Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? (1058 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Ifyone123(f): 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
What do you think of the idea that opposites attract? Does it hold any truth in your relationships/marriage? And if, indeed, you are attracted to your opposite and decide to marry him/her...will it last? Will you date/marry someone with thesame character/attitude like you?

Honest answers please...
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
NO I WON'T.

I MEAN, I WANT SOMEONE ELSE ENTIRELY. SOMEONE THAT HAVE HAD A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE ABOUT LIFE, SOMEONE I CAN LEARN FROM, A UNIQUE CHARACTER.

NOT MYSELF..... I USE A TAMPON!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

HE SHOULD HAVE ABIT OF MY PERSON WHICH IS A NECESSITY BUT NOT A REPLICA OF MYSELF.

1 Like

Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Fkforyou(m): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
Let me think about it.... undecided
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by makydebbie(f): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
Someone like me is a disaster.
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by yvelchstores(f): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
In the tins of God, he is like me, only better. In the area of picking offence, he is as a child, which is my opposite thus inspiring to me. I want to be like him cos he is not like me.
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by joyAA(f): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
Oh mymy that is my prayer almost everyday. I wish I can marry myself sometimes, it'd be a match made in heaven, no stress , no fight, I'd totally understand if I don't call me for hours, I'd never cheat on me emotionally or otherwise, I know what I like and don't like, I don't need to start explaining....
I wishhhhh
But I know its almost impossible.
I'm also not fazed by the possibility of not ever being married
But if I happen to be married to a man like me, as in exactly like me, mehn I'd be too happy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Mofpearl: 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
I can't marry someone completely opposite because we'll fight all the time. So I guess someone where both we share similar values but he still has some opposite characteristics but not to the extreme. So basically 75-80% similar and the rest can be opposite but not to the extreme.

1 Like

Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
I am a Mel-phleg, I am a Sapiosexual, I am intelligent and witty so yes I want someone like me. Though not one in my profession sha.
Sadly in life you don't always get what you want.
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by damesilver(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
yommeey:

I am Capricorn, Melphleg, Sapiosexual, intelligent, witty and an anti-social introvert. Seem like we have a lot in common.

Not trying to 'toast' you though: D

I logged in because of this madam. I'm VIRGO, melphleg, drawn to women with class, gravitas, elegance and creativity. Above all spiritual. Me, I want to toast you o. Lol. Just because of the fact that you're a Capricorn. I have read so much about them. I would like to be a friend to one. would you mind?
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by damesilver(m): 11:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
yommeey:

I don't mind. I need friends.

Really? you know anything about VIRGO? I will rather you know them well before making friends. May I have your number? Or whichever contact your comfortable with.
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
yommeey:

I am Capricorn, Melphleg, Sapiosexual, intelligent, witty and an anti-social introvert. Seem like we have a lot in common.

Not trying to 'toast' you though cheesy
Lol lool lol , you sef na wa.
Capricorns are usually heady and difficult to deal with, maybe yours is different sha grin.
Wait fes you're not Mel-phleg jare. Maybe 90% Mel sha.
We surely would have a lot in common, yeah
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Richy4(m): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
Marrying someone like me?...I can't even imagine it... smiley
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nahhh, very unlikely
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nickymezor(f): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
No way
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by DarkRebel69: 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
Getting married to someone who is like you in all things is no different from sealing the nuptial knot with a vanity mirror. Unless one is Narcissus from Greek mythology, I see no reason why anyone's genitals should tauten at the idea of wedding their very own self reflections.

I wish to marry someone different, but not markedly different, and certainly not so different as to the extent whereby both our feet do not stand on the grounds of shared interests. The differences could exist in more noble, more naunced ways e.g. We could both be literatis, except while she takes to thrillers or chick-lits novels, I, on the other hand, could be besotted with non-fiction books. In such case, even though our literary interest overlap mildly, the sweet taste of literature is appreciated differently by our palates.

Surely a little behavioural dimorphism would make for a more interesting match-up than a situation whereby one party is an impeccable facsimile of the other.

1 Like

Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by coveredchic(f): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
Of course, i would love to date someone like myself although not totally alike. In that case, I'm sure he won't stray and i get to have an intelligent partner - a great turn on for me.
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by DarkRebel69: 7:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
coveredchic:
Of course, i would love to date someone like myself although not totally alike. In that case, I'm sure he won't stray and i get to have an intelligent partner - a great turn on for me.

Would you be kind enough as to clarify?;

What turns you on? Is it an intelligent partner?
Re: Will You Date/Marry Your Opposite Or Someone Like You? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
Yes I will

(1) (Reply)

Life Has Been Unfair To Me / Dear Woman The Man Is Head Of The Home / New 2 in 1 Bassinet For Sale 15k Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.