Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding (11818 Views)

6 Advantages Of Over Speeding (counter Thread) / 5 Disadvantages Of Putting Your Cars In Park At The Traffic Light? / 5 Disadvantages Of Hybrid Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by psalmson001: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:
After overtaking every car, like a most wanted who just carried out a grand theft and is being chased by rivals, you get to a checkpoint and all the cars you overtook are right behind you in a split second. Then you wonder _what exactly is the Need For Speed? cheesy

*Applause*
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by judgedredd22(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

Lol.. That has happened to me a number of times.. The police officers can even park and delay the speeder while those you overtook would just have an easy pass.

grin grin grin grin grin yep! but you still speed up and overtake them all over again, riding off into the sunset! grin grin grin cool runnings!

slow driving will give anxiety plus heart attack! cheesy
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by psalmson001: 9:03am On Jun 15, 2017
chronique:
I speed a lot cos I don't like staying on the road for long and I hate slow driving. However, I'm always very focused and alert when speeding. I don't take calls or look at irrelevant things on the road at that moment. My eyes move from my side mirrors to inner mirror and my front... The thrill of going past several cars at times could be a little bit exciting. If my vehicle isn't in a sound state, I wouldn't try that though. I'd just drive gently. I also noticed that I drive very fast and rough at times, when I'm upset. It feels like I transfer my aggression to the car...

The worst time to speed or drive rough is when ure angry or upset coz ur attention will be divided between ur driving and what's upsetting u......it happened to me one time and I ended up breaking d rim of my car after running into a pothole in d night @ about 160km/hr. It's was just God dat saved me dat day coz it could have been worst.......instead now when I'm upset, I just sleep it out.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by ledgelessons(m): 9:09am On Jun 15, 2017
Hit the gas So hard, make the car rotate, driving is supposed to be enjoyed .
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by tripoli007(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

Lol.. That has happened to me a number of times.. The police officers can even park and delay the speeder while those you overtook would just have an easy pass.

Bros ever since I have survived 2 accidents which were crazy .. I no dey ever pass 100-120 km/hr again
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2017
nurey:

whether careful or not, we will all die, live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment of it life is too short

YOLO[i][/i]
Your death is not the problem.
Kindly don't take others with you.
You need to go for psychiatric tests if you say you can't help yourself

1 Like

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by bigkahuna704(m): 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:
After overtaking every car, like a most wanted who just carried out a grand theft and is being chased by rivals, you get to a checkpoint and all the cars you overtook are right behind you in a split second. Then you wonder _what exactly is the Need For Speed? cheesy

I no dey cross 100/120 again mbok.
hats off cool
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by nurey(m): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Your death is not the problem.
Kindly don't take others with you.
You need to go for psychiatric tests if you say you can't help yourself

So third mainland bridge is 80km/h for cars, but if I decide to do 100km/h that's overspeeding it's above the speed limits.

I don't do dangerous driving
I don't drink while driving
If I intend to overspeed I do it at safe interval and cautiously.

What I don't do is excessive speeding (200km/h)
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:20am On Jun 15, 2017
nurey:

So third mainland bridge is 80km/h for cars, but if I decide to do 100km/h that's overspeeding it's above the speed limits.

I don't do dangerous driving
I don't drink while driving
If I intend to overspeed I do it at safe interval and cautiously.

What I don't do is excessive speeding (200km/h)

Food for thought.
Seat belts were designed to save lives at 70km/h

There is a difference between express and highway.

1 Like

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by IghoCentric(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
nurey:
some speed are meant for dare devil like me, top speed are meant to be attained, if not, the manufacturer will not bother to arm the vehicle of such. i will continue to overspeed because

1. i do it at a safe interval
2. it shows i got balls
3. makes me feel those i leave behind are inferior drivers
4. I like attaining limits others fear
5. Thats the way i am, and i cant help it.

Dont hate me cause you aint me wink

The day e go happen make u no sha no kill person.. U can scatter the rear of a range rover 2017 autobiography make ur body cool down when u see bill when ur comprehensive insurance no fit cover
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by nurey(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
IghoCentric:

The day e go happen make u no sha no kill person.. U can scatter the rear of a range rover 2017 autobiography make ur body cool down when u see bill when ur comprehensive insurance no fit cover

See as you carry my matter for head like gala shocked is it your range rover, is it your insurance. Abegi face your own driving make you sef no scatter the rear of a 2018 Rolls Royce Ghost make your body no hot when you see repair bill tongue

2 Likes

Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
PaperLace:

I no dey cross 100/120 again mbok.

I don't go over 80mph in Nigeria, much to the chagrin of most of my passengers. Overtaking is also a carefully orchestrated affair.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
nurey:
some speed are meant for dare devil like me, top speed are meant to be attained, if not, the manufacturer will not bother to arm the vehicle of such. i will continue to overspeed because

1. i do it at a safe interval
2. it shows i got balls
3. makes me feel those i leave behind are inferior drivers
4. I like attaining limits others fear
5. Thats the way i am, and i cant help it.

Dont hate me cause you aint me wink

Guy, abeg make you cool down while driving because other peoples lives are at risk not only yours.
Re: 6 Disadvantages Of Over-speeding by chitamsiharry(m): 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
That's bad! You don't drive when you're upset. Not save at all!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? / 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration / What Is The Most Irrelevant Feature In Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.