Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai (2576 Views)

Charles Idahosa: The North Must Complete Yar’Adua’s Tenure In 2023 / 2023: Tinubu Has Hijacked The Country, North Must Produce Next President – Group / Babachir Lawal: It’s Not Compulsory North Must Cede Power To South In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by ISKANDER14TH: 8:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
- Nigeria has remained tensed since a recent order given by some northern groups asking that Igbos in the region should quit

- A leader in the region, Tanko Yakasai, said even the refusal of the south to allow free grazing of cattle owned by Fulani herdsmen is an infringement

An elderstatesman and leader in the northern part of Nigeria, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, has warned leaders in the region to begin to prepare for the eventual breakup of the country. “I have been having this conviction right from 1953 and my position remains the same till today. But, it will be foolhardy to sit idly by in the face of one agitation after another. “In a period of uncertainty, it is wrong to assume everything is normal. “It is better to have as many options as possible at your disposal. Yakasai said the north must prepare for the future “Even if the need to use any option shall not arise, in the end, you have nothing to lose by being prepared for the unexpected,” Yakasai said. biafrasay.com understands that Yakasai spoke in reaction to the three months ultimatum given by some northern groups to the Igbos inhabiting in the region to leave for their various states in the south-east.

The Punch reports Yakasai as saying the quit notice served to Igbo by northern youths and the refusal by the south to allow free grazing of cattle owned by Fulani herdsmen are unconstitutional. “The quit notice to Igbos by some people in the north and the purported denial of grazing right to Fulani herders in the south are against human rights provisions of the Nigerian constitution, which guaranteed freedom of movement to all Nigerians.” “I read the joint position paper by the Arewa Citizens Action for change. First of all, I believe there is only a Nigerian citizenship, as long as we have a Nigeria. “It is a good beginning, but I think we needed a deeper and more serious extermination of our situation, which I believe is overdue.

“It does not matter whether Nigeria will continue as a single political entity or not. We in the north need to have a kind of master plan for our future and the future of our people. “It is wrong for us to be living in the way we are without any plan for our development for the present and for our future,” he reportedly said. He suggested a meeting should be conveyed for a call to action and with people from different disciplines to discuss how to uplift the society.

[url]Biafrasay.com[/url]
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by Afam4eva(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
There's nothing wrong with fulanis having grazing reserves all over the country as long as they acquire these reserves with their own resources. Afterall they're business men. If Fulanis can have grazing reserves sponsored by the federal government then i don't see why Igbos can't have trading reserves as well.

One of the reasons why a lot of people in the south are averse to grazing reserves is because of the security implications owing to the recent onsurge by some fulani herdsmen. But there are honest fulani men whose sole aim to to go about their duty, so any herdsman who goes about killing people or destroying people's farms should be treated as a criminal.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by BlowBack: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Fck off back to futajalon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by ChimaAdeoye: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
When hasn't the north plotted against Nigeria?

Na today? From 1960, it has been one plot after another to help the north dominate Nigeria completely at the expense of everybody else.

It still has not occurred to them that a Nigeria crafted to only serve the interest of Fulani people cannot survive forever?

Let them keep plotting and planning, and it will keep failing as long as it is planned to use other people's resources to develop Fulani land, while leaving the rest of the country desolate.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by kenny987(f): 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Cattle aren't humans, they don't have human rights. While humans have the right of movement and ownership of businesses, they aren't to exercise those rights to the detriment of other Nigerians. Trespassing and causing havoc is a crime, open grazing is am eyesore!
How can herdsmen drive cattle into schools, scare d children and overtake their classrooms? Is that one a right too?

That said, every region must sit n plan a developmental trajectory they wish to follow. This country as currently constituted is a ticking time bomb.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by okosodo: 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
I was correct when i said that the useless northern elders sent their boys to make that suicidal statement. Suisidal because they would not survive it. God wants to really punish them now

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by DrGoodman: 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2017
Abi
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by ISKANDER14TH: 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hmmmm so cow now have human right so says arewa clown

1 Like

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by kingzizzy: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
The funny thing I find is that when the North talks about seceding, all those who shout 'one Nigeria' when they hear Biafra will suddenly keep quiet

You people want 'one Nigeria'? How many of you are willing to go to war with the North to keep them in Nigeria?

Its when they see Igbos thst they suddenly remember we are all one!

Jockers and hypocrites everywhere

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by pazienza(m): 10:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
kingzizzy:
The funny thing I find is that when the North talks about seceding, all those who shout 'one Nigeria' when they hear Biafra will suddenly keep quiet

You people want 'one Nigeria'? How many of you are willing to go to war with the North to keep them in Nigeria?

Maybe it's because they know that when. the North say they want to leave Nigeria, they don't really mean it, but when Igbo say same, we really mean it, we have Biafran war to show for it!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by modik(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
kingzizzy:

God bless you bro kiss kiss

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by malton: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
This old man again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
Let the northerners prepare. My yoruba people should also prepare for what is to come.

2 Likes

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:07am On Jun 09, 2017
pazienza:

Maybe it's because they know that when. the North say they want to leave Nigeria, they don't really mean it, but when Igbo say same, we really mean it, we have Biafran war to show for it!

Nonsense, quite the opposite; Igbos been settling and enjoying in most parts of the country while at the same saying they don't want Nigeria; they didn't just stop there but have continuously insulted and abused northerners as parasites for wanting and needing One Nigeria the most; now that northerners have had enough, they are saying ok go; pack out of our region, we don't need or want you anymore - so what are you Igbos waiting for? Just pack out and leave, shikenan. angry angry

1 Like

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by Duru1(m): 4:19am On Jun 09, 2017
ISKANDER14TH:
- Nigeria has remained tensed since a recent order given by some northern groups asking that Igbos in the region should quit

- A leader in the region, Tanko Yakasai, said even the refusal of the south to allow free grazing of cattle owned by Fulani herdsmen is an infringement

An elderstatesman and leader in the northern part of Nigeria, Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, has warned leaders in the region to begin to prepare for the eventual breakup of the country. “I have been having this conviction right from 1953 and my position remains the same till today. But, it will be foolhardy to sit idly by in the face of one agitation after another. “In a period of uncertainty, it is wrong to assume everything is normal. “It is better to have as many options as possible at your disposal. Yakasai said the north must prepare for the future “Even if the need to use any option shall not arise, in the end, you have nothing to lose by being prepared for the unexpected,” Yakasai said. biafrasay.com understands that Yakasai spoke in reaction to the three months ultimatum given by some northern groups to the Igbos inhabiting in the region to leave for their various states in the south-east.

The Punch reports Yakasai as saying the quit notice served to Igbo by northern youths and the refusal by the south to allow free grazing of cattle owned by Fulani herdsmen are unconstitutional. “The quit notice to Igbos by some people in the north and the purported denial of grazing right to Fulani herders in the south are against human rights provisions of the Nigerian constitution, which guaranteed freedom of movement to all Nigerians.” “I read the joint position paper by the Arewa Citizens Action for change. First of all, I believe there is only a Nigerian citizenship, as long as we have a Nigeria. “It is a good beginning, but I think we needed a deeper and more serious extermination of our situation, which I believe is overdue.

“It does not matter whether Nigeria will continue as a single political entity or not. We in the north need to have a kind of master plan for our future and the future of our people. “It is wrong for us to be living in the way we are without any plan for our development for the present and for our future,” he reportedly said. He suggested a meeting should be conveyed for a call to action and with people from different disciplines to discuss how to uplift the society.

[url]Biafrasay.com[/url]

The is arrant nonsense. If free grazing of cattle is allowed, the northern states should allowed free farming of crops to the agrarian groups from the south. It is idiocy to equate a quit notice given by misinformed youths from northern region of Nigeria to Ndigbo residing in the north to the refusal of a procedural regulation by the government.

4 Likes

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by sanandreas(m): 5:17am On Jun 09, 2017
The South South should use this opportunity to also call for her own referendum. Our lands are not meant for grazing. The fulanis have caused so much havoc to lives and properties. A good thing, the bridge is falling down. They can graze in arid North.

3 Likes

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by inkzpatty(m): 6:09am On Jun 09, 2017
kingzizzy:

what is this öne saying ?
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by kocvalour(m): 7:14am On Jun 09, 2017
k
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by kanayoNickel: 7:42am On Jun 09, 2017
The happiest day of my existence will be when the Northern elders , coming out of a forum, agrees that FG should let Biafra go.

Infact they are the only ones who can actually fastrack this whole agitation.

I wish to see BIAFRA in my lifetime
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by lenghtinny(m): 7:46am On Jun 09, 2017
That Yakassai talks as if he is some Supreme leader or something..
Scumbags like him are the reason Nigeria is not moving forward. Always heating up the polity with myopic statements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by ajebuter(f): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2017
At least, one slightly sane voice from the north has realised that balkanization of Nigeria is inevitable...

We may postpone it for another 50years but it is unavoidably inevitable that one Nigeria will soon be history..
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by macolino(m): 7:51am On Jun 09, 2017
Nobody asked the Northerners to quit from the south, Northerners are doing doing businesses without any threats but the only reason the southerners rejected the grazing bill is because of stupid behavior of these herds men.. They just enter your farm and destroy your crops and also kill you top.. This man should not twist this matter.
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by orunto27: 7:57am On Jun 09, 2017
This is Yakailliterate and a Rebel-statesman. Can't he read the Emir of Kano and know the type and kind of modern Nigerians we are craving for?
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by mega411(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2017
ItsMeAboki:

Nonsense, quite the opposite; Igbos been settling and enjoying in most parts of the country while at the same saying they don't want Nigeria; they didn't just stop there but have continuously insulted and abused northerners as parasites for wanting and needing One Nigeria the most; now that northerners have had enough, they are saying ok go; pack out of our region, we don't need or want you anymore - so what are you Igbos waiting for? Just pack out and leave, shikenan. angry angry
Asking the igbos to vacate the north is unconstitutional as long as Nigeria still exist as one political entity, it does not matter what manner of insults the igbos has thrown at the northerners, and the fact that the grazing bill was rejected is as a result of the behaviour of these herdsmen, which is really nothing to write home about, it has nothing to do with the agitation of the igbo people for the secession of Nigeria. If Nigeria constitution stipulates that every Nigerian reserves the right to free movement and legal business activities across Nigeria, and a group of northerners directly go against this constitution; this should be treated as declaration of war against Nigeria not against the igbos.
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by Kemperor: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2017
BlowBack:
Fck off back to futajalon

Sorry but u meant Turtoga
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by HiddenShadow: 9:00am On Jun 09, 2017
Afam4eva:
There's nothing wrong with fulanis having grazing reserves all over the country as long as they acquire these reserves with their own resources. Afterall they're business men. If Fulanis can have grazing reserves sponsored by the federal government then i don't see why Igbos can't have trading reserves as well.

One of the reasons why a lot of people in the south are averse to grazing reserves is because of the security implications owing to the recent onsurge by some fulani herdsmen. But there are honest fulani men whose sole aim to to go about their duty, so any herdsman who goes about killing people or destroying people's farms should be treated as a criminal.

They will be no grazing reserve in any part of Biafran territory

They have enough land up North for their cattle

2 Likes

Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by tinkinjow: 9:01am On Jun 09, 2017
kingzizzy:

I think this question be directed at the Osibade the war monger
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by johnmark1234(m): 10:17am On Jun 09, 2017
He is saying you should fight for your country ODUDUWA. Don't be a coward .
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by saidutal(m): 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
kanayoNickel:
The happiest day of my existence will be when the Northern elders , coming out of a forum, agrees that FG should let Biafra go.

Infact they are the only ones who can actually fastrack this whole agitation.

I wish to see BIAFRA in my lifetime
such a cowardise statement, das means u believe only northerners can grant u what ur elders failed to
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by saidutal(m): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2017
mega411:
Asking the igbos to vacate the north is unconstitutional as long as Nigeria still exist as one political entity, it does not matter what manner of insults the igbos has thrown at the northerners, and the fact that the grazing bill was rejected is as a result of the behaviour of these herdsmen, which is really nothing to write home about, it has nothing to do with the agitation of the igbo people for the secession of Nigeria. If Nigeria constitution stipulates that every Nigerian reserves the right to free movement and legal business activities across Nigeria, and a group of northerners directly go against this constitution; this should be treated as declaration of war against Nigeria not against the igbos.
no more grazing in d southern region cos of there behavior, but armrobbers are constitutionally allowed to stay in d north right?
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by Beremx(f): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
I waiting for Emir of Kano to talk his own in this matter.
Re: What The North Must Do In Preparation For Separation - Yakasai by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2017
mega411:

Abeg go park one side, so soliciting for money to buy arms and ammunition to wage war against Nigeria by Kanu/IPOB is constitutional; is openly threatening harm via Radio Biafra and other social media platforms against northerners/Hausa-Fulani constitutional?
You Igbos are saying you do not want to be part of Nigeria, insulting and abusing ppl left,right and centre; while being the biggest beneficiaries of One Nigeria as economic refugees all over other parts of the country, including the north; northerners having been pushed to the wall are therefore now saying ok, have your way, pack out and go - so what are you ppl waiting?
Make una comot maza maza we no want do again, is that clear? angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Video: Nnamdi Kanu Speaks, Says Bayelsa Not South-south But Biafran / Hostility Towards Caucasians / BREAKING: Governor Wike In Fresh Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.