Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (37465 Views)

The Moment Little Boy Caught His Dad Cheating On His Mum. See What Happened / Boy Gets Corrected By His Mum On Instagram, He Yanks Off Her Comments (Photos) / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by godquality: 5:45am On Jun 18, 2017
Problem with women is they think everything is a competition. The love a man has for his mum is not the same kind of love he will have for his wife. That being said, we have a lot of love to go round. So stop seeing the mum as your rival and accept your part in his life because you can only be his wife and mother of his kids. That's the love he will give you. While His mum will always be mum. And she will get son to mother love
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by mrphysics(m): 5:55am On Jun 18, 2017
pocohantas:

enough of this.
You will marry too. Can you marry a girl that calls her father every hour? Doesn't take decisions without consulting her father? Can you?? Would you be happy with your father inlaw interfering in your marriage and marital decisions? Please marry that type of lady and you'll also know the types of headache.
Why do you see marriage as a two way business. Something that must be between the man and the woman. In reality it's not just that instead of being between the man and his mum or father, the husband should find a neutral body interfering with some issues.

When a lady gets married, within that first 6 months, the parents still control her actions, directing her on what to do in some conditions. Just like you know, marriage is a school and everyone learns on daily basis. So she is still attached to the family till she is able to stand alone.

Men on the other way are independent by nature. Yes, it's a known fact. That doesn't mean that we should not listen to our parents after marriage. They may be a business a man will want to make that the parents have more knowledge in, so he should let the parents know too. He might want to take some decisions and he need to let the parents know. You should be advocating about filtering good information.

Well, you just have to mold your husband to be a robot, programmed and waiting to start executing your language. Everything you keep saying on this thread are ideal (ideal engine, a Carnot engine does not exist. so is an ideal market). Theories everywhere
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by mrphysics(m): 5:56am On Jun 18, 2017
godquality:
Problem with women is they think everything is a competition. The love a man has for his mum is not the same kind of love he will have for his wife. That being said, we have a lot of love to go round. So stop seeing the mum as your rival and accept your part in his life because you can only be his wife and mother of his kids. That's the love he will give you. While His mum will always be mum. And she will get son to mother love
If you were close, I would have given you some bottles of whatever you take
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by pocohantas(f): 7:07am On Jun 18, 2017
mrphysics:

Why do you see marriage as a two way business. Something that must be between the man and the woman. In reality it's not just that instead of being between the man and his mum or father, the husband should find a neutral body interfering with some issues.

When a lady gets married, within that first 6 months, the parents still control her actions, directing her on what to do in some conditions. Just like you know, marriage is a school and everyone learns on daily basis. So she is still attached to the family till she is able to stand alone.

Men on the other way are independent by nature. Yes, it's a known fact. That doesn't mean that we should not listen to our parents after marriage. They may be a business a man will want to make that the parents have more knowledge in, so he should let the parents know too. He might want to take some decisions and he need to let the parents know. You should be advocating about filtering good information.

Well, you just have to mold your husband to be a robot, programmed and waiting to start executing your language. Everything you keep saying on this thread are ideal (ideal engine, a Carnot engine does not exist. so is an ideal market). Theories everywhere
This epistle you wrote is very irrelevant to the point I made. There are men that share same view on this thread, why don't you quote them? You can't right? You prefer to quote women and satisfy your theories that it's woman competitio grin.

Oga read the OP and understand. Read from the first page...read!!! Till you've read and understood the problem isn't that he loves or confides in his mum...stop typing epistle for me.

Are humans now so slow that they forget there is something called balance? Calling his mum every hour and telling her every single thing is too much! That's the problem here, not this thing you're typing...Damn!

veraiyke:
hey lady cool temper. Let's not blow matter out of proportion. Truth is the op never complained about the man calling his mom every hour.

"but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls" .

Problem is, you people don't read through before commenting.
Cheers too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by veraiyke(m): 7:14am On Jun 18, 2017
Missfads:
Decide what is best for u.

Hello Nairalanders. I need your help please...
Social Media is bringing people together to help one another. So do this for me...!

I am contesting for a wedding cake with other four aspiring couples

I needs your likes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram because the winner will be determined from the one who has
the highest number of likes from the three social media.

I have been campaigning for likes, yet, I am not meeting up.

Help me like the pictures in this link to help me win.

Follow the links to like the pictures

Here are the links:
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1396189003752908&substory_index=0&id=115469595158195&refid=12&_rdc=1&_rdr

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU8dHa5lqNl/

Twitter

https://twitter.com/mixnbake/status/871584998922620928
Thank you.
Okay o I have helped your ministry but the picture no fine sha. You should have used a better attractive one. My opinion#
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Luvdk(f): 7:24am On Jun 18, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..
I dey suspect 2of them oh
Me I no dey hide my own oh
After her husband died,probably there was no one around to do the other work grin so she now use her son all those yrs

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by veraiyke(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2017
pocohantas:

enough of this.
You will marry too. Can you marry a girl that calls her father every hour? Doesn't take decisions without consulting her father? Can you?? Would you be happy with your father inlaw interfering in your marriage and marital decisions? Please marry that type of lady and you'll also know the types of headache.
hey lady cool temper. Let's not blow matter out of proportion. Truth is the op never complained about the man calling his mom every hour. She only complained about a statement of his which for me is just an exaggeration of how much he values his mother and not that he don't value his fiance. Now she's beginning to give herself more reasons and find fault which may not even be true. Life shouldn't be a competition. If your man loves you and you know that, he asks for ya advice and after due consideration he finds it okay he will take it. A man is allowed to seek advice from his mom married or not. The whole decision still lies on him. And that a man takes the advice of his mom above his wife may not say he loves his mom more. A man should not take a woman's advice just because its his wife but because the advice is good and should be heeded. Let us not be fast in advising for break up. Personally, I feel the op is finding faults where there may be none. And should see the to-be mother in law as her mom instead of a competitor. Cheers lady
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by rainylad(f): 7:31am On Jun 18, 2017
liberalchick:

So thunder will fire the woman that was inside sun, receiving insult form little conductor bus just to get to work and put food on the table of YOUR children. Isn't your wife going to be the MOTHER to your CHILDREN?!

..Thats to show you how usesless the boys on this thread are..according to these iddiots,'thunder should fire the mother of their children' effectively rendering their children motherless,while they cling to their own mothers..

..If i say that the average Nigerian male mentality is a little above that of a chicken,they will get angry

4 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by rainylad(f): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2017
boiz2men:

well done ma undecided

..Answer her questions na...your hypocrisy don hook you for neck.

3 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by troy20(m): 7:35am On Jun 18, 2017
may i also point out the common misconception that the way a man treats his mum is the way he's going to treat the wife.well its not necessarily so in very many cases...yeah quite ironical.a man say still in such a bond in his 30's wont shift or share such bond equally (whatever that means)with someone else he has barely had relations with for more a few months or years.this is not taking into account the naturally strong bond a mother and son have; the first person and woman he'd known...the breast feedings the sacrifices she'd made to see him grow into his adulthood...frankly you cant come in the way of that or beat that if he is still attached to that part of him so how do you expect to earn same and this is akin to not being weaned of that breast milk of his yet....that lovely bulging mound(though shriveled now) he struggles to get his little infant hands around as he suckles home pleasurely its glory.... wink he arnt aswell prepared to lead a new family of his me thinks.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by veraiyke(m): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2017
pocohantas:

This epistle you wrote is very irrelevant to the point I made. There are men that share same view on this thread, why don't you quote them? You can't right? You prefer to quote women and satisfy your theories that it's woman competitio grin.

Oga read the OP and understand. Read from the first page...read!!! Till you've read and understood the problem isn't that he loves or confides in his mum...stop typing epistle for me.

Are humans now so slow that they forget there is something called balance? Calling his mum every hour and telling her every single thing is too much! That's the problem here, not this thing you're typing...Damn!

"but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls" .

Problem is, you people don't read through before commenting.
Cheers too.
yea I read that and it was omitted. The point I'm trying to make is this may not be the case that he calls his mother every hour, morning, afternoon, night and midnight calls. The mom may not be the one telling the man what to do just like the op mentioned the mother told the son not to bother coming to see her and he insisted.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by pocohantas(f): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2017
veraiyke:
yea I read that and it was omitted. The point I'm trying to make is this may not be the case that he calls his mother every hour, morning, afternoon, night and midnight calls. The mom may not be the one telling the man what to do just like the op mentioned the mother told the son not to bother coming to see her and he insisted.
The problem is still that you people don't read. No one is saying it's a competition, you guys are the only ones bringing in that word. If you read, you'll see that I have said this same thing you are saying but some people chose to de dragging me back.

"he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this".

"Well he consults his mum most times before his decision.. Though i don't confront him abt that.. My only concern is that his statement abt him dying along with his mum.."

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Martin0(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2017
pocohantas:

The problem is still that you people don't read. No one is saying it's a competition, you guys are the only ones bringing in that word. If you read, you'll see that I have said this same thing you are saying but some people chose to de dragging me back.

"he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this".

"Well he consults his mum most times before his decision.. Though i don't confront him abt that.. My only concern is that his statement abt him dying along with his mum.."

yes he might say it with all seriousness but one thing u most be sure of is if he loves you far better than his mum,u need to ask him that coz by what we know the wife is part of a man's wife when they are both legally married so if he can die for his mum the case should also be for him towards u,verse verser
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Jman06(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2017
All i see here is that the lady gets jealous about the love the guy shares with his mum. All these other stories about the guy saying that he would not live should anything happens to his mum and all that are just hogwash. Perhaps, the guy said that just to make her understand how he cherishes his mum and here she is making mountain out of it.

Selfish ladies everywhere!
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by venatus25(m): 8:29am On Jun 18, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..

As a woman, the way you feel about it is natural, because women are jealousy in nature, I'm not saying this to hurt you, it's a fact. it seem as if there is something creepy on the way it looks but I will tell you no. It started from the brought up foundation. Mom and son love in families are very strong some mom call their son pet names like daddy mommy, my husband, my love, sweetheart, etc. She sees her son as her only hope in life after she lost her husband and channel all her love for him while the son sees her mom as his everything he need in life to survive, the one that upbringing him when he was nobody, the best adviser and the best lifetime friend who stood by him when other friends abandoned him, the one that goes on debt to be sure he live a comfortable and successful life, the only icon of true love in his life, etc there are much to add but I don't really have much time to add more.
If the guy and his mom loves you, I will advise you to marry him, don't be envious about the love between both of them, it is from the foundation of the family and no one can modify it because it is an addiction. (as I'm typing this I'm addicted to my mom).
The only good thing you can do to please him is if you can love his mom the way she did, If you can do so, you are a perfect wife material for him and nothing on earth can separate both of you. Let his mom be your mom.
I pray you give birth to a son that is addicted to love you, then you will appreciate what you are experiencing today.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by mrphysics(m): 9:06am On Jun 18, 2017
pocohantas:

I have no interest on what he wrote. I only read what you wrote that appeared on my "following" and relating it with the topic, it was just mere theories.

I wrote down a detailed explanation you called it an epistle. Now you have claimed I'm afraid of quoting them? Why would I be when I do not have interest on the topic. I wouldn't have read your comment if not that I 'follow' , so each time you comment I will see it. So stop talking as though there is any fear of quoting guys. That's not smart of your logic.

I do not wish to read the topic because I have no interest on it, I don't do it. Why would you even think that I'm afraid of quoting guys. Smh

Having read the post; I think the girl need to give the guy time. There was a time I call my mum everyday. But now, I don't even have time to engage in daily call. My reason for calling everyday is not far fetched. So she should give the guy time, not complain.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by veraiyke(m): 9:39am On Jun 18, 2017
pocohantas:

Look I do grab your point and I'm saying this may be all exaggeration. And I said that he said he will die if his mom dies does not mean he will die with her eventually. He can also make that statement in reference to his fiance
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2017
veraiyke:
Look I do grab your point and I'm saying this may be all exaggeration. And I said that he said he will die if his mom dies does not mean he will die with her eventually. He can also make that statement in reference to his fiance
I gave my opinion and stated it's only applicable if she isn't exaggerating smiley.

mrphysics:

Having read the post; I think the girl need to give the guy time. There was a time I call my mum everyday. But now, I don't even have time to engage in daily call. My reason for calling everyday is not far fetched. So she should give the guy time, not complain.
Next time read first, that way you get the 'logical flow'... undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Ralphdan(m): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Please do not get married..no one will miss your type..

..I wonder why you guys cant think like rational beings..will you be happy with a wife who calls her mum morning,noon and night??...who consults and asked for her opinion on every single issue concerning both of you?

...You can marry your mum if you cant grow up..period.
Have made my point you can commit suicide if you so wish. undecided
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by mrphysics(m): 11:00am On Jun 18, 2017
pocohantas:

I gave my opinion and stated it's only applicable if she isn't exaggerating smiley.

Next time read first, that way you get the 'logical flow'... undecided
Alright.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by MissRaine69(f): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

You think the lady doesn't have a history too, didn't her mother suffer to give birth to her too. I think if the OP wants to marry the guy she should make sure her own mum or dad is placed above him. This is the only way they can live together amicably
Dear me
By story , it's in reference to the fiancé . We only know her side she is the outsider here looking in. And who mentioned about the OP's parents being second best? Her concern stems from her personal feelings about what she PERCEIVES to be outside her norm. It's about perception with no historical context.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Ngokafor(f): 12:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ralphdan:

Have made my point you can commit suicide if you so wish. undecided

..Whatever!..just marry your mum or stay single,no one cares nor will anyone miss you.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by PapaNnamdi: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
Pidgin2:

Therefore, your wife will put her own parents before you, equation balance.
Pls stop quoting me,
Edakun,
I didn't say I want to marry you,
Pls..
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Ralphdan(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ngokafor:

..Whatever!..just marry your mum or stay single,no one cares nor will anyone miss you.

grin grin grin
I wish them bitches around here could say thesame.

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by KAYD007(m): 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
IMASTEX:
If you love him. Then learn to appreciate who or what he likes. His mother is the reason you could see him fit enough to be called your man. She must have sacrificed all to raise him after the death of the father. Respect that fact.

Love and accept his mother and see how your guy would honour and love you in return.

That's the spirit!

1 Like

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by kunletexs: 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2017
lady you are seeing the red flag and you are still considering?

is it when you marry and you want to have sex with your man and he tells you "wait, let me call my mother if she would be ok with our sex" is that when you want to learn

or you are deciding on the number of children to gave birth to and you have agreed on 3 only for him to change his mind and say 5 and when you question him you hear "mummy says she wants 5"
or
when you are having quarrel with your man and the next thing is the mother calling you to tell you how to cope with his son and heaping the blame on you. is it then you learn?

or when the woman finally dies and he goes on drinking spree and crashes after that, losses two legs and you are now the wife of a cripple because of mother death. what is your deal?

lady, read what the bible said about marriage and see if your man is a man or a boy and from your explanation, your husband is a BOY tied to his mother apron.

my conclusion. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked kiss[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

3 Likes

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by MrMoney007: 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
ImaIma1:

To think you have the audacity to tell me to shut up means you have a loose nut somewhere.
All your nuts are gone because you lost them at birth
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:57am On Jun 19, 2017
troy20:
may i also point out the common misconception that the way a man treats his mum is the way he's going to treat the wife.well its not necessarily so in very many cases...yeah quite ironical.a man say still in such a bond in his 30's wont shift or share such bond equally (whatever that means)with someone else he has barely had relations with for more a few months or years.this is not taking into account the naturally strong bond a mother and son have; the first person and woman he'd known...the breast feedings the sacrifices she'd made to see him grow into his adulthood...frankly you cant come in the way of that or beat that if he is still attached to that part of him so how do you expect to earn same and this is akin to not being weaned of that breast milk of his yet....that lovely bulging mound(though shriveled now) he struggles to get his little infant hands around as he suckles home pleasurely its glory.... wink he arnt aswell prepared to lead a new family of his me thinks.

Females don't drink same warm breast milk
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 19, 2017
PapaNnamdi:

Pls stop quoting me,
Edakun,
I didn't say I want to marry you,
Pls..

Lol PAPA Nnamdi wetin concern me with man like u?, I no dey crase to marry your type na cheesy
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by ImaIma1(f): 6:10am On Jun 19, 2017
MrMoney007:

All your nuts are gone because you lost them at birth

Nice try...lame though.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by PapaNnamdi: 8:19am On Jun 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

Lol PAPA Nnamdi wetin concern me with man like u?, I no dey crase to marry your type na cheesy

U will be shocked if u see me in person,

We just want to be anonymous for privacy sake
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by robosky02(m): 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
Oyindidi:
grin

baddooo grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

What Is the experience getting married to A Medical Doctor? / Female Genital Mutilation: Woman And Husband Escapes With Children (pic) / My Husband Cant Make Love To Me Without First Masturbating To Porn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.