Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Kasala The Lighting Stone - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kasala The Lighting Stone (26131 Views)

The Ancient Stone / Kasala Vegence / Stone Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Chukwudozzie(m): 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
Splendid as always

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 6:59am On Jun 28, 2017
deleted

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Temmason(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2017
Nice
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Chukwudozzie(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2017
Great, what a way to start your morning.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by priestchurch(m): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2017
Amazing creativity..... Wat a story. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Olu317(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
A lovely traditional storyline.
Great effort.. Keep it up
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
Olu317:
priestchurch post=5791578
Chukwudozzie:
[quote author=Temmason post=57910800:

5][/quote]
SirWere:

Thanks.

I figured some of you might be wondering, how Nike got cursed, how she met Tunde, among other things. So I am sharing an excerpt from the Novel before this, just to show you how Nike got cursed.

A excerpt from THE NOVEL KASALA THE CURSE.

The market was rowdy and noisy as buyers and sellers negotiated and traders advertised their wares calling out in loud voices to potential customers.

Everyone was consumed with making their deals in a hurry in order to get back early to their respective homes. The nighttime hours were creeping in, haggling, sales had to be brisk.

Nike was getting tired of walking round the market in search of vegetables, looking for the right ones for her fussy mom, almost in vain.

She had to be careful, not to accidentally step on another foot or get stepped, and get soiled. The ground, as usual, was muddy and covered with dirt.

Finally, she sees a woman with a few vegetables, apparently the last of her stock. Nike was relieved; at least her time here would not be a waste.

“Good evening, ma,” Nike greeted the seller.

“Welcome, my daughter,” was the response.

“How much is this vegetable?” Nike asked, picking up one of the mediocre looking pack of leaves. She did not know how to judge the items, but they were the last… beggars cannot be choosers.

“Three hundred naira,” the woman said, sensing Nike’s naivety.

She looked Nike up and down, believing to see one of those pepperless kids. The seller thoughtfully felt she could wager on that, this young lady’s clothes and carriage said it all.

Nike was not good at haggling, that was her mother’s forte. Her mother could batter any seller to submission over price.

Nike suspected that haggling was a mind game; she wished she could do it. She decided to try.

“It’s too much o, ma. Let me pay two hundred now.”

The seller was going to insist knowing that the girl would pay, but she was feeling merciful today.

“No! For everything you can pay two hundred and eighty.”

Jackpot! Nike sensed weakness; she decided to press her luck.

“Madam, please let me pay two hundred and fifty.”

The seller wanted to smile at the girl; she showed promise, possibly she had a mother that still kept her grounded.

“OK. Bring the money.”

Nike was delighted. She had done it; she had managed to take 50 naira off something. She smiled to herself; at least something had gone her way today.

Yinka started to pack the vegetables for her, she wondered if the girl was going to cut them herself. This Pepperless surely did not appear like she could. Maybe she had a house help or someone else that could help her out.

Then she saw Iya and her face brightened.

“Iya! Eku irole o!” she said greeting Iya good evening in Yoruba.

Nike was also from the Yoruba tribe but did not speak the language and understood precious little of it. She saw that the two women were both talking in quite familiar terms; but she just wanted to get her vegetables and leave.

The seller finished packing the vegetables and Nike stretched her hand to collect them. The seller noticed her customer’s impatience and an uncomfortable air hit her. An apologetic demeanor crossed her face and she put her contrite thoughts into speech, as she handed the vegetables to Iya.

Nike was incensed. “You cannot do that!” she roared.

“My daughter, I’m sorry but she really needs it,” said the seller.

Nike was angry and went into a rage, she struggled for the vegetables.

A part of her mind realized how stupid and rude she must have looked struggling for vegetables with an old lady, but she didn’t care. She was not going to be cheated out of this.

In her rage she rained curses on the Iya, not knowing who she was dealing with. Yinka was aghast and felt a little guilty too. She hoped she could stop this scene somehow.

In anger, Iya spits on Nike’s face, and muttered things Nike could understand. Then, in one final pull, dragged the vegetables from Nike. The woman looked old and frail but her grip was like a vise. The woman stormed off and Nike shouted abuse after her.

“Bitch,” she bellowed, then turned to give Yinka a withering stare and piece of her mind as well. Nike walked out angrily.

She began to get a funny sensation. Then she realized that the old lady’s saliva was still on their face. Nike cleaned it, dabbing it away angrily.

She was tired, depressed, disappointed; let her just go home and try to forget about today. Then she froze…

What was that sound? Her eyes widened, were those… wolves?

She shook her head vigorously, she had to be hearing things, she was not an expert, but she was pretty sure there were no wolves in Lagos.

She was moving quickly, she had a feeling that she had to get out of there. She was just passing by the butcher’s shop when he brought a cleaver down on a portion of the meat he was selling – only to chop off his hand!

Nike saw the hand fly off and blood spurt terribly like her bathroom’s shower. She was sure she was screaming, but she couldn’t hear anything. It was like she was in another world.

She was in the market but not in the market. She saw the butcher’s mouth open in a guttural scream. He fell back; tumbling into an armed policeman whose gun went off and hit a tomato seller.

It was bedlam!!!

People were running everywhere. There was chaos. Nike found herself running too. She was scared, her heart was beating frantically, she had to get out of there. She glanced back and saw, in the midst of the chaos, a large crowd had surrounded the police officer. She had a feeling it was not for a friendly chat.

Nike ran till she got to her car. She jumped in and zoomed off.

Just as she left the spot, an electricity pole fell over and hit the spot she had driven from, crushing two other cars parked beside hers.

What the hell!!!

“Oh man! Oh man! Oh man!” Nike kept muttering to herself as she sped away. “What the hell happened out there,” she pondered, it was like something out of a horror movie.

Little did Nike know it was indeed a horror movie … in real life.

She had just been cursed.

1 Share

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by priestchurch(m): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
I'm benue state, pls hw can I get d book?
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Lexxyla: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
This is fantastic. Following patiently.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
priestchurch:
I'm benue state, pls hw can I get d book?
drop me an email @ bykalamo@yahoo.com
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 12:17am On Jun 29, 2017
deleted

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by olumanja: 12:58am On Jun 29, 2017
Following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by rasiyorum: 9:46am On Jun 29, 2017
My oga this Tory dey make me shiver where ur inspiration dey come from

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by supizino(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2017
i jez dey observe

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Jasmine4(f): 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
Oga mi.....yur story is superb!

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 9:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Jasmine4:
Oga mi.....yur story is superb!

Thanks Jasmine

rasiyorum:
My oga this Tory dey make me shiver where ur inspiration dey come from
Baba my inspiration na from Olodumare.

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 1:57am On Jun 30, 2017
deleted

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Lexxyla: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2017
Finally, we are on front page.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Danpersie31(m): 9:49am On Jun 30, 2017
its really really great to be up dere on FP.. nice piece
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Peppergroove(m): 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
Fp things...update mbok
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by beey2(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2017
@zubike u are too much. Remembered my plight reading ur story (Kasala the curse) when writing a Professional exam? I'm through now and qualified. You're such a good brother to advised that I blast the exam and give you good news of my success and here we are!

The story usually is a PUNCHLINE, how I wish Epic Movies of international standard could be produced.

You just too much jor.
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2017
beey2:
@zubike u are too much. Remembered my plight reading ur story (Kasala the curse) when writing a Professional exam? I'm through now and qualified. You're such a good brother to advised that I blast the exam and give you good news of my success and here we are!

The story usually is a PUNCHLINE, how I wish Epic Movies of international standard could be produced.

You just too much jor.

Congrats! Thats great news.

Thanks Bro.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2017
Peppergroove:
Fp things...update mbok
Danpersie31:
its really really great to be up dere on FP.. nice piece
Lexxyla:
Finally, we are on front page.

Thanks you guy, although, i didn't see it on front page but i guess you guys did. wink grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2017
Chapter 5 DUALITY

Deleted by me.

Shango spared Nike after the others beg, they all drank palm wine together while Shango told them jokes. He hit Ogunshola in the head when he challenged him.

2 Likes

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by tahir01(m): 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
this is EPIC. More updates
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Peppergroove(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2017
More please!..
Ah dtey feel shango overly,only if he knew 'starlight' was coming
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Kassia(f): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2017
Can't wait for the next update
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
deleted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by priestchurch(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Lol... I luv d conditions shango gave to ogunshola...
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by zubike01(m): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2017
deleted
Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by Lexxyla: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2017
4000+ views and just two pages. You people should show some love and drop comments. Don't kill the writer's spirit biko.

Zubike01, nice update bro

1 Like

Re: Kasala The Lighting Stone by joyberry(f): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2017
Zubike01 keep it up, such a captivating story. And always in time to update regularly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Book Publishing In Nigeria / Bloodline.......part Three. [The Family Reloaded] / Famous Books Of African Authors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.