Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations (6057 Views)

One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed / New nations shall soon emerge from Africa.. / Nigeria Will Split Into 3 New Nations In 2019 Says Massob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Agumbankembu: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
Amberon11:
Why does the name Niger Delta Republic scare you biafrans? Did we Niger deltans tell you we are unconformable with the name? You can whine about that for all I care bit you would be causing self inflicted migraines on yourself.

All the different tribes in the South South have rejected Biafra and have said that they would prefer Niger Delta republic. I don't know how hard it is for you Igbo's to understand that.

No vex, but that guy isn't one of us.

4 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
Arewa Islamic Republic will be poor. They will look like Niger and Somalia them. No human resources and Islamic fundamentalism will wreak havoc on the nation.

Niger Delta Republic if a seperate country will not really grow to potential. In-fighting and ruthlessly corrupt leaders will hold the new nation to ransome. Poor human resources and die hard politics will also be a bane to development. Overt marginalization will also hold sway.

Odua Republic will have to sit up in the face of dwindling proceeds from oil sale. If they chase away investments like the North is doing currently,they will suffer dire economic consequences. Odua has the potential to do averagely well,there's a moderately literate population and some leaders with vision. It all boils down to building a much needed national cohesion.

Biafra Republic (Igbo only). Hmmm. Contrary to stale propaganda,Biafra will be peaceful and serene. Biafran nationalism and patriotism will be second to none. With an intelligent and innovative population and a government close to the populace,Biafra will develop rapidly and will undergo an industrial revolution within a decade. The future looks bright for the Republic.

6 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
pazienza:

Stop the unity begging, already.

Akwa ibom can stand on their own or align with NDelta or Biafra, they have links to Ijaws through Obolo( Andoni) people too.

Don't create the false impression that Biafra must be multiethnic groups in other to be viable, cos it's not true.

Give it a rest Nigga. You sound like a broken record already.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by fineboynl(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
and the fight Begin's over mere imagination
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by uyiekpenn(m): 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
You're very delusional. No wonder you can never find an intelligent IPOB member cos their flàtheads have been blocked with Akpu.

4 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
fineboynl:
and the fight Begin's over mere imagination

It's called vision and it leads to great things

Ask George Washington if the King's treason threat stopped him from declaring independence from the crown

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
uyiekpenn:
You're very delusional. No wonder you can never find an intelligent IPOB member cos their flàtheads have been blocked with Akpu.

This Bini boy, why you dey vex?

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by obong(m): 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Afam4eva:
Should Nigeria seperate based on your groupings, here's what the nations will look like.

Arewa: I think any nation that comes out from the north can't do better than they are doing in Nigeria considering the fact that they are hugely at an advantage in Nigeria and have not done much. Without oil money, the poverty in that region will skyrocket which will give room to even more fundamentalism.

Niger Delta Republic: They have the natural resources but do they have the human resources to handle the resources? I think not. It's left to be seen how far they can utilize their reources as the area is very volatile to clashes still bordering on resource control. But if the leaders are very serious, things will turn around for the best, but i won't hold my breathe on that one.

Oduduwa Republic: I think this is the part of Nigeria that is most ready for a republic, truth be told. But whether they can maintain the omentum outside Nigeria without money coming from the Niger Delta is another story. Lagos is not all there is to this region. Even Lagos will suffer a lot of capital flight due to the seperation of Nigeria. But they can maintain a stable economy if they out their human resource in place.

Biafra: This unit will be the worst from the onset because of lack of infrastructure owing to decades of neglect from the federal government. From the onset, things will look gloomy. But they have the human resource ad very inventive. So, i think evidence of progress will start being glaring after about half a decade.

Why won't the ND have the Human Resources. Everyone has an opinion on whether we can manage our own resources. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by uyiekpenn(m): 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
12Monkeys:

This Bini boy, why you dey vex?

see this mumu.

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by obong(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
12Monkeys:

But you had no problem being a minority in a larger Nigeria

In as much as I like Biafra and remain a Niger Deltan we must not let afonja hatred to cause future problems for us.

We can talk of a separate nation today because of Biafra. We will need them in both political and economic alliance.

I believe in a true federalism setup we can check any tribe dominating us either as a separate nation or as a federating unit with biafra

Of course I prefer to be a minority in a larger nation. Any right thinking person prefers that . A bigger nation gives you room to move around and make alliances. Not in a country with a single large hegemony.

2 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by menace1: 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
12Monkeys:

There were 5 regions mentioned here and am sure yours was also given a mention

Concentrate on your future Republic and leave Biafra out
am just stating the obvious
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by pazienza(m): 10:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
iSlayer2:

Give it a rest Nigga. You sound like a broken record already.

No. You unity beggars have to give it a rest. Cos you keep giving minorities leeway to insult Ndiigbo with your attachment syndrome.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
pazienza:

No. You unity beggars have to give it a rest. Cos you keep giving minorities leeway to insult Ndiigbo with your attachment syndrome.

You've a very restricted perspective of the whole thing. Then again stop crying about the insults,the Yoruba insult us day and night unprovoked...how come the ones from minority strike nerves? If you cry about these petty insults then you don't grasp the magnitude of the project the Igbo are currently undertaking. It is no small thing!

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by pazienza(m): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2017
iSlayer2:

You've a very restricted perspective of the whole thing. Then again stop crying about the insults,the Yoruba insult us day and night unprovoked...how come the ones from minority strike nerves? If you cry about these petty insults then you don't grasp the magnitude of the project the Igbo are currently undertaking. It is no small thing!

Those insults are not petty. They are organic.

https://m./469955773049857?view=permalink&id=1537693402942750&p=130&av=100001521990946&refid=18

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 13, 2017
pazienza:

Those insults are not petty. They are organic.

https://m./469955773049857?view=permalink&id=1537693402942750&p=130&av=100001521990946&refid=18

LWKMD! This guy sef. The whole organic thing in your post was funny. The other dimwit's post on fb was even more funny. Forget all that. I still repeat: What the Igbo have taken on is no small task,things like this will continue until Biafra eventually comes(with or without the naysayers). Even if we champion an Igbo only Biafra today,the insults will never ever stop,from Yoruba and minorities alike. The Yoruba are a case study. NOTHING ON THIS EARTH will the Igbo do and they won't insult. It's just how it is!

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 4:38am On Jun 13, 2017
TheKingdom:
There is nothing like Niger-Delta Republic because people there are not Ni.ggers or "Delta" people (what a stupid name for a state by the way).

Instead you'll have Oduduwa/Odua or Biafra, Nok Republic (Middle Belt) and Arewa. Simple.

The only other possibility could be the Bini Kingdom which could have Urhobos, Ijaws, etc., if they don't want to be a party party country that is broke like Oduduwa would be

You have great foresight

Bini empire might be resurrected again if the Biafrans don't accept them but NigerDelta republic will not stand because the Ijaws, Akwa Ibom and Cross River people will opt for Biafra while the Ishekiris, Urhobos, Isokos and Binis out of dislike for the Ijaws, will not key into the idea of Niger Delta republic.

Pazienza I don't expect you to understand but time will always vindicate me

One thing I have done, is to seek God's face concerning this issue of a disintegrated Nigeria.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 4:42am On Jun 13, 2017
12Monkeys:

Urhobo,Isokos Ijaws and Itsekiris can never reunite with Bini

Have you forgotten how Benin used their resources to develop Benin city?

Binis will go to Odua, the rest of Muslim edo will either join their cousins in Middle Belt or Odua

I disagree with you

If the Biafrans reject the Binis, they will form their own country that has no Ijaw people in it.

So I foresee Bini empire being resurrected than Niger Delta republic being created
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 4:44am On Jun 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
Should Nigeria seperate based on your groupings, here's what the nations will look like.

Arewa: I think any nation that comes out from the north can't do better than they are doing in Nigeria considering the fact that they are hugely at an advantage in Nigeria and have not done much. Without oil money, the poverty in that region will skyrocket which will give room to even more fundamentalism.

Niger Delta Republic: They have the natural resources but do they have the human resources to handle the resources? I think not. It's left to be seen how far they can utilize their reources as the area is very volatile to clashes still bordering on resource control. But if the leaders are very serious, things will turn around for the best, but i won't hold my breathe on that one.

Oduduwa Republic: I think this is the part of Nigeria that is most ready for a republic, truth be told. But whether they can maintain the omentum outside Nigeria without money coming from the Niger Delta is another story. Lagos is not all there is to this region. Even Lagos will suffer a lot of capital flight due to the seperation of Nigeria. But they can maintain a stable economy if they out their human resource in place.

Biafra: This unit will be the worst from the onset because of lack of infrastructure owing to decades of neglect from the federal government. From the onset, things will look gloomy. But they have the human resource ad very inventive. So, i think evidence of progress will start being glaring after about half a decade.

Once Nigeria collapses, the oil wealth and monopolized seaports that sustain Lagos will fall and see Odua crumble.

Odua will need to develop other sources of revenue or perish

Odua will need to develop exportable things to generate dollars needed to keep it afloat

Odua will have to fall back to solid minerals, agriculture, tourism and manufacturing that she can sell to generate dollars.

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Justiceleague1: 6:28am On Jun 13, 2017
Wukari:

Future Arewastani citizen. You are wrong again not arewa, never. Not me.
ur name nko? Abi wukari is from ijebu?
Lare vban,12monkeys,if edo aint in the nd rep,where will she be?
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 13, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Once Nigeria collapses, the oil wealth and monopolized seaports that sustain Lagos will fall and see Odua crumble.

Odua will need to develop other sources of revenue or perish

Odua will need to develop exportable things to generate dollars needed to keep it afloat

Odua will have to fall back to solid minerals, agriculture, tourism and manufacturing that she can sell to generate dollars.

I don't think Igbo will leave Lagos,even if Biafra is restored.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by comos: 7:54am On Jun 13, 2017
12Monkeys:

Urhobo,Isokos Ijaws and Itsekiris can never reunite with Bini

Have you forgotten how Benin used their resources to develop Benin city?

Binis will go to Odua, the rest of Muslim edo will either join their cousins in Middle Belt or Odua

Binis are not yoruba,

they will never be part of your Nepotic odua republic

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 8:22am On Jun 13, 2017
iSlayer2:

I don't think Igbo will leave Lagos,even if Biafra is restored.

Biafrans will leave because the oil wealth and monopolized seaports that prospered Lagos will die causing Lagos to lose wealth and therefore, the Igbos will migrate to other greener places

The only way Biafrans can remain is if Odua develop another source of wealth to replace Niger Delta oil. Once that wealth enriches lots of Oduas , Igbos will remain in Odua to sell their goods to them
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 8:25am On Jun 13, 2017
Justiceleague1:

ur name nko? Abi wukari is from ijebu?

Lare vban,12monkeys,if edo aint in the nd rep,where will she be?

Bini empire will be resurrected if Biafrans don't accept the Binis

This empire will not have Ijaws in it because the Ijaws aren't comfortable with the Binis, Itshekiris, Urhobos and Isokos in the absence of Igbos.

What unifies these people is their love and hate for the Igbos
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by dragonking2: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2017
12Monkeys:
Niger Delta Republic (with the exclusion of Edo and Itsekiris)

Awash with money and United in purpose, the ND will be a bastion of why Nigeria was a very big mistake.

Lol, but you can't exclude Edo state and the itsekiri people from Niger delta Republic.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by ProWalker: 8:43am On Jun 13, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Sorry to say

You don't know the ancestral linkage between Igbos and AkwaCross people

Akwa Ibom and Cross River will follow the Igbos

Igbos and funny fantasies are like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by dragonking2: 8:51am On Jun 13, 2017
menace1:
how will biafra develop without Niger/delta petrol.oh with drugs,ugu,human trafficking nd baby factory.
s.east nd the core north are the most unproductive region in Nigeria
Lol, but you're right. I checked statistics and found out that both the South East and core north lands are not so blessed with natural resources. The core north needs the middle belt while the south east needs the Niger delta region to survive when we break up.

Forget all those, 95% of food is from core north. .All natural lie to deceive the gullible. Majority of the food comes from the middle belt.

Infact, from my research, apart from oil, the most blessed region with food and natural resources is the middle belt.

I am still shocked that the region is not among the richest in Nigeria.

Those guys have virtually all the natural resources in their land especially benue state. No wonder the core northerners are always including them to arewa by fire by force.

When it comes to doing business, the igbos have it hence they will survive but still with assistance from the SS.

I was even shocked further that the only SE state that had more of natural resources is the one they tag the poor igbo state and that is ebonyi. Ebonyi is the only SE state that showed more in resources than other SE states, with the exception of oil.

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2017
dragonking2:
Lol, but you're right. I checked statistics and found out that both the South East and core north lands are not so blessed with natural resources. The core north needs the middle belt while the south east needs the Niger delta region to survive when we break up.

Forget all those, 95% of food is from core north. .All natural lie to deceive the gullible. Majority of the food comes from the middle belt.

Infact, from my research, apart from oil, the most blessed region with food and natural resources is the middle belt.

I am still shocked that the region is not among the richest in Nigeria.

Those guys have virtually all the natural resources in their land. No wonder the core northerners are always including them to arewa by fire by force.

When it comes to doing business, the igbos have it hence they will survive but still with assistance from the SS.

I was even shocked further that the only SE state that had more of natural resources is the one they tag the poor igbo state and that is ebonyi. Ebonyi is the only SE state that showed more in resources than other SE states, with the exception of oil.

What is this one saying

Anioma in Delta has oil

Oyigbo in Rivers has oil

Imo has oil

Abia has oil

Anambra has oil

Enugu has coal

Ebonyi has shale oil

Gas and solid minerals are beneath our soil

Most importantly, we have brains to developed modern technologies to sell all over the world

2 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by dragonking2: 8:58am On Jun 13, 2017
HiddenShadow:

What is this one saying

Anioma in Delta has oil

Oyigbo in Rivers has oil

Imo has oil

Abia has oil

Anambra has oil

Enugu has coal

Ebonyi has shale oil

Gas and solid minerals are beneath our soil

Most importantly, we have brains
This is why I say that most nairalanders argue without facts and reasoning.

Did you see the part I put "excluding oil"?..

Now, mention the Important natural resources the South East has when compared to the middle belt?

I am waiting.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 9:00am On Jun 13, 2017
dragonking2:
This is why I say that most nairalanders argue without facts and reasoning.

Did you see the part I put "excluding oil"?..

Now, mention the Important natural resources the South East has when compared to the middle belt?

I am waiting.

We have coal, Limestone, Iron ore, etc

Hope you know that with acquisition of technological knowledge, we can repeat the Japanese miracle
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by dragonking2: 9:05am On Jun 13, 2017
HiddenShadow:

We have coal, Limestone, Iron ore, etc

Hope you know that with acquisition of technological knowledge, we can repeat the Japanese miracle
Lol, all these you mentioned are insignificant in the current world we live today as they can't do Jack to boost an economy. And if you do your research, these very few you mentioned are probably going to be found majorly in ebonyi state, which proves my point.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by ProWalker: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2017
obong:

Of course I prefer to be a minority in a larger nation. Any right thinking person prefers that . A bigger nation gives you room to move around and make alliances. Not in a country with a single large hegemony.

You are right, it's better within Nigeria where the large tribes can always checkmate one another unlike a country where you just have one large tribe that can routinely harass and intimidate the smaller tribes.
No sane ND minority tribe will ever be comfortable in a country where the Igbos are the single majority tribe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING! Igbere Tv Boss DEAD / South Africans Are Surprised With Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate / Ghana’s Economy Cursed And Broke – Duncan-williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.