Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man (1994 Views)

Buratai Hosts Soldiers To Easter Luncheon (Photos) / Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba / Buhari Hosts Pastor Kumuyi & Wife, Esther Kumuyi In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2017
honeychild:

My brother, don't mean to derail the thread, I just wanted to point out that one of the key ingredients of a lasting marriage is loyalty.

Loyalty is what will keep you with your wife when she has become fat and shapeless

Loyalty will keep her with you when you lose your job or when you are sick. Don't knock loyalty. That's what marriage vows are all about. "In sickness and health, in poverty and riches till death do us part." That's the definition of loyalty.

I agree with you partially but I think there is more to it.

I would think that what would make you remain with your wife when she is all fat and shapeless is love and friendship build over time (at this point I agree that friendship are built on loyalty). There are cases of people still loving their fat and shapeless wife not because they are loyal to their wives but because the love the very person that their wives are.

There are people whose partner has been nothing but disloyal but some of them still agree to continue the relationship out of love.

I don't know but I think there is more to it than being loyal.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by EasternWind: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2017
This is just normal. It wasn't as a result of special virtue or kindness of the tribes u mentioned. This is just individual experience which every traveller has.
Hausas quit notice to Igbos doesn't mean there re not Hausas who're genuinely against it but majority carries the vote.
As at this morning, I heard Igbo woman and Hausa man greeting and the woman said to him "ur people has as our people to leave ur land". In response the Hausa asked "how is it possible? unless everyone will go and Nigeria divides. From his statement u already know his a beneficiary of another's land.

So no big deal about ur experience.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by gegee(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2017
KratosCorp:
You obviously fid not reaf the OP.

OP said HE IS IN SUPPORT OF BIAFRA. He only reminded you that getting Biafra does not mean being your enemy.

Regarding war mongering, can you please show me where JUST ONE igbo person threatened the Yoruba with war on this forum? I will show you 20 war/genocidal threats from the Yorubas.

that the yorubas do it does not mean igbos dont do it and doesnt make it right either.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Doublecheck: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2017
Op while I appreciate your narrative and attempt at promoting peace you were a bit Economical with the truth and tried to portray some way beyond their supposed kindness and lied about a few things.

Well I will state just two so as not to outrighhtly criticize you or disturb the purpose of this thread.

1. About your landlord, You probably stayed in a one room or self con at the time your father paid your rent probably 10-15 years ago so the rent could not have exceeded 25-35k so paying 10k was not bad at all most landlords will appreciate that cause at all at all na him bad pass and considering the fact that some tenants must have been worse off.

2. I don't know about your family, but Igbo's did not run out of Lagos what most did was send their wives and kids back home, We sent my mom our sister and last born home our boys and the rest of us stayed and this was in Ajao estate a lot of Igbo's rocked Lagos then and made a lot of cash cause we started opening our show room on the 13 of June most of those Igbo who traveled were those domiciled in Yoruba dominated areas i remember many of such people coming to Ajao estate, festac, ago, isolo satellite, ajagbadi to settle with the Igbo brothers we too received many cousins then and it was fun we never felt more secured in our Lagos than that period.

Then again not one Igbo mans property was seized June 12 not even Ojukwu's i don't know where you got that from I believe you were mistaking it for the abandoned property saga after the civil war. Yorubas could not have sealed Igbo properties when Igbo's were still very much around and when the riots was very scanty with no intensity, just protest and burn fires.

The fact that all you stated were when you were young apart from your current clients non of these tribes have influenced you in recent times and did you no meet Benins and calabar dudes i think those are the realist guys in Lagos, they just go together like yam and oil with the Igbo's in Lagos .
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by KratosCorp: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2017
No need for long stories. Just show me JUST ONE proof of war threat from the igbos on this forum. Just one. If you cannot find it, then STOP the lies. Igbos have never levied for or threatened anyone with war. But igbos will never be cowed by anyone's war threat.

gegee:
that the yorubas do it does not mean igbos dont do it and doesnt make it right either.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by AgentSmith001: 11:19am On Jun 14, 2017
DirtyOSu:
This can only come from an Ibo Christian. Ibo Juice are too frustrated to think logically.
. Dirty afonja Muslim. always reasoning with their smelly aanus

oya come here and lie down for serious azzzz drilling olori buruku pelebe

Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Oksman(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2017
Dumaknesset:

One of the few sensible Ibos on nairaland

And i suppose you are also one of the few unintelligent Yorubas on Nairaland.
There is no need for the above response because you know the expected outcome > more hate comments that would destroy the essence of the thread! The OP is simply deploying moral persuation on his people. He did not invite you to judge them! He knows them better than you do. Please always be constructive in your submission to douse the tension that is already soaking deep into the foundation of the Nation. Thank you.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Curlieweed: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
Oksman:

There is no need for the above response because you know the expected outcome > more hate comments that would destroy the essence of the thread! The OP is simply deploying moral persuation on his people. He did not invite you to judge them! He knows them better than you do. Please always be constructive in your submission to douse the tension that is already soaking deep into the foundation of the Nation. Thank you.

Why do you feel the need to censor others? I think the gentleman is entitled to his opinion.

The fact that you admonished him for expressing his opinion doesn't mean that he will stop thinking the thought.

I will rather an individual expresses himself than bottles up these thoughts until they explode into full blown mass murder.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Oksman(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
Curlieweed:

Why do you feel the need to censor others? I think the gentleman is entitled to his opinion.

The fact that you admonished him for expressing his opinion doesn't mean that he will stop thinking the thought.

I will rather an individual expresses himself than bottles up these thoughts until they explode into full blown mass murder.

Well the post says it all, it was advisory and morally persuasive! So I feel that there was no need for such submission. Thank you.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by ray4life(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
what can i say ?
i am an Ibo man proudly married to a beautiful yoruba woman with three lovely kids.

my yoruba inlaws are the best inlaws an man can ever hope for.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by toofit007: 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
sammieguze:
This is deep

However, from the little I know, dividing the country is not the solution
We are too diversed to be easily divided into 3 parts and expect peace
Even in ibo land, they discriminate themselves
I have heard ibo people discriminate against the Delta ibo or ebonyi ibo as not being real
It is still in this same ibo land that ethnic crisis errupted few days ago

same with the North
Fulani-hausa ethnic crisis, Kaduna South whala and this is also applicable to the south west.

I think restructuring would be much better than this
dividing the country will not solve anything, has staying together solve anything either? my friend let divide this dam fraud created by luggard and let every one go it separate ways. we have been staying together for more than 100 years, what problem has our staying together been able to solve?

3 Likes

Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by swegiedon(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
keypad1:
A moslem edo girl showed me love, stood by me when i was jobless and encouraged me to never give up and she accepted whatever i gave to her as chop money,

somedays i gave her nothing. Sometimes its either 50 naira, 200 naira or 100 naira,

and she still held on to me,

now things have turned around for the better,

i planned to marry her, many women began to appear to me, some good ones, some bad ones. But no!

The woman that fought by my side is the one i wil die for and marry for the rest of my life,

thank you hafeeshat,

from a christian guy in jos, plateau state.
jos boys don't dull
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by FakoMaybach1: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
Doublecheck:
Op while I appreciate your narrative and attempt at promoting peace you were a bit Economical with the truth and tried to portray some way beyond their supposed kindness and lied about a few things.

Well I will state just two so as not to outrighhtly criticize you or disturb the purpose of this thread.

1. About your landlord, You probably stayed in a one room or self con at the time your father paid your rent probably 10-15 years ago so the rent could not have exceeded 25-35k so paying 10k was not bad at all most landlords will appreciate that cause at all at all na him bad pass and considering the fact that some tenants must have been worse off.

2. I don't know about your family, but Igbo's did not run out of Lagos what most did was send their wives and kids back home, We sent my mom our sister and last born home our boys and the rest of us stayed and this was in Ajao estate a lot of Igbo's rocked Lagos then and made a lot of cash cause we started opening our show room on the 13 of June most of those Igbo who traveled were those domiciled in Yoruba dominated areas i remember many of such people coming to Ajao estate, festac, ago, isolo satellite, ajagbadi to settle with the Igbo brothers we too received many cousins then and it was fun we never felt more secured in our Lagos than that period.

Then again not one Igbo mans property was seized June 12 not even Ojukwu's i don't know where you got that from I believe you were mistaking it for the abandoned property saga after the civil war. Yorubas could not have sealed Igbo properties when Igbo's were still very much around and when the riots was very scanty with no intensity, just protest and burn fires.

The fact that all you stated were when you were young apart from your current clients non of these tribes have influenced you in recent times and did you no meet Benins and calabar dudes i think those are the realist guys in Lagos, they just go together like yam and oil with the Igbo's in Lagos .

Well your opinion was based on a myopic outlook...the issue here about my landlord is not the amount or the size of my home. The issue is the level of understanding and patience the man showed us.
Ask anyone Ojukwu got back his property in Lagos, Rivers state declared property as "Abandoned". Ikwerre Land owners are very brutal to Igbos but the Yoruba are not so.
I am not saying they are perfect, but you cannot tell me that the Hausa and the Yoruba do not have a good side. I appreciate them and i am grateful
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Doublecheck: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
FakoMaybach1:

Well your opinion was based on a myopic outlook...the issue here about my landlord is not the amount or the size of my home. The issue is the level of understanding and patience the man showed us.
Ask anyone Ojukwu got back his property in Lagos, Rivers state declared property as "Abandoned". Ikwerre Land owners are very brutal to Igbos but the Yoruba are not so.
I am not saying they are perfect, but you cannot tell me that the Hausa and the Yoruba do not have a good side. I appreciate them and i am grateful
If you chose to be rude I have ample dose for you and your insipid response.
You tried to deceive readers by making it look like your landlord was paid a penny when your father owed him fortunes, very deceitful of you most landlords would show such patience and understanding especially with students in a students environment like that.

Secondly, Ojukwu like many other Igbo's did not get all thier properties back only a few were lucky, you are simply deceived by what you read on Nairaland the Lagos state government and FG still use Ojukwu's property today as state and federal property, NPA building is one of them, Elephant building is another, many others I do not wish to mention cause I don't want to distract the purpose of this thread.

Then if you are familiar with Lagos and environs take a walk around surulere, lawason, Aguda, ojuelegba all the way to yaba, you will see buildings built in pairs numbered 31A/31B but go to those properties you will find out that A is owned by an Igbo man while B is owned by a Yoruba man who claimed B during the war, in fact one Igbo man recently won a case to reclaim his property after 50 years.

Ikwerre did not seize Igbo properties, Ijaws did, also Ikwerres might appear rude to Igbo cause the feel there is a Cold War against the Igbo's in Nigeria but they still maintain we are brothers though they now chose to maintain Ikwerre identity, which many Igbo's have accepted and personally I think it's a good step to ending the cold conflict between the Ikwerre and Igbo's not all Ikwerre have this issue.

Off course Yorubas are wonderful people nothing can change that and Yorubas and Igbo's do get along very well in Lagos and Nigeria that is outside the political scene anyways, but that is not to say we should misinform the public with over-bloat truths to create a false representation of reality, I was born in Aguda grew up in surulere, then Ajao estates and festac, and trust me you can't take away the fact that these are were you find the best Yoruba pals in Lagos have a lots of them, but i hate lies especially like the ones you tried to paint.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2017
Oksman:

If I were an Ibo guy, I would have said you are a fool. but I would not, but you sure act the part. Look at your post and when you get it. You can mention me again, then I can robustly address your unfounded assumptions and conclusions.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Jonathan39: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Which one is igbo Jews Abeg. I support biafra, to tell you the truth I have never come across any igbo Jew in my life.
ProWalker:
There is a gulf of difference between the Igbo Christians and the Ibo Jews!!
The Igbo Christians are cosmopolitan and very intelligent, they live mostly outside the SE, the ibo Jews are mostly touts, quick tempered and without thinking nor foresight, they live mostly in the SE
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Duru1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
FakoMaybach1:
The truth is that a lot of negative and distorted stories have been flying around. People tend to exaggerate negative events and downplay the good ones.
I am in support of Biafra, the thought of a homogeneous nation, a people of similar origin, norm, laws, culture, religion and deposition to life is mouth watering; I don't think anyone will want to pass up such a chance. But lets get one thing straight the Yoruba and Hausa have been kind hosts to the best of their abilities.

This is arrant nonsense. This idiotic illogicality could have made an ant's sense if the Hausawa and Yari.ba were in a difference country and playing host to Igbo from another country. However this scenario is not the case as Ndigbo have a stake in the union called Niger-Area. Ndigbo have never stopped people of Hausawa or Yari.ba from exploring other parts of the cesspit called Niger-Area.
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by Saintsquare(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
Just look how some unrepentant fools derailed such a wonderful thread...... sighs
Re: A Message To My Hosts From An Igbo Man by FakoMaybach1: 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
Doublecheck:

If you chose to be rude I have ample dose for you and your insipid response.
You tried to deceive readers by making it look like your landlord was paid a penny when your father owed him fortunes, very deceitful of you most landlords would show such patience and understanding especially with students in a students environment like that.

Secondly, Ojukwu like many other Igbo's did not get all thier properties back only a few were lucky, you are simply deceived by what you read on Nairaland the Lagos state government and FG still use Ojukwu's property today as state and federal property, NPA building is one of them, Elephant building is another, many others I do not wish to mention cause I don't want to distract the purpose of this thread.

Then if you are familiar with Lagos and environs take a walk around surulere, lawason, Aguda, ojuelegba all the way to yaba, you will see buildings built in pairs numbered 31A/31B but go to those properties you will find out that A is owned by an Igbo man while B is owned by a Yoruba man who claimed B during the war, in fact one Igbo man recently won a case to reclaim his property after 50 years.

Ikwerre did not seize Igbo properties, Ijaws did, also Ikwerres might appear rude to Igbo cause the feel there is a Cold War against the Igbo's in Nigeria but they still maintain we are brothers though they now chose to maintain Ikwerre identity, which many Igbo's have accepted and personally I think it's a good step to ending the cold conflict between the Ikwerre and Igbo's not all Ikwerre have this issue.

Off course Yorubas are wonderful people nothing can change that and Yorubas and Igbo's do get along very well in Lagos and Nigeria that is outside the political scene anyways, but that is not to say we should misinform the public with over-bloat truths to create a false representation of reality, I was born in Aguda grew up in surulere, then Ajao estates and festac, and trust me you can't take away the fact that these are were you find the best Yoruba pals in Lagos have a lots of them, but i hate lies especially like the ones you tried to paint.

The Myopic i used there meant nearsightedness. It wasnt meant to insult you. If you feel any story is a lie then share your own. If you claim that no one from another tribe has touched your life positively, then we know who the liar is

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Got This Harsh Response On His Tweet / 10 Reasons Why President Buhari May Lose In 2019 Elections / Shame On Saraki, Fayose, Melaye & Other Politicians Playing Games With Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.