Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why The South Should Unite Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South Should Unite Now (372 Views)

South Unite Now Before Its Too Late : Republic Of South Nigeria. / The South Should Be Wise Now or NEVER!!! / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The South Should Unite Now by Dereformer(m): 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
With the present tension in the country, coming as a result of the quit notice issued by the Area youth groups and the subsequent notices given by the Yorubas and the Niger delta groups alike to the effect that their indigenes should head back home, I call for a united south.

Make no mistakes, my call for a united south is not a call for the south to be united as one country. It is a call to stand together in the coming days to achieve what we have been clamouring for decades ago, thereafter, we can go our separate ways if we cannot be together.

As some people have said, the call by the Arewa youth groups is not an empty threat. The call is sanctioned by Northern elders as confirmed by the second meeting of the group on the 8th of June 2017.

It is imperative to state that the North has held the south down for too long. It will be difficult to differentiate an Igbo man from a south south man and from a Yoruba man when the North goes berserk with their killings.

It is equally important to state here that the current happenings presents the best opportunity to discuss the bases of our existence in Nigeria if we must continue to be one.

Every attempt by other regions to get the country restructured in other to have a better working entity has always been rebuffed by the North.

North is the only region that benefit from wrong structure Nigeria is presently in.

We must discuss the basis of our existence. Nobody should be forced to belong to where he or she does not desire to.

We must come together now so that world bodies will wade in and demand for a referendum.

What the south as an entity should opt for is a referendum to pull away from the North. Thereafter, we can decide whether to stay as one country in the south or everyone should go their separate ways.

Southern Sudan did it. We can do it.

I am elated that other regions in the south have called their people back.

Our dreams and aspirations in Biafra, Oduduwa Republic and Niger delta Republic must be achieved.

Unity is imperative. It is now or never.
Re: Why The South Should Unite Now by Dereformer(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dereformer:
With the present tension in the country, coming as a result of the quit notice issued by the Area youth groups and the subsequent notices given by the Yorubas and the Niger delta groups alike to the effect that their indigenes should head back home, I call for a united south.

Make no mistakes, my call for a united south is not a call for the south to be united as one country. It is a call to stand together in the coming days to achieve what we have been clamouring for decades ago, thereafter, we can go our separate ways if we cannot be together.

As some people have said, the call by the Arewa youth groups is not an empty threat. The call is sanctioned by Northern elders as confirmed by the second meeting of the group on the 8th of June 2017.

It is imperative to state that the North has held the south down for too long. It will be difficult to differentiate an Igbo man from a south south man and from a Yoruba man when the North goes berserk with their killings.

It is equally important to state here that the current happenings presents the best opportunity to discuss the bases of our existence in Nigeria if we must continue to be one.

Every attempt by other regions to get the country restructured in other to have a better working entity has always been rebuffed by the North.

North is the only region that benefit from wrong structure Nigeria is presently in.

We must discuss the basis of our existence. Nobody should be forced to belong to where he or she does not desire to.

We must come together now so that world bodies will wade in and demand for a referendum.

What the south as an entity should opt for is a referendum to pull away from the North. Thereafter, we can decide whether to stay as one country in the south or everyone should go their separate ways.

Southern Sudan did it. We can do it.

I am elated that other regions in the south have called their people back.

Our dreams and aspirations in Biafra, Oduduwa Republic and Niger delta Republic must be achieved.

Unity is imperative. It is now or never.

(1) (Reply)

I Laid Foundation Of Buhari’s 2015 Victory – Ardo / Lagos State Declares June 12 Public Holiday / Nigerian Newspaper Summary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.