Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over (2791 Views)

Tinubu Laughing Warmly With Ambode And Sanwo-Olu At APC Convention (Photo) / Photos Of Ambode And Sanwo- Olu Arriving Together For The APC Convention / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 7:14am On Jun 15, 2017
This is a clarion call to Ambode to use his head when next building a fly over, the fly over is of no use. It is not serving the purpose it was built for, indeed it was a waste of public public.

I will snap the traffic gridlock the fly over built by the brainless man constructed and was been praised by fellow brainless Nairaland.

How can you built a fly over that will see 6 lanes diverting to just one lane Ado road?

4 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by Blue3k(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2017
Are you sure it's that bad? I've seen a flyover similar to what your describing in Arlington Texas. That on was to help with Traffic by the Highland Mall.
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by ZombieTAMER: 7:30am On Jun 15, 2017
The flyover is not useless
Just that a lot of work needs to be done all around that axis to make it more efficient

1. The bustops at both sides of Ilaje needs to be moved.. Those drivers are not helping matters at all even with the Lastma officials there

2. Ado road should be expanded .. The traffic there is mind blowing... It wasn't designed to carry such traffic

10 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 7:32am On Jun 15, 2017
Blue3k:
Are you sure it's that bad? Ivery seen a flyover similar to what your describing in Arlington Texas. That on was to help with Traffic by the Highland Mall.
Prior to the fly over, we spent 5 to 10 minutes to turn to Ado road but we now spend 10 to 20 minutes; what is now the essence of the fly over. The Ado road has a bottle neck and he is expecting 6 Vehicles or more to go in at the same time
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 7:34am On Jun 15, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
Just that a lot of work needs to be done all around that axis to make it more efficient

1. The bustops at both sides of Ilaje needs to be moved.. Those drivers are not helping matters at all even with the Lastma officials there

2. Ado road should be expanded .. The traffic there is mind blowing... It wasn't designed to carry such traffic
I am talking about turning to Ado road and not even Ilaje, that is another brainless work with no iota of sense

5 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by raker300: 7:34am On Jun 15, 2017
Watch as they'll besiege you for speaking the truth and haul insults at you

3 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by Otradearena: 7:34am On Jun 15, 2017
Toor

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 7:38am On Jun 15, 2017
raker300:
Watch as they'll besiege you for speaking the truth and haul insults at you
They cannot even try it, they cannot reside in Okoko then come here and spew trash

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by manutdadex(m): 7:38am On Jun 15, 2017
The flyover is a grt idea. But am bit disappointed that the most important part of the project is neglected! I.E THE PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE! in a roa of that size n yet no p. Bridge shows n support my asertion that government dont care abt d safety n value of human life.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by Pavore9: 7:39am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
This is a clarion call to Ambode to use his head when next building a fly over, the fly over is of no use. It is not serving the purpose it was built for, indeed it was a waste of public public.

I will snap the traffic gridlock the fly over built by the brainless man constructed and was been praised by fellow brainless Nairaland.

How can you built a fly over that will see 6 lanes diverting to just one lane Ado road?

Labelling others brainless in order to pass your opinion, does not make one look wiser!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 7:41am On Jun 15, 2017
manutdadex:
The flyover is a grt idea. But am bit disappointed that the most important part of the project is neglected! I.E THE PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE! in a roa of that size n yet no p. Bridge shows n support my asertion that government dont care abt d safety n value of human life.
Please, where do you base so we can discuss on the usefulness of the bridge. I am not ready to talk to people resident in the Sangotedo axis because they have no idea of what we resident of Badore Langbasa face

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 7:42am On Jun 15, 2017
Pavore9:

Labelling others brainless in order to pass your opinion, does not make one look wiser!
Tribalism just arrived. Those dudes don't care about you so no respect for them
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 7:43am On Jun 15, 2017
Don't base Mainland and come here to spew trash, be warned

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by Pavore9: 7:48am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
Tribalism just arrived. Those dudes don't care about you so no respect for them

Tribalism? I do not​ relate with anyone based on his/her tribe but character. Nairalanders​ who know me, knows that! cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by ZombieTAMER: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
I am talking about turning to Ado road and not even Ilaje, that is another brainless work with no iota of sense
Am telling you that ado road is too narrow
The cars coming there is much
They have to expand the road to make the flyover efficient

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 8:00am On Jun 15, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Am telling you that ado road is too narrow
The cars coming there is much
They have to expand the road to make the flyover efficient
I am not disputing you on that, we are saying the same thing.

My question is, why on earth will one construct a road and divert 6 Vehicles to such a bottle neck (Ado junction)? Does it speaks of wisdom or foolishness?

What was the reason of commissioning a yet to be finished fly over? They are still working on the Ilaje side of the road and what was the sense in rushing the commissioning of the bridge?

The Ado road that was one of the finest prior to the coming of Ambode has been turned to Ajegunle by the Tinubu boys (the miners)

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by stevecantrell: 8:35am On Jun 15, 2017
The owner of HI TECH construction must eat. its not about making sense in Lagos state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 15, 2017
Extremely useless decision ..

Fashola or even Jimi would have done better....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 8:56am On Jun 15, 2017
Keneking:
Extremely useless decision ..

Fashola or even Jimi would have done better....
I tire, they have turned Ado Badore road to Ijebu Ode Epe road, sand everywhere.

Fashola stopped all that only to be allowed under this government

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by nedu2000(m): 10:27am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
They cannot even try it, they cannot reside in Okoko then come here and spew trash
bros I agree with you,i studied civil engrg and I must say that it's becoming a trend in lagos where constructing a road/bridge is seen as job done. They fail to look at alternative routes/bus stops/areas of larger concentrations when doing their rubbish. Come and look at the ongoing lagos/badagry expway and you'll see what rubbish is

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by ikorodureporta: 10:36am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:

wey pishures? Meanwhile, Let me inform lalasticlala
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by Ajibel(m): 10:54am On Jun 15, 2017
Please next time OP try and pass your grievances without name calling.

Ambode isn't the one who designed the bridge. He contracted the bridge out to professionals (Engineers) who after taken a study of the area and it's traffic issues came up with a solution for the Ajah bridge and other adjoining roads. This had inputs from the contractor Hi-tech to the Ministry of works in Lagos and other consultants.

If their design is wrong, all you have to do is present your case to the governor or government of Lagos using any social medium and it'll be looked into if it reaches the right quarters.

We are still waiting for the pictures. The last time I passed Ajah, the bridge was still under construction.

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by soulfood(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2017
interesting.......
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by GEJPosterity: 11:24am On Jun 15, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Don't be surprised if I tell you that the original design for the Ado road axis developed under the Jakande Administration clearly set out that road as a 6-lane artery, but in its typical incompetence, the Lagos state government just built one tiny 3km stretch of asphalt and moved on, almost as if they can never envisage that the population will grow and put strain on the infrastructure.

They are repeating this EXACT same incompetent behaviour on the stretch between Abraham Adesanya and Ibeju Lekki. This is the area that has the Lekki Free Trade Zone, the new Lagos airport, Dangote refinery and dozens of housing estates and developments. Yet LASG has constructed just one tiny single-lane road with dangerous hairpin turns and no demarcation.

As usual, when the place starts filling up and the road becomes a daily nightmare, LASG will not own up to its own incompetence. What they will do is start sponsoring a few idiots with wasted destinies to start shouting "Lagos is full. Go back to your villages."

It's only in Nigeria that I've seen a government act like its own population is a dreadful burden, and that they should be grateful for whatever crumbs it throws their way, like a grossly inadequate and poorly-designed flyover bridge that actually worsens the existing problem. They even paid for a massive electronic advert on the billboard at the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge Admiralty way roundabout saying. "We are indeed grateful to you, Governor Ambode".

These people make you want to literally vomit. They are absolutely disgusting!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by IVORY2009(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2017
I think the op is saying something really great for people who lives in Ado area, the Langbase/Ado road is meant to be a two lane road for both in coming and out going cars, but you discover dat one lane has been taken over by street beggers and motories that park along the road, then not forgetting tipper drivers that fly that road on a daily basis, I think there should be a law, to solve that issue, den @ Ilaje bus stop, those buses carry passengers should be moved to the park, same @ the bus stop @ wonder-city church!

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by wristbangle: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:

Sir, you can convey your message subtly without mentioning the bolded. It's pointless because you don't know who is viewing your comment. Internet never forgets.

However you have made a reasonable point because the Ado single carriage way cannot bear the traffic heading to the 3 carriage way flyover. Until Ado road is expanded to atleast dual carriage way, such traffic gridlock won't stop.

This is an opportunity to inform Lagos state government to quickly do the needful before the situation gets out of hand but we must appreciate their little effort so far but it's not enough.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by wristbangle: 11:45am On Jun 15, 2017
GEJPosterity:

Don't be surprised if I tell you that the original design for the Ado road axis developed under the Jakande Administration clearly set out that road as a 6-lane artery, but in its typical incompetence, the Lagos state government just built one tiny 3km stretch of asphalt and moved on, almost as if they can never envisage that the population will grow and put strain on the infrastructure.

They are repeating this EXACT same incompetent behaviour on the stretch between Abraham Adesanya and Ibeju Lekki. This is the area that has the Lekki Free Trade Zone, the new Lagos airport, Dangote refinery and dozens of housing estates and developments. Yet LASG has constructed just one tiny single-lane road with dangerous hairpin turns and no demarcation.

As usual, when the place starts filling up and the road becomes a daily nightmare, LASG will not own up to its own incompetence. What they will do is start sponsoring a few idiots with wasted destinies to start shouting "Lagos is full. Go back to your villages."

It's only in Nigeria that I've seen a government act like its own population is a dreadful burden, and that they should be grateful for whatever crumbs it throws their way, like a grossly inadequate and poorly-designed flyover bridge that actually worsens the existing problem. They even paid for a massive electronic advert on the billboard at the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge Admiralty way roundabout saying. "We are indeed grateful to you, Governor Ambode".

These people make you want to literally vomit. They are absolutely disgusting!

You are right about your criticism. I hope that Ibeji Lekki have standard roads to hold the massive industrial layout of that channel so it won't degenerate to Agbara Industrial estate road nightmare.
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by fergie001: 11:48am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
Why mention Okoko?
So humans don't stay in Okoko?
That's absurd,don't expect that from you as you noted your points intelligently.
Go to that same Okoko and see worse.Your traffic is 20mins and you complain,ask anyone plying the Lagos/Badagry,then you know what is logjam.That is not to say its right,you know,you should know the kind of a country we live in.

For the records,I was born and bred there,my family still resides there,but this your topic is for educational purposes,next time make points without necessarily calling out.

Thanks for your understanding.

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 11:53am On Jun 15, 2017
wristbangle:

Sir, you can convey your message subtly without mentioning the bolded. It's pointless because you don't know who is viewing your comment. Internet never forgets.

However you have made a reasonable point because the Ado single carriage way cannot bear the traffic heading to the 3 carriage way flyover. Until Ado road is expanded to atleast dual carriage way, such traffic gridlock won't stop.

This is an opportunity to inform Lagos state government to quickly do the needful before the situation gets out of hand but we must appreciate their little effort so far but it's not enough.
emabinu jare, so upset I spent close to one hour from Ilaje to my house yesterday and this morning coming out was hell again. What was the noise over the fly over then?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2017
fergie001:

Why mention Okoko?
So humans don't stay in Okoko?
That's absurd,don't expect that from you as you noted your points intelligently.
Go to that same Okoko and see worse.Your traffic is 20mins and you complain,ask anyone plying the Lagos/Badagry,then you know what is logjam.That is not to say its right,you know,you should know the kind of a country we live in.

For the records,I was born and bred there,my family still resides there,but this your topic is for educational purposes,next time make points without necessarily calling out.

Thanks for your understanding.
Thank you bro, accept my apology. I was so mad with what I faced amidst the billions spent to construct the fly over

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by fergie001: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
Thank you bro, accept my apology. I was so mad with what I faced amidst of the billions spent to construct the fly over
Calm down,dont be angry,if you follow what you see in this country,you will commit murder.
Try taking some time out to say Okokomaiko on Monday morning,if you dont relocate out of Lagos,I am dishonest.
Life first,continuous struggle,victory is certain.

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by Max24: 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
This is when u will know who is more strategic between Ambode and Fashola. Governing Lagos is more than just throwing money at problems - you have to show that u are a creative problem solver. Let's hope this senseless spending will not become the order for Ambode. What do u expect when an inexperienced incoming govnor refuses to call his nationally respected predecessor ? The earlier Ambode learn from d best the better. Any dummy can successfully rule Lagos so what we need is an optimizer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Quit Notice: Professor Ijeoma Decimates Professor Anglo. / MASSOB Warns On The Proliferation Of Yoruba Churches In Biafraland. / Return Your Children To School From Monday, IPOB Orders Biafran Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.