Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) (1300 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Detail Business Plan And Proposal For Cassava Farming, From Cultivation To...... / Practical Cost And Income Analysis Of Cassava Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by eminikansoso(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
CASSAVA FARMING
(UNFORESEEN DIAMOND)

Please pardon me for my poor grammatical expression.
Cassava is the one of the most consumed food in the West Africa countries. It also used in the production of animal feeds and pharmaceutical starch in the European countries. Been one of highest consuming food in Nigeria and some other west Africa countries, we youths of the region still complained about unemployment and lack of funds for our uses.
Let assume we want to engage in one hectare of cassava farm.
1. LAND PREPARATION
2. TILLING AND RIGDES
3. SPRAYING AND PLANTING
4. WEEDING
5. HARVESTING.
Land Preparation is done in January or early February before the raining season. This is done by cutting down and clearing of bushes in the area to be farmed. Six weeks after clearing of the land, burning of the dry shrubs.
Tilling and Ridges this is done by farm tractor or manual process depends on the size of the farm. If it more than hectare go for tractor because of the price and time. The rate charged by the tractor will be far less compare to manual cultivation.
Spraying and Planting, immediately the land has been cultivated spraying of herbicides on the farm is next step. For me I prefer DOUBLE FORCE as an example. This will prevent the farm to be over grown by weed. Planting is done three days after spraying of herbicides and the cassava stems are measured between 9in to 12in long.
Weeding is not compulsory but have greater advantages on the cassava farm. Weeding is done manually and should done twice before harvesting, first weeding in the November or early December and the final weeding is around May or June. This will prevent your farm from all kind of rodents and from bush burning in December/January.
Harvesting is the final stage in the farming. Cassava is harvest by uprooting the tuber from the ground. As for me, I allowed my cassava to reach 14 to 15 months before harvesting. Although there are different types of species like 6 months, 9 months, 12 months and 2 years species.
Total money should not be exceeding #200,000 from land clearing to harvesting no matter the your location. My farm is situated Igbolu in Delta state. Someone called me this morning been June 17, 2017 and asked how come I was able to achieve 63 tons of raw cassava against 30 tons before the line went off. But the truth of the matter is that no magic but Delta, Edo and Anambra state do have a very good fertile land.
Thanks
Oyedepo A.T

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by eaglevirus: 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2017
how much did you realize after selling your 53 Tonnes also what are the challenges you faced so we can brace for it.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by eminikansoso(m): 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
eaglevirus:
how much did you realize after selling your 53 Tonnes also what are the challenges you faced so we can brace for it.
NOTE NOT 53 TONS BUT 63 TONS OF CASSAVA IN OTURU IN DELTA STATE AND WAS SUPPLIED TO IHIALA CASSAVA FACTORY IN ANAMBRA STATE AT #22500 PER TON
THANKS
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by wave1(m): 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
Let me have your contact pls....
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by lordkings1: 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2017
Great
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by henrimoto(m): 5:10am On Jun 23, 2017
How many hectares did you use to get the 63 Tons.
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by eminikansoso(m): 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
henrimoto:
How many hectares did you use to get the 63 Tons.
One hectare of land.
100 meters by 100 meters ridges by tractor. Although the rolls is 100 but the length of the each roll is 100 meters while I allow the spacing in the roll to be 80 cm interval.
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by lordkings1: 8:56am On Jun 24, 2017
please drop your phone number
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by KingShayDee(m): 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
How do i get in touch with you
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by Lawfranc: 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
Please sir I have two hectares presently and I need help on how to go about getting the right cassava stems I have some already from ADP please I really need the help I'm just a new farmer. Can I get your contact wherever u tell me to come within Anambra and Asaba I'll sir
This is my number 08058234843 just a flash I'll call back or just drop yours I'll call
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by biker1: 8:18am On Jun 05, 2020
Pls how do I get your number mine is 08184442266 I need where to buy cassava stems that’s produce in 6 months am in port harcourt
Re: Cassava Farming (the Unforeseen Diamond In Our Environment) by onowu007(m): 2:59am On Feb 26, 2021
I am urgently in need of 100 tons of cassava tubers, please send your current price per ton and location to kelvinonwachukwu@gmail.com.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Dried Hibiscus � Leaves Suppliers Needed / Maize Hybrid Seed Seedco / 4 Drums Of Pko Available For Sale .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.