Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic (3698 Views)

Bianca Onoh Ojukwu As Winner Of Miss Intercontinental In 1989 (Throwback Photos / Bianca Ojukwu As The Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria In 1988 (Throwback Photos) / Barefooted Nnamdi Kanu Kneels & Prays To gods In Anambra To Restore Biafra (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by iammanuel(m): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Chief Justice of Biafra, Sir Louis Nwachukwu Mbanefo (1911-1977) swears in Emeka Ojukwu as head of state of the defunct Republic of Biafra on June 10, 1967.

Sir Mbanefo, knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1961, was the first lawyer from Onitsha and from the Eastern Region. He was called as Justice to the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1952, until 1967 when he became the Chief Justice of Biafra. He remained in Biafra till the very end after Ojukwu fled and left him and Maj. Gen. Phillip Effiong to negotiate the terms of surrender with Nigeria.

"History will judge Sir Louis and Major-General Phillip Effiong as men of sterling courage and integrity who rather than prolong the suffering of Biafra effectively negotiated an end to hostilities; while those who preached a fight to the very end fled, they stayed in Biafra and took the necessary and dignified step of ending the unnecessary suffering of their people."

After the war, Sir Louis refused to return to the bench as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria but remained in Biafra to spend his later years in charity and church work.

Sir Louis Nwachukwu Mbanefo, died in 1977, aged 65, as a knight of the British Empire, with his pride and integrity intact.

#Biafra #Mbanefo #Ojukwu #CivilWar #Nigeria

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by iammanuel(m): 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
lalasticlala. Help me push am up. wink wink
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by ojun50(m): 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
See men them no be those thy day make noise up nd down
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by 0b100100111: 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2017

They had never known as at that time that he was going to sacrifice 3,000,000 of them on a platter of wood

I just pray devil enters Nnamadi Kanu too so he can thread on same path

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Thisboysef(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
Waow
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by sarrki(m): 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
iammanuel:
lalasticlala. Help me push am up. wink wink

Ojukwu failed God and Humanity

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
Lesson learnt..... But the youths still don't get it undecided undecided undecided undecided

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Pharaoh9(m): 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
GANG UP AGAINST THE SOUTH EASTERN NIGERIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8ZiX_S_Id8

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by ThinkSmarter: 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
May the will of God happen in Nigeria.
If it is His will for us to stay 2geda as one Country, let it be and if otherwise, so be it.

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
0b100100111:

They had never known as at that time that he was going to sacrifice 3,000,000 of them on a platter of wood

I just tire

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
TrueSenator:
Lesson learnt..... But the youths still don't get it undecided undecided undecided undecided

Kids don get it..... Even the Kanu don't know what war is...
Kanu is a kid.

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nwakaumu2: 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
OrestesDante:

Kids don get it..... Even the Kanu don't know what war is...
Kanu is a kid.
So from which war did ojukwu learn war?oya answer me.
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nwakaumu2:
So from which war did ojukwu learn war?oya answer me.

Ojukwu was a General... Shanmute!!!
Abi generals don't go to war? Oya answer me....
Kanu -is a British-Nigerian political
activist.

Kids and sheeples everywhere. Mtchew

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by kingzizzy: 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
0b100100111:

You are talking about the 3 million Nigeria killed in the name of 'one Nigeria'? This is why Nigeria should not be. Anything that can kill 3 million people like 'one Nigeria' is something evil and should not be

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by EasternWind: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
Bravest of soldiers Africa ever produced
Salute Sir
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by EasternWind: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
BIAFRANS, LET US REASON TOGETHER
QUESTION: Dear Russell, permit me to asked these following questions, I duly believe strongly on your efforts since this struggle and you have some days ago met with IPOB spiritual leader, mazi Nnamdi KANU, my questions are as follows, how prepared, he is,if eventuality the north attack the southeast, how far he has try to discuss with the south south, any reprisals if the Biafra are attacked by the soon to be enemy, how sure are you that the south south Will be in support of actualizing the Biafra project by abandoning their eternal masters Hausa Fulani and Yoruba, it is true we came always to air our views but that has never been any co contrite arrangement I have seen so far,you that the opportunity's to meet Mazi Nnamdi KANU, and let's hear his answer,don't answer on his behalf,today he's out from detention, so j need answer bros Russell
---- Evangelist Iyke Felix
Thanks for your question, whatever its true intent is. First, I am Russell Idatoru Bluejack, an individual who lacks the lacuna to speak for the Niger Delta. I put it to you, dear brother, that no one has the mandate to speak for a people. Yes, we have elders here down South, but whether their modus vivendi is elderly is an entirely new argument. I am not a Niger Deltan in the same way others claim. I was born a Niger Deltan, but transformative and liberating education has ingrained in me a mental outlook that enables me to see anyone that affects my life as either my brother or foe. Take note, brother, I have gained absolutely nothing from being seen as a Niger Deltan! I went to school alone. I work hard to eat. I studied hard to the gamut that I became tutor to my contemporaries across departments, the reason I am called Prof. There is no impactful and transforming presence of crude oil in my life. Let those who swim in the ocean of haughtiness tell you whether they even know the colour of crude oil. Yes, we own the oil; however, we are alienated from its use and proceeds. How Niger Deltan is that?
The pride of being a Niger Deltan is loud online, yet virtually nonexistent in actuality. It is against that backdrop that I think our brothers and sisters down South should reexamine their teething human and economic problems and take a stand. I will tell you what I see around me. I see poverty in the Niger Delta. We own the oil, yet we have very few billionaires. How many billionaires can Rivers State boast of? Anambra has more than 1500 billionaires. Is someone thinking? Possessing the resource is one thing; exerting control and use over it is another. The resource is ours, yet owned by emirs and generals from the North. How Niger Deltan are we? Are we regionally Niger Deltan or resourcefully so? How many indigenous oil companies are owned by Niger Deltans? How many Niger Deltan youths are absorbed by these oil companies? We own the resource, the companies are our supposed tenants, yet the North and West constitute the clientele of these companies. How Niger Deltan are we?
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will not jump into our heads and make us consider these issues, will he? He submitted his sovereignty to Nigeria in his altruistic bid to prove that he was not an armchair agitator for freedom. He was beaten, unjustly incarcerated for years, and given the most ridiculous bail conditions. These he did to reawaken us, to cause the speck fall off our eyes, to make us show a leg from this overstretched slumber. I am a very young, penurious Niger Deltan that thinks the youths here must rise to the occasion. I have given what I have to sting our youths. I don't have any business with the barrel and nozzle (guns), but what I have does not have limit. Every good essay written affects millions of lives. No gun, irrespective of its bewildering firepower, can do that. Thanks be to God that the response is encouraging. I have our brothers in the East, most of whom reside outside the shores of this suppressive enclave called Nigeria, to thank for that. The pervading Niger Delta mindset, one that is about SELF as against OTHERS, is the real problem. Our people are hind-sighted, not farsighted, and not foresighted. Here, we talk about our own Republic without asking ourselves whether we can wade through the thorny international prerequisites to actualize it.
I, Russell Idatoru Bluejack, a native of Peterside, Bonny LGA, along with my family, friends, comrades, and like-minded followers do hereby align myself with the Mazi Nnamdi Kanu-led IPOB for the onward articulation of a nation that will be devoid of gun battles, arson, suppression, subjugation, malice, discrimination, prejudice, and destructive propaganda. I enjoin all well-meaning Niger Deltan to consider the creed of IPOB with an open mind and do the needful. Let us consider our children and their own children. We have forgiven our brothers in the East for their past malfeasances. We beseech them to forgive us, too. Let us work together. LET US JUBO JUBO BELEMA - LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Finally, our people should come back home. Nobody will fight a war that he has already won. Let them incur the losses and return home. It is that simple. Nation-building requires enormous sacrifice. No one gives you freedom: you grab it.

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nwakaumu2: 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
OrestesDante:

activist.

when you say that some one is a political activist does a political activist sound or look like some one who is afraid of war,when we know that war is a continuation of politics?
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by dreamwords: 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
ewedu gubblers oya spoil this thread
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
OrestesDante:

activist.

Ojukwu was never a General. He was retired with full benefits by the Obassanjo administration (1999-2007) as a Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by ettybaba(m): 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
Before he bolted to a brothel in Ivory Coast.
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by ettybaba(m): 11:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
EasternWind:
Bravest of soldiers Africa ever produced

Salute Sir
Tell me you're joking.
How can a man that ran to a brothel in Ivory Coast leaving his ragtag soldiers behind be referred to as a brave man?
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by EasternWind: 11:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
ettybaba:

Tell me you're joking.
How can a man that ran to a brothel in Ivory Coast leaving his ragtag soldiers behind be referred to as a brave man?
It's better than to drink rat poison

And know if he were to be Abiola he can't be locked up like a common criminal

Have u seen I was joking?
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Rainmaker69(m): 3:52am On Jun 14, 2017
This is a valuable piece of history
Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:00am On Jun 14, 2017
One of the greatest pictures for Black people world wide, as in, serious black people, unlike the bedsheets wearing servant of Arabia and England

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by EzeUche(m): 4:02am On Jun 14, 2017
This was before Nigeria brought war to my homeland when we simply wanted to be free.

Re: Swearing In Of Ojukwu As Head Of State Of Biafra By Chief Justice Of Biafra+ Pic by Jabioro: 4:03am On Jun 14, 2017
ojun50:
See men them no be those thy day make noise up nd down
Where are the men or you wanted to say men in women blouse and skirt in disguised..

Why Nigerians Hate Igbos, By Chinua Achebe. IBS ALART. / The Untold story of Yusuf's Bike Accident: Every Single Life In Nigeria Matters / The Reason Most Yorubas Hate Atiku Is Because Of Obi