Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President (2727 Views)

DSS Begged Sowore To Accept 'Death Warrant' Deal - Falana / Video Of Soldiers Killing Policemen In Taraba: Don’t Kill Me, Policeman Begged / 2019:senator Makarfi Visits Ibb For Consultation(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2017
Tony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees, has revealed how the Late MKO Abiola appealed to Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, former military president, to allow him claim his mandate as president even if it was just for a single day.

Babangida annulled the June 12 1993 presidential election in which Abiola contested on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), against his rival Bashir Tofaof the National Republican Convention (NRC).

In his book, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’, Anenih, who was the national chairman of the SDP at that time, said Abiola told him repeatedly that Babangida was trying to embarrass him.

“On the issue of June 12, Chief MKO Abiola had called me on the phone to come for an urgent meeting in Ikeja. I flew to Ikeja and met Alhaji Baba Gana Kingibe, Dr Dele Cole, and Kola, MKO’s son,” he wrote.

“At the meeting, Chief MKO told us that his friend, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, planned to embarrass him. He kept repeating this without stating the type of embarrassment.

“Later, he insisted that we must leave his house for Kola Abiola’s house. He was terribly frightened and depressed. We all moved to Kola’s house in Maryland. Right from this time, Chief Abiola was trying to get President Babangida on the phone, but each time he tried Akilu received the call.

“We could hear Chief Abiola telling Akilu to tell his friend (IBB) that they were still friends, and that he should allow him to be president even for one day, and he would resign thereafter; that all the photographs they took together were still all over his house, and that he should not forget the past, and that God would bless him.

“MKO would repeat Akilu’s words: ‘You mean I should call back in 30 minutes? Okay, I will call back in 30 minutes’. This went on till 7pm when the national anthem was sung on the television and MKO hysterically was saying, ‘Do you see my friend? You see him? You see my friend? He wants to embarrass me. Pointing to the television and there was IBB with a piece of paper in his hand. It was the annulment speech of June 23, 1993, by which President Babangida annulled the election and repealed Decree NO 13 of 1993 and 52 of 1992 on which basis the election had been conducted.”

Anenih said that at a meeting, Babangida he made it clear that the military would not accept Abiola as its commander-in-chief.

“He (Babangida) told the meeting that the military would not accept MKO Abiola and Alhaji Tofa as their commander-in-chief of the armed forces and that we should go and prepare for a fresh presidential election with new candidates,” he said.

“He directed that the SDP and NRC should arrange fresh conventions to pick new candidates. He gave the two political parties six weeks to conduct fresh primaries, confirm the nomination of their candidates and hold fresh elections – an action President Babangida knew would not be possible

https://www.thecable.ng/anenih-abiola-begged-ibb-to-allow-him-become-president-even-for-one-day
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by dexmond: 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
this is unnecessary. U need to delete the post
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
dexmond:
this is unnecessary. U need to delete the post
Nope it's neccesary history is a good teacher

the theme of today's protest supposed to be

#ourcowardicedondo
our cowardice don do

you know what i mean grin

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2017
cc masterchen LionDeLeo omenkalives Jetleeee super1star etc
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by gprincead(m): 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
U mean an Afonja begged aboki to taste power for just a day? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by obonujoker(m): 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
When will both Igbos and Yorubas be tired of tribalism??

Are you guys the only tribes in Nigeria??
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by 989900: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
The dead can't defend themselves . . . whoever is behind this must lack all manner of shame.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by OVI75(m): 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2017
All those One Testicled Children Shouting IPOB re Miscreants Shud Come and Oil their Di*k.

Its Tym to Mastor bate

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by Ajewealth123(m): 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
That was pure karma playing.
He offended God by throwing bibles into ocean
He offended ibb by yanshing his wife
He offended Samuel doe by transferring his money into kola's account
So why so he expect leniency and mercy when he needed it the most?

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 7:25pm On Jun 12, 2017
gprincead:
U mean an Afonja begged aboki to taste power for just a day? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhaha
hohohohohohohohhoho

cc
LionDeLeo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ajewealth123:
That was pure karma playing.
He offended God by throwing bibles into ocean
He offended ibb by yanshing his wife
He offended Samuel doe by transferring his money into kola's account
So why so he expect leniency and mercy when he needed it the most?
and he's roting in deepest part of hell now

cursed rifraf like him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
989900:
The dead can't defend themselves . . . whoever is behind this must lack all manner of shame.
shatap

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by WorldRichest: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
Is there still someone in Nigeria who listens to or believe Tony Anenih? Even his children do not believe him. If you believe him, then you should also believe that Nnamdi Kanu fathered all Bianca's children.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 8:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
WorldRichest:
Is there still someone in Nigeria who listens to or believe Tony Anenih? Even his children do not believe him. If you believe him, then you should also believe that Nnamdi Kanu fathered all Bianca's children.
keep consoling yourself
an elder and top old politician that it happened during his time is telling you something and you're talking Nonsense

well that shows that you don't even believe those things your father told you that happened in their youthful days

abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf useless coward
nonsense

6 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:

Tony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees, has revealed how the Late MKO Abiola appealed to Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, former military president, to allow him claim his mandate as president even if it was just for a single day.

Babangida annulled the June 12 1993 presidential election in which Abiola contested on the platform of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), against his rival Bashir Tofaof the National Republican Convention (NRC).

In his book, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’, Anenih, who was the national chairman of the SDP at that time, said Abiola told him repeatedly that Babangida was trying to embarrass him.

“On the issue of June 12, Chief MKO Abiola had called me on the phone to come for an urgent meeting in Ikeja. I flew to Ikeja and met Alhaji Baba Gana Kingibe, Dr Dele Cole, and Kola, MKO’s son,” he wrote.

“At the meeting, Chief MKO told us that his friend, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, planned to embarrass him. He kept repeating this without stating the type of embarrassment.

“Later, he insisted that we must leave his house for Kola Abiola’s house. He was terribly frightened and depressed. We all moved to Kola’s house in Maryland. Right from this time, Chief Abiola was trying to get President Babangida on the phone, but each time he tried Akilu received the call.

“We could hear Chief Abiola telling Akilu to tell his friend (IBB) that they were still friends, and that he should allow him to be president even for one day, and he would resign thereafter; that all the photographs they took together were still all over his house, and that he should not forget the past, and that God would bless him.

“MKO would repeat Akilu’s words: ‘You mean I should call back in 30 minutes? Okay, I will call back in 30 minutes’. This went on till 7pm when the national anthem was sung on the television and MKO hysterically was saying, ‘Do you see my friend? You see him? You see my friend? He wants to embarrass me. Pointing to the television and there was IBB with a piece of paper in his hand. It was the annulment speech of June 23, 1993, by which President Babangida annulled the election and repealed Decree NO 13 of 1993 and 52 of 1992 on which basis the election had been conducted.”

Anenih said that at a meeting, Babangida he made it clear that the military would not accept Abiola as its commander-in-chief.

“He (Babangida) told the meeting that the military would not accept MKO Abiola and Alhaji Tofa as their commander-in-chief of the armed forces and that we should go and prepare for a fresh presidential election with new candidates,” he said.

“He directed that the SDP and NRC should arrange fresh conventions to pick new candidates. He gave the two political parties six weeks to conduct fresh primaries, confirm the nomination of their candidates and hold fresh elections – an action President Babangida knew would not be possible

https://www.thecable.ng/anenih-abiola-begged-ibb-to-allow-him-become-president-even-for-one-day

You call that cowardice, he at least did not flee like a military man with his tail in between his legs like one colonel Ojukwu, he died for what he believed in. A civilian at, the joke is on you.

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:
keep consoling yourself
an elder and top old politician that it happened during his time is telling you something and you're talking Nonsense

well that shows that you don't even believe those things your father told you that happened in their youthful days

abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf useless coward
nonsense

I have a prophecy for you, you have sown something with this senseless post, and you shall reap it in millions of folds.

Little wonder Anenih lost his son to cold arm of death at a club. Senseless buffoon.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by Adiola(f): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
who knows the part of hell fire the idiot (abiola) is in nincompoop

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
[s]
Dumaknesset:

You call that cowardice, he at least did not flee like a military man with his tail in between his legs like one colonel Ojukwu, he died for what he believed in. A civilian at, the joke is on you.
[/s]
much better than drinking rat poison like say na tea

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s] much better than drinking rat poison like say na tea
Is that all you can come back with. Psst.
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
[s]
Dumaknesset:

[/s]
Osibanjo is a vagabond
awolowo is a rat poison king
abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf prostitute
kiss the truth

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
Adiola:
who knows the part of hell fire the idiot (abiola) is in nincompoop
the one specially prepared for vagabonds like him

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s] Osibanjo is a vagabond awolowo is a rat poison king abiola of cursed memory is a rifraf prostitute kiss the truth
Still lame duck come back! You are not worth it limp noodle.
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
[s]
Dumaknesset:

Still lame duck come back! You are not worth it limp noodle.
[/s]
trash trash trash

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by tutudesz: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Don't let them send their special force after you!

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 9:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
[s]
tutudesz:

Don't let them send their special force after you!
[/s]
better than this grin

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by tutudesz: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s] better than this grin
OJUKWU

Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
[s]
tutudesz:

OJUKWU
[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by tutudesz: 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s] trash trash trash
Ojukwu accepted Nigeria b4 and after death so face It
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by cursedAbiola(f): 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
[s]
tutudesz:

Ojukwu accepted Nigeria b4 and after death so face It
[/s]
more trash
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by 989900: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:
shatap
Re: MKO Abiola Begged IBB For One Day President by tutudesz: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
cursedAbiola:
[s][/s] more trash
why was he not buried with your Biafra flag?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Ready To Lock Horns With Nigeria In A Bloody Civil War! / How 2019 Election Will Be Won By PMB / Anambra State, Declare State Of Emergency & Give Idp Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.