Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? (2693 Views)

I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
I was in my friend's place today and caught his wife stealing his money, she thought I didn't notice what she was doing?
Her husband's bag was in the living room, he left it there and went inside only for her to stylishly took it and took some money from one of the rapper, fold it and had to tie it with the fringe of the rapper she's tying.

Why I am concerned is the man has been complaining of money missing and has been suspecting their poor house help, again recently she sacked her sales girl because the woman went to the shop intimidated the sales girl and forcefully took some money where they use to keep money. The girl didn't know how much she took, when she calculated her balance she wrote how much she thought Madam took. At the end 1k was missing and he had to deduct it from the girls salary.

My own is why will she be stealing from her hubby?
Okay, what of telling her later?
If I tell the hubby I don't know how he'll react and the woman will know I was the one that told her husband.

Should I tell my friend because my conscience is pricking me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by HungerBAD: 11:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Nah.

You did not see anything and keep it that way.

So i read through the comments below, and i see Barcanista said you should tell the Husband. People don't seem to understand the term" Husband/Wife" and that it is always risky putting your mouth in their matters. A man that dated and eventually married a thief, will one day find out he is married to a thief.

Until then, keep your opinions and what you have seen to yourself,as failure to do that will cause you your friendship with him, because just think about it this.

You report to her husband, and she will in turn say she saw you stealing the money and you begged her not report you. A friend told a mutual friend of ours that had a wife sleeping with somebody we know, and the wife in turn told the husband that same guy has been pestering her for sex.

The Husband believed the wife.

17 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by tuscani: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
Pls see my poster

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by NwaAmaikpe: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
ableguy:
lalasticlala, Myn44, Ijebabe, Fynestboi
I was in my friend's place today and caught his wife stealing his money, she thought I didn't notice what she was doing?
Her husband's bag was in the living room, he left it there and went inside only for her to stylishly took it and took some money from one of the rapper, fold it and had to tie it with the fringe of the rapper she's tying.

Why I am concerned is the man has been complaining of money missing and has been suspecting their poor house help, again recently she sacked her sales girl because the woman went to the shop intimidated the sales girl and forcefully took some money where they use to keep money. The girl didn't know how much she took, when she calculated her balance she wrote how much she thought Madam took. At the end 1k was missing and he had to deduct it from the girls salary.

If I tell the hubby I don't know how he'll react and the woman will know I was the one that told her husband.

Confront his wife...tell her you know what she's been doing.
If she's contrite and values the marriage, she won't want you to tell her husband...then she is very vulnerable.
Take her to the nearest chalet and pay for short-time.

Afterwards, don't tell your friend about any of the two discoveries you've made.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
My brother, I still don't why someone will steal from her hubby instead of "take" from him, even to the extent of allowing a poor girl suffer for what she did.

It is either your guy is starving her of money or she is just greedy.

Whatever the case may be, your guy got himself an irresponsible woman.

I'll advice you talk to him about it. Do tell him to find out the reason behind her behavior
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 11:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
My brother, I still don't why someone will steal from her hubby instead of "take" from him, even to the extent of allowing a poor girl suffer for what she did.

It is either your guy is starving her of money or she is just greedy.

Whatever the case may be, your guy got himself an irresponsible woman.

I'll advice you talk to him about it. Do tell him to find out the reason behind her behavior
I still wonder why she does that, I am very much aware that the hubby gives her money.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ojun50(m): 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
Talk to d woman first nd give her time to see if she will change
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
ojun50:
Talk to d woman first nd give her time to see if she will change
No ooo abeg.
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by dingbang(m): 4:51am On Jun 11, 2017
ableguy:

No ooo abeg.
as much as it is difficult, you have to do it. Tell her you know what she does and if she doesnt stop,you will report to her husband
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by Majesticniyi(m): 6:11am On Jun 11, 2017
I don't know why NLers think conclusively...judging without knowing the whole story. I have seen a case where a woman steals from her husband because he is irresponsible and would rather spend on irrelevant things than take care of his family. The woman had no choice than to steal his money to pay the children's school fees.

Op, if you really want to help the family....try to stylishly (jokingly?) find out from the woman the rationale behind her action. You might just be surprised the end justifies the means (even if it's the wrong approach she took).

Allowing another person suffer for her actions however sends the wrong signal.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by egopersonified(f): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2017
So after forcefully taking money from the shop and money missing from the house, you think the husband doesn't know deep down that his wife is responsible abi? Guy, just keep your observation to yourself, the day the husband is ready to confront his wife, he will. How can his house help steal from him and he has never mentioned it to his wife?

11 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by mrtomola(m): 7:47am On Jun 11, 2017
Whats your own ? Is it your money !
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by Antina(f): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2017
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by Antina(f): 8:46am On Jun 11, 2017
Oga OP, let the husband detect himself!! It's husband and wife affair.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by byvan03: 9:22am On Jun 11, 2017
This is none of your business ,face your front . She will eventually be caught without your help.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by eyinjuege: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2017
Just don't put mouth in the matter, and be watching in 3D.

The husband must have always asked the wife if she saw his money all those times he's been complaining of missing money, and I'm sure her response would always have been NO.
He will also surely ask her about your accusation and she will still say NO.
Of course by then she would start making her own accusations against you.
We will now see who the husband will believe: wife or friend?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by Lexusgs430: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2017
Maybe he married a kleptomaniac........

If she is, she needs help. If she attempt this thief strategy for outside, Nigeria Loves jungle justice........

Best to tell him very gently..........
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by obyrich(m): 11:29am On Jun 11, 2017
ableguy:

No ooo abeg.
Since you knows you are already aware, talk to her. Make sure you record your conversation as evidence in case she tries to play smart. Otherwise, keep quiet and move on with your life
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by lharstborn(m): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
Dude..keep your discovery to yourself. Whatever God has joined together, let no friend put asunder. You think your friend is not aware his wife is a kleptomaniac? Face your role a friend (Support) and don't put your nose in his marital life. A word is enough.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by doyinbaby(f): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mind your business

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
doyinbaby:
Mind your business

I will, thanks. I think that's the best
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by salesforce: 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
He will catch her one day
Don't break the home
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
Don't tell. Unless the husband is in denial, he must've suspected his wife or is suspecting her.

I only feel bad for the innocent people around them who are being wrongfully accused: the sales girl (whom the wife also stole from) and now the househelp. May God vindicate her.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by olureignforever: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Confront his wife...tell her you know what she's been doing.
If she's contrite and values the marriage, she won't want you to tell her husband...then she is very vulnerable.
Take her to the nearest chalet and pay for short-time.

Afterwards, don't tell your friend about any of the two discoveries you've made.

Oya clap for ya self, the counselor

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by jieta: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
op always try and mind your business is good for your health.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2017
salesforce:
He will catch her one day
Don't break the home

Abi ooo
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by wadetaw202: 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
ableguy:

You can send him text message but hide your caller ID. Don't give details. Just tell him to watch his wife that she is the one stealing his money
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by sisisioge: 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
Lobatan...I think you shouldn't go about it like you are snitching on her.Rather, say it in front of her if he complains about missing money again. For instance, if on that particular morning, the dude noticed the missing fund. Just tell him there and then while madam is present that hope it's not the one she took that he's looking for. Say it while laughing with absolute innocence. Let them deal with their issues. Whew!

I wouldn't have minded if someone else isn't taking the blame for her action. Whew!
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
ableguy:

Tell your friend in jest.

If nobody was suffering for it, then na their business and you could decide to tell or keep mute.

However as it stands, the husband should know so that their previous employees will be vindicated.

He should also apologize to them/family.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
sisisioge:
Lobatan...I think you shouldn't go about it like you are snitching on her.Rather, say it in front of her if he complains about missing money again. For instance, if on that particular morning, the dude noticed the missing fund. Just tell him there and then while madam is present that hope it's not the one she took that he's looking for. Say it while laughing with absolute innocence. Let them deal with their issues. Whew!

I wouldn't have minded if someone else isn't taking the blame for her action. Whew!

That's it ooo, I am concerned about the poor boy
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
bukatyne:

Tell your friend in jest.

If nobody was suffering for it, then na their business and you could decide to tell or keep mute.

However as it stands, the husband should know do that their previous employees will be vindicated.

He should also apologize to them/family.
This has nothing to do in connection with the issue relating to the sales girl, she's partly to be blamed for what happened. She wasn't just smart, if she was there's no way that woman would walk away with ogas money. The thing is I don't want a situation whereby a couple will be having problems because of me
Re: Should I Tell My Friend His Wife Have Been Stealing His Money? by ableguy(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
Majesticniyi:
I don't know why NLers think conclusively...judging without knowing the whole story. I have seen a case where a woman steals from her husband because he is irresponsible and would rather spend on irrelevant things than take care of his family. The woman had no choice than to steal his money to pay the children's school fees.

Op, if you really want to help the family....try to stylishly (jokingly?) find out from the woman the rationale behind her action. You might just be surprised the end justifies the means (even if it's the wrong approach she took).

Allowing another person suffer for her actions however sends the wrong signal.
I can tell you this woman basically lacks nothing, in fact she always talk about her neighbor that her husband doesn't take care of because he has a particular project at hand. She even assist this woman and the husband is aware, so she can't be justify whatsoever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Worst Excuses For Cheating On Your Wife / Should Men (Single & Married) Have A Say Concerning Abortion? / How I Was Molested As A Child, And The Trauma Still Haunts Me Fiercely.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.