Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award (14167 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Receives The 'Prism Of Reason' Award In Germany (Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by seguno2: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
pweeryambre:

Even if knows what he's talking about, I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman choosing to be without a husband.

I very much agree with you sir.
Cheers.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
I

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by lordyugo: 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
APCsupporter:

while some are still confessing about their kidnappings

while others are still confessing on how to mine vaginas cos they are bereft of any idea on how to make money loooool
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by lordyugo: 3:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
defashan:

Ignorant Igbo IPOB like you. She is married, unfortunately she didn't find any of you Igbo Igbos worthy to chop her toto.

She married an Edo man who is a medic. Go school, una no go go. Na to de run upandan th country selling fake goods everywhere.

u prefer they run around lagos as alaye and omonile collecting low denominations frm those selling fake products?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Dhotseal(m): 3:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
I wanted to say congrats to her out of tribal sentiments...but no!!!

A woman who has no husband or one who sees herself greater than a man deserves no respect.

When husband scarce for dia side, dem go start dey form feminist.

slowpoke!
Who told you she has no husband and where in the world did u get the idea that a woman without a husband does not deserve respect. Besides, do u really think she needs your affirmation? Kindly show some respect to yourself by not displaying such 'fuckery' and buffoonry in a public space.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by IamMuhaa(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hopeful20100:
Igbo women...brain and beauty are like 5 and 6.

Oyah Afonjas come and kill me.

abeghi!! we've got Wole Soyinka who is a noble laureate. No body for una village or Biafra go fit achieve that.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Vikky014(f): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nnemaranma:
The husband isn't white.
really?? thought he was. where is he from
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by jasperism(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
seguno2:

Is that to mean that other Nigerian tribes are not doing well?
Does that mean that there are not many Igbos doing dirty, bad and dangerous things?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.

Even you no fit read wetin you write
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Duru009(m): 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
Igbo's always doing Nigeria proud globally!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by APCsupporter: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
lordyugo:

while others are still confessing on how to mine vaginas cos they are bereft of any idea on how to make money loooool

while some are still on death row in Asia
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by lordyugo: 4:17pm On Jun 15, 2017
APCsupporter:

while some are still on death row in Asia

likewise in naija rotten cells for chopping up babies like sardines
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Butterworth: 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A woman who has no husband or one who sees herself greater than a man deserves no respect.

Who told you she don't have husband?

And when did having a husband makes one more woman than the other.

Grow some sense or you want me to beat some sense into your skull.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by iRepNaija1: 7:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
seguno2:

Is that to mean that other Nigerian tribes are not doing well?
Does that mean that there are not many Igbos doing dirty, bad and dangerous things?
Look before you leap.
Think before you talk.

You need take your own advice. That poster did not make any negative or disparaging remarks about other ethnic tribes. Just because a person chooses to compliment one tribe does not somehow take away from another. The only thing you've done is show everyone on this forum your own insecurities.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Enrichlee(m): 9:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

She's actually happily married with a daughter and making it in life. Quit hating!

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 15, 2017
Larrysun the author of blackmaria is a very good writer too. The problem is that Nigerians don't regard literature as something and that Is why most talented writers never make a living from their writing business... sad sad sad
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Shalomdee(f): 10:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
I love Chimamanda. I used to think she was still single, thank God she is happily married.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by judgedredd22(m): 6:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Dicedpineapple:
Respect ma

i want to 'eat' diced pineapple! grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by gemale(m): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2017
[quote auth
Chimamanda adichie is married to a white man & even if she wasn't married, i don't see why she should be less deserving of respect. Marriage on its own is no achievement. It's a step in life. It doesn't take that much an effort to get married. 1 doesn't exactly have to write an exam or appear before a panel to be certified fit to marry. 1 just agrees with the intended spouse & does it. Do you believe that because you were born with male reproductive organs, you are superior to those born with female organs? Because that seems to be what your statements imply. You function in the mindset that females owe you obeisance due to that singular fact. I have never heard Ms adichie state that she's superior to any man. What i have heard her say is that she wouldn't permit stereotypes & notions held by society be a stumbling block to her striving to be the best version of herself. That if she sets a goal for herself, she wouldn't allow people convince her that goal is beyond her reach simply because she's a woman. Now if that attitude isn't worth respecting, i wonder what is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by gemale(m): 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
pmc01:
Social issues or strictly feminist issues?
Congrats to her all the same and congrats to Nigeria until she becomes a Biafran. cheesy
Social issues. Have you heard the talk she gave on the dangers of stereotyping & profiling? I think it was titled "the dangers of the 1 sided story".
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by pmc01(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
gemale:

Social issues. Have you heard the talk she gave on the dangers of stereotyping & profiling? I think it was titled "the dangers of the 1 sided story".
I saw it, TEDx program.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by Nnemaranma(f): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Vikky014:
really?? thought he was. where is he from
He's Nigerian. I'm not of of the particular state he comes from; but he's Nigerian.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Receives The Mary Mccarthy Award by PsalmieD(m): 12:22am On Jun 28, 2017
Brownbarbie97:

The haters have arrived,jump into the lagoon if you're pained grin

You and your family can go Ahead... Idiot...

You are nothing but a disgrace to humanity...

Oponu ayirada...Alainikanse, Werey...
Quote me again..And I will give you what you will be Struggling with till the rest of ur life...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only I Level Up: Iron Sanctuary / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / Differences Between A Short Story, Novelette, Novella, & A Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.