Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,578 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders (1206 Views)

President Buhari And Abdelfattah el-Sisi Parley On Counter Terrorism / PDP Shuns INEC Parley With Political Parties / Nnamdi Kanu Backs Out Of South-East Governors’ Peace Parley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
— 17th June 2017
By Tunde Thomas

The planned peace parley between political leaders from the South-Eastern part of the country, and their counterparts from the North with the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo scheduled to take place in Abuja next Thursday has been described as a charade that will not achieve the desired objective.
Making this submission in a release issued in Lagos at the weekend, Founder, Igbo Youth Movement, Evangelist Elliot Ugochukwu-Uko declared that the meeting will not address the truth about the Nigerian situation.
According to him, the meeting which is being organized following the October 1 deadline Quit Notice issued by some Arewa youths on the Igbo living in the North will achieve nothing other than to paper the cracks and postpone the evil day.
“As these leaders gather on June 22 for the meeting, the divide gets only deeper, and the anger spreads wider, while the elite club congratulates themselves for another choreographed deception successfully pulled off. But the fact is that the crack in the foundation of the country would only continue to get worse until we stop lying to ourselves’’ Ugochukwu-Uko declared.
Insisting that the military-inspired constitution on which the nation is being run can’t move Nigeria forward, the Youth leader said only a fundamental restructuring of the polity back to true federalism can save the country.
Despite the quit notice by some Arewa youth groups for the Igbo to leave the North, the Eastern Mandate Union (EMU) has expressed its determination to ensure the realisation of the Biafra Republic.
It urged Ndigbo living in northern Nigeria to make arrangements for relocation back home to avoid a repeat of the events of 1966, adding that the ultimatum is serious and should be treated as such.
The group’s position is contained in a communique made available to Saturday Sun and signed by the EMU Chancellor, Dr. Arthur Nwankwo, Secretary Muoneke Nwigwe, Director of Publicity, Bekee Osuagwu.
The group said the quit notice by the North to Ndigbo is not an accident or the action of a rascal group clamouring for relevance as it has the blessings of the northern establishment, the various denials notwithstanding
“Our resolve and determination for the independent state of Biafra is unshakeable. Biafra is not a brainwave. It is our vehicle of redemption and freedom from the Nigerian union that has brought us only misery and grief.
Biafra represents the movement of people out of oppression into the Promised Land of self-actualization. It is a constant reminder to the Nigerian state of its structural defects, which we have on numerous occasions called for its correction to no avail. We support the Biafran agitation. We thank the people of the southeast for heeding the call by IPoB on May 30th 2017 to sit at home. We are committed to Biafra unless the Nigerian State is ready NOW to subject itself to comprehensive restructuring” , the group stated.

http://sunnewsonline.com/igbo-group-rejects-osinbajos-proposed-parley-with-seast-northern-leaders/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by simplycarro: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
It's getring clear that these foolish people are bent on setting Nigeria on fire and destroy the country before they go to their biafra

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
Amarabae 2days

What do you say to this ?
Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Amarabae(f): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:
lipsrsealed
so while Chinedu is busy now hustling for money, you are on nairaland, searching for an Igbo topic to post.
When Chinedu makes it tomorrow and becomes rich, you start suspecting him.
Dear Sarrki, There is life outside nairaland and real men are hustling there, not on social media.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
Amarabae:
so while Chinedu is busy now hustling for money, you are on nairaland, searching for an Igbo topic to post.
Dear Sarrki, There is life outside nairaland and real men are hustling there, not on social media.

Yeah I get you

They are in Kuala Lumpur, Bombay and Indonesia

I even learnt of Evans the greatest hustler of all time

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by EzeUche(m): 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2017
It is a waste of the Igbos time and the North's time.

The Igbos have chosen the peaceful path of referendum, while everyone else is wishing us fire and brimstone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by prince9851(m): 12:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:

Yeah I get you

selling small quantity of mathamphetamine to make hundreds of thousands in Indonesia is far better than beheading your fellow ewedu mumurudeen in oshogbo just to sell his skull for 3k ;-D

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by madridguy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
Evangelist Elliot Ugochukwu-Uko made a very good point. But my point is that if Biafra will go, you guys should pack your load and leave in PEACE. This is new millennium and we should do things in a civilize manner. Pack your load and leave to avoid confrontation.

Let us consider the women, children, aged people and sick people. PROFESSOR OSIBANJO, PLEASE ALLOW BIAFRA PEOPLE TO GO AND MAKE SURE YOU BUILD A WALL when am ready to marry my Ngozi I will know what to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
prince9851:
selling small quantity of mathamphetamine to make hundreds of thousands in Indonesia is far better than beheading your fellow ewedu mumurudeen in oshogbo just to sell his skull for 3k ;-D

shocked

Spotted

How do you know that much ?

Methamphetamine we the lay man knows it as hard drug

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Iamwrath: 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:

Yeah I get you

That's a first lol

The hustle is real
Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Amarabae(f): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:

Yeah I get you

yes o. Atleast Evans learnt his trade from Top Nigeria legendary Armed Robbers like.
1. Shina Rambo
2. Dr. Oyenusi
3. Folurunsho Babatunde
4. Kayode Williams
5. Abiodun Egunfob
6. George Iyamu
oh. What a great list of legends in Arm Robbery in Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by temitope277(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
troublesome people, stubborn goats
Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
Amarabae:
yes o. Atleast Evans learnt his trade from Top Nigeria legendary Armed Robbers like.
1. Shina Rambo
2. Dr. Oyenusi
3. Folurunsho Babatunde
4. Kayode Williams
5. Abiodun Egunfob
6. George Iyamu
oh. What a great list of legends in Arm Robbery in Nigeria.

Sis, I didn't know the thing go pain you like this

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2017
madridguy:
Evangelist Elliot Ugochukwu-Uko made a very good point. But my point is that if Biafra will go, you guys should pack your load and leave in PEACE. This is new millennium and we should do things in a civilize manner. Pack your load and leave to avoid confrontation.

Let us consider the women, children, aged people and sick people. PROFESSOR OSIBANJO, PLEASE ALLOW BIAFRA PEOPLE TO GO AND MAKE SURE YOU BUILD A WALL when am ready to marry my Ngozi I will know what to do.

grin
Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by nerodenero: 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
A promise of Igbo presidency in 2019 will quench this agitation.

My take:- This marriage isn't working. The cheating is much, divorce should settle the problem but unfortunate leaders from the three ethnic groups benefit from one Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Homeboiy: 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
Osinbajo is just trying to be relevant

such a hypocrite

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Amarabae(f): 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:

Sis, I didn't know the thing go pain you like this
pain ke? Just trying to play the irony game you tried to initiate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
Amarabae:
pain ke?
Just trying to play the irony game you tried to initiate.

I can't fight you Amara

You be my person
Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
Homeboiy:
Osinbajo is just trying to be relevant

such a hypocrite

Do you say relevant ?

What is the work of a commander in Chief

Knowledge is good

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Amarabae(f): 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:

I can't fight you Amara
You be my person
yes o.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by ProWalker: 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
Amarabae:

90% of the time, what you label hustling is actually crime. All of us cannot engage in crime

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by AgentSmith001: 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
simplycarro:
It's getring clear that these foolish people are bent on setting Nigeria on fire and destroy the country before they go to their biafra
. Tajudeen why are you hell bent on disgracing Yoruba nation on the cyberspace. i thought Yoruba nation support restructuring of the polity. be ashamed of urself for once

you Yoruba Muslims should stop disgracing the great oduduwa land all in the name of a fuxcccking religion called Islam.

what a shame;!!!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Ejanla07: 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2017
simplycarro:

my yoruba muslim brother. re u also changing tone like me?

we used to shout Biafra will never come. Nnamdi Kanu will rot in jail.
but it never happened.... it's clear Biafra is a reality

why don't we go hit our head harder 5 more times maybe allah will make Igbos hate Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu and abandon him so dat we yoruba muslims can eat amala ati greenish slimy hydraulic ewedu with one egg in peace

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Ejanla07: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
sarrki:

Yeah I get you

i rather be in india Kuala Lumpur, Bombay and Indonesia
than be skull mining in oshogbo for 3k...
vagina 1500 hand 700
cheaper in d head quarters ogun

and d shot put republic ibadan. brown roof republic

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by HiddenShadow: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
simplycarro:

People who fail to accept peaceful secession, should not weep when the secessionists burn down their homes before going

Wisdom says, Grant them their referendum to decide their fate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Rejects Osinbajo’s Proposed Parley With S/east, Northern Leaders by Terkimbi01: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
simplycarro:

Benue state is fire already.

plz, who set the fire

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Proposes ‘Armed Forces Reserve Corps’ / #buhari444 Is Trending On Twitter. / Buhari Celebrates Super Eagles For Holding Cameroon To A Draw ,(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.