Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,173 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation (821 Views)

9 Ondo House Members Dissociate Themselves From Impeachnent Of Agboola Ajayi / Gerry Gogan Obituary: Irish Priest Expelled From Biafra / Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra: "Nnamdi Kanu Is Small Boy Fooling Himself" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by omusiliyu(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
The Igala Social-Cultural Groups on Wednesday dissociated the Igala nation of Kogi State from having any part with the Biafra agitators calling for secession in the country.

Spokesman of the group, Mr Barry Moses Idakwo at a news conference yesterday in Lokoja expressed anger over the inclusion of the Igala nation in the map of the Republic of Biafra being agitated for by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and others.

The group lamented that it was an attempt to balkanise the ancient Igala nation, stressing that Nigeria is a democratic country where any Nigerian should be allowed to live peacefully and secured as prescribed by laws without any fear of intimidation.

"The agitators for Biafra have marginalisation as the main plan for their grievances. It is therefore unthinkable to annex the Igala kingdom without consulting us. This is against the spirit of fairness, sovereignty, equity, peaceful cohabitation and democracy to falsely claimed that Igala kingdom which was never defeated in any war as part of Biafra," he said.

He said that the Igala ethnic nationality holds the unity, oneness and indivisibility of Nigeria as sacrosanct.

"We urge our Igbo brothers to engage the Nigeria nation more purposefully for quality governance rather than agitations for separatist state,

"We, as a people in middle belt crave for peace at all times because when war breaks out, we will be at the receiving end the theatre of war. The last civil war holds wars very unpleasant testimonies," Idakwo said.

The group decried the minimal federal presence in Igala kingdom in terms of infrastructure and appealed to the federal government to continue work on the construction of the Bagana-Guto bridge which link its people the FCT, South-east and South-South.

Idakwo said there was urgent need to swear in Professor Stephen Ikani Ocheni as a substantial Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria having passed through screening at the National Assembly.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/igala-dissociate-self-from-biafra-agitation/201820.html
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by omusiliyu(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
Mynd44
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by LionDeLeo: 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
Before nko?

1 Like

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by PehaKaso: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Funlord2(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Na everybody dey reject this people? grin

5 Likes

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
More tears to flow for the development land grabbers grin

4 Likes

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Fremancipation: 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
It is good that different groups are coming out in the open to reject Biafra. I and so many others are fine with it. BUT if the UN or AU backs a Biafran referendum tomorrow, I hope all these groups sticks to their words and not ask to participate. If you deny Biafra today, please deny it forever. Don't come back last minute to join when the odds are no longer in your favor.

1 Like

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by SplendidE(f): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
Abegi mk dem pack well,who dem EPP
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by laudate: 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:
It is good that different groups are coming out in the open to reject Biafra. I and so many others are fine with it. BUT if the UN or AU backs a Biafran referendum tomorrow, I hope all these groups sticks to their words and not ask to participate. If you deny Biafra today, please deny it forever. Don't come back last minute to join when the odds are no longer in your favor.

Why on earth would Igala people want to participate in a referendum on Biafra? shocked On what grounds? You chaps are very funny, o. You should really start your own comedy series.... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by OAUTemitayo: 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:
If Igala need referendum they will ask the UN. Na by force

1 Like

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by MasterChen: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
grin cheesy
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Chiaka(f): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2017
Who cares its a free world.

1 Like

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Scholes007(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
Just legodi, so every dick n harry form
relevance now. Smh
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by APCsupporter: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
everybody is just saying no!cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2017
Igala kingdom which was
never defeated in any war
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by joespiceman(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
omusiliyu:
The Igala Social-Cultural Groups on Wednesday dissociated the Igala nation of Kogi State from having any part with the Biafra agitators calling for secession in the country.

Spokesman of the group, Mr Barry Moses Idakwo at a news conference yesterday in Lokoja expressed anger over the inclusion of the Igala nation in the map of the Republic of Biafra being agitated for by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and others.

The group lamented that it was an attempt to balkanise the ancient Igala nation, stressing that Nigeria is a democratic country where any Nigerian should be allowed to live peacefully and secured as prescribed by laws without any fear of intimidation.

"The agitators for Biafra have marginalisation as the main plan for their grievances. It is therefore unthinkable to annex the Igala kingdom without consulting us. This is against the spirit of fairness, sovereignty, equity, peaceful cohabitation and democracy to falsely claimed that Igala kingdom which was never defeated in any war as part of Biafra," he said.

He said that the Igala ethnic nationality holds the unity, oneness and indivisibility of Nigeria as sacrosanct.

"We urge our Igbo brothers to engage the Nigeria nation more purposefully for quality governance rather than agitations for separatist state,

"We, as a people in middle belt crave for peace at all times because when war breaks out, we will be at the receiving end the theatre of war. The last civil war holds wars very unpleasant testimonies," Idakwo said.

The group decried the minimal federal presence in Igala kingdom in terms of infrastructure and appealed to the federal government to continue work on the construction of the Bagana-Guto bridge which link its people the FCT, South-east and South-South.

Idakwo said there was urgent need to swear in Professor Stephen Ikani Ocheni as a substantial Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria having passed through screening at the National Assembly.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/igala-dissociate-self-from-biafra-agitation/201820.html

He did the right thing instead of wasting time with those brainwashed animals
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by pazienza(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
Scholes007:
Just legodi, so every dick n harry form relevance now. Smh
Blame IPOB. It was they(IPOB) that made irrelevant groups relevant.

4 Likes

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by kuuljay(m): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
Scholes007:
relevance now. Smh
anyone who dissociates is no longer relevant looks like at the end only street urchins in onitsha and aba will be the relevant people

6 Likes

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by HiddenShadow: 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
All these groups that don't have video and addresses to back up their claim

To me, this is pure lie

Let the group produce a video copy of their declaration against Biafra and post their address
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Ngozi123(f): 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
The sooner IPOB makes the Biafra struggle an Igbo-only affair, the better. I would give them my full support if they do this. These minority groups offer us very little in the grand scheme of things.

3 Likes

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Fremancipation: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
Scholes007:
relevance now. Smh

My brother, this is something that needs to happen. Let the rejections continue. It is good news because it will help IPOB know where to focus their resources and energy on.

"A successful fisherman casts his nets far and wide and slowly narrows the net upon return."

IPOB should start narrowing their focus to areas that have shown strong support and immediately remove areas that have issued LEGITIMATE statements.
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by LionDeLeo: 6:45am On Jun 15, 2017
Funlord2:

Na everybody dey reject this people? grin

Who in his right senses will not reject them?
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by cursedAbiola(f): 6:47am On Jun 15, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Who in his right senses will not reject them?
[/s]

better than those yahoo Yahoo electrical engineers living in Mumbai grin

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Scholes007(m): 6:48am On Jun 15, 2017
kuuljay:
anyone who dissociates is no longer relevant looks like at the end only street urchins in onitsha and aba will be the relevant people
You are making too much noise friend. I am not a fan of IPOB or a separate state but I remain very loyal to Igbo nation and its progress. I only refer to the hungry advice from hungry bunch of people. Igbo nation has its problems but Nigeria have very much bigger problem which I believe you should focus your mind on rather than chasing shadows.
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by kokoA(m): 6:54am On Jun 15, 2017
Fremancipation:
which right thinking person would want to be part of a country where you people are majority? Una no be majority for Nigeria yet see the kind headache una dey give police and foreign drug agencies.

1 Like

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by LionDeLeo: 6:56am On Jun 15, 2017
kokoA:
which right thinking person would want to be part a country where you people are majority? Una no be majority for Nigeria yet see the kind headache una dey give police and foreign drug agencies.

Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by Scholes007(m): 6:58am On Jun 15, 2017
pazienza:

Blame IPOB. It was they(IPOB) that made irrelevant groups relevant.
IPOB has its agenda with its logical argument which is borne out of perceived failures of Nigeria. I wanted the irrelevant group to discuss the issues not putting Igala and Igbo in same sentence.
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by reptile1: 7:07am On Jun 15, 2017
Who dey even bring igala people into Biafra matter sef? Una no go allow them make them remain in Nigeria? Wetin igala man go offer Igbo man, I just don't know
Re: Igala Dissociate Self From Biafra Agitation by raker300: 7:10am On Jun 15, 2017
GoroTango:
More tears to flow for the development land grabbers grin
igala would make tears flow? Lol

Who told these folks they're part of biafra sef?

Nobodys seeking fame with the almighty igbos

(1) (Reply)

An Igbo Voice To The Quit Notice Issued To Ndigbo / Tinubu To Proceed On Self-exile, Considers Malawi / Obasanjo Begged Ghadaffi For Third Term On His Knees – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.