Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED (3393 Views)

Rule 18.......lanreg95 (a Kakakibuy Rep), Bigdeals And My Boss Hubcruz / Bigdeals Ibadan Vs Ladyjblinks Kaduna Dealer Rating / Please What Are The Common Issues With 2002 Nissan Maxima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Jun 16, 2017
a greater percentage of every nigerian used car on almost every car sales platform is over hyped, this is not new, you should apply due diligence and send an emissary close to location of vehicle to scout and feed you back with info before traveling across different states in nigeria.

There are 2 things that hardly go together, Neat ride at low price. Unless the owner is financially distressed, you will always pay the difference, it might be a replacement engine, transmission, leaking a.c from evaporator, Under body rust, Custom duty, stolen vehicle grin or NO vehicle sef grin cheer up praisenetworks, it happens a lot, nothing new, you only learned the hard way.

If I begin to list the number of car dealers that have made me inspect lemons on NL, I might be Opening 1 thread a day out of displeasure, and guess what? It cuts across all platforms, OLX, JIJI etc.

Meanwhile wetin I do you sef?

2 Likes

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by diportivo: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2017
someone has 2 different monikers

both use the same set of numbers to advertise

one is male,the other is female

and people still think it normal to deal with the transgender

the day I pointed it out on one of his threads he said he and his wife both sells cars.....nice one...but except they are Siamese,I don't get how both won't have separate numbers to widen their clientele base

"damn neat" must have enticed the OP grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by bigdeals(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Haba wetin I do you?
i don't know this person please state what I did wrong
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by bigdeals(m): 9:12am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:
I am still writing. But guys watch out not all advertised are as presented.
While I will not want to appear to be destroying him. I will advise that he posts all the details of the vehicles he's selling upfront and be honest with his prospective clients on the issues the cars may have. I don't like Gazzuzz but I respect him based on honesty. Bigdeals it pays to be honest.
please confirm what you are saying in the last one week have only attended to nairalanders on two cars Corolla 07 and Lexus rx300 which I sold and the buyers were the only person that called on the car that I attended to. Please furnish us with details of what happened or change your thread and apologize
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by bigdeals(m): 9:22am On Jun 16, 2017
bigdeals:
please confirm what you are saying in the last one week have only attended to nairalanders on two cars Corolla 07 and Lexus rx300 which I sold and the buyers were the only person that called on the car that I attended to. Please furnish us with details of what happened or change your thread and apologize
am still waiting op,lets know who you transacted with and when and details of what happened
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by timifakay(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2017
This just got interesting.

1 Like

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 9:48am On Jun 16, 2017
bigdeals:
You CONVENIENTLY forgot to mention anything about the engine swap or mutilations.

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2017
timifakay:

You are speaking to every member of the forum and the pictures will convince us you are right. If you wanted to speak with him only personal messages are enough for that.
Pictures added
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 9:53am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 9:54am On Jun 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
a greater percentage of every nigerian used car on almost every car sales platform is over hyped, this is not new, you should apply due diligence and send an emissary close to location of vehicle to scout and feed you back with info before traveling across different states in nigeria.

There are 2 things that hardly go together, Neat ride at low price. Unless the owner is financially distressed, you will always pay the difference, it might be a replacement engine, transmission, leaking a.c from evaporator, Under body rust, Custom duty, stolen vehicle grin or NO vehicle sef grin cheer up praisenetworks, it happens a lot, nothing new, you only learned the hard way.

If I begin to list the number of car dealers that have made me inspect lemons on NL, I might be Opening 1 thread a day out of displeasure, and guess what? It cuts across all platforms, OLX, JIJI etc.

Meanwhile wetin I do you sef?
You're correct. I have encountered a "no car" situation too
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by Trustme2(m): 9:55am On Jun 16, 2017
Op, you are buying a car from such an environment , a mechanic workshop grin grin grin ;DD and you're complaining of engine swap and mutilations. What more were you expecting ? lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 9:56am On Jun 16, 2017
bigdeals:
am still waiting op,lets know who you transacted with and when and details of what happened
You know who. And you owe me an unreserved apology. In fact you should have done that before now.
But guess what..it seems like you just didn't care about what happens to your potential customers and still don't care.
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 9:59am On Jun 16, 2017
Trustme2:
Op, you are buying a car from such an environment , a mechanic workshop grin grin grin ;DD and you're complaining of engine swap and mutilations. What more were you expecting ? lol grin grin grin grin
Are you mocking me?.... And what's wrong with buying a car from Gazzuzz's, honmusa, kingreign or diportivo's workshops?
Or even nurey?

1 Like

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by thebigkendo(m): 10:05am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Are you mocking me?.... And what's wrong with buying a car from Gazzuzz's, honmusa, kingreign or diportivo's workshops?
Or even nurey?

Una don open workshop? Naim una no call boiz to come bless am?
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by bigdeals(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

You know who. And you owe me an unreserved apology. In fact you should have done that before now.
But guess what..it seems like you just didn't care about what happens to your potential customers and still don't care.
ok I remember sir you came from ado - ekiti to check the right hand drive Audi, was not around that day it was the owner that attended to you, I gave you his number and he told me he has explained everything about the car to you, am really sorry for any inconvenience, he didn't tell me what transpired between the two of you.he only told me on phone that you didn't buy it.,and have not spoken to you since then. Sorry for any stress ,Just got to know recently that he had registered it., and the few things I knew I told you before coming, am really sorry for any inconvenience, please I will stop advertising the car. Please bring this thread down or change the topic and call me as I don't have your contact again, don't mind settling your fuel bill. Am sorry
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2017
bigdeals:
ok I remember sir you came from ado - ekiti to check the right hand drive Audi, was not around that day it was the owner that attended to you, I gave you his number and he told me he has explained everything about the car to you, am really sorry for any inconvenience, he didn't tell me what transpired between the two of you.he only told me on phone that you didn't buy it.,and have not spoken to you since then. Sorry for any stress ,Just got to know recently that he had registered it., and the few things I knew I told you before coming, am really sorry for any inconvenience, please I will stop advertising the car. Please bring this thread down or change the topic and call me as I don't have your contact again, don't mind settling your fuel bill. Am sorry
Okay. Apologies accepted. I know you were trying to assist the owner. But in future please declare all that has to do with your products upfront. Happy sales.
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by bigdeals(m): 10:16am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Okay. Apologies accepted. I know you were trying to assist the owner. But in future please declare all that has to do with your products upfront. Happy sales.
please pick your calls
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by mykalls(m): 10:37am On Jun 16, 2017
My two cents - If you are buying any car, go and inspect it yourself, even if it will take you the whole day to get there. Don't ever send a trusted friend or brother who may be close by.
I had an experience i will never forget, early 2015. I saw a RAV 4 advertised by .............. It looked so neat on picture i had to call the seller. He told me the car was used for just 8 months in Nigeria and in very good working condition. Since i was in Port Harcourt and SUV was in Lagos, I asked a mechanic friend who stayed in Warri and was going to Lagos to check the car out for me.
The mechanic friend called me the next day to say that the car was in very good condition and that i should buy it. I trusted him, since i felt the best person to look at a vehicle is a mechanic. That same day i paid into the seller's account and asked the mechanic friend to drive the car to Warri, that i will send someone to come pick it up. To cut the story short, what was delivered to me to my greatest amazement was a lemon!. The car was completely accidented and repainted God's knows how many times. The engine was bad and the gear was the worse. I was so angry i almost used a police friend in warri to arrest the mechanic. He connived with the seller to dupe me.
A 2001 RAV 4 i bought for 980K was sold for 470k, with the guy who is buying only willing to pay in three installments. Since then, if i want to buy any car, whether tokunbo or Nigerian use i go check it out myself.

Recently i bought a Nigerian used 2005 Toyota Matrix for my wife. Saw the car advertised, called the seller and had to fly to Lagos to inspect and certify that the vehicle was the way the seller painted it. Behold most of all the seller said was right, the car was near tokunbo, and i parted away with a very good sum because i liked what i was buying. My wife has been cruising the car and she is happy with it.

2 Likes

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by timifakay(m): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

You can never et your cake and have it.
The pictures posted by seller were when the car first came into the country and it's RHD also it's obvious he cropped out number plates and bumpers in the pictures *Red flag*

praxisnetworks:

Hmmm maybe..maybe not. I spent less than ten minutes in Ibadan ....to tell you how disappointed I was. And the seller was trying to get my mechanic to influence me.....is all kinds of distasteful.
You should have stated here that you met with the owner during the inspection and not the person who advertised the car here.

praxisnetworks:

Well I was very reluctant to create this thread. But just felt it's necessary to...so others can be aware and take precautions ....
But you didn't place a call to the middleman to tell him your outright displeasure before creating the topic.

praxisnetworks:

You understand. I inquired about a car he advertised here and he answered that all was well. I specifically asked why the car was being sold at a low price.... I called to know if anything was really wrong with the vehicle. He still insisted all was well. So I came down to Ibadan.. crossing several States only for me to meet a very badly mutilated vehicle... Extremely mutilated that even Gazzuzz will retire if taken to his shop... Broken bumpers rough interiors... I was extremely disappointed. And to top it all the seller attempted cajoling my technician to help convince me to buy... My grouse with bigdeals is that he did not tell me about the mutilation... He was selective about the information he revealed and consequently did a misrepresentation of the facts. Costing me time, road risks and money wasted.
You went to Ibadan from Ado-Ekiti. You crossed only one state- Osun. At worst you cross Osun and Ondo if you take a longer route.
Coincidentally Gazzuzz is handling a worse vehicle atm. Check link: https://www.nairaland.com/3864550/vehicle-2009-honda-accord-ex-l#57566926

This topic sounds more like you are seeking a pity party/ trying to share a tale of how smart you are and escaped from a bad deal which alot of people did from the comfort of their homes by due diligence in checking out the pictures and not being blinded by the low price.
By the way, you have been searching for a car to buy since last year and prone to scammers due to your desperation and low price evident in the post you offered a person 60k for Honda Accord is 1993 (aka Hala).
I'm NOT IN SUPPORT of the seller, but person wey find anyhow go see anyhow.
Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by ehissi(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

You CONVENIENTLY forgot to mention anything about the engine swap or mutilations.

Hmmmmmmm............ lipsrsealed

And I be dey eye that car seriously........ shocked

Me whey no dey use audi A4 play........ angry

So you mean this car is just Glorified scrap? cry

Na waooooooh............... cry
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 11:29am On Jun 16, 2017
timifakay:

You can never et your cake and have it.
The pictures posted by seller were when the car first came into the country and it's RHD also it's obvious he cropped out number plates and bumpers in the pictures *Red flag*

You should have stated here that you met with the owner during the inspection and not the person who advertised the car here.

But you didn't place a call to the middleman to tell him your outright displeasure before creating the topic.

You went to Ibadan from Ado-Ekiti. You crossed only one state- Osun. At worst you cross Osun and Ondo if you take a longer route.
Coincidentally Gazzuzz is handling a worse vehicle atm. Check link: https://www.nairaland.com/3864550/vehicle-2009-honda-accord-ex-l#57566926

This topic sounds more like you are seeking a pity party/ trying to share a tale of how smart you are and escaped from a bad deal which alot of people did from the comfort of their homes by due diligence in checking out the pictures and not being blinded by the low price.
By the way, you have been searching for a car to buy since last year and prone to scammers due to your desperation and low price evident in the post you offered a person 60k for Honda Accord is 1993 (aka Hala).
I'm NOT IN SUPPORT of the seller, but person wey find anyhow go see anyhow.
Good luck.
Irrelevant. Take your pills .... obviously you support such deceitfulness. You are very transparent.

1 Like

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2017
ehissi:

Hmmmmmmm............ lipsrsealed

And I be dey eye that car seriously........ shocked

Me whey no dey use audi A4 play........ angry

So you mean this car is just Glorified scrap? cry

Na waooooooh............... cry
It has a golf 3 engine installed.
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by ehissi(m): 11:34am On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

It has a golf 3 engine installed.

Jessssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.............. :

That car had been on olx and jiji for 770k. Then it was reduced to 670k. I been say when I enter UI, I go branch check am.

Tufiakwa.............**runGoEVillage**

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 11:54am On Jun 16, 2017
ehissi:

Jessssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.............. :

That car had been on olx and jiji for 770k. Then it was reduced to 670k. I been say when I enter UI, I go branch check am.

Tufiakwa.............**runGoEVillage**
That's not even an issue....if I had known... I wouldn't have embarked on the Israelites journey
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by bigdeals(m): 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
ehissi:
The silence of bigdeals at this point is nowhere near gold/golden.

The problem with Middle men is that they are just about the sale and not the satisfaction of the client. A lot of fake guys/wannabe car dealers - like that kayharry and a good number of them along that agbado jaiye/ifako/jankara axis in lagos - are fond of this thrash.

They will market vehicles and give heavy assurances not knowing the state of them and then pretend as if such errors never existed. Challenge/question them after you have seen the car and they will stoop to insults. A man doesn't waste his time and money of both himself and his mechanic searching for a product only to find something entirely different.

That puts him in the same class of the "Misinformer International" Aka Cityhood. A quiet apology in the background from bigdeals to praxisnetworks could have sufficed and buried this issue (unless praxisnetworks is in a state of eternal painment) in which case....., lipsrsealed

But then, if not for praxisnetworks, we for nor know E true colour. Thank God say you still get sense go check the car for your self with mechanic, instead of paying upfront asking for door - to -door delivery.

It means you have been attending all of gazzuzzs' classes regularly. Keep up the good work and one day
you will grow up to be just like gazzuzz........ wink grin
i did not know what ensued between him and the owner till now, I didn't know about the engine. The last time I checked it was Audi engine .sorry for any discomfort.

1 Like

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by Tomjazzy2: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

You understand. I inquired about a car he advertised here and he answered that all was well. I specifically asked why the car was being sold at a low price.... I called to know if anything was really wrong with the vehicle. He still insisted all was well. So I came down to Ibadan.. crossing several States only for me to meet a very badly mutilated vehicle... Extremely mutilated that even Gazzuzz will retire if taken to his shop... Broken bumpers rough interiors... I was extremely disappointed. And to top it all the seller attempted cajoling my technician to help convince me to buy... My grouse with bigdeals is that he did not tell me about the mutilation... He was selective about the information he revealed and consequently did a misrepresentation of the facts. Costing me time, road risks and money wasted.

Oh well, that's too bad.

Hope you've learnt from the experience
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by timifakay(m): 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Irrelevant. Take your pills .... obviously you support such deceitfulness. You are very transparent.
LMAO. Did you fall down and hit your head?

1 Like

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
bigdeals:
i did not know what ensued between him and the owner till now, I didn't know about the engine. The last time I checked it was Audi engine .sorry for any discomfort.
Sir. That is not correct. The owner told me that you were aware. He also informed me that the engine has been swapped since 2015. How come you are feigning ignorance? I will appreciate utmost sincerity from your end.
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
timifakay:

LMAO. Did you fall down and hit your head?
You are not helping bigdeals instead you are only making me remember the issues afresh
Kip kwayet and you will help me forget. While also helping bigdeals
Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by timifakay(m): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

You are not helping bigdeals instead you are only making me remember the issues afresh
Kip kwayet and you will help me forget. While also helping bigdeals
Homes does that affect the price of ponmo?
I don't care whether you forget or remember.

1 Like

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by praxisnetworks: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2017
timifakay:

Homes does that affect the price of ponmo?
I don't care whether you forget or remember.

Re: Issues with bigdeals Ibadan RESOLVED by NnamdiChidi(m): 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
praxisnetworks:

Sir. That is not correct. The owner told me that you were aware. He also informed me that the engine has been swapped since 2015. How come you are feigning ignorance? I will appreciate utmost sincerity from your end.
U c bro,thats d effect of trying to buy cheap article,a car valued above 1m,u r buying it below 400k,wat do u expect. With d dollar rate in this country,no owner is selling his or her car below value

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Very Clean Tokunbo Lexus GS 300 For 3M- SOLD / Must Go Reg. 06 Civic / Very Clean And Sharp 2012 Volkswagen Passat Accident Free Buy N Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.