Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba (22151 Views)

We Suspended $22.7b Loan Because Of Non-Inclusion Of South East - Gbajabiamila / Disabled Nigerians Protest At The Entrance Of NNPC For Non Inclusion Of Members / Atiku Vs Buhari: Agbakoba Reveals Who Should Win Election, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by nairavsdollars(f): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) on Wednesday has described as worrisome that no South Easterner is occupying any position in the first six political offices in the current administration.

President Muhammadu Buhari is from the North-Central while Vice- President Yemi Osinbajo is from the South- West. Ahmad Lawan, Senate President is from the North- East while Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila the Speaker of the House of Reps is from the South- West.

Justice Tanko Mohammed the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) is from the North- Eastern state of Bauchi while Senator Ovie Omo- Agege the Deputy Senate President is from the South- South geopolitical zone.

He also said the President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech on Democracy Day was not inspiring though it gave him a slight ray of hope.

“I was not inspired because it was not the kind of speech that I expected. I expected a foundation laying speech; meaning that if you are building a house, you find a deal with foundation issues. I think Nigeria lacks the foundation and the fact that for instance, if you look at the first six highest political offices in Nigeria and there is no Igbo man is worrying which the President hopes to achieve development and success”.

“I was hoping to hear a speech that focuses on the need for a strong, united Nigeria. I didn’t hear that. Notwithstanding, what I hear gives me a slight ray of hope. I was impressed with the issue of lifting 100 million people out of poverty in 10 years”.

“I was impressed with the fact that there will be strong men to do the job. So, what I am looking at now is to watch out for the next few days to see the kinds of people that will be appointed to drive the ship of state” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/non-inclusion-of-igbo-man-in-first-six-national-positions-worrisome-agbakoba/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by hisexcellency34: 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
Congratulations Agbakogba. Abaribe is now Minority Whip. That's like number 10 position. At all, at all, na im bad pass

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
That's to tell you, Nigeria no send the igbos. ..as for the south south people, they are just managing them because of their oil....

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by capitalzero: 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
it happened to yoruba 2011 to 2015. heaven did not fall.

227 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Jmk9292(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
You don't flog a dead horse..

3 Likes

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by hisexcellency34: 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
True talk. Dump South South if oil finish

valentineuwakwe:
That's to tell you, Nigeria to send the igbos. ..as for the south south people, they are just managing them because of their oil....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Kingspin(m): 10:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
The hate has been before BC..

The hate sinking Nigeria....til now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by CyynthiaKiss(f): 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2019
hisexcellency34:
True talk. Dump South South if oil finish

That is how Enugu was pampered when coal was a hot cake, but the good thing about Enugu is that they made judicious use of their resources because regionalism was practiced during that time , that's why despite more than half of a century Enugu stopped being the capital of Eastern region, it was still named among the most resilient cities in the world alongside with Paris..

The problem now is what's the fate of oil producing communities if Oil becomes worthless like coal which is inevitable by next 25-30 yrs?
No land for agriculture which has been contaminated with oil
No more oil revenue .
The water is also polluted

Those that are always quick to type "SS" are only being Mischievous.
Nigeria never loved the region SS and every living thing in it which has been proven by history over and over again. The only thing important to Nigeria is what is flowing underground in the region called SS .

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds-100-resilient-cities/#sthash.pWcPcsjm.dpuf
https://www.nairaland.com/2031181/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Blue3k(m): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
This is a case of entitlement mentality. Who made it anyone's birthright to have the first 6 highest political posts. Lol how did this arbitrary number come up anyway? There's a clear difference between losing and being excluded. Everyone was given opportunity to vote their choice.

1. President is elected
2. Vice President elected
3. Senate President elected by peers in senate
4. Speaker of the House elected by peers in house
5. Chief Justice appointed then confirmed
6. Deputy Senate President elected by peers in senate

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by donbachi(m): 10:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
What a cold war.
Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by zibya: 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
The SW is the major beneficiary of the unbalanced distribution of the top six posts in the country. Out of the posts they got both the vice presidency and house speakership. No other region got more than one. The SE on the other hand got none. I suggest APC gives them either senate majority leader or majority leader in the house of reps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Ultimatezlant: 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
zibya:
The SW is the major beneficiary of the unbalanced distribution of the top six posts in the country. Out of the posts they got both the vice presidency and house speakership. No other region got more than one. The SE on the other hand got none. I suggest APC gives them either senate majority leader or majority leader in the house of reps
it

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by BuhariAdvocate: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
This Agbakoba is a dog.very useless man,just focuse on how you will return Atiku money back when tribunal throw your case into the dustbin.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Ojiofor: 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
That's to tell you, NigeriaAPC no send the igbos. ..as for the south south people, they are just managing them because of their oil....

2 Likes

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 14, 2019
Lol, between 2011-2015, no Yoruba is part of the first six.

President- Jonathan (SS)
VP- Sambo (NW)
Senate President- David Mark (NC)
Deputy SP - Ekweremadu (SE)
Speaker- Tambuwal (NW)
Deputy speaker - Emeka Ihedioha (SE)

Yorubas remained in the opposition and struck a deal with the north to rectify the wrongs, that’s how real men do and not some slaves that keeps begging for position without a clear way to rescue power.

163 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by ba7man(m): 3:24am On Jun 14, 2019
Southeast should go meet PDP for appointments.

They want a party they hate so much to honour them with political appointments. undecided

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Okwyjesus(m): 3:52am On Jun 14, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

That is how Enugu was pampered when coal was a hot cake, but the good thing about Enugu is that they made judicious use of their resources because regionalism was practiced during that time , that's why despite more than half of a century Enugu stopped being the capital of Eastern region, it was still named among the most resilient cities in the world alongside with Paris..

The problem now is what's the fate of oil producing communities if Oil becomes worthless like coal which is inevitable by next 25-30 yrs?
No land for agriculture which has been contaminated with oil
No more oil revenue .
The water is also polluted

Those that are always quick to type "SS" are only being Mischievous.
Nigeria never loved the region SS and every living thing in it which has been proven by history over and over again. The only thing important to Nigeria is what is flowing underground in the region called SS .

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds-100-resilient-cities/#sthash.pWcPcsjm.dpuf
https://www.nairaland.com/2031181/enugu-makes-history-joins-worlds

Your so on point. l doubt if anyone will want to live in Niger Delta after the oil. Even me in PH is managing bcs of the income else l prefer Enugu with all sense of sincererity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Okwyjesus(m): 3:56am On Jun 14, 2019
zibya:

Majority Leader won't finish Niger bridge l believe. What lgbos need is beyond those brouhaha abeg.

9 Likes

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by buharitill2023: 4:00am On Jun 14, 2019
This useless agbakoba that was atikulating, he is so shameless supporting corruption

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Okwyjesus(m): 4:03am On Jun 14, 2019
Iblad0994:
Lol, between 2011-2015, no Yoruba is part of the first six.

President- Jonathan (SS)
VP- Sambo (NW)
Senate President- David Mark (NC)
Deputy SP - Ekweremadu (SE)
Speaker- Tambuwal (NW)
Deputy speaker - Emeka Ihedioha (SE)

Yorubas remained in the opposition and struck a deal with the north to rectify the wrongs, that’s how real men do and not some slaves that keeps begging for position without a clear way to rescue power.

You're right. But why is every saying Igbos played bad politics simply bcs the didn't vote APC.
I believe the Igbos should stick to PDP and wait till 2023. l don't see APC reigning after Buhari. Once PDP pick a young northern President candidate. The north will migrate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by buharitill2023: 4:06am On Jun 14, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Congratulations Agbakogba. Abaribe is now Minority Whip. That's like number 10 position. At all, at all, na im bad pass
that is like 20 position and is of no significant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by buharitill2023: 4:10am On Jun 14, 2019
Jmk9292:
You don't flog a dead horse..
that Wil make other living horse to get little sense.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by hisexcellency34: 4:13am On Jun 14, 2019
Good question

buharitill2023:
that Wil make other living horse to get little sense.
Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by NwaJozi: 5:26am On Jun 14, 2019
It’s very good igbos need to learn the hard way

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by aolawale025: 5:27am On Jun 14, 2019
Politics of exclusion
Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 14, 2019
sad
Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Jubiliee: 5:31am On Jun 14, 2019
Where was he when their was no South-South man in Nigeria first six position.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by emerged01(m): 5:34am On Jun 14, 2019
Blue3k:
This a case of entitlement mentality. Who made it anyone's birthright to have the first 6 highest political posts. Lol how did this arbitrary number come up anyway? There's a clear difference between losing and being excluded. Everyone was given opportunity to vote their choice.

1. President is elected
2. Vice President elected
3. Senate President elected by peers in senate
4. Speaker of the House elected by peers in house
5. Chief Justice appointed then confirmed
6. Deputy Senate President elected by peers in senate

Thank you,these are positions fought for,not given as a gift. If you want any position you work for it.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by tstx(m): 5:35am On Jun 14, 2019
Una eye don dey open small small

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature (09011639568)

4 Likes

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 14, 2019
What kind of entitlement mentality are you talking about? So were those positions not zoned? Was fire, brimstone, and efcc not used to threaten other contenders for the above mentioned positions to fall into order?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by balogunsaheed(m): 5:38am On Jun 14, 2019
But be Biafra na

3 Likes

Re: Non-inclusion Of Igbo Man In First Six National Position Worrisome– Agbakoba by Iamgrey5(m): 5:40am On Jun 14, 2019
The painful bit was that Yorubas actually voted for PDP in the national level In large numbers the year we were excluded, but we didn't start crying.

44 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Afenifere: We Can't Help Osinbajo Because He Has Not Admitted There Is A Problem / Umahi: I'll Feel Bad If APC Denies Igbos Chance Of Producing President In 2023 / Buhari Appoints Matilda As SSA On Employment And Job Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.