Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

How Osinbajo Signed The Death Of "One Nigeria" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osinbajo Signed The Death Of "One Nigeria" (952 Views)

Yunusa Tanko: How Osinbajo’s Tact, Capacity To Lead Nigeria Angered The Cabal / How Osinbajo Campaigned For Dapo Abiodun In Ogun / See How Osinbajo Was Received In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Osinbajo Signed The Death Of "One Nigeria" by Biafrareform(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Comrade Phils Wrote:

My brother and kinsman, Akunna Akunna Jr. who also happens to be an Islamic scholar and a Muslim said,

"those who believe in one Nigeria are morons."

It came as a shocker to me coming from him because Akunna's compound is next to mine in the village and I know how much I tried to dissuade him when he first mentioned to me that he has joined Islam years back and moved to Kano.

I watched him grow from just being a Muslim to an Islamic scholar and a distinguished one especially in the field of abstract thinking and contemporary philosophy.

Even when Akunna tried to defend his new stands against the one-ness of Nigeria, I still baffled in shock until I came across the breakdown of the recent budget whose signing ceremony was more celebrated than the victory of Donald Trump thus:

BREAK DOWN OF 2017 CAPITAL BUDGET AS ALLOCATED by Regions.

North Central N209 Billion

North West. N73.7 Billion.

South West. N48.97 Billion.

North East. N46.69 Billion.

South South. N35.31 Billion.

South East. N28.22 Billion.

There it is, the death of "One Nigeria" clearly signed and sealed by Professor Yomi Osinbajo yesterday and celebrated across Nigeria.

After seeing this, I clearly understood how right my brother Akunna was.

You see, with this breakdown, I still believe in Nigeria but I doubt if I still believe in "one Nigeria."
Nigeria is the reality we face but "One Nigeria" is a faceless lie. It has never existed and may never exist.

We are left with the option of a "Restructured Nigeria" which will still not define "One Nigeria" but will allow us have multiple Nigeria('s) in agreement to share one surname.

The most genuine reasons for this being that our collectiveness leaves us stronger in might especially within our continent and defines us within the world space and the fact that it allows us leave "One Nigeria" and move to "Nigeria" through dialogue and without bloodshed.
Re: How Osinbajo Signed The Death Of "One Nigeria" by gidimafia: 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Shaii no East for Nigeria again...Kilode
Re: How Osinbajo Signed The Death Of "One Nigeria" by Kyase(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
kilode, the whole south east is not up to oyo state and i believe if not mistaken, NORTH CENTRAL has the largest land mass in Nigeria, i stand corrected though.
Buhari pacifying the NC for her loyalty to the core North over the year.
Thankgod say no be NW get that 206billa if not.
NairalandHowTo
gravas

2 Likes

Re: How Osinbajo Signed The Death Of "One Nigeria" by FriendNG: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kyase:
kilode, the whole south east is not up to oyo state and i believe if not mistaken, NORTH CENTRAL has the largest land mass in Nigeria, i stand corrected though.
Buhari pacifying the NC for her loyalty to the core North over the year.
Thankgod say no be NW get that 206billa if not.
NairalandHowTo
gravas

If not? Na serious wahala and debate go start.

Pls look at this hypocrisy. Since it comes to national cake it is north central but when tribalism and separation set it, it will change to middle belt.

Southern Hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Signed The Death Of "One Nigeria" by Kyase(m): 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
FriendNG:

If not? Na serious wahala and debate go start.

Pls look at this hypocrisy. Since it comes to national cake it is north central but when tribalism and separation set it, it will change to middle belt.

Southern Hypocrisy.
haha you dey mind dem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari’s Attempt To Get Cosy With Nigerians On Twitter Backfires / Any Update On These Ultimatums? / Nigerian Army Emergency Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.