Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,666 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

What Every Woman Should Know. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Every Woman Should Know. (486 Views)

My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her / 8 Things Every Man Should Know How To Do / Why An Igbo Man Who Marries An Igbo Woman Should Go To Jail By Cool Fm Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Every Woman Should Know. by real27: 3:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
This is to all the women out there. Death is inevitable for us all but what matters most is how we handle life after losing a loved one most especially OUR HUSBANDS!!
The demise of one's spouse in most cases will reveal peoples true intentions toward you and believe me some of them will SHOCK YOU!!
Below is a list i advice every woman to equip themselves with, it might be a scary read but PLEASE do not take it lightly because this list might just save you and your beautiful children from a life of regret, sorrow, disappointment and suffering.
These are steps you should take while hubby is alive and immediately he dies or you hear of his death.

1. Ensure you introduce yourself as his wife (next of kin) and get the authentic death certificate signed by the doctor once you have physically confirmed his death.
2. Secure all personal family documents in a safe place away from the house.
3. Take all the vehicles to a safe place away from the house, leaving only one functional car for burial arrangements
4. Get the family lawyer ASAP to be present at every family meeting.
5. While married ensure that all official ceremonies have family members in attendance with proof via photos or videos.
6. Ensure that while hubby is alive he keeps a written record of all his financial transactions especially with friends and family members.
7. All his legal documents MUST have you as his next of kin!!
8. Have access to his accounts via token transfer or ATM pin code.
9. Ensure you have access to his phone unlock code, passwords etc
10. Immediately news of his death gets to you, inform your direct family and assign each one a task before getting to the location of his death.
11. Ensure all properties are in hubby's name or yours never in children's name.
12. Never allow extended family access to your matrimonial room especially when hubby is alive.
13. Try as much as possible not to involve third parties in settling disputes in your home while hubby is alive.
14. If he is an office executive meet directly with his boss or board in the presence of a witness (your lawyer) to ascertain his entitlements/ benefits.
15. Ensure you ALWAYS accompany him for routine medical checkup at a registered family hospital and have direct access to your family doctor always.
16. Don't hide things from your spouse(let him trust you), treat him like a king and friend and he will open up to you like a flower early at sunrise.
17. As much as possible avoid violence and tension during funeral arrangements especially with your in-laws.

This list has not been arranged in any particular order. I would also advice husbands to read through this and put/ keep your life and family in order.
Live well, Rest well!!!
Re: What Every Woman Should Know. by fighterjetc130(m): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
FTC! I dedicate this frontpage to IDPs
Re: What Every Woman Should Know. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
Me n hubby will die together n go to Heaven Whr all my asset truly are. Gud Info tho wil kip dis in mind.
bt pls cn u enlighten me y i should never use my children as my next of kin?
if hubby Bleep up nko?
dis applies to wives too ryt?
Re: What Every Woman Should Know. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
Must the husband die first?
Which kind thread be this na.

1 Like

Re: What Every Woman Should Know. by MissIndependent(f): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
Lol...I wish the OP is here to answer questions. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Meme / Some Times I Have This Feeling / We All Have Our Hidden Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.