Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,840 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed (37497 Views)

The Moment Little Boy Caught His Dad Cheating On His Mum. See What Happened / Boy Gets Corrected By His Mum On Instagram, He Yanks Off Her Comments (Photos) / My Man Thinks That The Money He Earns Is His And Not Ours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by MrMoney007: 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
ImaIma1:

Abeg jor! When my dad died, my mum didn't latch to my brothers like a leech. It is not all mums and sons that act like Siamese twins. Both can be close but not to the point of posing a threat to other loved ones like the wife.
That is exactly how a lot of mums tend to manipulate their sons and toss them around like toys.

OP be ready to be the second wife. I like a man that is his own man. Not one that needs to nurse from his mum everytime.
Shurrup there.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by diva90: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
If you can't manage, flee now before it's too late. This your husband to be is a typical nwa mummy(mummy's boy).

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by godson4u79(m): 3:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
Try to find out the sacrifices his mum has made for him. Then you will understand.. Soon you will also become a mother

sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Gifted100: 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
pls look for another man ,unless he change

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by PastorAji(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
too much annoying statements here

Those who dey create Mount Everest from a tin cup of sugar, haven't you read this portion of the Bible which says for this reason a man shall leave HIS FATHER AND MOTHER and shall be JOINED TO HIS WIFE amd the TWO SHALL BECOME ONE BODY

I love my mum (a lot......Iya Pasito.....YHWH preserve her for me) but I don draw the line tay-tey even before I got married even despite the fact that both of us get along very easy and I am closer to her than my other two brothers

Swerrychick if your guy can't draw that line and draw it fast...... you don jam am because YOU GO MARRY MUMMY WRAPPER

(flashback) An issue happened with my parents some years back and when I traced it, I discovered it was an advice given to my dad by his mum that caused the brouhaha

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
Good evening viewers! i have this issue has been bothering me, and i dont know if i can cope with it anymore particularly now we are making plans to settle down after my NYSC.

My man is too attached to his mum almost like an addiction. at first i was cool with it because his dad is late and i like guys that are close to their mums, but my man own is creepy and freaking me out. he calls his mum almost every hour, morning, afternoon, evening and even midnight calls.

One day his mum complained of headache, he almost left his office just to buy his mum drugs despite his mum telling him it's not serious, when i tried confronting him about this he told me that his mum is his soul and if his mum dies he would die along with her too, with all seriousness he told me this.

I've been very uncomfortable since that statement from him and it's making me have a rethink whether i can cope with him as a spouse.. please advice me..

Hmmmm every hour, am close with my mom, but am not that emotional, it's not hard to imagine, his mom has spent her time and energy raising her son and he's appreciative of that, so it will be weird for someone like you who hasn't played that large major role like his mum to complain, as long as he's not spilling your personal information/issues to her and he's not being controlled by his mother, i don't think you should be worried unless you feel that attention should be shifted to you. The way a man treats a mother tells how he will treat his wife, you should be glad. Don't make this the mountain you want to die on.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by oxon(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
if I know this fiancee of yours I will actually advice him not to marry you , ask your self if he shows his mum this much love ...that shows how much of loving man he is ....her life is halve spent already is only right he gives her all the best he can now shes alive you have no idea what that woman gave up for that boy to be the man he his today ..what you should do is show him all the love you can ..and take the place of his mom when she's gone ..as for now just live with it

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by cococandy(f): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
leave him

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by darlenese(f): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
Adebayo4all:
Rubish

Has he paid her birth price

birth price

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by darlenese(f): 3:31pm On Jun 17, 2017
Adebayo4all:
Rubish

Has he paid her birth price

birth price

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by cococandy(f): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
Your mom isn't a nice person if she said that
obataokenwa:
I didn't read either where you said the closeness to his mum affect you guys relationship. My mum once told me "If your wife die, you can remarry... but if your mum dies, she can never be replaced". Your own type of jealousy is a possessive one(gumbody).

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
GhettoG1:
Have a son first nd u gonna understand, i swear if a girl question about my mum in a slight rude way or she's asking too much then even if it's hour's to our wedding I'm calling it quit. Shikena

How does this solve her problem? Can't you see that her fiancé relationship to his mother is unhealthy who does that except a bona-fide forever mama's boy, I don't want a son that will be tied to my apron strings, it's unhealthy especially for a man, take note it also destroys many marriages, why will I want my child's marriage destroyed, grow up kid
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by cococandy(f): 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2017
Most of the posts on this thread prove how immature the users of this forum are.
I'll give the average age 15-19 years.
Yup.
Immature little kids

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
MissRaine69:
Stop trying to compete with his mother. He has one parent. At what age did his father die? It might have been a very traumatic time for your man. Have you considered that ? Try to get to know his mother as a person rather than confront him. It's his mother why should he have to explain his affection of her to you?

Because it can lead to future problems and it doesn't make sense for him or his mother to be so dependent on each other, it's very weird. I will never marry such a man if I notice such things about him

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2017
Masquerade7:
I broke up with two ladies simply because my mum always wants to know my whereabout anytime, and they seemed not comfortable with that. I had no option but to kick their ass. They all ended up calling me mama's boy. That I should I grow. Who cares

Mama's boys are irritating

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by fohlarp: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2017
Maximus85:

Run, run as fast as you can. Suffering is beckoning at you. Run. If you get married to him, you're a dead meat. His mothers jealousy is the beginning of trouble in your life.
yeah I concur,weneva d guy buys U gifts nd wntg to gv attentn she go eye d lady dwn.jealousy
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
Ngokafor:
..Ladies say no to Mama's boys masquerading as matured males...Examples are:

..'Mum said i should marry next year'

..'Mum said i should have two children'

...'Mum said i should not marry from so,so,so and so tribe'..

..'Mum said i should sleep with my wife twice a month'

..'Mum says i look better on casuals than co-operate wears'

..'Mum does not like me eating okro and ogbono soup together..mum this,mum that..

Ladies run as far away as possible from these sort of males if you know whats good for you...A word is enough for the wise.

By the special grace of God, I won't marry such, I rather remain single

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Chibuhealth(f): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:

A broken courtship is better than a broken marriage. I am a victim. whenever I have issues with my husband, he dare not make peace or apologize for what he did. he picks his phone and call his mother and sisters. dear..... I don't know you but I won't let you go astray. forget courtship love, marriage love is different. leave that guy for good. Don't say I didn't tell you.

Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by engrchykae(m): 3:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
did u read the part i said that im cool with guys that are close to their mums. My mans own is just so weird and creepy
will you have complained if your brother was addicted to your mum.remember that what goes around comes around.twenty something years from now,a slayqueen of your son will be complaining that your favorite son is too addicted to you.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by gentleedu(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2017
all u have to do is just get very close to his mom with open heart nd he will be seeing you as his wife nd second mom
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by iamrealdeji(m): 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2017
NairaSand:

Now you're sounding intelligent grin

I love my mom too but I'd love my wife more.

My wife and children are my primary responsibility, my mom a rich woman on her own comes second.

how can I love my wife more than my mom? my mom is a rich lady too and so is my dad but that doesn't stop me from giving them the best in this world. my dad is far far far richer than me now but I want to be greater than him and give him and my mom the best in this world,even though my dad is has a lot of shortcomings but I want to learn how not to look at his shortcomings and only look at the great things he has done for me since I was born.
and I can't live my wife more than my mom like you posted up there. I will love my mom than any girl I marry cos the going might be good and we can later divorce but my mom is my mom forever.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by iamrealdeji(m): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2017
NairaSand:

Now you're sounding intelligent grin

I love my mom too but I'd love my wife more.

My wife and children are my primary responsibility, my mom a rich woman on her own comes second.

how can I love my wife more than my mom? my mom is a rich lady too and so is my dad but that doesn't stop me from giving them the best in this world. my dad is far far far richer than me now but I want to be greater than him and give him and my mom the best in this world,even though my dad is has a lot of shortcomings but I want to learn how not to look at his shortcomings and only look at the great things he has done for me since I was born.
and I can't live my wife more than my mom like you posted up there. I will love my mom than any girl I marry cos the going might be good and we can later divorce but my mom is my mom forever.
I'm not the type that hugs my mom or give her kisses on the cheeks or so quick to take every picture with my dad and get so close with my dad but I love them both
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by engrchykae(m): 4:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
ImaIma1:

Abeg jor! When my dad died, my mum didn't latch to my brothers like a leech. It is not all mums and sons that act like Siamese twins. Both can be close but not to the point of posing a threat to other loved ones like the wife.
That is exactly how a lot of mums tend to manipulate their sons and toss them around like toys.

OP be ready to be the second wife. I like a man that is his own man. Not one that needs to nurse from his mum everytime.
its your type that will leave your husband house to come home to fight your brother wife because your mum told you that your brother wife is not licking her ass.the man'mum automatically becomes a witch while your mum is a saint.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by boiz2men(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
pocohantas:

If you dad put his own mother over your mother, his wife... Would you be happy? I wonder how some of you reason.
Your mum has enjoyed her life with your father, let your wife enjoy you her husband. Or does she have to wait till your son grows and the cycle continues.

Is your wife not receiving insults to take care of you guys kids?
Nawa!

Poco how would you feel if your son chooses his wife over you.. Especially if you trained him as a single mum
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by engrchykae(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
acc001:

U dnt knw wot u sayin
its a fact that wives and girlfriends have a reputation for betraying men while history is yet to show us the mum that betrayed a son.if the man is not successful he will find it difficult to find a wife but whether a man is successful or not he will have a loyal mum.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by obataokenwa(m): 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2017
cococandy:
Your mom isn't a nice person if she said that
Please read up cos I've explained better. Don't have strength for further explanation... read pages 7&8 in this topic. My mum is the most wonderful woman on earth. She gave me the best and I'm super proud of whatever advice she gave me cos none has ever failed me. Thanks.
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Mrbigman1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
sweerychick:
did u read the part i said that im cool with guys that are close to their mums. My mans own is just so weird and creepy

If his the first boy and mostly first child. U just can't do anything about it.

Dey ve dis undying connection.

First daughters to dad, first sons to mum.

I can stay 2 months without calling my mum or dad. But dat can be said of my elder brother.

I dnt think he can stay 2 hours without doing that.
A married man for that.
Sometime I wonder what dey re even discussing
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by fohlarp: 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2017
cococandy:
Most of the posts on this thread prove how immature the users of this forum are.
I'll give the average age 15-19 years.
Yup.
Immature little kids
who is talkg?
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
MrigweC:
Am so attached to my mum and I don't care if anyone likes it or not , she has not for one day infulenced my relationship life , calling his mum midnight is way out of the league .I don't want to judge your boyfriend because I don't knw how his childhood was . my only advise is talk with him and give him time

How can a male be attached to his mum, it's weird, you are a man, an independent being, stop this nonsense. I wouldn't want my son(whether I have one or not) to be attached to me it's not healthy for his own relationships and mine
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Elle277(f): 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
Abeg pray seriously before you say "I do " to that guy, cos some mums are so bad and occultic, some even initiate their sons and have sex with them, in fact any man so close to mum in such a way is a 'No' for me, Most of them choose wife for their son too..shine your eye
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
engrchykae:
will you have complained if your brother was addicted to your mum.remember that what goes around comes around.twenty something years from now,a slayqueen of your son will be complaining that your favorite son is too addicted to you.

Yes, I know you weren't talking to me but I feel the need to respond, thank God my brothers are not addicted to my mother, it's terrible and my mother never raised us up treating her male kids preferentially, in fact her favorite is our last born, she's a female and she's the most independent of us all, grow up boy
Re: My Man Is Too Attached To His Mum, Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
GhettoG1:
Have a son first nd u gonna understand, i swear if a girl question about my mum in a slight rude way or she's asking too much then even if it's hour's to our wedding I'm calling it quit. Shikena

May your children honor you.. I as a woman love it when I c sons close to their mum.. Let her have a son first .rubbish.
If she feels she can't let her move on abeg ..what nonsense ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. / Boy Falls From A Mango Tree And Dies In Imo (Photo) / When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63