Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion (2171 Views)

Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Do You Think Christianity Had Crushed Our Native Cultures? / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2017
karlz:

no its cause I tell you they were appropriately rewarded by same God who is the very owner of all souls but you wouldnt have any of it so you can call God evil and wicked from your point of view, so infact you are not an atheist; one who believes there is no God, but an anti-christ who believes there is a wicked God and is willing to oppose Him in your own judgement...as for Islam, the Promise of God to the Nation of Isreal is already fulfilled and anything outside this Promise is not from God.
you keep talking off point

I never said your god is wicked, I'm saying his acts on the OT is no better than Mohammed's worst acts

btw, you're making a repetitive mistake here that I've corrected twice but you seem bent on making it over and over

IGNORE MY ATHEISM ON THIS THREAD

just look at me like someone who's OBJECTIVELY comparing Mohammed's acts and Yahweh of old testament

2 Likes

Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2017
karlz:

no its cause I tell you they were appropriately rewarded by same God who is the very owner of all souls but you wouldnt have any of it so you can call God evil and wicked from your point of view, so infact you are not an atheist; one who believes there is no God, but an anti-christ who believes there is a wicked God and is willing to oppose Him in your own judgement...as for Islam, the Promise of God to the Nation of Isreal is already fulfilled and anything outside this Promise is not from God.
bros no dey mind those guys jare.. I know he will still go to cain and abel story.. They will only handpicked a verse in the bible and they'd forget the Bible is a complete book which they ought to know what led to the other. Islam is just a philosophy of a man who thinks he's hearing a voice.. He was/is the first anti christ, i read few of his stories long, long ago and he doesn't worth our Lord Jesus Christ any bit, even Elisha dried bone performed a miracle in the tom and this prophet dead or alive never performed any nor prophesy anything.. He made the religion out of his own believe and forced it on them all arabs through war and his followers take the path but it is for the word of our Christ Jesus to come to past though John 16:2.. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

that is the only thing Jesus said about him(the prophet) and his followers, that's why you see them going about killing christians today all in the name of thier god.. Don't be surprised bro. That's who they were supposed to become. Every muslim today has the spirit of their prophet cuz he wrote the quran and laid the foundation of his religion with his own personal beliefs about life, none was from God.. It's all his own teaching. That's why he said they should beat thier wife.. And that's why you see them going about marrying 50 wives cuz their prophet has 13 or more wives, can't remember the accurate number.

1 Like

Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
what exactly are you trying to do here? these hermeneutics are getting worse by each post..
when the Israelites were to be enslaved in Egypt, did the Egyptians have some agreement with Yahweh for a time they would be enslaved for?

if no, were you then expecting Pharaoh to just look at Moses and just let them go on first attempt? a slave that they used to drive the economy would just be let go because some lonely man came and said something about his version of god

and what's so wrong about Pharaoh's first response?
try to imagine a Muslim coming to take your properties and telling you Allah told him to come and take them because you have used it for a specific time (which you had no knowledge of any time limit before), would your reply be any better than Pharaoh's reply to Moses? or would you just give him your properties instead.......... think about it

and what exactly did Yahweh do to Pharaoh? because last I checked he just kept punishing Egypt instead

so a slave one day comes and say "I want all your slaves that are my people leave this land for free cuz my god promised them something" and you expect him to just let them go easily? did I need to remind you the Egyptians had their own god they're worshipping too?

he "knoweth not that Lord" truly and that's a fact! he's not even telling a lie here, the Egyptians did not know your Yahweh!!

so let's just assume his reply was so very wrong, what would it cost Yahweh to simply kill him? no he doesn't, he doesn't even kill his family

saying the Pharoah deserved what God did to him. Okay, maybe his first reply was so terribly bad, What about the fact that Yahweh went through and killed all of the Egyptian first born children? God literally made the Pharoah just let that happen because he kept hardening his heart. It makes no sense from a moral standpoint to threaten to kill someone's children if they don't give you something, but every time they have a chance to give you what you want you make it impossible. Hell, it never made sense to me either way why he killed their children. He's supposed to literally be the moral authority for all of humanity.
bros before God strikes the first born and before he started doing all those things you said, He shewed pharaoh miracles through moses and He won all the contests, they(egypt) has a god when the pharaoh during the time and days of joseph let them be to serve their God, didn't they? Bros think now.. God warned pharaoh not once, not twice bro before he started dealing with him, pharaoh case is in no way different from king Nebuchadnezzar, who after seeing many wonders and great thing done by God still didn't believe in Him untill God dealt with him then he bacame a witness for God that he wrote with his own hand the greatness of God. If you so much hate the Holy Bible that you don't want to hold it, kindly download it on your mobile and check exodus very, very well.. YAHWEH IS A MERCIFUL ONE.. Take cain and abel for example, after He accept the sacrificeof the latter and the other was wrought, He still called upon cain asking why he was wrought and told him Genesis 4:6 "And the LORD said unto cain, why art thou wroth, and his countenance fell
7. If though doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
..... So bro.. God is ever Faithful and merciful if not you'd be there spewing some trash into His face with His own spirit and He didn't strike you.. Don't worry, i know He has a great plan for you as He does for Saul. Even your great, grand dad tail solarin had no other choice than to seek forgiveness when he was about breathing his lasts.. And as for the story of Jericho, if only they had humbled themselves before the Lord choosen they would not have perished just like some philistines in the days of David who knew that the Lord God was with the house of Isreal and they seek not war against them buh beg for mercy at their sight and also a king who killed his own first born for the fear that the Isreal would destroy them that they may have compassion upon them during the war and it was so that Isreal army withdrew from the war after seeing the head of the hier to the throne at the city gate.. Humble yourself before the Lord and whosoever He has choosen and His wrath shall be lifted. Chikena
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 11:37am On Jun 13, 2017
paybak:
bros before God strikes the first born and before he started doing all those things you said, He shewed pharaoh miracles through moses and He won all the contests, they(egypt) has a god when the pharaoh during the time and days of joseph let them be to serve their God, didn't they? Bros think now.. God warned pharaoh not once, not twice bro before he started dealing with him, pharaoh case is in no way different from king Nebuchadnezzar, who after seeing many wonders and great thing done by God still didn't believe in Him untill God dealt with him then he bacame a witness for God that he wrote with his own hand the greatness of God. If you so much hate the Holy Bible that you don't want to hold it, kindly download it on your mobile and check exodus very, very well.. YAHWEH IS A MERCIFUL ONE.. Take cain and abel for example, after He accept the sacrificeof the latter and the other was wrought, He still called upon cain asking why he was wrought and told him Genesis 4:6 "And the LORD said unto cain, why art thou wroth, and his countenance fell
7. If though doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? And if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
..... Still writing please..

so you're calling snakes swallowing snakes as some sign that Pharaoh should let them go?

bros, you need to think this very well too and personalise this a bit to have a clearer picture

so in the hypothetical scenario I gave about a Muslim asking you to surrender all your properties to him because his own god told him to tell you so and you refuse (which is a sensible thing to do)

if he then somehow tells you that he'll show signs that his god is true with signs by making it rain immediately, he goes down on his knees, slams his head on the floor and heavy rain starts, let's assume further that you pray to god to stop the rain after the rain starts but that didn't happen, maybe the rain subsides a bit but it didn't stop raining
do you now say "Yes! that's a good sign Islam is true and my own religion is fake, Mr Gambari, take all my properties"

would that be your reply? if yes, then I agree totally with you, if you would still damn those signs and say No!, then you can't possibly blame Pharaoh's refusal

this issue isn't as complicated as you're making it seem

1 Like

Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so you're calling snakes swallowing snakes as some sign that Pharaoh should let them go?

bros, you need to think this very well too and personalise this a bit to have a clearer picture

so in the hypothetical scenario I gave about a Muslim asking you to surrender all your properties to him because his own god told him to tell you so and you refuse (which is a sensible thing to do)

if he then somehow tells you that he'll show signs that his god is true with signs by making it rain immediately, he goes down on his knees, slams his head on the floor and heavy rain starts, let's assume further that you pray to god to stop the rain after the rain starts but that didn't happen
do you now say "Yes! that's a good sign Islam is true and my own religion is fake, Mr Gambari, take all my properties Muslim"

would that be your reply? if yes, then I agree totally with you, if you would still damn those signs and say No!, then you can't possibly blame Pharaoh's refusal

this issue isn't as complicated as you're making it seem
i just wrote the conclusion you should see.. So on your scenario ish, this is how it works.. It happens that during the days of Prophet Elijah that their were other false prophets and in the gathering, they called their own god and it answers them not and Elijah called upon His own God too and did He not consume their own gods with fire from heaven.. He answereth by fire.. And in the case of pharaoh, was he not allowed to do/perform his own miracles too? But my God (God of Moses) won on many occasions that he may know that God is truly the One who sent Moses buh he would never listens.. So the answer to your queistion now If any muslim should confront me and win on two occasions then i'm hands down, it totally means have been deceived by all those words in the bible and they were never real. Buh let their be a fair chance, call upon thy own god and lemme call upon my own God and let their be a brawl between them first not just coming straight at me with a dagger on my neck saying his god want him to take something from me.. God i know will/would never forced anything to happen.. He didn't even force people to worship him.. I hope that's clear now.
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 11:56am On Jun 13, 2017
paybak:
i just wrote the conclusion you should see.. So on your scenario ish, this is how it works.. It happens that during the days of Prophet Elijah that their were other false prophets and in the gathering, they called their own god and it answers them not and Elijah called upon His own God too and did He not consume their own gods with fire from heaven.. He answereth by fire.. And in the case of pharaoh, was he not allowed to do/perform his own miracles too? But my God (God of Moses) won on many occasions that he may know that God is truly the One who sent Moses buh he would never listens.. So the answer to your queistion now If any muslim should confront me and win on two occasions then i'm hands down, it totally means have been deceived by all those words in the bible and they were never real. Buh let their be a fair chance, call upon thy own god and lemme call upon my own God and let their be a brawl between them first not just coming straight at me with a dagger on my neck saying his god want him to take something from me.. God i know will/would never forced anything to happen.. He didn't even force people to worship him.. I hope that's clear now.

no there's no dagger at all in that scenario, he simply came amicably for you to surrender your property

and then try to remember that Yahweh can test your faith in him twice or more by letting your opponent win certain battles if the story of Job were anything to go by, perhaps your losing is part of his "plan" cuz he works in mysterious ways, perhaps he really wants you to lose to the Muslim or even lose your property to test your faith

so you're telling me all it would take for you to lose your faith is losing to a Muslim twice?

if yes I do admire your sincerity and I hope you act it

3 Likes

Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Zither(m): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hopefullandlord, you claim that the God of Abraham, in other words, is known for going into random killing spree like Muhammed in the Quoran so that there's nothing that separates both religions.

Long before Moses came into existence the people of Israel had been unjustly made slaves to the Egyptians. They were tortured, they were forced to toil for the king, their men, women and children suffered greatly in their hands because a new and ungrateful king who did not know and appreciate what Joseph did to save Egypt made it so. When Moses was born the current Pharaoh had noticed that the population of the Israelites was increasing geometrically so he ordered the midwives to kill any baby that was a male and spare the female babies. The midwives feared God and did nothing of such so Pharaoh gave the order to throw any male child into the river and spare the female child. This wicked acts of Pharaoh made God's punishment inevitable. It was only a matter of time. Moses was the whip God used to inflict pain and destruction on Pharaoh and his people.

Yes, God hardened Pharaoh's heart because He wanted to punish him for his evil ways as well as show His supremacy to the world over man.

Besides, God is no respecter of persons. He has no favorites. When the Israelites sinned He punished them. When Moses in his anger performed a miracle by making water come out of a rock without giving God the glory God told him he would never enter the promised land.

How does this correlate with the killings carried out by Muhammad? He raped women and killed at will. He terrorized neighbouring cities to satisfy his bloodthirsty nature and as infidels they deserved death. If truly there's no difference between them then why are Christians not waging war against non-christian nations?

As regards the Midianites here is a quote:

Abraham had more sons than just Isaac (by Sarah) and Ishmael (by Hagar). He also had six sons by Keturah, his wife after the death of Sarah: Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah (Genesis 25:2). The Midianites were the descendants of Midian and therefore children of Abraham. They settled in “the land of the east” (Genesis 25:6). Most scholars believe the land of Midian was officially on both sides of the Gulf of Aqaba, although the Midianites showed nomadic tendencies later in their history (see Habakkuk 3:7, ESV).

When Moses fled the wrath of Pharaoh, he traveled to Midian (Exodus 2:15). There, Moses met and married his wife, Zipporah, and served his father-in-law, Jethro, as a shepherd for forty years. The fact that Jethro was “a priest of Midian” (Exodus 2:16) indicates that the Midianites, at least during Moses’ time, still retained the knowledge of the God of their father Abraham (cf. Jethro’s words and actions in Exodus 18). At the end of Moses’ time in Midian, God appeared to Moses—still in Midian—and commissioned him to lead the Israelites out of slavery (Exodus 3—4).

As the children of Israel traveled through the wilderness, they employed the services of a guide familiar with the desert—Moses’ Midianite brother-in-law, Hobab (Numbers 10:29). However, the relations between the Israelites and the Midianites began to sour when the Midianites joined forces with the Moabites in order to hire Balaam to curse Israel (Numbers 22). Later, when Israel fell into idolatry and sexual sin with the Moabite women (Numbers 25), we find that a prominent Midianite woman was also involved (Numbers 25:6). The Lord then told Moses to wage war against the Midianites: “Treat the Midianites as enemies and kill them. They treated you as enemies when they deceived you in the Peor incident involving their sister Kozbi, the daughter of a Midianite leader” (Numbers 25:17–19). The Israelites did eventually attack the Midianites, meting out divine retribution against their enemies (Numbers 31). Five kings of the Midianites were killed, as was Balaam (Numbers 31:cool. This battle was one of the last things Moses accomplished as leader of the Israelites.

During the time of the judges, “the Midianites, Amalekites and other eastern peoples invaded the country” and plundered the land (Judges 6:3). For seven years, “Midian so impoverished the Israelites that they cried out to the Lord for help” (verse 6). God answered their cries and raised up Gideon as a deliverer. With just 300 men, Gideon defeated the armies of the Midianites, although the foe was “thick as locusts. Their camels could no more be counted than the sand on the seashore” (Judges 7:12). Of course, God was involved, and He was the One who granted the victory over the Midianites (verse 22).

Later references to the Midianites include allusions to God’s victory over them (Psalm 83:9; Isaiah 10:26). And, in a prophecy of Israel’s future glory in the Messianic kingdom, Isaiah writes, “Herds of camels will cover your land, / young camels of Midian and Ephah. / And all from Sheba will come, / bearing gold and incense / and proclaiming the praise of the Lord” (Isaiah 60:6).

You asked what crime Jericho committed but you deliberately keep mum over the fact that Rahab and her entire family in the city of Jericho were spared. The walls collapsed but the part of the wall where Rahab's house was located kept standing.

I could still mention hundreds of differences between the God of Abraham and the god of Muhammad but let this suffice to let you know that you know nothing when it comes to religion. Your eagerness to dispute religious claims is the same thing that betrays your ignorance in the matter.
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
Zither:

You asked what crime Jericho committed but you deliberately keep mum over the fact that Rahab and her entire family in the city of Jericho were spared. The walls collapsed but the part of the wall where Rahab's house was located kept standing.

I don't know how this post in any way show what exactly Jericho did wrong, maybe you can elucidate a bit more
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

no there's no dagger at all in that scenario, he simply came amicably for you to surrender your property

and then try to remember that Yahweh can test your faith in him twice or more by letting your opponent win certain battles if the story of Job were anything to go by, perhaps your losing is part of his "plan" cuz he works in mysterious ways, perhaps he really wants you to lose to the Muslim or even lose your property to test your faith

so you're telling me all it would take for you to lose your faith is losing to a Muslim twice?

if yes I do admire your sincerity and I hope you act it
this is funny... Now i see you are a devouted christain still caught up.. So you mean to say you know and believe in His mysterious working ways? And believe in having Faith in Him? Anyway these people won't even come amicably.. It's not in thier blood and secondly.. There's a way of being called christians, you are not one hence you don't know the operation and Job you just mentioned, why did he not failed? because he was operating a higher faith in God and i was there last two years that i almost lost everything even my life buh because i'm called by His name, i'm His son and hence He still work wonders... When God is working, even if you are blind, you'd see it, even if you are deaf, you'd hear it. God is that mighty.. How on earth would you throw a man in a furnance of fire and they are not still been burnt? Why would an hungry lion refuse to eat a fresh meat thrown at them? How would a sea parts into two? I can't just denounce christain God just like that because i failed twice buh because He will be the one to lead me through His spirit and i'd need no one to tell me God is the one working.. Have been serving Him all my Life.. I once prayed this prayer "Lord, if islam is truly the way to your kingdom then please i've given much that i may make this kingdom then help me to see the truth." and He still leads me by Christ Jesus His son.. Like i said in my first post on this thread about a muslim who converted to christain and now a pastor, he prayed to God after seeing a verse in the koran and God shewed him the truth is Christ Jesus and till today, he still prays for all muslims all over the world that God might help them as He has helped him to find the truth. Bye
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Zither:
Hopefullandlord, you claim that the God of Abraham, in other words, is known for going into random killing spree like Muhammed in the Quoran so that there's nothing that separates both religions.

Long before Moses came into existence the people of Israel had been unjustly made slaves to the Egyptians. They were tortured, they were forced to toil for the king, their men, women and children suffered greatly in their hands because a new and ungrateful king who did not know and appreciate what Joseph did to save Egypt made it so. When Moses was born the current Pharaoh had noticed that the population of the Israelites was increasing geometrically so he ordered the midwives to kill any baby that was a male and spare the female babies. The midwives feared God and did nothing of such so Pharaoh gave the order to throw any male child into the river and spare the female child. This wicked acts of Pharaoh made God's punishment inevitable. It was only a matter of time. Moses was the whip God used to inflict pain and destruction on Pharaoh and his people.

Yes, God hardened Pharaoh's heart because He wanted to punish him for his evil ways as well as show His supremacy to the world over man.

Besides, God is no respecter of persons. He has no favorites. When the Israelites sinned He punished them. When Moses in his anger performed a miracle by making water come out of a rock without giving God the glory God told him he would never enter the promised land.

How does this correlate with the killings carried out by Muhammad? He raped women and killed at will. He terrorized neighbouring cities to satisfy his bloodthirsty nature and as infidels they deserved death. If truly there's no difference between them then why are Christians not waging war against non-christian nations?

As regards the Midianites here is a quote:[/b]

I could still mention hundreds of differences between the God of Abraham and the god of Muhammad but let this suffice to let you know that you know nothing when it comes to religion. Your eagerness to dispute religious claims is the same thing that betrays your ignorance in the matter.

stop all these hermeneutics bro

Mohammed raped? I dunno if he did but he is no different from what happened to the Midianite virgin girls which moses said the Israeli soldiers should "keep them alive for yourselves" while killing all male and non virgin girls

so which one is it? 400 years excuse and Pharaoh's first refusal which your brother paybak is saying or the killing of the infants?

BTW the point still stands regardless of it, PHARAOH WAS THE ONE THAT DID WRONG, HE WAS THE ONE THAT KILLED THE CHILDREN, HE WAS THE ONE THAT REFUSED TO LET ISRAELITES GO AT FIRST, HE WAS THE ONE THAT DID ALL THE WRONGS etc
why not just kill him instead? so I can kill your child for your own wrongdoing? are you losing the big picture here?
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
paybak:
this is funny... Now i see you are a devouted christain still caught up.. So you mean to say you know and believe in His mysterious working ways? And believe in having Faith in Him? Anyway these people won't even come amicably.. It's not in thier blood and secondly.. There's a way of being called christians, you are not one hence you don't know the operation and Job you just mentioned, why did he not failed? because he was operating a higher faith in God and i was there last two years that i almost lost everything even my life buh because i'm called by His name, i'm His son and hence He still work wonders... When God is working, even if you are blind, you'd see it, even if you are deaf, you'd hear it. God is that mighty.. How on earth would you throw a man in a furnance of fire and they are not still been burnt? Why would an hungry lion refuse to eat a fresh meat thrown at them? How would a sea parts into two? I can't just denounce christain God just like that because i failed twice buh because He will be the one to lead me through His spirit and i'd need no one to tell me God is the one working.. Have been serving Him all my Life.. I once prayed this prayer "Lord, if islam is truly the way to your kingdom then please i've given much that i may make this kingdom then help me to see the truth." and He still leads me by Christ Jesus His son.. Like i said in my first post on this thread about a muslim who converted to christain and now a pastor, he prayed to God after seeing a verse in the koran and God shewed him the truth is Christ Jesus and till today, he still prays for all muslims all over the world that God might help them as He has helped him to find the truth. Bye

this is deep preaching without still telling us what you'll do, so there's "frequency"

the question here is that what would you do? would you therefore let him go because his prayer thumped yours twice? would you therefore become a Muslim and admit your god has failed you? or do you see it all as a test of faith?

all these preaching are unneeded
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

this is deep preaching without still telling us what you'll do, so there's "frequency"

the question here is that what would you do? would you therefore let him go because his prayer thumped yours twice? would you therefore become a Muslim and admit your god has failed you? or do you see it all as a test of faith?

all these preaching are unneeded
it's obvious have answered your question more than twice now buh your understanding is something else.. You are just in same spot since.. There's no need for any more response. God help us all. Bye
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
I think we've derailed the thread too much here

it all boils down to what "God" is, if you see God as total authority that has the right to do whatever he deems fit and owes no human any explanation, then I find it hard how one can criticise other gods for exercising authority no matter how wrong it looks

cheers I'm out
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
paybak:
it's obvious have answered your question more than twice now buh your understanding is something else.. You are just in same spot since.. There's no need for any more response. God help us all. Bye

just saw this now and I think o should reply for the last time

in the hypothetical scenario I Gave you concluded that if a Muslim goes head to head with you and wins you'll admit the bible is a lie
below are your words

So the answer to your queistion now If any muslim should confront me and win on two occasions then i'm hands down, it totally means have been deceived by all those words in the bible

you gave no condition to this, if he wins it means the bible is a lie

that's why I even commended your sincerity earlier

I then showed you how that's not necessarily true cuz your god actually purposefully let Satan win the battle while he watched Job's reaction, could the Muslim winning be a similar thing?
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
you keep talking off point

I never said your god is wicked, I'm saying his acts on the OT is no better than Mohammed's worst acts

btw, you're making a repetitive mistake here that I've corrected twice but you seem bent on making it over and over

IGNORE MY ATHEISM ON THIS THREAD

just look at me like someone who's OBJECTIVELY comparing Mohammed's acts and Yahweh of old testament
God isnt wicked...but He is morally wrong to have killed innocent infants and hardened pharoahs heart to his destruction...
If you understood my post you wouldnt be comparing God's actions with any others'
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by hopefulLandlord: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
karlz:

God isnt wicked...but He is morally wrong to have killed innocent infants and hardened pharoahs heart to his destruction...
If you understood my post you wouldnt be comparing God's actions with any others'

okay
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by CoolUsername: 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

okay

Dude, I think you just won.
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Kbanka: 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
paybak:
you can do yourself a favour by searching that christianity and see, coined by man though and it means "followers of christ" "like Christ."

2. The old testament law was abolished through the preaching of Jesus Christ and reason why the old testament is still a bible is beacuse most of the books in the old testaments bear reacords of the coming of jesus christ.. How then do you expect to believe in the miracle of Christ and His birth as the messaiah without a traceable prophesies hence the need for the old testament.. And old testament is totally about isrealites and since jesus of nazareth was/is an isrealite, then the need for the old testament in the Bible. The laws which the new testament abolished were the sacrifices and the killing of rams and presenting of burnt offerings for sake of sin of individual, families and sorts.

3. What do you mean by "is there a book of jesus"? I'm not getting that, buh if you mean if jesus ever wrote a book in the bible then i will implore you to please get a bible someday. Even your prophet that came 500 years after never wrote the Quran himself. Jesus had disciples following him everywhere all through His ministry and they bear recoed of everything He said and preached. So i'm not understanding what you really mean by that.

1. Which man coined the term?

2. Makes sense now that yu put it that way.

3. The Bible is a record of Jesus' actions? Are yu sure I have a prophet?
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Kbanka: 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
karlz:

are you an atheist that says there is NO GOD but yet you hate Him? whats the point answering you?

Your answers are meant to convince us that what the OP posted is enough reason for us to embrace Christianity despite enriching one 'man of God' in the process.
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Kbanka: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
paybak:
bros no dey mind those guys jare.. I know he will still go to cain and abel story.. They will only handpicked a verse in the bible and they'd forget the Bible is a complete book which they ought to know what led to the other. Islam is just a philosophy of a man who thinks he's hearing a voice.. He was/is the first anti christ, i read few of his stories long, long ago and he doesn't worth our Lord Jesus Christ any bit, even Elisha dried bone performed a miracle in the tom and this prophet dead or alive never performed any nor prophesy anything.. He made the religion out of his own believe and forced it on them all arabs through war and his followers take the path but it is for the word of our Christ Jesus to come to past though John 16:2.. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
3. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

that is the only thing Jesus said about him(the prophet) and his followers, that's why you see them going about killing christians today all in the name of thier god.. Don't be surprised bro. That's who they were supposed to become. Every muslim today has the spirit of their prophet cuz he wrote the quran and laid the foundation of his religion with his own personal beliefs about life, none was from God.. It's all his own teaching. That's why he said they should beat thier wife.. And that's why you see them going about marrying 50 wives cuz their prophet has 13 or more wives, can't remember the accurate number.

It's Christianity yu hoped to spread with this post, abi? Why have yu resorted to bashing other religions instead of promoting christianity and Christians? Sell me your ideology, maybe I might buy it. Personally, I'm a fan of making sense. Right nw, the way you and OP are putting it, is not helping.

If this were a debate with Karl, OP and paybak VS Hopefullandlord alone, I'll go with Hopefullandlords argument since, IMHO, he's making more sense and hasn't resorted to chastising other religions like the rest of yu. With that, the post is achieving the opposite of what it started out to achieve.

Henceforth, bear in mind that it's nt a comparison between Islam and Christianity (that wouldn't do much either since there are other religions out there). Be objective and get to the point. Why do you 'think' Christianity is the only true religion?
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Kbanka:

Your answers are meant to convince us that what the OP posted is enough reason for us to embrace Christianity despite enriching one 'man of God' in the process.
there is no way 2 sides of a story can be true, thats the problem with Christianity as in the Bible, and Islam as in the Quran. They both claim to come from the same God but have opposite beliefs and thats what I pointed out initially, saying there is no God is a different topic.
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by swegiedon(m): 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
cheesy really?
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Kbanka: 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
[quote author=Zither post=57476396][color=green]Hopefullandlord, you claim that the God of Abraham, in other words, is known for going into random killing spree like Muhammed in the Quoran so that there's nothing that separates both religions.

So he sinned even before he knew of the existence of God?
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
paybak:
I think those that went to God only through His son is on the right path.. I have this pastor who converted from islam who will always take time to pray for his brethren in the religion that they may read and understand the koran(quran) he said before he and his family agrees to destroy the mosque in theie compound he used to be the one to do call to worship and all sort and as time goes by, he came across a verse in the quran which state that "ye have seen the truth buh ye blieve it not" so he said he read, meditate and prayed to God for this truth and that's when God direct him to His son.. And he ask God for a sign still if indeed christianity is the truth that was reffered to in the quran and he said God gave him the gift of speaking in tongue right from the dreams.. And also aside that, he and other muslim converts testify that the quran bear record of jesus christ which is why it mentions His name even more than the prophet.
obviously.
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Ioseph(m): 12:08am On Jun 14, 2017
paybak:
I think those that went to God only through His son is on the right path.. I have this pastor who converted from islam who will always take time to pray for his brethren in the religion that they may read and understand the koran(quran) he said before he and his family agrees to destroy the mosque in theie compound he used to be the one to do call to worship and all sort and as time goes by, he came across a verse in the quran which state that "ye have seen the truth buh ye blieve it not" so he said he read, meditate and prayed to God for this truth and that's when God direct him to His son.. And he ask God for a sign still if indeed christianity is the truth that was reffered to in the quran and he said God gave him the gift of speaking in tongue right from the dreams.. And also aside that, he and other muslim converts testify that the quran bear record of jesus christ which is why it mentions His name even more than the prophet.

How does this prove that Christianity is the one true religion?

You do know that there are more religions than just Christianity and Islam, right?
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kbanka:

It's Christianity yu hoped to spread with this post, abi? Why have yu resorted to bashing other religions instead of promoting christianity and Christians? Sell me your ideology, maybe I might buy it. Personally, I'm a fan of making sense. Right nw, the way you and OP are putting it, is not helping.

If this were a debate with Karl, OP and paybak VS Hopefullandlord alone, I'll go with Hopefullandlords argument since, IMHO, he's making more sense and hasn't resorted to chastising other religions like the rest of yu. With that, the post is achieving the opposite of what it started out to achieve.

Henceforth, bear in mind that it's nt a comparison between Islam and Christianity (that wouldn't do much either since there are other religions out there). Be objective and get to the point. Why do you 'think' Christianity is the only true religion?
no one is bashing any religion here, just pointing out the differences.. And as for you going with hopefullandlord, what else do you think i was expecting? You going with me and other christian here? Totally impossible.. Same way i would always go with my christian brother anyday anytime.. And that hopefullandlord is just one place from the beginning, like wanting or forcing someone to say ill of oneself, that's all he want. And my dear brother, have resorted never to start an arguement with any atheist or other beliefs anymore.. This is one thing you've grow up with and same here.. We will neither have a winner nor a looser.. I even read in a post where a muslim was arguing blindly that the comforter jesus christ was reffering to in the bible was thier prophet.. Like he knows the bible more than those that wrote it. He grew up being a muslim and people that grew up being a christain were still telling him the comforter is holy spirit buh no, what was written 600 years after in arab is the correct one to him. So my dear brother let everyone hold one to their beliefs.. my post is meant for confused christain, not to start arguement.. So thanks to you, hopefullandlord and others who have taken out their time to contribute what they know and belief. Bye
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ioseph:

How does this prove that Christianity is the one true religion?

You do know that there are more religions than just Christianity and Islam, right?
hey bro, if you check very well from the starting, i wrote for confused christain thinking of converting to islam.. And by the way, what other religion could be more truthful than the teachings which come from God Himself? Buh anyway, i'm not here for that.
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kbanka:

you see, that's you peoples problem.. You never were a christain to know the promises of God.. First, for what reason do you think God said tithe should be paid? Have you even ever wondered how the choosen levite feeds, how they take care of their family after been choosen by God as a full time priest? No.. If you are aginst tithing it means you are telling God that He knows not what He's saying. That's a way of feeding those He choosed to preach His kingdom buh you will never know when you are not in the system buh only spewing trash from afar when you don't even know God self.. He even said, "Seek ye first my kingdom and every other thing shall be added unto you." so it was tithing that made David that great even before he became king, hun? Was he not the man after Gods' heart? Why won't God bless him abundantly? Bro, get this philosophy out of your brain.. How much do you even have to pay a pastor as a tithe that would made him rich, hun? How much do you even earn in a month, hun? Now tell me, Bishop Oyedepo ministry that many of your kind want to commit suicide over built the biggest auditorium(first of its kind) back then when the church isn't everywhere. So tell me how many peoples tithe he gathered to build that? Tell me how many peoples tithe he gathered to school abroad? Tell me how many peoples tithe he gathered to send himself to uk,us to receive the spirit from kenneth e haggin? Hun? Tell me please.. This thing is like you peoples problem.. You don't wanna spend your money in the house of God which is why most of your people have the money buh no peace of mind cause they'd surely spend it on some sort of uncurable disease.. Buh like i said earlier, i'm not here for any arguement. Bye
Re: I Think Christianity Is The Only True Religion by Wilgrea7(m): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2017
paybak:

hello.. you can't use a quote from a book to defend that book.. you can't defend Christianity as the only true religion and way to God by sidelining all other religions based on the premises that only your religion supports... the same way other religions are wrong according to your belief and book, you are also wrong according to the beliefs and holy books of another person and religion.. concerning converts, people convert to different things .. people leave Christianity for Islam.. people leave Islam for Christianity.. people leave Christianity for atheism.. people can convert from one religion to another.. but that doesn't mean it validates the religion.. religion is religion.. it is what it is.. if you still have other reasons as per why Christianity is the only true religion and way to God, I'm happy to hear it.. thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Encounter With Lucifer / Nostradamus Predictions For World War in 2020 . / The Truth About Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.