Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) (43768 Views)

'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Live Updates On August 5th Protest / 'Revolution Now' Protest By Sowore: Reactions On Twitter / "Sowore Omoyele Will Go To Jail": Dino Melaye (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 09, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yba0rLSkd1I

#OccupyNigeria Activists In New York Shut Down Minister's Wasteful Town Hall Meeting

Nigerian activists from the Nigeria Liberty Democratic Forum (NDLF) last night protested at the Town Hall meeting called by the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Professor Viola Adaku Onwuliri, shutting down the event until the New York Police Department was called in an hour later.
The meeting, which was scheduled to start at 6: 00 p.m., did not start until 7:45p.m, as the minister came late.

Prof. Onwuliri is one of three Ministers in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of a top-heavy, free-spending government. About 10 days ago, in one of his broadcasts on the oil subsidy crisis, President Goodluck Jonathan said he would drastically cut down on foreign travel; Mrs. Onwuliri’s tour of the United States, like the lavish tour of South Africa of Mr. Jonathan’s team to the ANC 100th anniversary, is evidence of the emptiness of that pledge.

The activists led by Bukola Oreofe of the NDLF waited patiently in the hall as officials of the Nigerian consulate in New York and organizers of the event started with opening prayers and the Nigerian national anthem. As soon as the anthem ended and the Consul-General of Nigeria in New York moved towards the podium to deliver a prepared speech, NDLF activists took over the microphone on the aisle which was set aside for those who wished to ask questions.

They announced that the Minister was late, and pointing out that it was another sign of disrespect and contempt for Nigerians. The activists were upset that a federal minister would be late to the very meeting for which she had travelled all the way from Nigeria at great public expense, noting that Nigeria continued to be governed and mismanaged so sloppily.

The activists also explained why the downhill meeting would not hold in view of the killing of peaceful protesters during last week's OccupyNigeria movement rallies.

As soon as the first speaker stated the mission of the protest, another speaker stepped up and announced that the meeting was over.

Apparently, Nigerian officials who had anticipated such disruption had also mobilized and paid some Nigerians in the New York area to attack the protesters, as pandemonium and fights started in the hall.

It started with a certain Carl Ummuna and Bukola Shonuga who began shoving and verbally abusing protesters, claiming they were there to "protect the minister". But an unrelenting and sustained protest shut down the proceedings.

The Minister and her entourage could do nothing other than watch and threaten to invite hotel security and the police to arrest members of OccupyNigeria-New York.

But when they contacted the NYPD, the officers at first declined intervention, asking the hotel security to sort things out with the protesters. Meanwhile, the undeterred group sang protest songs and gave intermittent speeches for about an hour.

After hanging outside for close to 15 minutes a detachment of about eight policemen led by a sergeant entered the hall and appealed to the protesters for dialogue. When the protesters stepped out with the police, they explained that since the Nigerian embassy apparently paid for the hotel venue through an individual, they had to step in to restore order.

They also noted that they resisted any attempt to harass or arrest anyone for exercising the right to protest corruption on US soil.

Later, the officers accompanied the protesters, to pick up their winter jackets and personal effects. Some of them expressed satisfaction that the point had been made and that the Minister would have plenty to report to President Goodluck Jonathan about that the days of freewheeling corruption in the country were over. During that time, when the activists returned to pick their belongings, the program, which had hurriedly commenced, was disrupted again as protesters began another round of protests as police look on.

“Let this be a lesson to the crooks in Nigeria,” one protester said.

“For as long as they persist in their greed and corruption, there will be Nigerians wherever they go in the world waiting to welcome them with anger and disrespect.”

http://saharareporters.com/2012/01/19/occupynigeria-activists-new-york-shut-down-ministers-wasteful-town-hall-meeting

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Sall(m): 3:00am On Jun 09, 2017
Funny enough . I love this guy.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by ceemac: 3:06am On Jun 09, 2017
we had better start re-positioning the country from the outside..

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by tdbankplc: 5:29am On Jun 09, 2017
Correct guys

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by YorubaNigga(m): 7:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Omoyele Sowore is truly the son of Nigerian soil. Despite him living in comfortability abroad he's still going ahead to fight for Nigerian human right by embarrassing these foolish polithiefians with peaceful protest in their meeting in New York town hall.

I like the part they shouted ole ole ole on them grin

Sincerely the slogan "police is your friend" is made for oyinbos only. See how police came in, talked with them as friends, and walk them out peacefully. If to say na naija Omoyele do this, the last thing he'd recollect after waking from a hospital bed is the slap of a mopol on his face grin grin grin

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Emeritusseun(m): 7:17am On Jun 09, 2017
nice one. I was expecting everyone, youth, in that place to also leave as d Police walked out the guys.
Meanwhile, if na Nigeria dz simple protest happened, doz protesters will chop kondo for head oo, and na police cell dem dey go straight!
Nigeria is wholly fvcked up.
I pray for a better Nigeria, i pray a one Nigeria, i pray for a Nigeria for all

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by NaijaEfcc: 7:32am On Jun 09, 2017
Stupid people so what later happened? Is fuel not double the price now? What did he do? This really exposes sowore of sahara reporters as a political thug who is available for hire by the highest bidder!!!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by chymes0359(m): 7:44am On Jun 09, 2017

Police is your friend is for Americans
Not Nigeria!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by lenghtinny(m): 7:50am On Jun 09, 2017
I see no change

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by sunnysunny69(m): 7:54am On Jun 09, 2017
That's Sahara reporters owner, great guy.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by EnuguDadImoMom: 7:58am On Jun 09, 2017
This guy is the real badoo, not senseless foools at ikorodu hahaha. The country is not working and has never worked, referendum is the only sure way. I love Biafra.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by jammer777: 8:04am On Jun 09, 2017
He's a proud afonja yet he's termed a coward...

10 Likes

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Esdb3: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2017
i love him already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by koladebrainiac(m): 8:58am On Jun 09, 2017
with proper support this guy will change nigeria.. this is so bad its still happening till todAY. water runnaway mi eyes water runnaway mi eye ...

4 Likes

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Raptureminded(m): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2017
hmmmmm... nothing to say
Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 09, 2017
Please, my people this shouldn't be another case of Afonja Vs IPOB.

I wept watching that video. sowore is a hero anytime.

How come the govt people there behaved as if they protesters were lying? They were all saying the truth.

I wonder when we would get it right in this country.

I love the part they wanted to Introduce a certain Honourable and Sowore yelled that there is no honourable here. Lol

Nice one Sowore and co.

20 Likes

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by R3B3L(m): 11:26am On Jun 09, 2017
Good.. let's shut dem all up d same way in this hell hole till dey begin to listen. Enough of their nonsense.
Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by vicadex07(m): 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
sunnysunny69:
That's Sahara reporters owner, great guy.

that is afonja for you...

One man mopol. No chest beating, no useless ultimatums.

undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Mcowubaba: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2017
Wonderful 1 from the Sahara Reporters boss..

Sowore replied "I'm not Martin Luther King, I'm Sowore" cool cool
Maximum respect for this!!!!

He will be commended by all, but if it was an Igbo man or IPOB member that did this, some hypocrites will start writing long epistles on how Igbos are full of hate grin and are uncultured grin

I love Nairaland sha
grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
As much as I hate to say this

But

Sowore is greater than......... grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
YorubaNigga:
Omoyele Sowore is truly the son of Nigerian soil. Despite him living in comfortability abroad he's still going ahead to fight for Nigerian human right by embarrassing these foolish polithiefians with peaceful protest in their meeting in New York town hall.

I like the part they shouted ole ole ole on them grin

Sincerely the slogan "police is your friend" is made for oyinbos only. See how police came in, talked with them as friends, and walk them out peacefully. If to say na naija Omoyele do this, the last thing he'd recollect after waking from a hospital bed is the slap of a mopol on his face grin grin grin

trash

until he dig up tinubu crime den i will take u serous

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by dlondonbadboy: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
My kinda guy..we are tired of waiting. No more.

I like this guy...

Rubbish country!!
Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by MasterChen: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
Edit: Issa throwback
Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by sukkot: 1:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
sowore the brave man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
Godprotectigbos:

trash

until he dig up tinubu crime den i will take u serous

Well here are some tools for you to start digging...
I don't know why lame ass people just love to display thier ignorance on public forums,the guy has contributed far more than you and your family to this country and there you are in the comfort of your bedroom typing thrash

24 Likes

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
What has happened later. We all know how to end this but we are better cowards that will prefer dying in Libya desert and drowning on an endless trip to europe!

1 Like

Re: Viola Adaku Onwuliri Disgraced In New York By Sowore Omoyele (Throwback Video) by seXytOhbAd(m): 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
Lol I wonder what is going on in his mind now that he has realised that APC is the cobra that was complaining of the python(PDP) eating all the rats.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Tambuwal Told Ayu, Saraki, Bala Mohammed Before Stepping Down For Atiku / APC Drags Patience Jonathan To ICC / Niger-Delta Activist Tony Uranta Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.