Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths (26634 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Spotted On The Road In Abuja, Advises Against Drunk Driving / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos / How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by sarrki(m): 5:49am On Jun 17, 2017
Following security advice, there were indications yesterday that the Presidency is weighing options on how to tackle the Coalition of Northern Youths and the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) for the actualization of the Republic of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Security agencies, sources said yesterday, have advised the Federal Government to embrace dialogue and give the two groups final warning instead of arrest, outright crackdown and revocation of Kanu’s bail.

It was learnt that some of the options were presented at the sessions which the Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo had with Northern and Igbo leaders a few days ago.

Osinbajo, it was learnt, had reviewed intelligence reports on the Northern youths, IPOB and the renewed separatist agitations in the country with service chiefs, security chiefs and the police hierarchy on Sunday.

At the meeting, the Presidency was briefed that “some war mongers and divisive elements” were behind the Northern youths and IPOB, and that the objective of “these elements” is to destabilise the country.

The security reports indicated that some influential Northern leaders and groups have provided back up support for the coalition of Northern youths.

They also cited intelligence reports on how key Igbo leaders, including Senators, had been paying homage to the IPOB leader before the group organised a successful sit-at-home protest.

Although those behind the quit notice to Igbo have been identified, the security chiefs “strongly advised the government to exercise caution but to read the Riot Act to all the groups and their sponsors with a final warning.”

“The government has discovered that some forces were behind the coalition of Northern youths and IPOB. Those behind the ill-fated quit notice to Igbo have been identified, but the government is employing tact in managing the situation, ” a source privy to the goings-on in the Presidency in the last couple of weeks said.

Security report available to the government pointed to the fact that these Northern youths were most likely running errands for some war mongers, he further said.

He said there is a firm belief in government that the arrest of the Northern youths could trigger spontaneous violence in the North.

He said the sponsors of the Northern youths were found to be reacting to the successful sit-at-home protest by the IPOB.

“Some Northern leaders were said to be angry that after the IPOB protest, the leader of the organisation neither had his bail revoked nor was he re-arrested for treason,” he said.

He said the security services strongly advised the government to exercise caution in arresting the Northern youths.

They further advised against the revocation of bail for the IPOB leader despite the fact that the protest by the organisation which they perceived as “act of treason.”

They said arresting Kanu might lead to more security challenges in the South-East, which could heat up the polity.

The security chiefs, however, recommended dialogue with Northern and Igbo leaders where a Riot Act will be read and final warning given to all “divisive groups.”

The advice prompted the Acting President to meet with leaders from the North and the South-East, particularly leaders of umbrella socio-cultural organisations like the Arewa Consultative Forum ( ACF) and Ohanaeze Ndigbo.

Next week, the Acting President is expected to hold a joint meeting with Southeast leaders and their colleagues from the North.

After the meeting and once “the dialogue template has been followed satisfactorily,” the government may clamp down on any hate-inclined group in the country.

Security agencies are expected to be proactive in busting plots by any group, be it the Northern youths or IPOB.

“The government will no longer spare the rod in arresting leaders of groups undermining the peace and unity of the country. Also, all their sponsors will face the wrath of the law.

“There will be constant surveillance on all pressure and sensitive socio-cultural organisations nationwide,” the highly placed source disclosed.

Sixteen Northern youth groups, under the aegis of Coalition of Northern Youths on June 6 gave the Igbo up to October 1 to vacate the three geo-political zones in the North.

Some of the youth organisations in attendance at the Kaduna meeting included Arewa Citizens Action for Change, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Arewa Youth Development Foundation, Arewa Students Forum and Northern Emancipation Network on the Igbo Persistence for Secession.

The Northern youth organisations had enjoyed the backing of the spokesman of Northern Elders Forum and former vice chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University, Prof. Ango Abdullahi, who also lashed out at Northern governors for disowning the youths.

Abdullahi, who addressed reporters in Zaria, said he saw nothing bad with the quit notice issued by the Northern youths to Igbo people residing in the North because the Igbo were busy calling for the Sovereign State of Biafra and from all indications, their leaders, including governors, were behind them.

In a retaliatory move against the Northern youths, a coalition of Niger Delta militants demanded from the federal government the return of all oil blocs controlled by Northerners to the people of the oil producing region.

IPOB also issued a statement, calling on all Igbo sons and daughters residing in the North to return to their home

http://thenationonlineng.net/revealed-security-advises-arrest-northern-youths/
Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by sarrki(m): 5:53am On Jun 17, 2017
I Don't understand?

Are we saying they are above the law ?

If the led Federal Government did not do anything they will should not dare arrest any group that made such in future

It seems the Fulani herdsmen that operates freely is same shenaghian

I begin to lose hope in Nigeria

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by HiddenShadow: 5:56am On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:
I Don't understand?

If the led Federal Government did not do anything they will should not dare arrest any group that made such in future

In Ojukwu's voice " Good Morning "

It is now you are realizing that Nigeria is a fraud

Very soon, Osibanjo will be kicked out of power and an interim government established that will be headed by a Hausa Fulani man.

166 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by jay2pee(m): 5:59am On Jun 17, 2017
Third to comment, I am getting there.

Where is lala sef?? Abeg who killed snake?

Na joke ooo before I go chop ban

5 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by wristbangle: 6:05am On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:
I Don't understand?

I lose hope on greedy people who are @ the helms of power folding their arms as they wait till light situations escalate to nationwide threats before acting.

12 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by sarrki(m): 6:10am On Jun 17, 2017
wristbangle:

I lose hope on greedy people who are @ the helms of power folding their arms as they wait till light situations escalate to nationwide threats before acting.

Baba this thing tire me

2 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by castrokins(m): 6:11am On Jun 17, 2017
Nigeria Is Officially Finished...

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by CplusJason: 6:12am On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:
I Don't understand?

I begin to lose hope in Nigeria[/b]
Lmfao, The scale is gradually falling off.

Sarkki, Sai Baba. grin

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by jay2pee(m): 6:17am On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:
I Don't understand?

This isn't the sarrki I know.... Please someone should wake me up from this slumber....

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by jay2pee(m): 6:20am On Jun 17, 2017
wristbangle:

I don't know why it took you guys till this moment to realize this... This govt of for the North alone...

By my observations, any wrong committed by the northerners are virtually swept under the carpet... They are all Saints, the mother's pet...

I just pity those who still see no wrongdoing in this present government..

MRJAYPEE

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by chiwetaluAGU(m): 6:22am On Jun 17, 2017
I think for once this APC led FG got it right. Wise decision.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by chymes0359(m): 6:25am On Jun 17, 2017

Which presidency is saying this?
PMB ko acting?
Please we can't be ruled from the grave..
Stop missing AREWA ARESST with those that are agitating for BIAFRA, the NORTH didn't own Nigeria..
They should be ARESST with their backing elders ..
BUT
You people can't arrest the Arewa that's all..
Because buhari "does not belong to anybody"(IRONY)
PEOPLE or GROUP have the right to protest whenever they feel that the government is not doing enough for them..
Then the government should redress the issue boiling in that region, by calling for a referendum..

Don't know why this government led by the APC has lost credibility on preserving common integrity in the rule of law..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by ayzTIGER: 6:32am On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:
I Don't understand?

is this really sarrki? Sarrki to be sure your the one under this monicker type this captcha below
Z0Mb1E

118 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by chymes0359(m): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2017
jay2pee:

I don't know why it took you guys till this moment to realize this... This govt of for the North alone...

By my observations, any wrong committed by the northerners are virtually swept under the carpet... They are all Saints, the mother's pet...

I just pity those who still see no wrongdoing in this present government..

MRJAYPEE

I concur with you..

All I see is lack of equity and integrity in the rule of law.

Like seriously nothing is been done about the northern youths vehement utterances that can stir a bee for it's honest..

Am not surprised..

8 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by Bossontop(m): 6:35am On Jun 17, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
I said it weda dere is security advices or not non of these arewa guys will be touched not to talk ov arrest am even very sure their elders have called them, thanked them and even rewarded them for taking the bold steps they could not come out outrightly to make...
Hmmm even the OBA OF ZOMBIES is giving up on the president...this their work ov defending APC must be really getting tough for BMCs ooooo

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by intruxive(m): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2017
Ok o, northan yoots vs Ipob.
Igbo traders sitting ducks sad

1 Like

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by Nenejeje(f): 6:38am On Jun 17, 2017
I think it's high time Nigeria is restructured or better still, everyone should go their separate ways

19 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by BiafraIShere(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2017
Despite all these perenial threats on their lives, some of our people will still want to remain in the north! Is it because of the peanuts you are making there? Even if you are making excessive money there, is it enough reason to continue endangering your lives? It beats me on why my people will go to a place that is as unsafe as Syria & start building plazas, duplexes, factories etc & when crises starts they begin to drag feet because of what they've invested there! Despite the high purchasing power and how peaceful the East is, I've never come across a significant investment owned by a northerner, not even Dangote, yet my people are all over the north, investing their hard earned money like drunken sailors only for them to be looted & destroyed at the whims & caprices of those barbarians! Even if land is free in the north, I'll never erect an immovable structure there. Ukpana Okpoko Buuru, Nti Chiri Ya O! Agwa Nti Ma Onugi, Egbupu Isi, Nti Esoro Ya! Ijiji Nti Ike Na Eso Ozu Ala N'iyi. Ndeewo Nu!!

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by Nenejeje(f): 6:43am On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:
I Don't understand?

like seriously, you were being hopeful about Nigeria?

oh pleaaase!!!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by doctokwus: 6:48am On Jun 17, 2017
Incompetent govt that has just played itself into the hands of its detractors again.
Now u dare not arrest Nigerdelta agitators,IPOB agitators or any other group from d South that wud be sponsored by politicians to drum d beats of secession openly!
When Buhari was told from day 1 that his anticorruption fight,appointments and actions must not be selective and shud be based on equal justice for all,he ignored it and showed his innate bigotry&clannishness.He therefore emboldened murderous Fulani herdsmen,corruption in almost equal measure by family,cabal,party and friends and now impunity by jobless Northern youths that feel, and rightly so,that they can't b touched by his govt.
If d govt now dares arrest any southern group preaching same hate,I bet even God fearing people wud resist it bcoz nothing was done to d Almajiris that called themselves Arewa youth congress!

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 17, 2017
castrokins:
Nigeria Is Officially Finished...
Now you know

9 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by madridguy(m): 6:52am On Jun 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by BiafraIShere(m): 6:55am On Jun 17, 2017
intruxive:
Ok o, northan yoots vs Ipob.
Igbo traders sitting ducks sad
Any person that chooses to make himself a sitting duck is free to do so. It is not a question of if the almajiris will be sent by their leaders to unleash mayhem on non indigenes, but it is when! If after all these repeated warnings, signs & historical evidences and facts, any southerner, particularly my Igbo brethren still allows history to repeat itself, then such person commited suicide & I'll not grieve over such loss! I know it is very difficult to relocate, but please and please, do it regardless of the difficulty, do it for yourself & loved ones, your life is more important than any material possesion. How long will you continue living with barbarians & allowing your life to be at mercy of savages? A Word Is Enough For The Wise!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by Onwe101(m): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2017
wonder why the north feels they are top of the food chain....

4 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by madridguy(m): 6:59am On Jun 17, 2017
Typing....

sarrki:
I Don't understand?

2 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by BuariCopyPaste: 7:05am On Jun 17, 2017
They don't believe what they are seeing....
Zombies and BMC right now....

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by feelgoodInc: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2017
was osibanjo ordered not to arrest them or just advised not to arrest them, If I was him I have a plan,
1) the army needs some action so declare a 3 months state of emergency in kaduna on 30th September a day to 1st October. as a surprise.

2) arrest Nnamdi kanu and deport him, as a British citizen as he is.

3) transfer all head quarters of oil companies to the South south.

4) award a contract to dredge either the Port Harcourt, Warri or Calabar seaport.

5) name northern and southern leaders and any NGO that are in support of Quit notice and Biafra in media
to checkmate them.

i) seize their passports because if things go out of hand they'll want to escape so I will revoke their passports letting them know that we are in this together.

then things will be normalized.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by Nutase: 7:08am On Jun 17, 2017
shocked

1 Like

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by Paperwhite(m): 7:09am On Jun 17, 2017
As the sacred cows that they're.bleeped up country

4 Likes

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by madridguy(m): 7:09am On Jun 17, 2017
Boss this is a very critical situation that need to be handle with care to avoid another touching stories. At this time, the FG should be very careful so they won't play their card into the hand over the enemies of Nigeria within the arms of the government. The FG has made previous grave yard mistake that escalate to something serious later, examples: Boko Haram issue, Niger Delta Avengers, IPOB and now they most be careful. The FG used their veto powers on the listed examples which we all knows the FG got her finger burnt.

Everywhere is tensed already and making any arrest again, will be like detonator. The FG should continue negotiating, and start thinking on how to mobilize more military personals to some strategic location especially in Kano and Kaduna.

If the FG can clam down this two states, I think everything will be calm. Prof. Osibanjo, you have to get to work.

God bless Nigeria.

sarrki:
I Don't understand?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Security Advises Against Arrest Of Northern Youths by feelgoodInc: 7:10am On Jun 17, 2017
all south South and igbos should change their money into dollars right now....Those that experienced the first war will tell you that they got only 20 Nigerian pounds after the war.Following the ultimatum of Arewa youths, the same thing is being plotted again. Except that it will happen before any war and not after. When and if violence breaks out in the north, they know Igbos will retaliate.The first things is that they will claim banks cannot opendue to insecurity, but bank will function normally in the north. Eventually when it becomes too dangerous for any Igbo to venture into the north to operate their bank accounts, they will order the banks in the Igbo areas to close up completely, effectively trapping your money in Nigerian banks and will be seized. Then they will change money to make sure any money you have inyour possession is useless.Using the instrument of the Federal Government, some people now in government are already plotting how to confiscate your money in the bank.Those with hefty sums should begin to convert some of their assets into foreign currency immediately, or open up bank accounts in other foreign countries.DO THIS BEFORE FIRST OF OCTOBER TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCHES, don't forget that their agenda is to disposses the igbos in their announcement.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gara-Gombe: Aisha Buhari Wanted Amokachi As Sports Minister / President Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For His Inauguration / Buhari Honours Tobi Amusan With OON Award (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.