Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity (2635 Views)

Buhari Asset Declaration Is A Farce, Say Kalu. What’s In It? / Probe Oando! It Is A Sham And A Farce...shareholders Scream! / The Farce Called Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by demolinka(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2017
DunceNLMods:

Good. And it is for this reason why it has been urged the restructuring be done in phases. Just little concessions like state police etc. But Northerners are stubborn. The state police for example makes a whole lot of sense. NPF is a joke. What is the use of having a state legislature without a state police? Abeg tell me?

Phasal restructuring will require patience from the led and truthful commitment from the leaders - it could be tried, though. The state police thing will only work in states that don't depend on the FG to feed. How will states that owe workers months of salaries, sustain an effective police force? Abi they'll allow officers hawk gala and yoghurt while on duty? Community vigilantes still looks a better option, abi na?
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Afam4eva(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
This present arrangement is not working; and may not work. A system that supports the few elites to keep getting rich while the masses keeps languishing in abject poverty. Any system that doesn't support the middle class will not work.

But then, the call for restructuring coming right now that power has changed hands sounds off more like a political agitation than an honest call. The North sees it as a ploy to destabilize their tenure and looking at it deeply, one cannot help but see their point. Why wasn't this agitation made when a southerner was president? GEJ called a National conference and sat on all the recommendations made; never acted on any until he started using it as a political campaign.

I still believe that a restructuring is seriously needed; but a dissolution that will retain this same political class and style would be the worse that will happen; a case study is the Southern Sudan.
I don't think it's air to say that the call of restructuring is coming due to political agitation. Afterall it was part of APC's campaign promises.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by achi4u(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2017
I support the crucification of Afam4eva the OP because of his past deeds but his statement here shouldn't been thrown away like that.
What we need is dissolution not restructuring.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
It is almost too late to re-structure, almost too late. If Nigeria does not restructure now, then the death of Oil will be the death of Nigeria as a very poor country.

Igbos are saying Biafra or Restructure. Then a Pan-Yoruba group says Restructure. Only the North is making noise about saying let Igbos Go...Crazy parasite.

The Middle Belt should rise up and join the call for Restructuring.

Buhari whether alive or death started this nonsense with his popular 97% 5% speech. So there is no going back to the call to Restructure.

Imagine how the North even treat Osinbanjo even when we know that Buhari is incapable of leading the country.

For all those who sit on the fence, I hope your kids and grandkids will forgive you all for not taking a stand.

If we are restructuring, it will be after Biafra declaration. Now that you realized nobody is afraid 2 give u Biafra you decided to shift goal post.

We will not take it. Biafra you want, Biafra u should get.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
DunceNLMods:

The whole South simply has to unite and call the North to order on the matter. They have made it clear: na oil money they like. Abeg keep am. Without that oil there are states like Lagos that can do very well.

That said, I am just shaking my head at fools who supported or voted Buhari in. Because obvious if Jonathan was in power I don't see this happening. At most, it would be disgruntled Northern cabals.

Call the north 2 order on what? For saying Igbos deserve 2 get Biafra?

Don't come here and blame Buhari for not restructuring Nigeria, Gej was there for 5 to 6 years. He is a southerner 4rm the so called oil region.

If we are restructuring, it will be after Biafra independence.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by CarlosTheJackal: 12:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
obailala:
Aren't we ashamed of continuously making this shallow statement?.... Is the core north God?... If the rest of Nigeria for once can speak with one voice on restructuring, what makes you thing the core north is so omnipotent?.... Was the core north not woefully defeated in 2011 when the entire south and middlebelt supported GEJ?
Which the whole South? Didn't you see the SW attacking the poster because he called for restructuring. Let's divide this country
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
Billyonaire:
It is almost too late to re-structure, almost too late. If Nigeria does not restructure now, then the death of Oil will be the death of Nigeria as a very poor country.

Igbos are saying Biafra or Restructure. Then a Pan-Yoruba group says Restructure. Only the North is making noise about saying let Igbos Go...Crazy parasite.

The Middle Belt should rise up and join the call for Restructuring.

Buhari whether alive or death started this nonsense with his popular 97% 5% speech. So there is no going back to the call to Restructure.

Imagine how the North even treat Osinbanjo even when we know that Buhari is incapable of leading the country.

For all those who sit on the fence, I hope your kids and grandkids will forgive you all for not taking a stand.

Gbam.

It's either Nigeria is restructured or it collapses. It's now a function of time
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by fulanmafia: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
My goodness the shamelessness of these people is simply appalling.

Right now, restructuring is impossible because you need the majority of northern parliamentary votes to vote in it's favour; and that is never gonna happen.

The only option on the table is for Biafrans to be granted their dreamland, and Arewa has kickstarted it by ordering all Ibos in the North to leave.

If you want Biafra then have the balls to LEAVE for the SE, instead of pathetically listing what the North 'would miss" and hiding under the umbrella of the same "south" that your lord and master NK has been spewing hatred upon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2017
obailala:
Aren't we ashamed of continuously making this shallow statement?.... Is the core north God?... If the rest of Nigeria for once can speak with one voice on restructuring, what makes you thing the core north is so omnipotent?.... Was the core north not woefully defeated in 2011 when the entire south and middlebelt supported GEJ?

And you refuse to restructure the country when Gej was the president?
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
fulanmafia:
My goodness the shamelessness of these people is simply appaling.

Right now, restructuring is impossible because you need the majority of northern parliamentary votes to vote in it;s favour; and that is never gonna happen.

The only option on the table is for Biafrans to be granted their dreamland, and Arewa has kickstarted it by ordering all Ibos in the North to leave.

If you want Biafra then have the balls to LEAVE for the SE, instead of pathetically listing what the North 'would miss" and hiding under the umbrella of the same "south" that your lord and master NK has been spewing hatred upon.

If restructuring will take place, it will be after Biafra independence.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by obailala(m): 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
Which the whole South? Didn't you see the SW attacking the poster because he called for restructuring. Let's divide this country
You cannot divide the country, stop dreaming. The more achievable target is restructuring. If half of the energies used to shout secession all over the place had been used to call for restructuring, if just a fraction of that energy was used to gather necessary stakeholders across interested zones to call for restructuring with one voice, it would have been achieved long ago. Once again, stop dreaming, splitting a country isn't child's play.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by obailala(m): 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

And you refuse to restructure the country when Gej was the president?
If there is anything which is true, it is the fact that all the zones in the south want restructuring. Only reason it hasn't been achieved is because the calls for restructuring have never been done with one voice or in unity.

2010 - 2015, the SE political block had a swell time under GEJ, hence the SE was quiet on restructuring while the SS and SW kept calling for it. TOday the tables have turned around, as soon as Buhari won elections, SE began shouting restructuring and outright secession while the SW has reduced its voice. Putting aside the needless hypocrisy and selfishness, there has never been a better time for the southern zones to unite and restructure the country than now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nightwolf1: 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
There's notin to restructure in a worn out cloth such as Nigeria. Dissolution is the key.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by kingzizzy: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
obailala:

Face reality. For Nigeria to be restructured, there has to be constitutional change. The constitution can only be changed or ammended at the national assembly. With the core North controling over 50% of the votes at the national assembly, how are you going to get the 67% needed to get restructuring? Or you think the North are going to lend their votes to something that will weaken them politically and economically and politically such as restructuring?

That is why anyone who wants restructuring has to leave the control of the North. If you want 'one Nigeria', forget restructuring
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by obailala(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
kingzizzy:

Face reality. For Nigeria to be restructured, there has to be constitutional change. The constitution can only be changed or ammended at the national assembly. With the core North controling over 50% of the votes at the national assembly, how are you going to get the 67% needed to get restructuring? Or you think the North are going to lend their votes to something that will weaken them politically and economically and politically such as restructuring?

That is why anyone who wants restructuring has to leave the control of the North. If you want 'one Nigeria', forget restructuring
The mistake you always make is lumping the entire north central together in your map of the north. The middle-belt may fall in the north geopolitically; but socially, they are sick and tired of being lumped together with the north and are certainly sick of the domination of the core north.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by EmeriitusMbaM: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
KahlDrogo:
He has gone back to delete the original comment in that thread thinking that would save him the embarasment. He's forgotten that people quoted him back then.

Just imagine the rubbish he's said. Since the South West didnt vote for PDP, they have no right to make demands of a PDP constituted FG. How wicked can a man be!

Lolzzz. Afam4eva is one shameless hypocrite. Smh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Igbos aren't saying biafra OR RESTRUCTURE, igbos are saying biafra OR DEATH, and BIAFRA SHALL YOU GET!

The reality of you people's tomfoolery is now staring at you in the face and now you are begging for options that never existed.

You will get your biafra whether you like it or not.

Shut up there. I am not Igbo but I make bold to say that an average Igbo man does not need oil money yet an average Igbo man is richer than the average of any other tribe in this country.

Focus on your tribe and allow those who have courage to voice out what they want to have their say.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by EmeriitusMbaM: 2:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:

We want dissolution not some yeye restructuring. Biafra must be achieved.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

Shut up there. I am not Igbo but I make bold to say that an average Igbo man does not need oil money yet an average Igbo man is richer than the average of any other tribe in this country.

Focus on your tribe and allow those who have courage to voice out what they want to have their say.

Truth
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by KahlDrogo(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
Billyonaire:

You shut the fvck up. No one is restructuring nothing. Igbos want biafra, they must get it! It was "biafra or death", we never heard "biafra or restructuring".

I'm very sure the reason you uncouth little girls are now begging for a "soft landing" is because every tribe which you once imagined would buy that stupid utopian idea are now giving you the middle finger, from the middle belt down to the south south!

Biafra or death! You must get your biafra whether you like it or not!

Shameless little boy denying his origins.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by kingzizzy: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
obailala:
The mistake you always make is lumping the entire north central together in your map of the north. The middle-belt may fall in the north geopolitically; but socially, they are sick and tired of being lumped together with the north and are certainly sick of the domination of the core north.

Even if the North central embraces restructuring, it will still not give the South enough votes to pass a bill on restructuring. Just the core North controls at least 50% of the votes. How will anyone convince any of them to support restructuring? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by restructuring. As long as there is one drop of Oil in Southern Nigeria, the core North will not allow any form of restructuring and they have the voting bloc to ensure that.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by obailala(m): 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2017
kingzizzy:

Even if the North central embraces restructuring, it will still not give the South enough votes to pass a bill on restructuring. Just the core North controls at least 50% of the votes. How will anyone convince any of them to support restructuring? They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by restructuring. As long as there is one drop of Oil in Southern Nigeria, the core North will not allow any form of restructuring and they have the voting bloc to ensure that.
I repeat it once again, the only making restructuring impossible is that foolishness and selfishness which has ensured the southern zones can never call for it with one voice. Just take a look at this thread and many others, the day the man in Abuja favours SW, they go dumb and the day the powers in Abuja favours the SE, they go dumb on restructuring. I repeat it that the day the southern zones call for a restructure, and clamour for it 'seriously' with a single voice, that is the day the hegemony of the core north will be destroyed.

By the way the core north doesn't control any 50% of any votes. Stop churning out these imaginary figures which have been used to deceive/discourage people for decades.

Core North (i.e. NE & NW) = 140 Reps; 39 Senators
Southern Zones (SE+SS+SW) = 169 Reps; 51 Senators
North-Central/Middle Belt = 51 Reps; 19 Senators

Like I said earlier, if and only if the southern zones are ready to be serious with restructuring by speaking with one voice, more than half of the North Central is ready to align with the south. I highlighted Benue, Kwara, Kogi and Plateau states; these middle-belt states would be more than happy to free themselves from Hausa-Fulani domination. So stop giving me that overused 50% imaginary statistics..

Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by kingzizzy: 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2017
obailala:

I repeat it once again, the only making restructuring impossible is that foolishness and selfishness which has ensured the southern zones can never call for it with one voice. Just take a look at this thread and many others, the day the man in Abuja favours SW, they go dumb and the day the powers in Abuja favours the SE, they go dumb on restructuring. I repeat it that the day the southern zones call for a restructure, and clamour for it 'seriously' with a single voice, that is the day the hegemony of the core north will be destroyed.

By the way the core north doesn't control any 50% of any votes. Stop churning out these imaginary figures which have been used to deceive/discourage people for decades.

Core North (i.e. NE & NW) = 140 Reps; 39 Senators
Southern Zones (SE+SS+SW) = 169 Reps; 51 Senators
North-Central/Middle Belt = 51 Reps; 19 Senators

Like I said earlier, if and only if the southern zones are ready to be serious with restructuring by speaking with one voice, more than half of the North Central is ready to align with the south. I highlighted Benue, Kwara, Kogi and Plateau states; these middle-belt states would be more than happy to free themselves from Hausa-Fulani domination. So stop giving me that overused 50% imaginary statistics..

Ok, take the NC out of the equation. Core North (NW+NE)= 140 Reps which is rougly 40% of the house of representatives.

SW/SE/SW/NC =60%

so even if the entire South and the NC voted for restructuring, they still would not get the 67% needed to pass the bill on restructuring. What it means is that that the 7% has to be found in the core North. Unless some of them agree, restructuring will not be possible. Now how will 7% of the core North be convinced to vote for restructuring that will mean not only loss of political control, but also the end of 'oil money'.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by KratosCorp: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Okay, the North is not god, but Nigeria is god and indivisible?

You are really funny.

obailala:
You cannot divide the country, stop dreaming. The more achievable target is restructuring. If half of the energies used to shout secession all over the place had been used to call for restructuring, if just a fraction of that energy was used to gather necessary stakeholders across interested zones to call for restructuring with one voice, it would have been achieved long ago. Once again, stop dreaming, splitting a country isn't child's play.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by obailala(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
kingzizzy:

Ok, take the NC out of the equation. Core North (NW+NE)= 140 Reps which is rougly 40% of the house of representatives.

SW/SE/SW/NC =60%

so even if the entire South and the NC voted for restructuring, they still would not get the 67% needed to pass the bill on restructuring. What it means is that that the 7% has to be found in the core North. Unless some of them agree, restructuring will not be possible. Now how will 7% of the core North be convinced to vote for restructuring that will mean not only loss of political control, but also the end of 'oil money'.
Let the southern zones speak with one voice first, and you wouldn't be here speculating or doubting what can happen if a people speak with one voice.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by obailala(m): 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
KratosCorp:
Okay, the North is not god, but Nigeria is god and indivisible?

You are really funny.

Restructuring is a far more practical, achievable and meaningful solution to the social problems we have. Splitting the country even at a time when other great countries are looking for ways to merge is totally a misplaced ill-thought ambition (which may never even be achievable).
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by KratosCorp: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
Restructuring will.not change anything. You guys should stop lying to yourselves.

There is nothing happening now as per "social problems" that was not there during the era of regionalism. So forget your eldorado of restructuring. If you like restructure the country a billion times, it will not change anything.

- You cannot buy patriotism with restructuring.
- You cannot impose true patriotism on anyone.
- And without patriotism you will keep getting eroded by the same "social problems" forever.
- Nationalism is key to patriotism.

And a founding sage said that Nigeria is not a nation but a mere geographic expression. So what are you restructuring? So just allow every constituent to determine their national identity and build their PREFERED nation patriotically. Enough of that 100 year old nonsense.

And NO, the peoples of the world are becoming more nationalistic, not the other way round.

obailala:
Restructuring is a far more practical, achievable and meaningful solution to the social problems we have. Splitting the country even at a time when other great countries are looking for ways to merge is totally a misplaced ill-thought ambition (which may never even be achievable).
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by obailala(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
KratosCorp:
Restructuring will.not change anything. You guys should stop lying to yourselves.

There is nothing happening now as per "social problems" that was not there during the era of regionalism. So forget your eldorado of restructuring. If you like restructure the country a billion times, it will not change anything.

- You cannot buy patriotism with restructuring.
- You cannot impose true patriotism on anyone.
- And without patriotism you will keep getting eroded by the same "social problems" forever.
- Nationalism is key to patriotism.

And a founding sage said that Nigeria is not a nation but a mere geographic expression. So what are you restructuring? So just allow every constituent to determine their national identity and build their PREFERED nation patriotically. Enough of that 100 year old nonsense.

And NO, the peoples of the world are becoming more nationalistic, not the other way round.

Every issue you stand to solve by splitting the country into 5 or more mushroom nations, those issues can be solved by regional autononous leadership.

You talk of nationalism and an automatic sense of patriotism being possible only when a new nation is formed; do you mean to tell me an Igbo corrupt Nigerian police officer for instance would suddenly/miraculously switch to 'patriotic saint mode' when he starts bearing Biafra Police Force insignia on his shoulders?... Do you mean to tell me you believe that policeman's problem is just the name of his country?... or probably he disregards patriotism today because he lives in a tribally non-homogenous society?
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by lastmessenger: 7:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

Call the north 2 order on what? For saying Igbos deserve 2 get Biafra?

Don't come here and blame Buhari for not restructuring Nigeria, Gej was there for 5 to 6 years. He is a southerner 4rm the so called oil region.

If we are restructuring, it will be after Biafra independence.
hope u will come out to fight on October 1st?
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
lastmessenger:
hope u will come out to fight on October 1st?

Fight ? Nobody said will fight anyone. Liar show us wia northern youth threaten violence?

All we are saying is leave our land.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by lastmessenger: 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
NairalandHowTo:

Fight ? Nobody said will fight anyone. Liar show us wia northern youth threaten violence?

All we are saying is leave our land.
let's have Biafra and then we can leave.we can't be called Nigeria and at the same time be told leave Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria, The Farce And Hypocrisy Of Unity by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
lastmessenger:
let's have Biafra and then we can leave.we can't be called Nigeria and at the same time be told leave Nigeria.

Then you're all Animals living in the zoo. Live the zoo for the new Dubai called Biafra. Call ur ministers from the zoo, join hands with governors, all ur reps and senators should come back and see if Biafra will not be possible by tomorrow.

You call the north Animals and u still want 2 live with them. You call them terrorist and u still want 2 live with the terrorist.

Your Biafra is nothing but frustration from 2015 election lost.

Even Animals don't like living in the zoo, they are always looking 4 excape route. But u are so attached to the northern Animals 2 the level u cannot do without dem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be Alert. Today It Is The Igbos, Tomorrow It Will Be Who? - Annkio Briggs / “I Was Advised To Kill My Son” - Amina Bello / Breaking News: Court Sacks Nigerian Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.