Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. (4102 Views)

Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / My Fellow Igbos! Boycott The Elections! Nothing Will Change No Matter The Outcom / Fellow Igbos Please Forget About The Presidency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 7:22am On Jun 18, 2017
First a background.
I am Igbo and I live in the north of Nigeria. I have followed events quite closely, listening to all sides hoping to decide which argument has the most merit. As it is , the northern youths' ultimatum to my kin to leave the north has helped crystallize my own position.
I am in favour of a UN backed referendum for the Igbo and any others to express their desires or otherwise to break away from Nigeria. I do hope that can be done quickly enough, and am urging the FG to please expedite this process. Ultimately I would hope that borders and other terms of the separation would be decided under the watchful eyes of the int'l community, and the new nation birthed in peace.
I've had to define my position to debunk the myth of the Igbo who will not leave the north come what may. I was born here in the north and only had my university training in the east . NYSC and 100% of my working life have been in the north and I have many friends here , but I will never succumb to the humiliation of being called a parasite on the north. Indeed I and many others like me have given to the north more than it has given me.
I was the only doctor in the local government where I served (NYSC) and the constant communication from my friends there show how much I meant to them. I own a hospital now, and 95 percent of my staff are northeners. Many of my friends similarly. Listen : if the north wants me to leave, I am more than happy to oblige them.

Now my advice:
1. All Igbo in the remote northern hinterland should relocate as a first step to the city centers with large Igbo populations. Don't be found alone when it goes down.
2. Arrangements for sufficient video surveillance of happenings should be made by all. Get a recording device and carry it with you at all times. Place any potentially illegal infringement on your rights on record. We hope to open a Facebook account where folks can post videos and all.
3. Be sure to have papers of your real estate. Bank them if you can.
4. Be extremely cautious what you say/do on social media, or in real life. DONT DRAW FIRST BLOOD!.
5. relocate those you can.
6. Keep in touch. Arrangements are being made to beam an intense international media searchlight on Igbo enclaves in the north. Don't be isolated.
7. BE READY TO GO HOME!!! Our aim is a legal divorce from Nigeria with a new homeland to relocate to; until that is guaranteed its suicidal to congregate in the east under guard of a hostile and reckless armed forces. Don't go anywhere until Biafra or some other entity legally emerges.
8. Stop all further investments in the north. Transfer what you can home. Even if Nigeria remains as is, you should have learnt a thing or two.
9. I have put up some of my real estate for sale. You may wish to do the same.
10. Retain contacts with our Christian brothers from the middle belt and the northern minorities. There will be future negotiations and discussions, and all contacts and connections will be useful.
11. Lastly don't tar everyone with the same brush. There are core Hausa Fulani that are as disturbed by recent events. There are good and bad people everywhere .
Whatever happens hereafter , Nigeria can never remain the same again.
There was a country.

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Nutase: 7:30am On Jun 18, 2017
Why are yout trying to create panic were there is none?

5 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2017
I want to buy your real estate but not now, when the heat starts I will be the one to tell u the price at which i want to buy it so pls hold on.

Besides the Igbo u are asking to relocate do u have house for them, do u have food for them, how will they get money to take care of theirselves...!! Pls of u are on a suicide mission don't include others just carry your cross..

Where is your real estate at lemme see if I am interested.!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
I want to buy your real estate but not now, when the heat starts I will be the one to tell u the price at which i want to buy it so pls hold on.

Besides the Igbo u are asking to relocate do u have house for them, do u have food for them, how will they get money to take care of theirselves...!! Pls of u are on a suicide mission don't include others just carry your cross..

Are you worried for the Igbo or scared shitless that your arewa youth have played a very bad hand? You never Chi chom ching.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

Are you worried for the Igbo or scared shitless that your arewa youth have played a very bad hand? You never Chi chom ching.
I am neither scared nor worried, I only said that out just to confirm how intelligent ipob Jews are, besides I am only interested in there properties, I have been waiting for this for a long time now, it is not u that will tell me the price u want to sell, I will be the one to tell u the price, it called "distress sale".. I would benefit from this saga pls help me thank kanu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Yoshy: 7:46am On Jun 18, 2017
Nutase:
you better start facing the reality. Your likes will start crying blood when the shit finally goes down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Yoshy: 7:47am On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
I am neither scared nor worried, I only said that out just to confirm how intelligent ipob Jews are, besides I am only interested in there properties, I have been waiting for this for a long time now, it is not u that will tell me the price u want to sell, I will be the one to tell u the price, it called "distress sale".. I would benefit from this saga pls help me thank kanu
Lazy Afonja spotted, you see, your laziness won't even allow you to grab a penny from Igbos if that will even be possible.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 7:50am On Jun 18, 2017
Nutase:
I'm making hay while the sun shines. I can't just sit back and allow history repeat itself. If the government can't arrest criminals, then I and my friends will ensure that international law and bodies are brought to bear. Finally there is no panic , yet; there is only a complex political game of chess and we are equal to the task.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2017
Yoshy:
Lazy Afonja spotted, you see, your laziness won't even allow you to grab a penny from Igbos if that will even be possible.
are u not the ones leaving Nigeria, or how then do u plan to manage your property, I am not lazy just trying to make money by buying ipob Jews property in Nigeria, that's all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 7:53am On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
Be rest assured my dear, you will have it all to yourself soon enough. Every thing. Just get the darn divorce done with and let's go our separate ways.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Nutase: 7:53am On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

I'm making hay while the sun shines. I can't just sit back and allow history repeat itself. If the government can't arrest criminals, then I and my friends will ensure that international law and bodies are brought to bear. Finally there is no panic , yet; there is only a complex political game of chess and we are equal to the task.
I think you guys are going about this the wrong way. Nnamdi kanu and igbo politicians are fighting for their pockets and most ibos can't decipher this.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 7:54am On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

Be rest assured my dear, you will have it all to yourself soon enough. Every thing. Just get the darn divorce done with and let's go our separate ways.
I am not the one in charge..!!

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 7:57am On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
I am not the one in charge..!!
Then keep quiet and let them answer me. I've played my hand. They're next.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by BlackMbakara1(m): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2017
All i can deduce from this write-up is sheer arrogance which has not taken the Igbos anywhere.

It's so unfortunate for the Op to say he has given more because he's doing charity work there without pay and even if he does, are you the first?

Instead of Igbos to channel their energies into re-orientating their kins from nefarious activities like kidnapping, counterfeiting, drugs, fraud, baby factory etc and building bridges...

10 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

wish u luck though, I need that money....!!!

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2017
Nutase:
I think you guys are going about this the wrong way. Nnamdi kanu and igbo politicians are fighting for their pockets and most ibos can't decipher this.
Why didn't the northern youth demand that IPOB and nnamdi kanu be made persona non grata in the north? Why rope in the entire Igbo? Do you claim not to know of igbos , even politicians who hate and despise ipob? The northern youth have taken this to the level where people like me operate, and I am ready to play ball.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 8:02am On Jun 18, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
All i can deduce from this write-up is sheer arrogance which has not taken the Igbos anywhere.

It's so unfortunate for the Op to say he has given more because he's doing charity work there without pay and even if he does, are you the first?

Instead of Igbos to channel their energies into re-orientating their kins from nefarious activities like kidnapping, counterfeiting, drugs, fraud, baby factory etc and building bridges...

With respect please don't derail this thread

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by saymax(f): 8:13am On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

in as much as i am not a biafran(neither by region nor by sentiment), i agree with ur advice. Wen d northern youths decide 2 carry out any plan of oustering, i wont wait 2 b a victim. Better safe than sorry. I knw u dont mean any panic. Just like dey say " to b forewarned is 2 b forearmed"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Tyche(m): 8:14am On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:

You dey mind those armchair generals and wretched touts who cannot see beyond their nose.

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 8:15am On Jun 18, 2017
saymax:

in as much as i am not a biafran(neither by region nor by sentiment), i agree with ur advice. Wen d northern youths decide 2 carry out any plan of oustering, i wont wait 2 b a victim. Better safe than sorry. I knw u dont mean any panic. Just like dey say " to b forewarned is 2 b forearmed"
Thanks sweetheart.

5 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2017
Tyche:

You dey mind those armchair generals and wretched touts who cannot see beyond their nose.
lol..they are highly intelligent, that's what they told me grin grin grin
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Rich4god(m): 8:22am On Jun 18, 2017
The problem with many Igbo fellas is that they shy away from the truth.... They leave their burning house to chase other ppls problem.... And wen you try to tell them the truth, even as a fellow Igbo guy, they just come for ur head and start insulting you....

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Funlord2(m): 8:23am On Jun 18, 2017
Yoshy:
you better start facing the reality. Your likes will start crying blood when the shit finally goes down

See this one? Armchair general? Online Rambo? Cyber undertaker? Have you ever even seen a real bullet you this little boy?

This is how you aba made jewish people always make mouth and then later just like your forefathers you will all dress like kim kardashian and start engaging in long distance running to the ivory coast! Abeg.... grin

4 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by BlackMbakara1(m): 8:25am On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

With respect please don't derail this thread

Continue massaging your ego...

2 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by newbornmacho(m): 8:28am On Jun 18, 2017
saymax:

Tnx

6 Likes

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by Tyche(m): 8:31am On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:
lol..they are highly intelligent, that's what they told me grin grin grin

Make no mistakes, I am Igbo, but some of these things are downright childish

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 8:32am On Jun 18, 2017
cool

God bless you

You are wise

All Igbos should get a video recorder connected to the internet.

We should establish various internet sites connected to the United Nations to post the demonic killings of the Hausa Fulani people

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by eastsidechillz: 8:33am On Jun 18, 2017
newbornmacho:

Why didn't the northern youth demand that IPOB and nnamdi kanu be made persona non grata in the north? Why rope in the entire Igbo? Do you claim not to know of igbos , even politicians who hate and despise ipob? The northern youth have taken this to the level where people like me operate, and I am ready to play ball.

Whoever disagrees with your piece of advice is your real enemy.

IGBOS Living in the North pls transfer as much wealth/investment as you can back to the EAST NOW.

Don't ever invest Kobo in the North henceforth.

Send your family home now. you as a man can stay behind if you wish.

Or move to Abuja as we will give them the biggest resistance they have ever encountered. But that cannot be done when you a lone ranger in core North.

We want peace but if they want it there own way, that they will have.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 8:34am On Jun 18, 2017
Tyche:

Make no mistakes, I am Igbo, but some of these things are downright childish
Igbo's in my side also feel the same..it is very childish..
Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by HiddenShadow: 8:37am On Jun 18, 2017
whitebeard:

Biafra is here to stay

1 Like

Re: My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North. by whitebeard(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Biafra is here to stay
so is my money...!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apc's Gboyega Oyetola In Slim, Early Lead. / NIPC, FIRS Inaugurate Joint Committee On Pioneer Status Incentive / Samuel Deborah: The Smelling Hypocrisy Of The South (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.