Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State (9507 Views)

Dino Melaye Storms Olamaboro And Omala LGA In Kogi (Video) / Ogbeni Aregbesola Visits Alimosho LGA In Lagos. PICTURES. / The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 9:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Deleted
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by DaniDani(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Honestly speaking, I feel for the people of Oyigbo. Sometimes I wonder if they are part of Rivers State. Oyibo is very close to PH and should have commensurate development with PH city but reverse is the case. And my greatest amazement is that both Amaechi and Wike are from Igbo speaking Rivers State which shares cultural affinity and other things in common with Oyibo but they neglected Oyibo like FG is neglecting we Igbos, their common enemies. It baffles me a lot.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by joeprince23(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
DaniDani:
Honestly speaking, I feel for the people of Oyigbo. Sometimes I wonder if they are part of Rivers State. Oyibo is very close to PH and should have commensurate development with PH city but reverse is the case. And my greatest amazement is that both Amaechi and Wike are from Igbo speaking Rivers State which shares cultural affinity and other things in common with Oyibo but they neglected Oyibo like FG is neglecting we Igbos, their common enemies. It baffles me a lot.
as an oyigbo son, i think rivers state govt have failed us ndoki/asa people. that port hacourt toll gate at iriebe should be relocated to oyigbo xpress cause we are the cash cow of this state

amarabae abeg come o,this one concern us oyigbo people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by joeprince23(m): 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2017
oyigbo is the 3rd most populous lga in rivers after obio akpo and phalga and also the second highest oil producing lga after onelga... ndoki umu asa obigbo amaka

pictures below are roads in my lga OYILGA (oyigbo lga)

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Super1Star: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
Obigbo was for the Igbos, Oyigbo is for the Okrikas or Ikwerres.

Unfortunately Obigbo is gone forever, Oyigbo replaced Obigbo.

The history and ownership of the Igbo of the town has been wiped off just by merely replacing "b" with "y".

Lmaoooooooooo

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by kingzizzy: 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Chei! Look at a refuse heap in a school in Igbo land! We Igbos have suffered! Wike should do something!
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Customer80: 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2017
Super1Star:

The history and ownership of the Igbo of the town has been wiped off just by merely replacing "b" with "y".

Lmaoooooooooo
but there's no emir at Obigbo shocked grin cheesy

22 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by GrandGarcon: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
WTF is Oyigbo, it is obigbo.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by joeprince23(m): 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
Oyivgr:
As shared by Nocase Ugo on facebook
"The refuse heap at the central school should be removed with immediate effect. If not for any other reason, the health of the pupils in that school should be considered."
are u from oyigbo?
if yes then are u asa ihueze or ikobo
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Candoit: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2017
Ask ur oyigbo leaders.
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by IJOBA2: 12:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Customer80:
grin
Customer80:
UPPERCUT

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by IJOBA2: 12:16am On Jun 09, 2017
Super1Star:

Lmaoooooooooo
AFONJA MUSLIMS ARE JUST USING YOU sad

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Super1Star: 12:44am On Jun 09, 2017
IJOBA2:
AFONJA MUSLIMS ARE JUST USING YOU sad

JUDAIC IGBOS ARE SUBJUGATING YOU IGBO XTIANS.

SMH.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 6:50am On Jun 09, 2017
DaniDani:
Its really a sad development.
Though some say its as a result of the LGA not being politically relevant as most Ibos who cannot survive the cost of PH live in Oyigbo and never useful during elections hence leave the Ndoki /Asa and few non indegiens to vote hence the low turnout during elections. That could be one others say its the lack of agreement between the Ndoki and Asa hence always trying to undo the other the state in turn takes advantage to just abandon the LGA.
They say developing the area is like developing a place the IBO non indegiens have found to settle outside pH as the rurals are few,yet the locals have found a way to ensure the Ibos never contests in an election there which is a historical achievement
This is an LGA this is said to produce about 25% of the revenue of the state,yet no single road or project from 1999,all the roads they try to patch don't last 6 months.
Do you know the state under the former governor said the main roads are under NDDC,and one would ask how come then what about the streets.Roads marked and budgeted since 1999 has not been done.
There is the argument that in the 2017 budget Oyigbo with its oil and revenue to state doesn't not have up to 200M budgeted in the over 300Billion budget then one would even say OK can they at least come and use this 200M even if its to fix some roads,supply drugs to an healthcare centre and build toilet for primary schools at least. Yet this people have remained peaceful.
Some areas are with no light for months as transformers are bad despite having Adam power plant,yet the Oyigbo people pay bills more than the entire yenagoa in Bayelsa.
No single Oyigbo indegien work at any of the flow stations as anything more than a security yet there are graduates from State University and the Polytechnic every year.
Go to Onelga Elf was employing engineering graduates.Mobile reserves host community slots each recruitment to graduates of Akwa Ibom who are trained for 18months.
Yes one tribe amongst the two finds a way to benefit in all of this,stay relevant and occupy all political positions rather than work together and respect the old agreement that ensured development for both sides and help build state players, others wanted power for themselves and their families only

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 7:00am On Jun 09, 2017
Candoit:
Ask ur oyigbo leaders.
The story of Oyigbo has been case of tribal dominance by one tribe,gangup by other LGAs (in 2nd republic there were Oyigbo 1 and 2 when Bayelsa and Rivers were together in the state Aseembly now its just 1),accommodation of Ibos who have no desire for the development rather interested in obtaining the identification letters through corrupt LGA chairmen and being more educated search and obtain jobs in the state meant for the rurals(in 1999 the state polytechnic had to ensure you attend an interview with the Director security before Oyigbo Identification can be accepted with an Old Ndoki man who has lived over 40years in Bori in attendance to question you).
In all of these lack of single development, the LGA has no history of violence,just like one fair skin Ogoni community in boundary of Oyigbo and Tai called Ba Goi, they have never protested the neglect,you will drive through and you wonder how did they go wrong
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by DaniDani(m): 7:04am On Jun 09, 2017
Oyivgr:

Its really a sad development.
Though some say its as a result of the LGA not being politically relevant as most Ibos who cannot survive the cost of PH live in Oyigbo and never useful during elections hence leave the Ndoki /Asa and few non indegiens to vote hence the low turnout during elections. That could be one others say its the lack of agreement between the Ndoki and Asa hence always trying to undo the other the state in turn takes advantage to just abandon the LGA.
They say developing the area is like developing a place the IBO non indegiens have found to settle outside pH as the rurals are few,yet the locals have found a way to ensure the Ibos never contests in an election there which is a historical achievement
This is an LGA this is said to produce about 25% of the revenue of the state,yet no single road or project from 1999,all the roads they try to patch don't last 6 months.
Do you know the state under the former governor said the main roads are under NDDC,and one would ask how come then what about the streets.Roads marked and budgeted since 1999 has not been done.
There is the argument that in the 2017 budget Oyigbo with its oil and revenue to state doesn't not have up to 200M budgeted in the over 300Billion budget then one would even say OK can they at least come and use this 200M even if its to fix some roads,supply drugs to an healthcare centre and build toilet for primary schools at least. Yet this people have remained peaceful.
Some areas are with no light for months as transformers are bad despite having Adam power plant,yet the Oyigbo people pay bills more than the entire yenagoa in Bayelsa.
No single Oyigbo indegien work at any of the flow stations as anything more than a security yet there are graduates from State University and the Polytechnic every year.
Go to Onelga Elf was employing engineering graduates.Mobile reserves host community slots each recruitment to graduates of Akwa Ibom who are trained for 18months.
Yes one tribe amongst the two finds a way to benefit in all of this,stay relevant and occupy all political positions rather than work together and respect the old agreement that ensured development for both sides and help build state players, others wanted power for themselves and their families only

This is very bad. I think Oyigbo people need to organize themselves and speak with one voice and press their demand. The truth is that they can never attract govt project and policies if they sit down and watch without protests, petitions, and creating interest groups and associations. Let me ask, don't Oyigbo people have house of rep member (s) or state House of assembly members or senator. It is high time they should start fronting for top political posts in their zone for them to attract development. Nevertheless, it is evil on the part of dominant Ikweres to treat Oyibos with negligence.
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 7:10am On Jun 09, 2017
joeprince23:
are u from oyigbo?
if yes then are u asa ihueze or ikobo
I rather leave the history of Oyigbo for another day.
The rurals know,the funniest is in Oyigbo the three clans have no detailed history of each other ,like they don't even know or their father's refuse to tell them.
The relegation suffered by the LGA has always been as a result of these fights within and betrayals. Everyone wants to be LGA chairman.
Presently the dirty collection is under a company said to belong to a state PDP chieftain,can you imagine if like is done in Lagos if 23 companies instead of 1 is allowed to collect dirty.It will create jobs and create cleaner environment
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Nightwolf1: 7:20am On Jun 09, 2017
Obigbo has been abandoned by successive govt in rivers state which in no way can be justified by anyone that knows how economically important it is to rivers state.

From boske along express road towards toll gate is completely bad not to mention other areas in obigbo.

When it rains from eleme junction to iriebe is almost 2 hours drive and I begin to imagine what the state govt is doing about present condition of road network in and around obigbo.

Well, I'm beginning to think the Igbo factor.
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 7:25am On Jun 09, 2017
DaniDani:

This is very bad. I think Oyigbo people need to organize themselves and speak with one voice and press their demand. The truth is that they can never attract govt project and policies if they sit down and watch without protests, petitions, and creating interest groups and associations. Let me ask, don't Oyigbo people have house of rep member (s) or state House of assembly members or senator. It is high time they should start fronting for top political posts in their zone for them to attract development. Nevertheless, it is evil on the part of dominant Ikweres to treat Oyibos with negligence.
Oyigbo share federal constituency for reps with Tai and Eleme,Tai and Eleme always find a way to gang up and produce a candidate,Oyigbo residents don't vote and where they vote they produce as low as 11,000 which is shared with the Opposition. There is a house of assembly member but always gets to the house realize he is the minority of minority in the 23 LGA of a house with 32 members where some LGA have 2 members,he sits down and takes silently what is even allowed to get to him but if he can even bring his constituency project home that would be good instead he becomes an authority and want to be Lord over the LGA then the fight begins as it is presently rather than work with the others.
Oyigbo people do not have the mind for protests against external parties like state or struggle for anything including can't even get Shell to sign MOU but have to write against their own brothers; what marvels everyone is refusal of the state to do any single project since 1999.Yes 1999-2003 they said its because the LGA was APP not PDP
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 7:41am On Jun 09, 2017
Nightwolf1:
Obigbo has been abandoned by successive govt in rivers state which in no way can be justified by anyone that knows how economically important it is to rivers state.

From boske along express road towards toll gate is completely bad not to mention other areas in obigbo.

When it rains from eleme junction to iriebe is almost 2 hours drive and I begin to imagine what the state govt is doing about present condition of road network in and around obigbo.

Well, I'm beginning to think the Igbo factor.
You know the Ogonis fought to take Oyigbo, until Abacha intervened.They were so interested in the land no one knew why,when military saved it and allowed the core rurals stay protected. While Ibo settlers now claim the place for just because the locals allowed them buy lands,Ogonis claim Oyigbo means my friend,some say they were more interested in the Afam which houses the power plant.Do u know its same OPL 11 serves as the marginal field for Ogoni and Oyigbo oil.Belema Oil promised to use 10% of their profit to develop the communities if allowed to operate the wells but not heard anything since.Rurals in turn sold lands to Ibos as that was the only way development could come that opened the place,then the Ogonis went to Amaechi to request all politicians in Oyigbo to bring their primary school certificates and confirm that they all schooled in Abia,forgeting that Oyigbo share boundry with Abia and Akwa Ibom infact there was a toll gate to enter pH parents naturally sent their kids to schools around which was Abia (presently Asa people don't marry from a community in Abia due to that history cannot trace which exact family that left to settle there) hence both Ndoki and Asa have kins in small communities in Abia boundry.
How long this will continue no one can tell, yes the IBO settlers are increasing but the Asa and Ndoki have successfully ensured they don't ever come near power but since Oyigbo like Eleme refused to accept to pay loyalty to Ogonis maybe its the prize.
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Nightwolf1: 7:51am On Jun 09, 2017
Oyivgr:

You know the Ogonis fought to take Oyigbo, until Abacha intervened.They were so interested in the land no one knew why,when military saved it and allowed the core rurals stay protected. While Ibo settlers now claim the place for just because the locals allowed them buy lands,Ogonis claim Oyigbo means my friend,some say they were more interested in the Afam which houses the power plant.Do u know its same OPL 11 serves as the marginal field for Ogoni and Oyigbo oil.Belema Oil promised to use 10% of their profit to develop the communities if allowed to operate the wells but not heard anything since.Rurals in turn sold lands to Ibos as that was the only way development could come that opened the place,then the Ogonis went to Amaechi to request all politicians in Oyigbo to bring their primary school certificates and confirm that they all schooled in Abia,forgeting that Oyigbo share boundry with Abia and Akwa Ibom infact there was a toll gate to enter pH parents naturally sent their kids to schools around which was Abia (presently Asa people don't marry from a community in Abia due to that history cannot trace which exact family that left to settle there) hence both Ndoki and Asa have kins in small communities in Abia boundry.
How long this will continue no one can tell, yes the IBO settlers are increasing but the Asa and Ndoki have successfully ensured they don't ever come near power but since Oyigbo like Eleme refused to accept to pay loyalty to Ogonis maybe its the prize.

Asa and ndoki are igbos are u aware?
And who are the locals before Igbo settlers arrive?

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by joeprince23(m): 7:53am On Jun 09, 2017
Oyivgr:

The story of Oyigbo has been case of tribal dominance by one tribe,gangup by other LGAs (in 2nd republic there were Oyigbo 1 and 2 when Bayelsa and Rivers were together in the state Aseembly now its just 1),accommodation of Ibos who have no desire for the development rather interested in obtaining the identification letters through corrupt LGA chairmen and being more educated search and obtain jobs in the state meant for the rurals(in 1999 the state polytechnic had to ensure you attend an interview with the Director security before Oyigbo Identification can be accepted with an Old Ndoki man who has lived over 40years in Bori in attendance to question you).
In all of these lack of single development, the LGA has no history of violence,just like one fair skin Ogoni community in boundary of Oyigbo and Tai called Ba Goi, they have never protested the neglect,you will drive through and you wonder how did they go wrong
what u are doing now is part of our problem in oyilga(sectarianism). asa people need to work with us to move oyigbo forward,obio/akpo is using non idigenes to their advantange and you are here complaining about non indigene.
former ctc chair was a relation of mine and i knw how it goes,if ndi asa accepts non indigene votes then oyigbo will be aa strong force in oyigbo/eleme/tai fed constituency. we ndoki are brothers with asa so stop playing politics with every thing.

MIND U OYILGA IS THE MOST PEACEFULL LGA IN RIVERS!! NDOKI and ASA wu nwanne

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 7:56am On Jun 09, 2017
joeprince23:
as an oyigbo son, i think rivers state govt have failed us ndoki/asa people. that port hacourt toll gate at iriebe should be relocated to oyigbo xpress cause we are the cash cow of this state

amarabae abeg come o,this one concern us oyigbo people
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by joeprince23(m): 8:03am On Jun 09, 2017
Oyivgr:

i am very dissappointed in your assertions,if people like you dont change their attitude oyigbo will continue to be underdogs politically. i have always maintained that our strenght lies in enfranchising non indigene in our land,etche is doing it and oyigbo should emulate...
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2017
joeprince23:
what u are doing now is part of our problem in oyilga(sectarianism). asa people need to work with us to move oyigbo forward,obio/akpo is using non idigenes to their advantange and you are here complaining about non indigene.
former ctc chair was a relation of mine and i knw how it goes,if ndi asa accepts non indigene votes then oyigbo will be aa strong force in oyigbo/eleme/tai fed constituency. we ndoki are brothers with asa so stop playing politics with every thing.

MIND U OYILGA IS THE MOST PEACEFULL LGA IN RIVERS!! NDOKI and ASA wu nwanne
Here we go,not taking sides with Asa people. Ndokis are Administrator Greater PH,commissioner for Commerce and Industry,LGA Chairman, first class chief who joins to meet shell every time and member house of Assembly in charge of agriculture committee,what has these guys brought to the LGA?I never said the non indegiens votes are not needed infact the LGA needs it most but they never vote and the LGA votes seem like nothing to the state.Can you imagine if the LGA has 70,000 votes they will be respected but they deliver 11,000 PDP takes 6k APC 6k.who will look at such LGA with seriousness when Obio Akpor pulls more.Each year while non indegiens don't contest in Oyigbo,they are the bulk financiers of each person whoever wins,do you know?
My point is the Asa people are voiceless,how do you want them again to work with you when you occupy everything and decide everything.Those dirty shared by this young man do you want him to go and buy shovel so it means he is working with you? Understand my point,how is calling for government appointees to work playing politics.OK my post is a problem,yours that you want not just occupying all LGA position without clearing dirty by schools you also want to be governor is not a problem right?
Its sad,this is actually the problem, I am asking the state to give the LGA company contract to clear dirty if they will not allow the LGA do it you feel its bad,now I understand
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Jabioro: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2017
IJOBA2:
;DUPPERCUT
..and below the belt punch..
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2017
joeprince23:
i am very dissappointed in your assertions,if people like you dont change their attitude oyigbo will continue to be underdogs politically. i have always maintained that our strenght lies in enfranchising non indigene in our land,etche is doing it and oyigbo should emulate...
No one says settlers shouldn't vote,maybe you misunderstood me but I am of the opinion that leaders need to engage the settlers to be more active but how can they do that?
I have gone to the UN farmers intervention project headed by one Bassey to see how his project which ends next year can help Oyigbo LGA registered farmers,and modalities are being worked out as local farmers are outside this present scope.There are some immunizations that are not in the LGA that it was even last yeat it got to Bayelsa, have been trying to get an appointment with a foundation to see how they can intervene for Oyigbo amongst others,I am a private person;what have you done for the LGA in your capacity?
These figthings amongst tribes needs to stop,agreements of rotation of positions needs to be respected.Non indegiens needs to be engaged more to vote and be available for census.The LGA is PDP now yet several camps with non showing any interest for the development only want to decide who has power to appoint people. I apologize if u feel I went tribal was just trying to build what's happening and didn't even know why u should seem offended
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by joeprince23(m): 8:26am On Jun 09, 2017
Oyivgr:

Here we go,not taking sides with Asa people. Ndokis are Administrator Greater PH,commissioner for Commerce and Industry,LGA Chairman, first class chief who joins to meet shell every time and member house of Assembly in charge of agriculture committee,what has these guys brought to the LGA?I never said the non indegiens votes are not needed infact the LGA needs it most but they never vote and the LGA votes seem like nothing to the state.Can you imagine if the LGA has 70,000 votes they will be respected but they deliver 11,000 PDP takes 6k APC 6k.who will look at such LGA with seriousness when Obio Akpor pulls more.Each year while non indegiens don't contest in Oyigbo,they are the bulk financiers of each person whoever wins,do you know?
My point is the Asa people are voiceless,how do you want them again to work with you when you occupy everything and decide everything.Those dirty shared by this young man do you want him to go and buy shovel so it means he is working with you? Understand my point,how is calling for government appointees to work playing politics.OK my post is a problem,yours that you want not just occupying all LGA position without clearing dirty by schools you also want to be governor is not a problem right?
Its sad,this is actually the problem, I am asking the state to give the LGA company contract to clear dirty if they will not allow the LGA do it you feel its bad,now I understand
ass oyigbo people i hate washing our dirty linen outside but u are forcing me to,puting all blames on ndoki forgeting we played major role during amaechi tenure in ensuring oyigbo being part of greater PH,infact asa have undermined oyigbo severally including the infamous one in spiff diette regime...
politicians are after their personal gain and wont mind causing divisions during their quest for power.
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 8:36am On Jun 09, 2017
joeprince23:
ass oyigbo people i hate washing our dirty linen outside but u are forcing me to,puting all blames on ndoki forgeting we played major role during amaechi tenure in ensuring oyigbo being part of greater PH,infact asa have undermined oyigbo severally including the infamous one in spiff diette regime...
politicians are after their personal gain and wont mind causing divisions during their quest for power.
You keep getting me wrong dear,the essence of this was though I feel the state neglects the LGA ,the LGA leaders are not trying at all.its like a case of Kaduna South with GMD NNPC Ministers,deputy governor yet no development or attraction of industries except Nigerian breweries and coca cola,can you imagine that.
My friend who is a doctor had to go buy vaccines and took it to the LGA early 2000 before Oyigbo saw vaccines which were free by UN. In Oyigbo most private hospitals are complimentary care centres who aren't supposed to take births or surgeries but admit people,pls tell me which hospital is in any of the Okobo/Ihueze land? what's the distance from Oyigbo to BMH or other standard hospital.Last year a woman lost her 7months pregnancy she almost died and was referred to PH,imagine what women are exposed to. Results you can get instantly or 2hours come in weeks and each time there is a strike at those hospitals even patients on pipes are discharged,Oyigbo residents and many have to go to expensive private hospitals. The LGA went once to build a market in partnership with a bank once though was finally given to the elites and non indegiens had to take a casket to the entrance,why not an hospital too? Irrespective of the clan in power at least let the interest of the LGA come first;will this be too much to ask?
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 8:55am On Jun 09, 2017
Nightwolf1:

Asa and ndoki are igbos are u aware?
And who are the locals before Igbo settlers arrive?
While I don't want this thread turning into this twist I can do with little education, you can tell me who the settlers were with dates with dates not just newspaper articles of people between 1992 and now.
Yes my parents were born before 1920 and their great grand parents were real sons of Oyigbo who were Ndoki and Asa.
Just to confirm did you know there are the Oyigbo Bini people in Ondo who speak a different language and not Yoruba? Did you know there is the Asa River also in Kwara?
Have you ever heard of a core Oyigbo son who was killed swimming in the IMO River,Blue Sea or near the Nwanji river like the settlers? Wondered why?
Maybe I can learn from you about my people who have over 1000years of accountable history
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by joeprince23(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2017
Oyivgr:

You keep getting me wrong dear,the essence of this was though I feel the state neglects the LGA ,the LGA leaders are not trying at all.its like a case of Kaduna South with GMD NNPC Ministers,deputy governor yet no development or attraction of industries except Nigerian breweries and coca cola,can you imagine that.
My friend who is a doctor had to go buy vaccines and took it to the LGA early 2000 before Oyigbo saw vaccines which were free by UN. In Oyigbo most private hospitals are complimentary care centres who aren't supposed to take births or surgeries but admit people,pls tell me which hospital is in any of the Okobo/Ihueze land? what's the distance from Oyigbo to BMH or other standard hospital.Last year a woman lost her 7months pregnancy she almost died and was referred to PH,imagine what women are exposed to. Results you can get instantly or 2hours come in weeks and each time there is a strike at those hospitals even patients on pipes are discharged,Oyigbo residents and many have to go to expensive private hospitals. The LGA went once to build a market in partnership with a bank once though was finally given to the elites and non indegiens had to take a casket to the entrance,why not an hospital too? Irrespective of the clan in power at least let the interest of the LGA come first;will this be too much to ask?
yes our gross in oyigbo should not be with one another but with the brick walls in PH,i was so dissappointed wen ngei magnus won the rivers south east senatorial elections,because this guy is part of oyigbo problem,i supported and hoped for olaka nworgu to win cause he has shown interest in oyigbo developement
Re: What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State by Oyivgr: 9:08am On Jun 09, 2017
joeprince23:
yes our gross in oyigbo should not be with one another but with the brick walls in PH,i was so dissappointed wen ngei magnus won the rivers south east senatorial elections,because this guy is part of oyigbo problem,i supported and hoped for olaka nworgu to win cause he has shown interest in oyigbo developement
Really appreciate we can understand. The question sometimes is when both came for campaign what did the leaders negotiate for in terms of projects because even the Olaka was there when constituency projects were given to members appointed contractors directly did you see one in Oyigbo? I am aware he gave chieftains of the party a contract outside the LGA. How does this benefit the LGA I ask.
I am of the opinion however that the LGA could negotiate their way into this if it can engage the settlers and add more votes enblock. If you watch Magnus won with about 30,000 while even the 11,000 votes of Oyigbo was shared by 2 parties.What if the LGA alone can add 20,000 it will be a force to challenge in the region ,don't you think? Because in this politics its about how much they need you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Igbo Presidency Is Not Negotiable, Ohanaeze Youths Threaten / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE / Governors Tighten Grip On APC Ahead Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.