Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,618 members, 7,827,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over (2801 Views)

Tinubu Laughing Warmly With Ambode And Sanwo-Olu At APC Convention (Photo) / Photos Of Ambode And Sanwo- Olu Arriving Together For The APC Convention / Ambode And Tinubu Meet At Jim Ovia's 'Africa Rise And Shine' Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by olujaidi: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
I agree with you. The bridge was only one part of the solution. A more comprehensive solution would have included lay-bys abi na lays-by on either side of the bridge as well as an expansion of the entrance into Ado road and the exit onto the expressway. A pedestrian bridge would help too

It would appear that Ambode was merely after quick wins. Although, to be fair to him, when he commissioned the bridge he ordered the rehabilitation of the road. To date nothing has happened.

The sand miners were banned under Fashola. Only God knows what underhand dealings were made during the elections.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by DamiBukola: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
olujaidi:
I agree with you. The bridge was only one part of the solution. A more comprehensive solution would have included lay-bys abi na lays-by on either side of the bridge as well as an expansion of the entrance into Ado road and the exit onto the expressway.

It would appear that Ambode was merely after quick wins. Although, to be fair to him, when he commissioned the bridge he ordered the rehabilitation of the road. To date nothing has happened.

The sand miners were banned under Fashola. Only God knows what underhand dealings were made during the elections.

I tire pass you as regards the miners, they are all Tinubu boys. Even Fayemi came down last two Months to stop them, the next day, they returned with full force

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by olujaidi: 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
I tire pass you as regards the miners, they are all Tinubu boys. Even Fayemi came down last two Months to stop them, the next day, they returned with full force

The miners are a major part of the problem. The failure of the LCDA to clear the drainage is another.The manner of construction esp. on the drainages where it prevents the flow of water is there. The lack of town planning in that axis is the biggest. As for Tinubu and his boys, man must wack grin

Frustrating is an understatement

1 Like

Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by laudate: 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
This is a clarion call to Ambode to use his head when next building a fly over, the fly over is of no use. It is not serving the purpose it was built for, indeed it was a waste of public public.

I will snap the traffic gridlock the fly over built by the brainless man constructed and was been praised by fellow brainless Nairaland.

How can you built a fly over that will see 6 lanes diverting to just one lane Ado road?

Were you not taught how to be polite when exchanging online views? How can you call fellow Nairalanders, brainless? shocked The problem with the Ajah gridlock is not the flyover. It is totally man made. sad

it is caused by Danfos picking and dropping passengers carelessly on the same road, just beside the flyover that leads to the Ado road junction under the bridge, kabu-kabu drivers stopping anywhere they like in that same axis with LASTMA people turning a blind eye to them, the unsightly, congested market located right at the entry to Ado road, which should have been relocated long ago, due to its propensity to cause traffic etc. undecided

For those going to Sangotedo, Awoyaya, Lakowe, Ibeju & Epe, that flyover is Godsent!!

ZombieTAMER:
The flyover is not useless
Just that a lot of work needs to be done all around that axis to make it more efficient

1. The bustops at both sides of Ilaje needs to be moved.. Those drivers are not helping matters at all even with the Lastma officials there

2. Ado road should be expanded .. The traffic there is mind blowing... It wasn't designed to carry such traffic

Exactly!! Thank you, o! shocked Also, the side roads from the Lekki-Epe expressway at the turn off behind Dominos, the Ajah Police Station and that RCCG parish, need to be tarred and used as an alternative route to enter Thomas Estate and link up other parts of Ado Road.
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by laudate: 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
DamiBukola:
Prior to the fly over, we spent 5 to 10 minutes to turn to Ado road but we now spend 10 to 20 minutes; what is now the essence of the fly over. The Ado road has a bottle neck and he is expecting 6 Vehicles or more to go in at the same time

You spent 5-10 minutes before the flyover was built? I find that difficult to believe. I have spent nothing less than 30 minutes at that Ado junction before that flyover was built on many occassions..
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by laudate: 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
Pavore9:
Labelling others brainless in order to pass your opinion, does not make one look wiser!

God bless you!! cheesy I thought I was the only one who noticed her choice of words...
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by laudate: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
IVORY2009:
I think the op is saying something really great for people who lives in Ado area, the Langbase/Ado road is meant to be a two lane road for both in coming and out going cars, but you discover dat one lane has been taken over by street beggers and motories that park along the road, then not forgetting tipper drivers that fly that road on a daily basis, I think there should be a law, to solve that issue, den @ Ilaje bus stop, those buses carry passengers should be moved to the park, same @ the bus stop @ wonder-city church!
Thank you, o! sad Too many cars & tippers parked on either side of the road, cause a lot of congestion on that axis. The day, one VIP was coming there and they put mobile police and all sorts of security agencies there, there was no traffic. Everything moved seamlessly....

wristbangle:
Sir, you can convey your message subtly without mentioning the bolded. It's pointless because you don't know who is viewing your comment. Internet never forgets.

However you have made a reasonable point because the Ado single carriage way cannot bear the traffic heading to the 3 carriage way flyover. Until Ado road is expanded to atleast dual carriage way, such traffic gridlock won't stop.

This is an opportunity to inform Lagos state government to quickly do the needful before the situation gets out of hand but we must appreciate their little effort so far but it's not enough.

Ado road is not even a single lane type of road. It is just that on either side of the road, you would see several cars parked there along with Tippers, Danfos and other heavy-duty vehicles at intermittent points, (which all have no business being there) thereby narrowing the remaining space that is left for vehicular traffic. Ilaje too needs to be heavily decongested, as the inflow from that place contributes to the heavy traffic on Ado Road.
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by wristbangle: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
laudate:

Thank you, o! sad Too many cars & tippers parked on either side of the road, cause a lot of congestion on that axis. The day, one VIP was coming there and they put mobile police and all sorts of security agencies there, there was no traffic. Everything moved seamlessly....

Ado road is not even a single lane type of road. It is just that on either side of the road, you would see several cars parked there along with Tippers, Danfos and other heavy-duty vehicles at intermittent points, (which all have no business being there) thereby narrowing the remaining space that is left for vehicular traffic. Ilaje too needs to be heavily decongested, as the inflow from that place contributes to the heavy traffic on Ado Road.

You are right boss. Atleast this will be a temp solution to the hug traffic there pending when the road will be expanded
Re: Ambode And The Meaningless Ajah Fly-over by decomaniaboss(f): 3:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
Am not a fan of apc government but ,I most confess that ajah traffic is spiritual....the fly over was a good idea ,but I do not seems to fathom a reason why it didn't help reduce the dam traffic....while the new roundabout system that was created in jakande is working impeccably..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Nnamdi Kanu Rejects US Prediction Over Biafra, Says He Has No Political.. / The Open Secret In Aso Rock, But No One Can Say It. / See The Look Between Saraki & Tinubu As They Met At An Event(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.