Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths (3266 Views)

Buhari/Osinbajo’s Whereabouts: Arewa Youths Call For Femi Adesina’s Resignation / Ipob Japan Waiting Anxiously For Buhari( Jubrin) / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Daily Sun Newspaper Headlines [4th October, 2017] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by Ogashub(m): 7:04am On Jun 16, 2017
*WE ANXIOUSLY AWAIT YOU, OCTOBER 2017*

All Northerners should eagerly wait for October 2017 and brace up for a new dawn of Economic opportunities and properity.

I am talking of the enormous Economic and Jobs vacuum that will be left by the Ndi-igbos after their mass exodus at the expiration of the deadline given to them by the Arewa Youth Groups, which will be filled by us, for our future prosperity and we’ll-being.

It saddens me that for every Naira I spend, much of it goes to the Ndi-igbo on the purchase of one thing or the other. Who benefits more between the buyer and the seller of goods? I can do without certain goods but I cannot survive if nobody buys my merchandise.The deadline and the impending exodus cast my mind back to 1967.

Prior to that first exodus, virtually every small, medium and big business in my hometown (by the standard of the time) was owned by Ndi-igbos. All the shops and all the tables of wares in the Commercial Area of Kiyawa were owned by them. Enter the Market on Friday – the market day. All you see in the market stalls were Ndi-igbos. All you could hear was their singing and drumming on wooden boxes. You would hear more Ndigbo language spoken than Hausa. Kiyawa was then a very prosperous commercial town as a result of farming activities. Groundnut, cotton and hide and skin were the major attraction.

The Ndi-igbos had a head start in commercial activity that led to their dominance for the very reason that all Manufactured goods came through the South or were made there. So they got hold of them first and then brought them to us. But the penchance for domination by them extended even to other activities, including Sports.

I could remember that in my home town only one local young man forced his way into the all-Ndi-igbo team practising in the local Public Primary school’s Football pitch.

They freely moved around every part of the town, and prowdly too, unpurturbed – men in shorts and women in skirts. The Northerner even today will feel a total stranger walking on the streets of Aba in his native Arewa attire.

In the evenings they would go the abattoir for vultures, search the traditional neighbourhood for bats, or the river side and ponds for frogs. They ate some,smoked and sent some to the East. What a Celebration of some sort if it was a Donkey,Horse or Cow were to die? Since Muslim tradition prohibits eating of dead or hoofed animals, the site became a temporary abattoir for the Ndi-igbos. Vultures,bats and frogs were becoming extinct until that fateful event of 1967 when they were asked to return home by their then leader, Chief Emeka Odumegu Ojukwu to establish their own State of Biafra.

As we were told by our elders, they abandoned their Businesses, after taking what they could. Of course a lot of the locals wept for losing their friends and classmates, who were leaving, not realizing that it was a new door of opportunity that was opening for the shrewd ones among the locals.

Very soon, many people started merchandising in what was thought to be the preserve of only a particular ethnic group. Things have never been the same for the local Economy since then.
When some of the Ndi-igbos, especially the adult, came back after the Civil War, see how people gathered at the Palace of the Village Heads, their first port of call, to welcome them.

Every now and then, news spread of the arrival of yet another surviving Ndigbo. “John is back. He’s also alive.” The news would go round and recieved with joy. It was like relations that were thought dead, returning after all hope was lost.

The returnees came back only with clothes they were wearing, as their only assets. I could remember a certain John’s shirt sleeves were folded to the elbows because they were dead at the elbows for over-use. And that was all he had.

They soon picked up through borrowing from the local Businessmen with the guarantee of the Village Head and other notables in the town.

Well, history is about to repeat itself come October. Whether the whole circle of that history will be repeated is doubtful. But this time the Ibos will be gone forever. If,it happens, an even bigger door of opportunity will open for Northerners. We are more Educated & are financially stronger. The sources of all these goods are more known to us than in the past. And we are more Business-minded now. How many Northerners are dreaming of establishing their own Business in spare parts, building materials, drugs, transport, fabric, electrical appliances, electrical fittings, furniture-making, boutiques, generators and water pumps, toilet fittings and tiles, etc, but for the unhealthy competitive attitude of the Ibos who will tell their union members to slash down price to bring you down, or bribe your sale-girl to divert your customers to them, or bugle your shop, or set fire to it, or simply waste you away if you engage in their kind of business?

In addition, our youth will now get the jobs that the Ndi-igbos will vacate. We all know that no Ndigbo at the helm of affairs in any organization gives jobs to any other than his ilk. We’ll get cheap Houses to buy and cheap Shops to rent.

*I keep wondering whether our so-called leaders who castigate those who gave the quit notice are aware of the positive benefits that will accrue to the people they lead when the Ibos leave* ?.

*I wonder why Ndigbo leaders were all silent or supportive of the activities of their miscreants, while our leaders are always quick in castigating and condemning those who respond in a well thought-out and mature manner* ? Would they rather protect the interest of ungrateful strangers than that of their own people? *We have to look at the positive side of the creation of Biafa*. We should support them and wish them well rather than insisting they should remain with us against their wish.

We should be awaiting October anxiously.

Mallam Adamu Aliyu Kiyawa:an Educationist, Journalist & Public Affairs Commentator, Dutse,Jigawa State*

Read more: http://ogashub.com.ng/we-anxiously-await-you-october-2017arewa-youths/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:05am On Jun 16, 2017
OK, is at the corner
Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by TheHistorian(m): 7:05am On Jun 16, 2017
angry
Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by stephleena(f): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2017
lazy parasite, u want to enjoy,the empire of another man...if you can't,struggle to build yours now, how then can you manage,Tue empire of another man??very lazy set of people,always wanting already made..

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by Evablizin(f): 7:17am On Jun 16, 2017
Adamu Aliyu an educationist indeed,are you sure you wrote WAEC by yourself, i can't believe that this shiit came out from your mouth with this i stamp you as a lazy man,so you are among the people eyeing the properties of Ndi igbo kai

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by sammieguze(m): 7:22am On Jun 16, 2017
so, the whole issue is about stealing others people's business ideas and properties ehn

those people are stupid to say the least

do they not think of all the adamu and aliru in the south east too?
or they think they will be free to conduct business in the south east while they chase the ibos out of their region
barawo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 16, 2017
stephleena:
lazy parasite, u want to enjoy,the empire of another man...if you can't,struggle to build yours now, how then can you manage,Tue empire of another man??very lazy set of people,always wanting already made..

106 Days 16hrs 34mins 12secs to go

7 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 16, 2017
Well written and articulate. Message was clear no distraction in each paragraph.

Summary: Ibos can go, as they start a new life with hopes and aspirations so shall we.

6 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by intruxive(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2017
See wetin una cause unasef
Kanu has forever endangered the accommodating atmosphere igbos enjoy in the north, sad cry

4 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by emmalexabl(m): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2017
Thanx to God....

At last Biafra is here cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by smardray(m): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2017
Another illustration of joblessness

1 Like

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by ismhab(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2017
Ewu igbo pls go back to ur bia.fraud, the country of shinning sun, the dead and landlock country.

1 Like

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by Eastfield1: 7:35am On Jun 16, 2017
U see.
The Only reason this people keep threatening us is Because we have investment in the North which they believe they can use and intimidate us and subject us into slavery to do what ever they ask us to do any time we try to raise our head up in Nigeria.
For How long will this go on oh Great Igbo Nation?
For how long will you continue be subjected to intimidation & slavery?

11 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by chibuzorAbia: 7:36am On Jun 16, 2017
I hope we are watching in the SW. The igbos have to go!!!!

3 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by Edenoscar(m): 7:38am On Jun 16, 2017
NorthSide:

106 Days 16hrs 35mins 12secs to go

this cattle rearer is not even ashamed,you are fighting for another man property with pride

TUFIA

15 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by buchilino(m): 7:38am On Jun 16, 2017
WITH DIS KIND OF MINDSET, SOME CUCUMBERS ON DIS FORUM KEEP ASKING Y IGBOS WANT TO LEAVE.

2 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by anykProperties: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2017
The beauty of competition is that it refines and brings out the best in you. If you were too lazy to do these things while Ndigbo were with you, no magic can make you do it when they leave. What will make you rich is not the amount of money given to you but what you do with it. So even if Ndigbo leave all the money in this world behind, the North will still be poor. The alimajiri system, culture and religious belief of the northerners have conditioned them to be poor. No amount of money can change that.

Are you in Enugu State? Want to sell, buy or lease land? AnykProperties LTD is here to give you the best of services. Contact us @anykproperties@gmail.com, whatsapp:08038085317

7 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by Buharimustgo: 7:44am On Jun 16, 2017
He said Ndibgo ate Vultures,Bat and Frogs, this man can lie for all Muslim Illiterates

5 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by ismhab(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2017
Buharimustgo:
He said Ndibgo ate Vultures,Bat and Frogs, this man can lie for all Muslim Illiterates

They even use to eat donkey, that is why they are having donkey's brain and they act like donkeys

3 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by saymax(f): 7:58am On Jun 16, 2017
Now the story of the Isrealites and the Edomites during the reign of the persian king Xerxes comes to mind. The Edomites kept eyeing the investments of the Isrealites not knowing it was actually going to b their own doom. Hmmmmm!

13 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:02am On Jun 16, 2017
This is good.....

Whatever Brings Biafra Closer.....is good.

3 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by adadike281(f): 8:17am On Jun 16, 2017
Ndigbo with no ears, keep investing in d north, Keep buying land, keep building. Ojukwu warned u all but no one paid attention. Igbo lagosians, jisike! soon, e go do una like magic.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 8:33am On Jun 16, 2017
adadike281:
Ndigbo with no ears, keep investing in d north, Keep buying land, keep building. Ojukwu warned u all but no one paid attention. Igbo lagosians, jisike! soon, e go do una like magic.
nne eehn if you see the dey i pray make this declaration manifest,them no dey hear word,well most of them prefer money to life so owero ihe gbasara m,but adadike are you the previous asadike?

5 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by PedroJP(m): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2017
intruxive:
See wetin una cause unasef
Kanu has forever endangered the accommodating atmosphere igbos enjoy in the north, sad cry

Who called you for pity ? Save yourself your pity.

3 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by adadike281(f): 8:38am On Jun 16, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
nne eehn if you see the dey i pray make this declaration manifest,them no dey hear word,well most of them prefer money to life so owero ihe gbasara m,but adadike are you the previous asadike?
yes I am, why do u ask?
Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by cikranco2011: 8:41am On Jun 16, 2017
That Educationist Aboki should mind his utterances. I want independent republic of biafra does not mean i can't stay and do business in nigeria with visa. Just as every nigerian is doing business outside the shores of nigeria with visa. If UN should intervene igbo will get their referedum and dependent without losing anything and reside were ever they want in nigeria and do business but now with visa, Afterall the richest mallam has his investment all over the world so if UN and US should start attacking on him and most of the northern Elite class that equally have business all over the world they will have sense. senseless aboki trying to enslave igbo

2 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by JohnieWalker(m): 8:42am On Jun 16, 2017
October 1 will cum and nothing will happen. They need to approve social media laws
Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by eastsidechillz: 8:46am On Jun 16, 2017
Sorry to disappoint but Niger republic and Somalia will be a joke compared to u by the time we leave your North.

You will become the biggest IDP CAMP in the world.

Which Money will u be buying and selling with?

I hope you re not still expecting free oil money?

Lazy motherfuckers.

The world will see the true wretched region u re truly are.

October coming soon.

14 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by amazingspiderma: 8:49am On Jun 16, 2017
Exactly

How Mugabe lead Zimbabwe into it's current economic crisis.

2 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by sanandreas(m): 8:50am On Jun 16, 2017
They are after your investment and properties. It is so clear why North is issuing threats. Igbos leave the North and don't think it twice. Every southerner should live before October first. The northermers in the South should leave too. If a drop of blood is shared in the North. Expect same from the South. There is no monopoly of violence.

2 Likes

Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by dealslip(f): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2017
No SWner should comment and no one should mention SW on this thread.
Re: We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths by ismhab(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2017
cikranco2011:
That Educationist Aboki should mind his utterances. I want independent republic of biafra does not mean i can't stay and do business in nigeria with visa. Just as every nigerian is doing business outside the shores of nigeria with visa. If UN should intervene igbo will get their referedum and dependent without losing anything and reside were ever they want in nigeria and do business but now with visa, Afterall the richest mallam has his investment all over the world so if UN and US should start attacking on him and most of the northern Elite class that equally have business all over the world they will have sense. senseless aboki trying to enslave igbo

If biafa is born, we will never allow any Ewu igbos to do business in our domain, we don't even need diplomatic ties with them not to talk of having visa to live in our beloved country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Dogara Greeted Obasanjo Vs How He Greeted Amosun:See Difference / 2019 Election: See Results Of Twitter Poll Between PMB And Atiku / Investments In Sports Have Restored Our Legacy, Says Gov. Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.