRobber:
watch the video ur answer is theregrin
SMH. As an afonja, you'd easily swallow anything your northern masters said on a video.

Now, go play with your mates and stop quoting me before I will flog you like ogun masqurade flog their old mama whenever their mama brain is going is haywire grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers APC Captures PDP Heavyweights / I'm Richer Than Dangote -Garba Marafa / Sw/yorubas Should Not Accept New Posts Of Security Chief By Buhari - It's A Ploy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.