Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award (14155 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives The 'Prism Of Reason' Award In Germany (Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (2) (3) (4)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by seunny4lif(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
E pain am
Lightening:

Your people commit the greatest attrocities: shedding human blood for ritual. Address it first you hypocrite.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by seunny4lif(m): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hopeful20100:
Igbo women...brain and beauty are like 5 and 6.

Oyah Afonjas come and kill me.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by jrusky(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
victorazy:
Not zoo but Biafra

Come and see come and see oo come and see another fool in the house you know that song?. Yes Nigeria is Zoo biko Nwanne tell our brothers to vacate the North by October you hear?

Leave their land and go back home please allow zoo people to oenjoy their zoo after all they have asked to go yet meeting upon meeting, begging upon begging, elder visitation upon visitation biko pack your loads and go. Leave zoo people alone and get lost. Shameless chest beaters.

Let the zoo people rest please go. Go I repeat go stand by the mandate of October deadline that show we mean business. Nonsense.

Goat(Ewu)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Dicedpineapple(f): 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
Respect ma
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by googi: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
Who the heck is Mary Mc?

Zik, Awo or Nkrumah?

When are Africans going to come out of this complex?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by azarenka: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
I wanted to say congrats to her out of tribal sentiments...but no!!!

A woman who has no husband deserves no respect.

When husband scarce for dia side, dem go start dey form feminist.
Point of correction,Chimamanda Adichie is married with a daughter.So,your respect for women is only to their marital status,not in their value,hardwork,morals,personal development,dignity and taking pride in adding value to the lives of others?Marriage is just an icing on the cake.Mind you,a cake can be eaten with or without the icing.Be wise.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by MurphyTheory99(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

A woman who has no husband or one who sees herself greater than a man deserves no respect.

She I very married and recently had a baby. Not every celebrity showcase their private life on social media. Meanwhile you need to grow up fast.

You won't any woman cos she is not married? God! Are sending your comment from a remote village? Or farm.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Heromaniaa: 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

A woman who has no husband or one who sees herself greater than a man deserves no respect.

She is happily married with a child. Now go and get a life.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by swiperthefox: 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Oga she is married undecided

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by jrusky(m): 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
Congrats though I don't know much about you but I wish you the best.

For my people the master chest beaters and cowards who started tribal rants in the past few days your so called Afonja has won seats in the UK last electio, your so called Afonja are the majority from Nigeria that won U20 world cup for same UK yet the so called Afonja never rain heaven down and start tribal rants but for this award that has no meaning won by Chinmanda tribal rants started *oh we are the best* *oh we did the best* what always annoys me most with my people is that actual people who do not want to see our face(The North) my people will never abuse them mbannu they will be too afraid to stand in the face of the north and bluff them but will face the SW people out of their cowardliness this is why I'm always angry with my people. Biko I don't bloody give a bleep if I annoys you may go and die.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by nnokwa042(m): 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
seguno2:

Is that to mean that other Nigerian tribes are not doing well?
Does that mean that there are not many Igbos doing dirty, bad and dangerous things?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.
what stop's you from saying Yoruba's re doing well too? Mind ur business ogbeni

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by tianshie(m): 1:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Omugo ni e. She is married.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Bullhari007(m): 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Amanda my crush

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by APCsupporter: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Busy grabbing accolades while others are are being sent to donkey years behind bars after eating jollof rice on rented jet

while some are still confessing about their kidnappings

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Vikky014(f): 1:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

she is married to a white man OK she doesnt need your mumu respect from ur dull brain.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by APCsupporter: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
jrusky:

Come and see come and see oo come and see another fool in the house you know that song?. Yes Nigeria is Zoo biko Nwanne tell our brothers to vacate the North by October you hear?

Leave their land and go back home please allow zoo people to oenjoy their zoo after all they have asked to go yet meeting upon meeting, begging upon begging, elder visitation upon visitation biko pack your loads and go. Leave zoo people alone and get lost. Shameless chest beaters.

Let the zoo people rest please go. Go I repeat go stand by the mandate of October deadline that show we mean business. Nonsense.

Goat(Ewu)
1000 likes for you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by seguno2: 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
nnokwa042:
what stop's you from saying Yoruba's re doing well too? Mind ur business ogbeni

I am happy to simply say that Nigerians are doing well.
I guess that the people who gave her the award referred to her as Nigerian just like the title of the thread.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by seguno2: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
Vikky014:
she is married to a white man OK she doesnt need your mumu respect from ur dull brain.

Are white men from Nigeria?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Vikky014(f): 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
seguno2:

Are white men from Nigeria?
go and ask any mad man in ur area. thank me later

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Nnemaranma(f): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe

When husband scarce for dia side, dem go start dey form feminist.[/quote]

Who told you she isn't married? sad
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Nnemaranma(f): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
The husband isn't white.
Vikky014:

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by stanleyazo(m): 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
Beta Pikin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by defashan: 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Ignorant Igbo IPOB like you. She is married, unfortunately she didn't find any of you Igbo Igbos worthy to chop her toto.

She married an Edo man who is a medic. Go school, una no go go. Na to de run upandan th country selling fake goods everywhere.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by kingvick09(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
shey na mccarthy wey dy for hunters??
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by ajealadick(m): 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
So is your proud son Evans too.
Keneking:
Igbos are indeed doing very well grin

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by nextstep(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

What century are you living in? I don't agree with male-bashing (or militant feminism) but this comment on women echoes the reasons why women could not vote, go to school, own property, and many other ills we have thankfully left behind

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by pweeryambre: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
seguno2:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, mister.
Stop showing your ignorance in public with empty swag.

https://www.nairaland.com/3200086/chimamanda-adichie-husband-welcomed-daughter
Even if knows what he's talking about, I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman choosing to be without a husband.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by segematico(m): 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

The woman supports gays and lesbians so to b getting cheap recognition and jaundice award like dis #ho

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

I hope you're aware that she's married.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

She is happily married with a kid...Not everyone wants their family in the limelight.

The Contract By Melanie Moreland / Letter To The Introverts, From Sassynigerian / Only I Level Up: Iron Sanctuary