Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo (32020 Views)

Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins / What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by Nickizoe(f): 6:49am On Jun 14, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Yes, Nicki. Fiscal federalism is the answer. We need to restructure the country and let regions develop at their own pace.
it sure does. But is the govt ready to do that? Or they find all this agitations funny?

We just have a wicked GOVT...

I just pray and want to experience a govt that is rational..
Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by akpamuomenka: 7:25am On Jun 14, 2017
Basic123:

lolz...like uwazuiruke just did to Igbos?

Uwazurike is a criminal. We have rejected him long time ago.
Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by Basic123: 8:21am On Jun 14, 2017
akpamuomenka:

Uwazurike is a criminal. We have rejected him long time ago.
just be deceiving yourself,he still remain an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by einscienstist(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
deedeedee1:

Shut your dirty igbotic mouth! You make provocative statements and expect people to like you, how is that possible? Look at the way you insulted yoruba and hausa in this thread. Lugard insulted all ethnic group, but you decided to use it to boost your stupid ego while rediculing other tribes.
I think you igbos are irritants and useless.

shey u c say you no go ever get sense......
I no get any relationship with igbo....

1 Like

Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by einscienstist(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
hardbody:

My forbears were not like the Eshugbayi Elekos and their brothers who handed everything in governance over to the white man whimpering and without a fight. We fought to retain what was ours. We were and are still brave. The story I read there runs contrary to what some people claim here, calling Igbos cowards.

You need more moral lessons? Use your head.

I was understanding your point... until I read d last line....
like this, like this I cease from being a die hard BIAFRA supporter.... all of una na dsame,,
Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by engrchykae(m): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2018
TippyTop:

Why is it your problem what we describe ourselves as?
and where is NORTHNORTH?
Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by stieyven(m): 3:18pm On Jun 08, 2019
stephleena:
so lugard knew, the Hausa man,is a menace, wherever he goes, citing Benue,and southern Kaduna as examples, yet he forced us together?? he knew, afonjas, are disloyal,and double faced,yet he forced them,down our throats? tell me why,the devil shouldn't drill lugard's ass? Nigeria, is a scam.
Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by stephleena(f): 3:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
stieyven:

Love your enemies and bless those who curse you and pray for those who despitefully use you. LUKE 6 :28
OK
Re: What Lord Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba And Igbo by Christistruth03: 10:01am On Sep 09, 2023
The man is right.... but that will not stop me from blaming him and his colleagues for the woes of this nations ... you know all these things and you still joined the Southern and Northern protectorates... knowing that it is an "inappropriate marriage"...... Your colleagues too gave us Independent when we are way not ready at all.. and here we are lamenting about what was originally caused by our power drunk "Heroes".....

Thirdly and lastly I want to blame that my great great grand father who went hiding when the white men were looking for slaves .. he should have followed them and who know, may be I for no dey here now

They are still looking for slaves in Libya you can go there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Names Abiola Ajimobi Acting National Chairman / Yasmine, El-rufai's 25 Year Old Daughter, Found Dead In London / Macky Sall: "I Am President Buhari's Younger Brother", Senegalese President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.